It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:06 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 No more Eeveelutions plz 
Fails at life
Fails at life

The Amber Mine wrote:
i ment to kill only two(this will change if more come out though)

And what if by miracle the new ones are completely awesome?

Doctor Meowgon wrote:
{vaporeon} is a horrid Pokemon who is OU for basically no reason whatsoever. All that HP wasted on a Water-type Pokemon who can't take any hits. Also, it has a good Special Attack but still can't hurt anything due to Water-type move compatibility. (Please, Dragonite! Stay still and let me Ice Beam you! Don't switch out into Lanturn, and don't Outrage me, please!) Everything outspeeds it, so don't expect it to pull off more than one move.
{jolteon} is outclassed by both Zapdos and Raikou. Zapdos beats it in power + defenses and gets Heat Wave for killing Jirachi cleanly and Roost which allows it to stall out a Tyranitar's Stone Edge. Raikou can boost it's stats with Calm Mind and is almost as fast. Jolteon only has a shallow imitation of that ability in Charge Beam. Jolteon takes hits like an overripe banana, and like Vaporeon it has terrible type coverage. Shadow Ball and Thunderbolt is all we are looking at here, until you breed for decades for a Hidden Power. Why? So you can nail Swampert a couple times? Is that really worth the effort of training Jolteon?

You can't really say that about Vaporeon because it all depends, how u train it, who uses it, you can't just stereotype it because you have no idea what would happen.

And that's unfair to compare Jolteon to legendaries because well their legendaries. And if Jolteon could be that close to legendaries in terms of power and crap, that's just sad for the legendaries. And again what I said with Vaporeon, how it's trained, who's using it, and the outcome cannot be stereotyped. And if you're going to stereotype them, go to all generations for terms of usefulness in that specific gen. cus in first gen. Jolteon, Vaporeon and Flareon were good pokemon.

Last edited by AnimeFreak_98 on Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:28 am
THE POWER IS ON!

To say Vaporeon or Jolteon suck in battle is ridiculous. They are the only two Eeveelutions who are any GOOD in battle.

How the hell can Vaporeon take only "one hit" when it has base 135 HP and base 95 Special Defense? That is incredibly sturdy. And unlike just about every other Bulky Water out there, Vaporeon isn't torn apart from Grass Knot. On top of that, it is actually capable of inflicting damage with its good Special Attack, unlike the Blissey or Cresselia of the world. I don't know how exactly Water and Ice have "poor coverage" when only other Water types resist it, and that's why most bulky Waters run Toxic. Vaporeon usually doesn't even run Ice Beam because the thing that really distinguishes Vaporeon from the others is Wish passing and/or Substitute passing using that monster HP.

You also say that Zapdos and Raikou "outclass" Jolteon even though 1) Raikou isn't even OU and Jolteon is, 2) Raikou and Jolteon have the same limited movepool issues and 3) Neither Zapdos or Raikou can learn Baton Pass, when Baton Passing Agility is Jolteon's main role in battle. It's really hard to "outclass" another Pokemon when they don't even fill the same role in battle that you do. Vaporeon and Jolteon also have immunities (rather, absorption, which lets them get HEALED with prediction) that allow them to come in easier than other Waters/Electrics.

Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:38 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

When your skin is as thin as Goldeen's, having as much HP as Wailmer doesn't help you. Vaporeon has Steelix syndrome. Nobody targets the strong side because the weak side is as protrudent as an impudent puppet. One Megahorn and you can kiss your Vaporeon goodbye. A Head Smash will knock it out of the ring. Not weak to Grass Knot? Infernape can still Close Combat ya. And when you try to hide your terrible defense behind your excellent special defense, powerful special attackers will come knocking and blast open your steel door with a stick of dynamite. In retaliation, you can Wish or you can Surf. Surf doesn't do much. Your Vaporeon is defensive, not offensive remember? Wish can allow a weak teammate to come in safely, restore some health. That has some merit... but Vaporeon can only do it once. Better make that opportunity count, pal.
Spoinkable wrote:

{jolteon} has been given Volt Absorb, and still has a VERY powerful and fast Thunderbolt. Doesn't need a whole lot else.

Are you telling me that Jolteon does need more than a VERY fast and powerful Thunderbolt? You're also telling me that it isn't supposed to be offensive and the offensive roles should be left to the legends? It also needs Agility and Baton Pass and Substitute? Well. You showed me.

P.S. Comparing non-legendary Pokemon to legendary Pokemon is fair if they are used in the same battle circles.

Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:20 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I think it would be cool to have an Eeveelution for every type, but it would be for collection purposes only. I wouldn't actually use them in battle because of their relatively low stats. Good for collections, yes. Good for battling purposes, no.

Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:23 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Doctor Meowgon wrote:
When your skin is as thin as Goldeen's, having as much HP as Wailmer doesn't help you. Vaporeon has Steelix syndrome. Nobody targets the strong side because the weak side is as protrudent as an impudent puppet. One Megahorn and you can kiss your Vaporeon goodbye. A Head Smash will knock it out of the ring. Not weak to Grass Knot? Infernape can still Close Combat ya. And when you try to hide your terrible defense behind your excellent special defense, powerful special attackers will come knocking and blast open your steel door with a stick of dynamite. In retaliation, you can Wish or you can Surf. Surf doesn't do much. Your Vaporeon is defensive, not offensive remember? Wish can allow a weak teammate to come in safely, restore some health. That has some merit... but Vaporeon can only do it once. Better make that opportunity count, pal.
Spoinkable wrote:

{jolteon} has been given Volt Absorb, and still has a VERY powerful and fast Thunderbolt. Doesn't need a whole lot else.

Are you telling me that Jolteon does need more than a VERY fast and powerful Thunderbolt? You're also telling me that it isn't supposed to be offensive and the offensive roles should be left to the legends? It also needs Agility and Baton Pass and Substitute? Well. You showed me.

P.S. Comparing non-legendary Pokemon to legendary Pokemon is fair if they are used in the same battle circles.

The only thing that can learn Megahorn that would OHKO Vaporeon is Heracross, MAYBE Rapidash. Nidoking, Rhyhorn/Rhydon, and Rhypherior all get killed before the Megahorn has chance to land.

And comparing non-legendary to legendary is not fair, even if they are used in the same battle circles.

Act Like you know.

Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:53 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Doctor Meowgon wrote:
Spoinkable wrote:

Your argument for Vaporeon is somewhat valid, but only somewhat because great in one defense and ok in another is ridiculously common. If you eliminate all of those from your potential teammates, you essentially write off the majority of the meta game. Sure, Steelix is arguably a one-trick pony due to his MASSIVE Def and laughable SpDef, but he can abuse the Heck out of that talent if used correctly. The whole point of having a teammate with one defensive stat outrageously overpowered is to switch it in when you know it won't be killed and either force a switch or set up a strategy.
And are you completely forgetting Vaporeon's great gift from Arceus, Acid Armor? It raises Defense by 2 stages. All he'd have to do is create a gargantuan Substitute with all that HP and get one of those puppies out, and he's MUCH bulkier. Also, I'm confused how 110 SpAtk, even when no EV's are invested, is anything but brutal when paired with a STAB Surf.

And as far as what you just said about Jolteon, I'm not 100% sure what you meant to say.
I literally couldn't read through all the sarcasm. I'll respond to what I think you were saying.
What I meant was it shouldn't need much else offensively besides Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball (sorry I didn't go into more detail). Plus, being able to switch Jolteon out for free - via Baton Pass - and bring in an appropriate response to your opponent's switch-in is very helpful. It helps ease prediction the next time you switch him in.
Is that better?

One thing I'd like to add is that it IS completely fair to compare Jolteon to Raikou and Zapdos, because they're all used in the OU (overused) tier in competitive battling.

Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:41 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

:) and I also was only talking about 50% the games and 50% everything else. In the games a normal pokemon might usually be able to stand up to a legendary but usually has to be around the same level and stats and not have a disadvantage (depends who's behind the pokemon too), but in the anime legendary pokemon are supposed to be like all powerful and regular pokemon dont stand a chance, unless its against a less serious legendary like {celebi} and {shaymin} but even if a pokemon can stand up to a legendary it's unfair to compare a pokemon to a legendary, in all aspects not just power-wise. And legendaries in general and pokemon in general. I wasn't just pointing out {vaporeon} , {jolteon} , {zapdos} and {raikou} .

Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:49 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

if they make a new eeveelution (and i know they probably will) it better have good stats and move pool

Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:18 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Nah, take a look at the pokemon comparer on psypoke main site-dex and compare the eeveelutions...
their base stats are layed out in a certain way...

highest: 130
next: 110
then: 95
then: 2 x 65
then: 60

All the eeveelutions base stats are layed out like that so i dont think any future eeveelutions will have better stats..maybe better layed out...

Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:59 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Darkrai-follower wrote:
Nah, take a look at the pokemon comparer on psypoke main site-dex and compare the eeveelutions...
their base stats are layed out in a certain way...

highest: 130
next: 110
then: 95
then: 2 x 65
then: 60

All the eeveelutions base stats are layed out like that so i dont think any future eeveelutions will have better stats..maybe better layed out...

THIS has forever been the only reason I don't think they'll make all the types without doing a giant edit to how they generally work.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:06 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah and there's only a certain number of combinations there can be. But only a select few would be decent (kinda). Yeah it would be good for them to change this but i think it's highly unlikely for them to have an Eeveelution with better stats. MAYBE better layout, though...

Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:36 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

What's with all the Jolteon hatred? Jolteon is the best sub-passer around and can baton pass agility too, making it extremely useful. Why pick on this guy (and Vaporeon when there are failures like Flareon about?

I completed the Nuzlocke Challenge,give it a go!
FC (Rackham): 2751 3755 8475 (HG)

Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:06 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

InstantBacon wrote:
What's with all the Jolteon hatred? Jolteon is the best sub-passer around and can baton pass agility too, making it extremely useful. Why pick on this guy (and Vaporeon when there are failures like Flareon about?

LOVE the name...
And To be honest i would have to say Jolteon and Vaporeon are the best of the Eeveelutions. But not everyone hates Jolteon, from what i pick up, in this thread it's only 1...or 2.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:10 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

InstantBacon wrote:

THANK YOU

WirelessBrain wrote:
LOVE the name...
And To be honest i would have to say Jolteon and Vaporeon are the best of the Eeveelutions. But not everyone hates Jolteon, from what i pick up, in this thread it's only 1...or 2.[/color]

Also, HOLY CRAP you changed everything about yourself.
I was ridiculously confused.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:22 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Spoinkable wrote:
Also, HOLY CRAP you changed everything about yourself.
I was ridiculously confused.

everyone is changing everything about themselvs, even me, i had a total makeover for my sig, avatar, and i hav moved in with the bogerman.
and i think that umbreon is the best one coz of it's design, and coz i like dark types, they are bad at battlling when i battle with them but i love there designs and backrounds, like, mighthiena looks B-A to me, but i have never seen a great battler with one.

also, i hav seen peeps fail at life, but what has happened to animafreak_98???

Even Though Your Fire Burns
It Rains Inside Me,
My Love For You Will Never Die
Please Come And Set Me Free.

The Amber Mine wrote:
hahahaha olo XD so funnzy

I hate myself...

Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:16 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

im sick of trying to get all the eeveelutions in every ds pokemon game so i dont want more eeveelutions either

Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:31 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

we don't need more eeveelutions. i always thought they were for stat variation. not so "LOOK. I CAN EVOLVE INTO ANY TYPE I WANT BECAUSE IM OVER-RATED LIKE THAT :3" (oh, and about animefreak if i'm correct, all that is because he's close to being banned for whatever reason.)

Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:43 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

I still think they should make an eeveelution for every type, but at the same time, no. I would like to have a pokemon that has 17 different evolutions with 17 different types, but it would be a little much...But if they do make 17 different evolutions, they NEED to give them better stats and such
(And yes, im illiterate because im close to being banned for whatever reason)

Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:15 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

All the eeveelutions atm are types that were special in Gens 1-3, so by that logic, the most likely type to be created is dragon, the only special type left... also, they've pretty much done all the different base stat combos for any to be truly original in that sense and due to their ideas about consistency, I don't see game freak making any more eveelutions, as much as I'd like to see them.

Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:20 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Well, the logic says Dragon is next, but Dragon is our über-element right now, and if a Dragon-type Eeveelution were to come into play, then everyone would make it that Dragon-type, since all of our current Dragon-types are either large, powerful Pokémon, or will evolve into such.

Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:12 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Exactly, which is why I doubt its occurence

Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:30 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Nosepass wrote:
Well, the logic says Dragon is next, but Dragon is our über-element right now, and if a Dragon-type Eeveelution were to come into play, then everyone would make it that Dragon-type, since all of our current Dragon-types are either large, powerful Pokémon, or will evolve into such.

Not necessarily. They could make it a little dragon, one of those "could barely harm your cat" kind of dragons. Personally, something that looked like a cross between Vaporeon and Spyro wouldn't be half bad.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:33 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i don't think there will be a eeveelution in the 5th gen.

Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:07 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Well, back in advance, i thought that they were only gonna make one more eeveelution, coz there was only one stat to make 130 left (defence), and that would be the grass eevee everyone was waiting for. But no, they made glaceon as well. So I doubt they're gonna stop at dragon just because its the only one of the original special types left. A poison type eevee is very likely, to fit with the status effects, and they might make a flying type eevee to advertise as the "first pure flying". I wouldn't be too surprised if they made a legendary eevee that was Dragon/Normal or something.

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature.

Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:55 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I don't really want to see another Eeveelution, it's pretty stupid at this point.

I think, if they do another Eeveelution it should be Dragon (finish the special types) or Normal, just so Eevee can have a "natural" evolution.

Also, they should have all be stone evolutions, I mean is this so hard?
Flareon-Fire Stone
Vaporeon-Water Stone
Jolteon-Thunder Stone
Espeon-Sun Stone
Umbreon-Moon Stone
Leafeon-Leaf Stone
Glaceon-??? Ice Stone? You can always make that in the next Gen!

Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:27 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next