It is currently Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 In what region will Black & White be? 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

As most of you probably already know, the regions in Pokemon are based off real regions of Japan, so where do you think (or hope) Black and White will be?

For reference:

Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:04 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

In my opinion, it should include all of them. :P

Seriously though, it should either link Hoenn/Orre or located in between Kanto/Sinnoh. The games seem to be more modern/industrial so that may effect the setting. Although it could just be one city that's modern.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:55 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I dont think the Orre area would work, too much wasteland to fit the picture's we've seen... most likely north of Kanto.

Edit- Wouldnt that Island chain be the Sevii islands?

Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:58 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I really wish it would be either the South of Japan or the North, connecting to either Hoenn or Sinnoh. It would be really awesome if it were that island next to Hoenn, and connected to it like Gold and Silver did to Kanto. But I doubt that. The most likely thing to me is that it will be the northern end of Japan, rotated counterclockwise.

Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:34 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

im not sure but i do think that having orre would be awesome

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:51 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Thats a cool map btw.

I think that season 5 should be throught all the areas. As though a mass outbreak of pokemon comes from a far away land (Canada, maybe? 'Go Mooseila !! Go Beavikin !!') and swarms over the four regions. then the legendaries could be found in between regions. like a special desert between Hoenn and Sinnoh with a legendary pokemon in it.

Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:21 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Hey, wow, it's been a while.
Well, we know the region will be called Isshu (at least in Japan).

I wonder if, since it's a city that's on a coast, it'll take place in the region surrouding Hiroshima?
Most of Japan's other super-industrialized areas are taken up already.

Sat May 15, 2010 11:12 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Well, it won't be Hiroshima, since that region is already covered by "orre" according to the above map.

Someone mentioned it was going to a far off land. With the pictures of the city, I wouldn't be surprised if they are going to hit the US.. NYC perhaps. It would make since, and also explain why there might be a very strong shift of different pokemon. If they are truly going to do a "re-birth"

Sun May 16, 2010 4:46 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

i dont think they will have it on any of japan. I think they will completely seperate it and have the whole design anew. And have it un-connected to any previous regions.

Sun May 16, 2010 4:55 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

That would actually make me super-happy.
COMPLETE rebirth in a new 'continent' or whatever you want to call it in the Pokemon world.

Yum.

Sun May 16, 2010 11:38 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I think the region south of orre would be neat
The areas I maked are points of interest.
1. Ganton Porta good location to put the ferry that every region has to connect orre and Isshu
2.real game tower could replace the E4 or be a new location for the battle frontier
3. Pheanac city also a small town just(y) for visiting
4. The safari zone they could make some lame excuse like say an avalanche that would prevent you from reaching johto.
5 Citadark Isle a now abandoned Hideout Perfect for some nearby evil team to set up camp
Rockets, Snagem, Heck even Aquas(Orre could use a little rain)

Mon May 17, 2010 1:16 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I also think Isshu is based on NYC, mainly because of similarities in geography and city skyline, and considering the region is supposedly far from the others.

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Mon May 17, 2010 6:21 am
Fails at life
Fails at life

I doubt that Isshu will be based on NYC, all of the other games have been in Japan and it seems that (based on the map) there's still enough room for about 2-3 more generations (including this one) sure some of the geography comes from other places (for example, in the upcoming movie there's a few different places, like Belgium) but based on screenshots, that could always be based on Tokyo...

{spinda}

Mon May 17, 2010 5:33 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Tokyo was claimed in Gen I.
Saffron/Vermillion/Celadon were basically Tokyo bay area.

I'm excited to see from where it's based.
Since the Kanto cities (Tokyo) are basically the biggest Pokemon's had to date,
I'm wondering where could be bigger...
That's what made me think Hiroshima, since it's one of the only 'metropolis' places left in Japan.
But since it's been taken by Orre...
Gah!
I'm so excited!

Mon May 17, 2010 9:44 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

I really don't think we should take too much stock in Orre's corresponding region of Japan being off-limits for future main series installments. Pokemon Colosseum was a trainwreck, and I don't think Japan has vast stretches of desert in the middle of nowhere the way that Orre does. Plopping Orre right in the middle of the area between Hoenn and Johto also makes little sense because both of those regions are known to have wild Pokemon, while Orre is mostly barren and bare when it comes to Pokemon. Plus, one of the cities in Colosseum was apparently based off Phoenix, Arizona.

In fact, Orre is placed on the map where Isshu would be most logically located. Let's face it: Gen III had RBY remakes and Gen IV had GSC remakes, so it's not out of question that Gen V will eventually have RSE remakes. Having Isshu located right next to the Hoenn region lends itself to that idea greatly.

Mon May 17, 2010 10:14 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

hmmm, what Frost said makes sense. also, if they put isshu next to hoenn, then we can have another GSC gen, where there are two regions. then, we'd have all the gens on the dses, with DPPt, HGSS, then BW/WB.... it has potential for sure. but if they did it that way, for sure we'd be saying goodbye to the pal park. but i think we all knew it was coming.

Tue May 18, 2010 1:15 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

See, now I too thought when the GC games came out that those games were based more on the US desert area. It makes sense, in that regard also. From Sat. Maps it doesn't look like there are any stretches of desert in Japan, so that also helps back up that theory.

However, there could very well be the posibility that it could be based off a land area of Japan, but not necessarily cities encompassing that area. We already know that its not like we have a very good ratio to real-life to pokemon world transfer either.

I'm still holding out the NYC thing. There are not too many coastal cities in the world that are characterised by large ports and skyscrapers.

Tue May 18, 2010 3:11 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

well, it'll only be based on the region; if it was meant to be realistic, there would be a hell of a lot more. hey, i could walk across japan in about five minutes!!! lolz
i don't think it'll be NYC, because, well, NYC doesn't have a lot of terrain. just a bunch of skyscrapers. New York, maybe. NYC, no. cuz NYC is just that: a city. not a region. (not trying to burst bubbles, but that's a flaw in the logic...)
instead, if it had to be somewhere not in japan, i would gun for more of a southern cali area (with l.a. and the surrounding farm area, plus beaches and hollywood). to me, it has to be somewhere that has it all: extreme/normal terrain, small/large cities. but then again, i'll bet i'm just reiterating others' wishes.

Tue May 18, 2010 3:39 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

rex09 wrote:
, i would gun for more of a southern cali area (with l.a. and the surrounding farm area, plus beaches and hollywood). to me, it has to be somewhere that has it all: extreme/normal terrain, small/large cities. but then again, i'll bet i'm just reiterating others' wishes.

Yay for where I live!

110 degree weather and not a single wild pokemon.

Maybe we could catch wild chicks instead??

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Tue May 18, 2010 5:39 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

If Isshu is based on the area between Hoenn and Johto, then that large canal in the center might warrent the return of the coolest HM ever: Dive. Yay for more adventures on the wide open seas!

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Tue May 18, 2010 6:04 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

I'm kinda back on the NYC idea, sure it;s not going to be the entire region, just a smaller version of NYC as a city. Based on new screenshots it does kinda look like NYC, but mixed with other areas. There was even something that kinda looked like the Golden Gate Bridge...my mind just went blank so i 4get where that is? In California? :(

Wed May 19, 2010 4:07 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

lol!!! sorry, but i guess it's kinda funnier to me since i've lived in california. it is there (the golden gate) which looks kinda like some of the stuff in the screenshots. it'd be interesting to have one city be based on nyc, but i just really have doubts about that, don't know why, though... we should have gen 6 be in antarctica!!! and there'll be one gym/e4member/champion person who only uses penguins!!! alrite, but srsly, why would they break with tradition now to move the region location now?? some of the regions have influences from the areas they're actually based on, but it's not like they have to actually make it incredibly similar... so i don't think we should base the location guesses based on cities. they're gonna have one anyway.

Wed May 19, 2010 5:18 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

well It must be on cirtain citys in the us

Mon May 24, 2010 12:44 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

holy s**t that is a big sig. might want to edit it to avoid trouble.
it could be, but that just wouldn't fit in the whole thing with how the regions work. usually there's one big city in the region, based off of a real-life one, and everything's connected in real life. so while it could be in america, i rather doubt it; believe it or not, there are bridges like that in japan (though i've seen some of them, the names and locations elude me....). there's still plenty of space in japan, so there's really little need to go to america. as of now, anyways. but you never know, i guess it's possible.

Mon May 24, 2010 1:04 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i agree they aren't going to just change the continent base after IV generations especialy when theres still space left in japan for atleat two more generations including this one and just because the region isnt based exactly on japan so what there is something called artistic liscence and wouldnt it be boring if they had based it identical to each of the areas of japan.

Mon May 24, 2010 4:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 83 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next