It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Pokemon abilities and a few other questions 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hey folks. I'm a bit out of touch as I haven't played pokemon since gold and silver the last time round!

I've realised some pokemon seem to have abilities. For example I couldn't put to sleep an enemy hoothoot as it's Insomnia prevented me.

How can I find out what abilties my pokemon comes with? As I've now heard some pokemon have one, and others have one out of a possible two. I can't see anywhere on my Pokemon description page, for example my weedle, what ability it may have?

Then a was wondering if anyone can answer these random questions.

1) Is there a few decent flying types which can learn fly. I'm a bit bored of using pidgey as I always used to, is there anything non-legendary which is a good alternative? I've had a look at some of the new pokemon, maybe crobat?

2) Now that wi-fi lets you trade with people around the world, I guess I can trade and trade back pokemon with items like metal coat, hopefully I'll find trustful folk. So anyway with that in mind is scissor a good pokemon? I've always loved it's look, but I'm terrible and figuring out base stats and what they mean...also slowking, it any good stats wise, it seems to be able to learn lots of moves!(fire types, earthquake, ice beam etc)

thanks for any help guys.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:16 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Buddy have you missed quite a bit.

For the question on abilities, the good ol' Psydex on this site will do you fine.

As for flying pokemon, I'm enticed by togetic's new egg move, and togekiss(It's evolution) is pretty decent. Crobat is an equally effective choice.

Scizor is one of the more used bug types. It's a decent pick.

And this actually belongs in the battle tower section.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:42 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

ah I thought maybe the Battle Tower sub-forum wasn't for this set of games as it says your DPP teams, which is Diamond and Pearl I believe?

I've figured out the abilities thing now, on the second page of your pokemon summary.

Togekiss!? got itself a new evolution then haha, hmm maybe then. Can't see a move with egg in the name on togetic's move list on this site though?

Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:40 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

click on breeding info in the psydex.

Black Friend Code: used in trades gmt - 06:00 central time us
Chris 1935 9949 5758
3ds Friend code:
3695-0533-8271 this one has reached 100 friends if you want a safari from me use the 2nd friend code.
2nd 3ds friend code: 1821-9478-7101
Black2 Friend Code: Chris 0519 5118 7320

Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:59 pm
Profile YIM
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

joeyboy wrote:
Can't see a move with egg in the name on togetic's move list on this site though?

Lol, egg move refers to moves inherited through breeding. They can now learn extrasensory, one of the best psychic moves.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]