Monochrommmmmmmmmme

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/bw/index.html

Ta-dah.

Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:00 pm
Profile WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

Oh you just had to get here first! >:(

White Version will be superior for obvious reasons. Unlike Diamond and Pearl, I will have no problem making this choice.

Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:03 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Unless the legendary looks awful its Black version for me.

Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:46 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I think I'll probably get Black, just because my brother and I owned the old Pokemon Trading Card game for the Game boy, and we called it "Pokemon Black" due to the cartridge color. Now, I can confuse the heck out of him, an I'll enjoy every minute of it. ^___^

Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:16 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Black and white ehh? Tough choice... it'll depend on the legendaries and the version exclusives for me. For D/P the blue giraff beat the pink dino.

Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:17 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Greatwolf67 wrote:
Black and white ehh? Tough choice... it'll depend on the legendaries and the version exclusives for me. For D/P the blue giraff beat the pink dino.

Haha, that's pretty much how I chose, too... Blue giraffes for the win! Black and white will be a hard choice for me, though. HeartGold and SoulSilver was even hard for me until I saw the exclusives...

{rapidash} {empoleon} {dialga} {jirachi} {roserade} {staraptor}

Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:37 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Going off topic a bit but Soul Silver was my choice because I had a 100 Typlosion on my Silver that was my favorite pokemon back in its time so the game was a tribute to him. Going on a limb but I figure the theme is light vs dark this time around so I'm likely to go with Black.

Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:49 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: Where Chandelure stores the souls it burns for fuel! Mwahahahaha
Personally, I am disapointed in the names for generation 5. I was expecting something awesome. And haven't we already done the Color Generation (Red, Blue, Green).
What are your thoughts on the topic.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:11 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

This is just an OUT THERE thought but maybe Zoroark is a version exclusive for black.......just a thought.

{latias} Black FC: 1463 5647 1777 {latios}

Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:11 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Red, Blue and Yellow my friend :P

anyways i was kindove disappointed too. We did do colors and they could of thought of something else, like darkness and light? but i guess they could've done worse do.

{latias} Black FC: 1463 5647 1777 {latios}

Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:15 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

You're both kinda right. Red, Blue, Green (japanese only), and Yellow. I'm not particularly disapointed, although I find it interesting that they went back to the basic colors instead of adding a special flare to it like they have been doing lately.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:33 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

If anyone has seen the YinYang symbol the titles would probably make sense to anyone. Even the logos show similarities with how the colors are inverted.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:37 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Anyone notice similarities between the logo and the YniYang symbol like I have?

Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:38 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

The names mean nothing to me.

If Micheal Jordan's name was Fonzy Buttloven, do you think it would make him any less then awesome? No, name will not hurt the quality so I am fine with black & white.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:17 pm
Profile ICQ
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

(delete) Double-Post

Last edited by Holifax on Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:22 pm
Profile ICQ
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Holifax wrote:
If Micheal Jordan's name was Fonzy Buttloven, do you think it would make him any less then awesome? No, name will not hurt the quality so I am fine with black & white.

I would be very upset if this were the case because then my local NBA team's name would be changed to the Charlotte Butts. Just doesn't have that flare to it.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:23 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I for one like the names Black and White. They're simple colors but could have multiple meanings. I also find it very retro.

PRESS IN DIRE SITUATIONS

Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:27 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

metagross4 wrote:
And haven't we already done the Color Generation (Red, Blue, Green).

x Martyr x wrote:
They're simple colors

Just going out now and saying that Black and White are not colors.

It's sounds alright to me, The legends will probably be day/night or light/dark gods. (god I hope they don't add "light" as a type.)

Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:21 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I like the new names, they seem very simple but still cool. Just because they're basic crayon box colors doesn't make them bad. White and Black are the ultimate in purity of meaning, and I was honestly getting tired of the precious minerals colors. I'm still dreading Pokemon "Coral" and "Mahogany."

Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:43 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Wow do I ever hate Nintendo right now. I can only imagine what horrible disputes will happen over these titles. Not only that, the names are horrible in my opinion. Jesus, I'm **** angry right now.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:30 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

How many times do I have to bring up the YinYang explanation to the name and have nobody reply to it Think about it. that's the most likely answer as to why the games are called Black and White. If you look at the logos themselves you could tell the black and white parts of them are inverted between the two logos, just like the YinYang symbol!

Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:10 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Holifax wrote:
The names mean nothing to me.

Like always I will be buying both.

Black & White must unite as one.

Meh..

Pretty much this...though I'm getting white first regardless of any further info...that way I don't end up making a last minute choice like I did when I decided not to get Emerald when it came out...meh...

& those of you who are dissapointed in the title names are too drawn into the blasphomy known as "Aww, basic colors again"...I see it like this...all the colors in RBG when blended all the way up make White but when they are all taken away make Black...so threw this I see some kind of weird Color Gen. tribute for some stupid reason...know what, just disregard that...I like the titles cause they indicate that there is a possibility of them using something at least simular to my day/night idea I introduced in a certain thread...can't wait til my birthday so that I can find out maybe...& like said before by another, it could be worse...way worse...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:55 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Way back when (about three years ago), I was predicting that the fifth games were going to be Copper and Platinum, a slight flash back to the Metals since I always thought they sounded better than the Gems or Jewels titles. Then they announced Platinum, so I changed my guess to Lime and Slate, followed later by Coal (keeping dear to the made-up versions that would go with my Ronac region fanfics). Looks like I was wrong again...

In any case, I've always had a heart for the dark-sided characters, and if anything Black's mascot might end up being some kind of demon or maybe even a phantom, so my first choice would definately be Black version (though, I guess it ultimately doesn't matter as I probably would get both in time). Still, the thing I hope is that they don't try and run rampant with all the legendaries again. The fourth gen had just far too many, and most of them just seemed out of place, even the ones I liked such as Shaymin, Darkrai, and Cresselia...

Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:29 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Well, I think that sense the names were given by Japanese people in Japanese (language), then maybe the words for 'Black' and 'White' are more interesting the that language than it seems to be in English.

Also, I think Zoroark would be like the Lucario of Gev IV, as said before. If there is no superior Grey/Gray (U.S. variant) version, it's black for me. I'm going to hope that this gen is compatible with the other generations past III, because I want to fill the national dex in that game.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:44 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Aphex wrote:
Well, I think that sense the names were given by Japanese people in Japanese (language), then maybe the words for 'Black' and 'White' are more interesting the that language than it seems to be in English.

Shiroi and Kuroi so really not at all more interesting than Black and White...

Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next