It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:44 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 294 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Types that need more pokemon in Gen 5 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I would like to see a Ghost/Steel type i mean a posessed armor or something how cool is that!

Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:58 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I agree with DarkTrainer about having a Ghost/Steel type with possesed armor. Maybe it could be like a knight that can have different suits of armor and a ??? attack that could change it's armor, thus changing it's appearance and making it a Ghost/(type other than Steel or Ghost) instead of a Ghost/Steel type (similar to Arceus). It could be an evolution to Lucario and bring out some interesting and rare type combinations!

Who's that Pokemon? {shuckle}
It's Ditto!
Who's that Pokemon? {charizard}

Let me guess, Ditto.

No, it's Charizard!

Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:33 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I would like more Ghosts in general. Why is it rarer than Dragon in the Pokédex? Generally, it isn't more powerful. At least give me an obviously Ghost-type legendary (Nothing about Giratina and Arceus scream "Ghosts" to me) or a pseudo-legendary.

Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:18 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

For me they should have made {charizard} a dragon/fire... but then again gamefreak didn't get {gyarados} right either. but thats my opinion. i soooooo wanna see a grass/dragon and they really need to even out fire types.

Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:28 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Maybe they could give Arceus more diversity by giving it the ability to hold two different plates at the same time. I wonder how this would affect it's moves...

Who's that Pokemon? {shuckle}
It's Ditto!
Who's that Pokemon? {charizard}

Let me guess, Ditto.

No, it's Charizard!

Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:37 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

AnimeFreak_98 wrote:
Bombardier Beetle? Hmm...dont think ive heard of it so i cant comment.

Bombardier beetles can shoot a burning chemical mixture from their abdomens. Instant Bug/Fire.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:01 am
Fails at life
Fails at life

Void wrote:
AnimeFreak_98 wrote:
Bombardier Beetle? Hmm...dont think ive heard of it so i cant comment.

Bombardier beetles can shoot a burning chemical mixture from their abdomens. Instant Bug/Fire.

Well, sounds good enough, but i still dont know what it is exaclty, but it sounds like it could be a fire type :) But, a bug/fire type, with good stats of course, makes me happy, no matter what it is :)

Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:20 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Psychic types are my forté but I can honestly say that I don't want anymore LEGENDARY psychic pokemon. Averaging 2 every generation is a bit much. That goes for overpowered Dragon pokemon as well.

Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:13 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I agree Psychic and Dragon overload the legendaries, and are too overpowered

I completed the Nuzlocke Challenge,give it a go!
FC (Rackham): 2751 3755 8475 (HG)

Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:22 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ok before I go and start mass hysteria, Im gonna try and prevent it:

I store Pokemon in the PC based on there primary type. Example- Giratina Ghost/Dragon, there for it goes in the Box labeled "GHOST".

Now thats out of the way:

First-MAKE FEWER PRIMARY WATER,WATER,AND NORMAL TYPES. Im fully aware that the reginal pokedex is gonna contain all new pokemon. I say this casue, right now in my platinum game I need 2 boxes EACH to hold my water and normal types.

Second- Different secondary type settings for Bug types would be nice, right now theres a lot of bug/flying and bug posion.

Third- Stop with the Primary Psychic legendaris, there's too many of them and not enough.......Regularly powerful Psychic types.

Fourth-MORE OF ALL THE PRIMARY TYPES. Aside from water and normal, all the other types dont even take up HALF a Box ( except BUG). This is unacceptable,and Gen V better fix this casue my PC cant handle any more water and normal types ... LITERALLY.

Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:00 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Yes new regular psychic pokemon are greatly appreciated but more legendaries is just too much. Mewtwo, Mew, Celebi, Lugia, Jirachi, Latios, Latias, Deoxys, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Cresselia, and now Victini. ENOUGH! These are clearly for noob players!

(As a monotype psychic trainer, I do NOT use any of these)

Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:26 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

[quote="(As a monotype psychic trainer, I do NOT use any of these)[/quote]

So i guess that means you donr use Gallade,Slowbro,SlowKing.......

And to add to my types that need more, there are a few typesets id like to see:

grass/dragon,ice/dragon,bug/dragon,steel/dragon,ghost/dragon.... Well to keep it short- More dragons....RAYQUAZA RULES!!!

Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:54 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

yeah, i agree too many psychic type legendaries. Uxie/Azelf/Mesprit all kinda suck. Cresselia too. Mewtwo...see him too much, easily obtainable, awesome in the movie, not so in the games...Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Latios, Latias, Deoxys and Lugia are all ok.
I like Mew, Jirachi and Celebi because they're small, cute and Mew can learn anything. Not the best battle wise though. Latios and Latias are both cool, again not the best but still good, and Deoxys and Lugia...Lugia's just cool and Deoxys is...well i dunno but i like it :) Also those are all not as easily obtained...besides Lugia, so i like them more because i dont see them as much and except for hacks, dont really get them. Im not saying anything about Bikutini since hes 5th gen. and nobody has him yet...besides Gamefreak, but they dont count, but anyways, i like Bikutini so far.

Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:08 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I was going to reply to Anime Freak, but I disagree with most of it so I'll leave it at that.
Instead...

GofD wrote:
ghost/dragon

{giratina} =) However...

GofD wrote:
grass/dragon,ice/dragon,bug/dragon,steel/dragon,ghost/dragon....

...yes, I agree with your point. I LOVE seeing Dragon combinations.

Sabrina wrote:
These are clearly for noob players!

THANK YOU! I'm glad I'm not the only one who lets out a heavy *SIGH* when someone says "I love Mewtwo I trained him to lv100!!!1!"

Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:27 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

GofD wrote:
I store Pokemon in the PC based on there primary type. Example- Giratina Ghost/Dragon, there for it goes in the Box labeled "GHOST".

Fourth-MORE OF ALL THE PRIMARY TYPES. Aside from water and normal, all the other types dont even take up HALF a Box ( except BUG). This is unacceptable,and Gen V better fix this casue my PC cant handle any more water and normal types ... LITERALLY.

I do the same thing, and I completely agree, its a pain in the ass

Quote:
grass/dragon,ice/dragon,bug/dragon,steel/dragon,ghost/dragon.... Well to keep it short- More dragons....RAYQUAZA RULES!!!

I'd like to see more variety of types for non-legendary dragons, we've only had 3 different typings

Okay, so I'm gonna try and not sound angry here, because, well I'm not. Just keep in mind that I'm only expressing a difference of opinion, so don't take any of this the wrong way

Quote:
awesome in the movie, not so in the games

Are you kidding? Imo, I don't like to use Mewtwo because he's kinda boring, but he is a complete beast, virtually anything coming off that huge SP ATK will just tear through almost everything that doesn't resist it.

Quote:
Mew can learn anything. Not the best battle wise though

How is that a logical continuation of thought? Mew can learn any 2x stat raising move and use that to sweep or baton pass, making him/her very good in battle, when you combine that with his/her stats. Mew really shouldn't be so underestimated.

Quote:
Uxie/Azelf/Mesprit all kinda suck.

Azelf? Why does he suck? I mean, I completely agree with the other two, but Azelf? Really, man you should know better...

Quote:
Latios and Latias are both cool, again not the best but still good

Again, I'd just like to point out that, with Soul Dew, Latios has the highest Special Attack in the game, so... maybe not the very best in actual battling, but how much have you been on the end of a soul-dew STAB Draco Meteor? Its not a pretty sight

Okay I'm done sounding like a douche (I hope...)

Also, lastly;

Quote:

Yeah, in game, but bear in mind that playing in a like-for-like Uber/legendary match takes a lot of skill

Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:46 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I get the Bug-type love, but grass types need equal, if not more, attention. Good Grass types are limited to the starters {venusaur} {meganium} {sceptile} {torterra} and a few others {roserade} . But even then they are difficult to use NO thanks to the multiple weaknesses they have.

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:17 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Spoinkable wrote:

GofD wrote:
ghost/dragon

{giratina} =) However...

Im refering to one that is not a Legendary.

Anyways....since dragons are my favorite, and ive already covered them, ill move on to my next favorities, STEEL and FIRE.

In the STEEL catagory Id like to see:

Another steel/flying- I like to combo, just not the fact that there's only one with this typing.
Steel/Ghost- Im actually interesed in seeing how this would work out....
Steel/electric- Psuedo legendary anyone?
Steel/pshycic- Why not?

In Fire Id like to see:

Fire/steel- Yes, i know we have heatran, i just want another one.
Fire/Ice- I really dont know why we dont have on yet.
Fire/Ghost- I just see this as a perfect combo.
Fire/flying- All we got is Moltres and Ho-Oh. How about one that isn't a legendary.

Also, What's wrong with lvling legendaries to LVL 100? Ive got 5, and I dont even use em that much, except for Rayquaza, whose always in my party.

Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:33 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

how about steel, (too lazy to read the first 10 pages, so if already suggested, oh well), theres about about 2 each gen, magnemite, steelix, magneton, skarmory

Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:54 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

GofD wrote:
Steel/pshycic- Why not?Metagross?

In Fire Id like to see:

Fire/flying- All we got is Moltres and Ho-Oh. How about one that isn't a legendary. Charizard?

Also, What's wrong with lvling legendaries to LVL 100? Ive got 5, and I dont even use em that much, except for Rayquaza, whose always in my party.

Yeah, I love fire types (In fact, its my favourite type), although I think they're let down by weaknesses to their weaknesses to the most common attacking types (and Stealth Rock). Because of this, I'd love to see a Dragon/Fire Pseudo-Legendary and I think a Fire/Ghost would be BA (especially with something like Magic Guard), and maybe, at a stretch, a Fire/Grass or Water.

Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:20 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

They should make a more accessible Ghost-type. There is no reason why all of our Ghosts have to be inaccessible at the start- they're not nearly as powerful as most Dragons. Considering that we have it pure and with Electric, Bug, Poison, Ice, Dragon, Flying, and Dark, we should be able to have at least one pairing with Fire, Grass, Water, Psychic, Steel, Normal, Rock, Ground, or Fighting. Plus, it has less Pokémon than any other type.

Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:14 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

InstantBacon wrote:
GofD wrote:
Steel/pshycic- Why not?Metagross?

In Fire Id like to see:

Fire/flying- All we got is Moltres and Ho-Oh. How about one that isn't a legendary. Charizard?

Yeah, I love fire types (In fact, its my favourite type), although I think they're let down by weaknesses to their weaknesses to the most common attacking types (and Stealth Rock). Because of this, I'd love to see a Dragon/Fire Pseudo-Legendary and I think a Fire/Ghost would be BA (especially with something like Magic Guard), and maybe, at a stretch, a Fire/Grass or Water.

Err i forgot about charizard and metagross. Ok how about this:
More fire/flying types that arent legendary OR a starter, and how about Steel/poison?

Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:41 am
Fails at life
Fails at life

InstantBacon wrote:
Okay, so I'm gonna try and not sound angry here, because, well I'm not. Just keep in mind that I'm only expressing a difference of opinion, so don't take any of this the wrong way

Quote:
awesome in the movie, not so in the games

Are you kidding? Imo, I don't like to use Mewtwo because he's kinda boring, but he is a complete beast, virtually anything coming off that huge SP ATK will just tear through almost everything that doesn't resist it.

Quote:
Mew can learn anything. Not the best battle wise though

How is that a logical continuation of thought? Mew can learn any 2x stat raising move and use that to sweep or baton pass, making him/her very good in battle, when you combine that with his/her stats. Mew really shouldn't be so underestimated.

Quote:
Uxie/Azelf/Mesprit all kinda suck.

Azelf? Why does he suck? I mean, I completely agree with the other two, but Azelf? Really, man you should know better...

Quote:
Latios and Latias are both cool, again not the best but still good

Again, I'd just like to point out that, with Soul Dew, Latios has the highest Special Attack in the game, so... maybe not the very best in actual battling, but how much have you been on the end of a soul-dew STAB Draco Meteor? Its not a pretty sight

Okay I'm done sounding like a douche (I hope...)

Also, lastly;

Quote:

Yeah, in game, but bear in mind that playing in a like-for-like Uber/legendary match takes a lot of skill

1 I just mean u see him too much, he gets boring, blablabla
2 Well i do think mew is good, but without all his stats raised a lot by moves and crap hes not the best, good but not the best
3 Azelf is better than the other two but hes still not that great, in my opinion
4 And i also mean without items and crap, and ive NEVER fought another trainer with them

Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:57 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Yeah, I see what you mean Animefreak98, fair points.

And the only problem with Fire/Flying is it is destroyed by the abundance of Stealth Rock and Stone Edge/Rock Throw, which appear on virtually all physical movesets

Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:24 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Lawence Codye wrote:
Good Topic, Blaziken_is_Kool...& the type/type combos I think should get more attention 5th Gen are;

1. Electric = It's already been stated above & I will also add that I want this cause I only like Luxray & Raichu ...I need more Electric Type pokemon I will actually think is cool... I agree completely
2. Steel = Just not enough of them, period...even with the 4th Gen factored in... a few more would be nice but don't over do it
3. Fire = Already been stated above & I also will add that there isn't enough plain Fire Types... I don't use fire so i would not know
4. Dragon = Just cause they simply don't do enough variety for this type & Kingdra was battle wise a bad, bad idea... strongly disagree about kingdra
5. Ice = Even after the 3rd Gen bloom of Ice Type pokemon, there are just not enough interesting Ice Types for me...& it's my favorite type... why add ice types ice has far too many weaknesses
6. Grass = Cause there is simply not enough good ones to choose from that aren't Starter Pokemon...that = lame... grass/flying water/grass
7. Poison = Not many interesting plain Poison Type pokemon...& want to see Eevee evolve into pokemon of this type...more pure poison types please and don''t try combine=ing it with any thing else that you havent
8. Ghost = Not many useful Ghost Type pokemon & there needs to be something to replace Gengar due to it's typing... I think there are plenty of ghosts out there that are cool but maybe a few more would work
9. Dark = same reason as stated for the Steel Type...
10. Electric/Flying = so much potiential here & there is only 1 of them...I see 1 already there maybe 1 or 2 more
11. Fire/Flying = same as Electric/Flying... but there are not as many ideas out there that have not already been used
12. Water/Grass = love the typing & there are so many ideas that could go to this typing... true
13. Water/Bug = would love to see some kind of water spider... I agree
14. Ice/Flying what can you really do with that
15. Dark/Flying = very nice Type Combo, would love to see more same thing here but what would fit?
16. Dark/Ghost = there is only 2 & if they even made those 2, they can make more... only a couple more we don't want to break the game now do we?
17. Fighting/Psychic = haven't thought of anything that actually looks good yet, maybe make another one to fix this I hope...
18. Rock/Flying = Aerodactyl needs some friends already...need more of this Type Combo is what I mean...
19. Rock/Dark = It's a good Type Combo (Bull crap) It has five weaknesses and few resistances what is so good about the type 4 methinks

20. A rock/ghost Sarcophogus or stone tablet and psychic/ghost a ghost that sees the future and past are very do-able
21 add more grass/flying please
22. WAter = please very few more we have enough as it is
23 Dark/psychic it may seem like a contradiction but it makes sense to me something that always manipulates thoughts to get it's way
24. a ground/steel makes some sense and so does a dark/steel I'm thinking a sand turtle for ground steel and an evil robot for dark steel
25. a decent bug/ground termites anyone grass/dragon the mythical wurm/wyrm or bug electric would go well already been brought to attention
26. a ground or rock fighting would also work well
That's all i've got

Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:13 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

Aquadude wrote:
20. A rock/ghost Sarcophogus or stone tablet and psychic/ghost a ghost that sees the future and past are very do-able
21 add more grass/flying please
22. WAter = please very few more we have enough as it is
23 Dark/psychic it may seem like a contradiction but it makes sense to me something that always manipulates thoughts to get it's way
24. a ground/steel makes some sense and so does a dark/steel I'm thinking a sand turtle for ground steel and an evil robot for dark steel
25. a decent bug/ground termites anyone grass/dragon the mythical wurm/wyrm or bug electric would go well already been brought to attention
26. a ground or rock fighting would also work well
That's all i've got

20: Sarcophagus? Hmm...just what makes me think there is a sarcophagus pokemon? Oh i know! its in 5th gen! Didnt mean to sound Mean if i did.
24: Ground/Steel=Steelix!

Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:20 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 294 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next