It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:14 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 294 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
 Types that need more pokemon in Gen 5 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Personally I think the Ghost type warrants a few new members in the collective family. Maybe Ghost/Fire or Ghost/Water.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:26 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Yeah Ghost/fire, as I think was mentioned before, would be great. But I have to disagree with Ghost/water. First of all, water has to many pokemon already. And a Ghost/Water pokemon will probably be designed to be "OMG COOL" and look like Sharpedo2. Ofcoarse they could make it look kool but gamefreak might just try to make it look scary, but it will just be lame.

How about a Ghost/Grass. I don't think there is one... It could be a dead plant........maybe?

{latias} Black FC: 1463 5647 1777 {latios}

Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:27 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Blaziken_is_Kool wrote:

How about a Ghost/Grass. I don't think there is one... It could be a dead plant........maybe?

I summon pumpking the king of the ghosts!

But,putting that aside, it would be awesome.

And about the ghost water, there countless legends of ghosts of the sea.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushin22
Watch,Comment,Rate and Enjoy! ^_^x

*Currently BUSY with real life,so i might take a while to respond messages or RMTs... Sorry,I might be back someday...*

Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:50 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

i'd love for black and white to start with an eectric or dragon type and you could catch grass,fire and water types early on now wouldnt it have been cool to start with pikachu catch bulbasaur in the forest get a rod and fish for squirtle and run like mad in mt. moon for charmander it would be great

dragon ice and fire need the most resurecting to me if you could get voltorb and electabuzz early on you wouldn't need more electric types think of a fire version of shinx but if you look at the grass pokemon there arn't that many great attacks that do damage and that needs to be rectified

Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:38 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i think they should put an ice somewhere in the beginnig
i would also like to see a pure dragon many people agree just not making it too powerful...

Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:11 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

For ghost types, there could be a neat link with the 5 chinese elements
Ghost/Fire
Ghost/Water
Ghost/Earth
Ghost/Flying
Ghost/Steel

Ice and Electric are two of those types that doesn't mesh well with many others, but Fighting seems like it could have TONS of neat combinations. Quite frankly, there is no reason why a lot of these combinations haven't happened except for laziness on the part of the Pokemon company.

Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:57 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
I really want that Ice/Rock type & I want it to be a fossil pokemon or one that you met early on in the game...I also have seen Elementals in FFXII & they are a pain to deal with...maybe pokemon could utilize elementals in some way or some better way...whatever...I say introduce am Ice/Dragon, Ice/Fire, Ice/Poison, Ghost/Fighting, Ghost/Fire, Ghost/Water, Ghost/Steel (I know, outrageous but still)...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:28 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I have always wanted a Bug/Fire Bombardier Beetle Pokemon

"Bombug"
Attacks: Ember, String shot
||
/
"Bompupa"
Attacks: Harden, Self Destruct
||
/
"Bombardos"
Attacks: Ember, Tail Glow, Signal Beam, Flamethrower, Explosion, (Other Special/Status Bug and Fire attacks etc)

Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:19 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

The D.A.R wrote:

I suggested a fire ant earlier, but I like this better by far.

Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:07 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

I like the Bombardant Beetle idea & the Fire Ant idea...I also would like though if they made a huge let's say...Heracross sized Moth that releases Pyro like pollen into the air & it will obviously be able to learn Heat Wave which will demonstrate(spelling?) the Pyro like pollen I speak of...it will evolve in a similar manner to Wurmple evolving all the way into Dustox...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Last edited by Lawence Codye on Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:14 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Void wrote:
The D.A.R wrote:

I suggested a fire ant earlier, but I like this better by far.

Lawence Codye wrote:
I like the Bombardant Beetle idea & the Fire Ant idea...I also would like though if they made a huge let's say...Heracross sized Moth that releases Pyro like pollen into the air & it will obviously be able to learn Heat Wave which will demistrate(spelling?) the Pyro like pollen I speak of...it will evolve in a simular manner to Wurmple evolving all the way into Dustox...

I vote on all three!!!

Also, Lawence...
demonstrate, and similar
=)

Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:24 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Quote:
I like the Bombardant Beetle idea & the Fire Ant idea...I also would like though if they made a huge let's say...Heracross sized Moth that releases Pyro like pollen into the air & it will obviously be able to learn Heat Wave which will demistrate(spelling?) the Pyro like pollen I speak of...it will evolve in a simular manner to Wurmple evolving all the way into Dustox...

I really like your idea except for the evolving part. personally i really disliked the way wrumple evolved because i would have a female wrumple with a +SA nature and it would always evolve into cascoon instead of a silcoon......but that is just me.

So it seems a lot of people would like to see more BETTER bug pokemon and ghost pokemon. I think catching ghosts earlier in the game would be great too. in pokemon pearl you could get a misdreaveus in the forest and in platinum you could get a gastly/rotom in the mansion place. but more ghost pokemon would be good in the beggining.

Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:21 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

@ Spoinkable = Yeah, I changed them both thanks...

@ Blaziken_is_Kool = I just meant similar in the sense that it turns into a cocoon & then into a butterfly or moth in this case...that's all, not that stupid random pokemon for you & yeah, you gotta except it crap...the hell were they thinking when they did that anyway?...it will always evolve into the same 1 pokemon & then into the same 1 final evolution stage pokemon & it's basic form is not wurmple...

& yes, Ghost are really helpful in the beginning, especially {misdreavus} & I guess Rotom...

Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:59 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I LOVE having Ghost moves accessible early on, because they have fun strategies that are totally not found until 5th Gym.
Spite, Curse, Hypnosis, Confuse Ray; stuff like that. <3

Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:17 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I really think there should be more dragon types and how bout an ice/dragon it would pretty much destroy teams, dont u think?

Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:59 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Curse is Not a Ghost type move, It is the mysterious ??? Type, aka the Typeless Type
This type has also been given to shadow moves from XD Gale of darkness
there is also an ??? type form arceus However it has yet to exist. And as I found out some were further back in this forum That pokemon can become typeless IE a pure flying kecleon that snatchs roost.

Quote:
I really think there should be more dragon types and how bout an ice/dragon it would pretty much destroy teams, dont u think?

Not really but it would be cool.
An Ice dragon would still be weak to Fighting, Rock, Steel and dragon attacks

Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:04 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

@ Lawence Codye - i see what you meant, and yeah that seems like a good idea.

Ice/Dragon could be interesting it is was performed well. i think it would have to be a more Sp.atk based attacker. i guess it could be an attack-based attacker but i think sp.atk would be better.

Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:19 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Gen V definately needs more;

Fire,
Electric,
Ghost,
Ice,
Dragon,
Dark,
Steel,
Psychic.

Fire/Electric/Steel should be available earlier in the game aswell for sure.
If they make any more water types apart from the starter, I will actually go insane. I can't cope with any more of the things!!!!!!

Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:47 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Spoinkable wrote:
I LOVE having Ghost moves accessible early on, because they have fun strategies that are totally not found until 5th Gym.
Spite, Curse, Hypnosis, Confuse Ray; stuff like that. <3

I agree, Ghost moves are among the moves that I have the most fun with as far as stradegy is concerned...

/vXv\ wrote:
Curse is Not a Ghost type move, It is the mysterious ??? Type, aka the Typeless Type

I would assume that he meant moves that Ghost Type pokemon have but then again he would have remembered the move Pain Split, which I love to use...

SHOOTER wrote:

I absolutely would enjoy & actually use a Dragon Type pokemon if the other type was the Ice Type...ahh...I want this typing very bad come Gen V...

Blaziken_is_Kool wrote:

Ice/Dragon could be interesting it is was performed well. i think it would have to be a more Sp.atk based attacker. i guess it could be an attack-based attacker but i think sp.atk would be better.

Thanks & Yes it must be a Special Attacker mainly due to there pretty much being no Physical Ice Type attacks for ****...

Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:40 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

AEP: Master Trainer wrote:
Bug: Bug/Dark, Bug/Dragon, Bug/Electric, Bug/Fire, Bug/Ice, Bug/Normal, Bug/Psychic (7)
Dark: Dark/Bug, Dark/Dragon, Dark/Electric, Dark/Fighting, Dark/Ground, Dark/Normal, Dark/Psychic, Dark/Steel (8)
Dragon: Dragon/Bug, Dragon/Dark, Dragon/Electric, Dragon/Fighting, Dragon/Fire, Dragon/Grass, Dragon/Ice, Dragon/Normal, Dragon/Poison, Dragon/Rock (10)
Electric: Electric/Bug, Electric/Dark, Electric/Dragon, Electric/Fighting, Electric/Fire, Electric/Grass, Electric/Ground, Electric/Ice, Electric/Normal, Electric/Poison, Electric/Psychic, Electric/Rock (12)
Fighting: Fighting/Dark, Fighting/Dragon, Fighting/Electric, Fighting/Flying, Fighting/Ghost, Fighting/Ground, Fighting/Ice, Fighting/Normal, Fighting/Rock (9)
Fire: Fire/Bug, Fire/Dragon, Fire/Electric, Fire/Ghost, Fire/Grass, Fire/Ice, Fire/Normal, Fire/Poison, Fire/Psychic, Fire/Water
Flying: Fighting/Flying (or just Flying) (1)
Ghost: Ghost/Fighting, Ghost/Fire, Ghost/Grass, Ghost/Ground, Ghost/Normal, Ghost/Psychic, Ghost/Rock, Ghost/Steel, Ghost/Water (9)
Grass: Grass/Dragon, Grass/Electric, Grass/Fire, Grass/Ghost, Grass/Normal, Grass/Steel (6)
Ground: Ground/Dark, Ground/Electric, Ground/Fighting, Ground/Ghost, Ground/Normal (5)
Ice: Ice/Bug, Ice/Dragon, Ice/Electric, Ice/Fighting, Ice/Fire, Ice/Normal, Ice/Poison, Ice/Rock, Ice/Steel (9)
Normal: Normal/Bug, Normal/Dark, Normal/Dragon, Normal/Electric, Normal/Fighting, Normal/Fire, Normal/Ghost, Normal/Grass, Normal/Ground, Normal/Ice, Normal/Poison, Normal/Rock, Normal/Steel (13)
Poison: Poison/Dragon, Poison/Electric, Poison/Fire, Poison/Ice, Poison/Normal, Poison/Psychic, Poison/Rock, Poison/Steel (8)
Psychic: Psychic/Bug, Psychic/Dark, Psychic/Electric, Psychic/Fire, Psychic/Ghost, Psychic/Poison (6)
Rock: Rock/Dragon, Rock/Electric, Rock/Fighting, Rock/Ghost, Rock/Ice, Rock/Normal, Rock/Poison (7)
Steel: Steel/Dark, Steel/Ghost, Steel/Grass, Steel/Ice, Steel/Normal, Steel/Poison (6)
Water: Water/Fire, Water/Ghost (2)

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I would LOVE to have all the type hybrids. As to which specific types could exist, I would recommend some of the following:

1) a pure Flying type, if only one that isn't just by effect.
2) Ghosts/Fires/Electrics available early on and maybe a not-so-uber Dragon type so I don't have to wait until eternity.
3) Better stat Bugs and better balanced Grass types.
4) HYBRIDS, BABY!!!

I don't know, I'll probably change my mind again, but these are some thoughts...

AEPMT :mrgreen: ;) 8-)

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge

Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:26 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I agree that there should be a non-Uber Dragon.
Maybe the Dragon/Ice idea could be one?
Its stats would be Uber, but its super-common weaknesses would knock it down a peg.
K, nevermind.
I wouldn't want them to screw up such cool possible ideas that could come from Dragon/Ice typing by making it weak.

Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:39 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Spoinkable wrote:
I agree that there should be a non-Uber Dragon.
Maybe the Dragon/Ice idea could be one?
Its stats would be Uber, but its super-common weaknesses would knock it down a peg.
K, nevermind.
I wouldn't want them to screw up such cool possible ideas that could come from Dragon/Ice typing by making it weak.

Yeah...not the Dragon/Ice pokemon...maybe another one though...like a Dragon/Dark Type or a Dragon/Rock Ty - I don't know...

Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:03 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

You know I made a list of new pokemon that filled every type combo that hasn't been done yet
here just a few examples
Normal/(Grass, Ground, Ice) Rabbit pokemon (yes I know there are all ready some rabbits but hear me out
evolves like burmy, execpt snow, sand and grass
Water/Bug 2 ideas, Wormadam(shellcloak) only if it evolves on specific beaches in new region, paras Evolved form that has slowbro shell instead of mushroom (needs to hold slowpoketail)
Dragon/Rock Gargoyle
Dragon/Poison Komodo lizard
Grass/Fire - sunflora evolved form
Normal/Dragon - dunsparce evolved form
Electric/bug - computer bug/virus

Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:08 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Blaziken_is_Kool wrote:

I agree and with it a SP. Atk based it would be able to cover its weaknesses a hole lot better.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:58 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

/vXv\ wrote:
You know I made a list of new pokemon that filled every type combo that hasn't been done yet
here just a few examples
Normal/(Grass, Ground, Ice) Rabbit pokemon (yes I know there are all ready some rabbits but hear me out
evolves like burmy, execpt snow, sand and grass
Water/Bug 2 ideas, Wormadam(shellcloak) only if it evolves on specific beaches in new region, paras Evolved form that has slowbro shell instead of mushroom (needs to hold slowpoketail)
Dragon/Rock Gargoyle
Dragon/Poison Komodo lizard
Grass/Fire - sunflora evolved form
Normal/Dragon - dunsparce evolved form
Electric/bug - computer bug/virus

Don't care if the species has been done already, more of them are welcome so I will hear you out /vXv\...there is Beautifly & Butterfree so dammit there should be duplicates of other species as well...I want another Squirrel & another Moth as the 2 moths already in existance & Pachirisu isn't cutting it for me...I want a huge monsterous squirrel as well so there will be Pachirisu the cute one & the other one which will be hopefully a powerful Normal type pokemon with no other typing though a second type wouldn't hurt I guess...oh & it will be a 2nd Stage Evolution pokemon...yeah...& yes Wormadam really needs more versions of itself which I was hoping like with Gastrodon would be covered in HGSS but I guess not...

SHOOTER wrote:
I agree and with it a SP. Atk based it would be able to cover its weaknesses a hole lot better.

Yeah...exactly...

Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:07 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 294 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next