It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 New Pokemon Types....Again!? 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Too me, adding a type would probably get a bit redundant i.e.:
lava- very close too fire
light- close to pschic

Although, they might be able to get away with sound and cosmic

FC:
5414 2352 1981 (Soul Silver)
4642 7245 1078 (White 2)

Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:05 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Light can't be close to Psychic, it weakened by Bug where as Light really isn't lol...but I get your point...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:09 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:
Light can't be close to Psychic, it weakened by Bug where as Light really isn't lol...but I get your point...

If you really think about it, Psychic shouldn't be weak to Bug, either.
Nor should Flying be weak to Electric.
Nor should Dark be weak to Fighting. ...Or Bug, lol.
I'm sure you catch my drift. =)

elementotrl wrote:
Although, they might be able to get away with sound and cosmic

Sound is so interesting!
I never thought of it as being a type, but they do have a few Pokemon that could take it on as a type,
and plenty of moves.
To quote Professor Rowan, Hm!

Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:13 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Spoinkable wrote:
Nor should Flying be weak to Electric.

I just want to say one thing from the realistic standpoint.

Why do birds avoid power lines? Because they get fried if they hit them! Makes perfect sense to me...

Any other types would be pushing, IMO. They've already got enough balance issues (be it numbers, type effectiveness, hybrids) that we shouldn't be proposing types that are merely subsets (if thought about the right way) of types we already have...

Not that I'm going to harp on creativity, but it just doesn't need to be expanded on that much. The real reason for adding those types in Gen II was to help balance out the spectrum. Why has that type chart lasted three gens if they were truly interested in making new ones?

Food for thought.

AEPMT :mrgreen: ;)

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge

Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:44 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

the wood type

weakness
fire
fighting

resistance
grass
water
dragon

not affected
bug
poision

super affective against
dragon

gives another type to beat dragons by bonsly sudowoodo combee vespiquen wood be wood types combee and vespiquen would drop bug for wood

rubber

weaknesses
fire
ground
psychic

resistance
grass
poision
bug

unaffected
electric
fighting
steel

mr mime ekans arbok mime jr would be rubber type

Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:33 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Light is close to psychic, thanks to mirror coat, luster purge, light screen and reflect, among others.

Birds don't automatically/intrinsically avoid power lines. I've seen a lot roost on lines. It's just because their altitude makes them all the more vulnerable to lightning.

Psychic may be weak against bug because I doubt many can concentrate with bugs creeping on them. Or perhaps it is because bugs communicate on different forms (i.e., pheromones, sounds/singing, etc), and rely less on their brains (or just uses theirs differently).

Dark is weak to fighting because it has been hinted many times (esp. on Brawly's gym), that fighting in the dark increases your courage. Also because the dark type avoids the rules, whereas the fighting is by clean and straight-forward combat.

If we really want to do these things, why then do rocks hit ghost whereas punches go through them? Why are grass pokemon weak against bug when, from their pokedex entries, most eat bugs for lunch? Water is a conductor of electricity, and is weak against it. Steel is a conductor of heat and is weak against fire. So why the hell is steel not weak to electric?

@Spoinkable - I've suggested Sound type at the front page. You missed that?

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:45 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

AceTrainer wrote:
@Spoinkable - I've suggested Sound type at the front page. You missed that?

I must have. My apologies.
I now redirect credit where credit is due.

Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:01 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

So I totally went and made a theoretical Ancient pokemon (from the ideas of my post earlier)

by the way, the 3 rings on the bottom of him were supposed to be rings! Don't misinterpret them as 6 arms/legs. They were supposed to look more like rings similar to the tube on Buizel {buizel} ... its just that I messed up on the illustration a bit.

Does it look familiar to another pokemon to you? Thats cause it is related to Gastly!

Image Image

Basic theory behind this is that gastly, haunter, and gengar all were something before they became ghosts... an ancient pokemon. Whether the causes were natural or perhaps an evil group of people poisoned them to become their current form.

He's Ancient type and possibly poison, maybe just normal/ancient.

I've drawn sketches for haunter and gengar ancients as well.

Gastly's ancient is called Doply.

Why you ask?

Here's the evolution chain, and it all makes sense at the end...

Doply ---> Dopple ---> Dopplegengar

Yes dopplegengar is intentionally spelled incorrectly ;)

Gengar the original was originally based off the word doppelganger.

______

Aight so what you guys think? Should I make sprites for the other two?

Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:04 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

AceTrainer wrote:
Light is close to psychic, thanks to mirror coat, luster purge, light screen and reflect, among others.

*sign*...but besides from that they don't have anything in common so...no...I though of that before I said they weren't close to each other but...whatever...

& no, no...having Vespiquen become a Wood Type dropping it's Bug Type is killing the idea of it being part Queen Bee & part Bee Hive...& Combee is even worse cause it's clearly a take on a Worker Bee...just saying...other then this I'm 50% on the weakness for the Dragon Type thing but I can deal with everything else 100%...

& in my opinion these are the type matchups I have problems with;

1. As previously stated = Rock Type hitting the Ghost Type - doesn't make any logical sense...

2. Ghost Type not having resistance to Psychic Type - I don't mind that it hits them but I would expect Ghost to be able to have more of an advantage against Psychic Types rather then just taking attacks from them normally...meh...

3. Ice Type not doing much damage to the Water Type - This is kind of stupid mainly considering that it isn't the case the other way around so...

4. Grass Type, Flying Type & Water Type(as previously stated) attacks doing normal damage to the Ice Type - this is rediculous...I don't really mind Grass so much as they have it really bad & could use this but then there is the other 2...no aspect of the Flying Type should do much to the Ice Type & do I need to explain the Water Type...fine, Water & Ice is basically the same substance at different temperatures so Ice should be able to take Water as well as Water can take Ice...heck in my opinion they should be immune to each other but that would be too much so...no...

5. Grass Type not having Resistances to the Rock Type - I get this one but with all the other weaknesses the Grass Type has it needs more resistances imo so...meh...

6. Lastly, hmm...Water not being super effective against Electric considering Water conducts Electricity & via multiple non-Pokemon examples, Electric Elemental people prove to be actually drained of their powers when subdued under Water...even if not all the way...Static Shock is one good example...I don't really mind the Water Type being weakened by the Electric Type as it only has 1 weakness otherwise which would suck considering all the Water Types that keep popping up lol...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:04 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

OK so I went ahead and made the ancient of Haunter...

Doppel!

Here is Haunter for comparison.

I'll do Gengar some other time.

Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:20 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:
1. As previously stated = Rock Type hitting the Ghost Type - doesn't make any logical sense...

2. Ghost Type not having resistance to Psychic Type - I don't mind that it hits them but I would expect Ghost to be able to have more of an advantage against Psychic Types rather then just taking attacks from them normally...meh...

3. Ice Type not doing much damage to the Water Type - This is kind of stupid mainly considering that it isn't the case the other way around so...

4. Grass Type, Flying Type & Water Type(as previously stated) attacks doing normal damage to the Ice Type - this is rediculous...I don't really mind Grass so much as they have it really bad & could use this but then there is the other 2...no aspect of the Flying Type should do much to the Ice Type & do I need to explain the Water Type...fine, Water & Ice is basically the same substance at different temperatures so Ice should be able to take Water as well as Water can take Ice...heck in my opinion they should be immune to each other but that would be too much so...no...

5. Grass Type not having Resistances to the Rock Type - I get this one but with all the other weaknesses the Grass Type has it needs more resistances imo so...meh...

6. Lastly, hmm...Water not being super effective against Electric considering Water conducts Electricity & via multiple non-Pokemon examples, Electric Elemental people prove to be actually drained of their powers when subdued under Water...even if not all the way...Static Shock is one good example...I don't really mind the Water Type being weakened by the Electric Type as it only has 1 weakness otherwise which would suck considering all the Water Types that keep popping up lol...

1. Agreed. However, if we were to change this, wouldn't we essentially have to make Ghost-types immune to most if not all physical moves?
Just food for thought.

2. I think they covered this loose end with the Dark-type. I can understand the logic that Ghosts should also be resistant to Psychics,
but in Gen II, not only did they start introducing Ghost(s) that weren't weak to Psychic, but they gave us Dark, which was immune.

3. Agreed 100%. Water melts ice, but ice also is frozen water. I think they should have weaknesses to each other.

4. My opinion on this matter is the same as 3.

5. I think Grass should be resistant/immune to Ground. Think about it.
There's an Earthquake; people, animals, mountains all die/crumble, but plants are generally unaffected.
Trees are affected, but that's it, and our Tree Pokemon is a Rock-type so he's weak to Ground anyway.

6. Honestly, I think they were fine with Water being weak to Electric. Think, Squirtle uses Water Gun against Shinx.
When that Water Gun comes in contact, Shinx will charge it up and fry Squirtle.
I think this is the logic they were going with. Though yours does make as much sense, they would have to have chosen one or the other.

Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:20 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'd say make the Ghost immunity apply to all physical types or none at all. Logic calls me so.

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:38 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Spoinkable wrote:
1. Agreed. However, if we were to change this, wouldn't we essentially have to make Ghost-types immune to most if not all physical moves?
Just food for thought.

2. I think they covered this loose end with the Dark-type. I can understand the logic that Ghosts should also be resistant to Psychics,
but in Gen II, not only did they start introducing Ghost(s) that weren't weak to Psychic, but they gave us Dark, which was immune.

3. Agreed 100%. Water melts ice, but ice also is frozen water. I think they should have weaknesses to each other.

4. My opinion on this matter is the same as 3.

5. I think Grass should be resistant/immune to Ground. Think about it.
There's an Earthquake; people, animals, mountains all die/crumble, but plants are generally unaffected.
Trees are affected, but that's it, and our Tree Pokemon is a Rock-type so he's weak to Ground anyway.

6. Honestly, I think they were fine with Water being weak to Electric. Think, Squirtle uses Water Gun against Shinx.
I think this is the logic they were going with. Though yours does make as much sense, they would have to have chosen one or the other.

1. Ok...see your point, just agreeing with what someone else has previously said before me...

2. I see your point but I was referring just to the type not the pokemon that have secondary types that fix the problem...there aren't many...

3. & 4. Thank You...

5. I agree completely with you on this one...it's like you took my opinion & expanded on it perfectly...

6. But why not just chose both of them seeing as it is logically possible...

Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:44 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:
Spoinkable wrote:

2. I see your point but I was referring just to the type not the pokemon that have secondary types that fix the problem...there aren't many...
6. But why not just chose both of them seeing as it is logically possible...

2. I think you might be missing my point on this one.
They made our only Ghosts in Gen I weak to Psychic, because of their secondary typing.
Yet in the anime, and everywhere else, Ghost was supposed to be stronger against Psychic.
When Gen II came out, instead of 'fixing' the Ghost-type (which they've never actually done), they made up with it twice over.
First, they gave us a Ghost that was pure, Misdreavus, and she was better against Psychics than they were against her.
Second, they introduced the Dark-type, which was probably the route they wanted to go with Ghosts in relation to Psychic,
but in order to separate the two, they expanded on Ghosts as mischievous and Dark as evil, separating the ideologies behind essentially the same thing.
Catch my drift? That was kinda complicated.

6. Choosing both would make no sense.
One way; Water conducts Electric(ity), so they can absorb / amplify / fire back what Electric-types throw at them.
The other; Water conducts Electric(ity lol), so when a Water-type comes in contact with an Electric attack, it's amplified and the Water-type is hurt more.
If both were to be the case, you'd get a double-KO every time, because each side would amplify the other indefinitely, and both would short out / explode.
It's like dropping a toaster into the bathtub. Everything goes crazy until there's no more energy left from anything.
Only at that point will the zapping stop. And that's just it, the zapping is the ultimate power in any scenario.
Water is a plaything to Electricity, who uses it as an amp and nothing else.
IT is what decides the outcome. Therefore, Electric is strong against Water.
=)

Sorry for the long-winded-ness.

Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:31 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Dark was never evil. It's playing dirty and going against fair game. Like using underhanded tricks to win.

Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:35 am
THE POWER IS ON!

AceTrainer wrote:
Dark was never evil. It's playing dirty and going against fair game.

First of all, if Dark isn't Evil, why is the name of the type in Japan the "Evil"-type? And second of all, what you tried to justify as "not evil" with your second sentence sounds pretty evil to me. Dark-type attacks are dirty and unfair (involving biting, stealing, cheap shots and group attacks) because they ARE evil.

And Water being Super Effective against Electric would make no sense at all.

Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:50 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

First off water barely conducts electricy which is why it reacts so violently, metal (steel types) conducts electricy so it allows the energy to pass through it with out much happening. When a large amount of electricty passes through water it heats it up, thus boiling the water type alive. The only reason the power stops when you drop a toaster in the water is because it blows the electric circuts in the house,if you had an unprotected circut generator, say an electric type pokemon, I would just keep pumping out electricy like nothing happened.

No New Types!
New Type combos 1st!

Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:37 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

@ Spoinkable = 2. Okay...I get that...now that you expanded your Dark Type half of the statement...

@ Spoinkable & Frost = 6. Well, to be honest I only would want this because it would give the Electric Type another Weakness which I believe they need, though at the same time it is needed for the Water Type to be weakened by the Electric Type as otherwise they would only have 1 weakness which would suck even more...

@ /vXv\ = I don't study too much on things like this so all I knew was that Water conducted Electricity at all...I don't know how this process occurs too much so...alright, I see your point...more so then this though is that I see your point in regards to no new types...oh & also thanks for at least explaining your reponse, it helps...

& I never knew that the Dark Type was called the Evil Type in Japan...good to know this though even without it it's obvious that Dark is Evil...

Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:23 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I think Electric is pretty even as far as typing goes.
It's only weak to Ground, but it's only strong against Water and Flying.
And most Water types suck anyway.

I definitely think they should focus on fixing Grass-type before anything.

Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:43 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Spoinkable wrote:
I definitely think they should focus on fixing Grass-type before anything.

Agreed...this should be the absolute first...

Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:07 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Frost wrote:
AceTrainer wrote:
Dark was never evil. It's playing dirty and going against fair game.

First of all, if Dark isn't Evil, why is the name of the type in Japan the "Evil"-type? And second of all, what you tried to justify as "not evil" with your second sentence sounds pretty evil to me. Dark-type attacks are dirty and unfair (involving biting, stealing, cheap shots and group attacks) because they ARE evil.

And Water being Super Effective against Electric would make no sense at all.

I knew there was something wrong the moment I posted it. My bad. Sorry.

Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:42 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Types I think would be a good idea:
Light
Chemical
Sound
Rubber
Gas
Cloud
Glass
Fruit

But before ANY of these are used, I agree with the improvement of Grass types. They suck offensively AND defensively. If all of these are put in somehow, it would bring the total to 25 types. Wow.

Tue May 11, 2010 4:52 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'm sorry to say, but the only one there that looks cool, is Chemical. Kinda.

Light - Maybe that one too, I can't think of any Light pokemon at the moment, but it's similar to Psychic
Sound - Exploud, Loudred.
Gas - Too much like poison (Gastly, Haunter)
Cloud - Too similar to Gas
Fruit - Pokemon should be BASED off of fruit, not have it as a type. I' find it would be like Grass or Bug. Same Weaknesses. (Cherubi, Cherrim, (Tropius?))
Glass - Not sure.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Tue May 11, 2010 6:07 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Sound:
{exploud} {chimecho} {altaria} {wigglytuff} {jynx} {kricketune} {chatot} {bronzong}
- {banette} evolution? Going back to that Banshriek idea.
- {eevee} -lution
- {dunsparce} evo? Though, the already-mentioned Dragon evo would be cooler.
-I would say {ludicolo} , but it's already dual-type and awesome.

Wed May 12, 2010 8:54 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Spoinkable wrote:
Sound:
{exploud} {chimecho} {altaria} {wigglytuff} {jynx} {kricketune} {chatot} {bronzong}
- {banette} evolution? Going back to that Banshriek idea.
- {eevee} -lution
- {dunsparce} evo? Though, the already-mentioned Dragon evo would be cooler.
-I would say {ludicolo} , but it's already dual-type and awesome.

{misdreavus} may be a possibility, alongside Banshriek. Why {jynx} ?

Sat May 15, 2010 2:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next