It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 POKeMON Stadium 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Hey guys I've heard of Pokemon Stadium and Pokemon Stadium 2. I know that those were one of the first Pokemon Games ever made. But what is it about? Is it like the GB, GBC, GCN, GBA and DS versions? What system is it on? Is it in 3D?

Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:48 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Let me see if I can help clear up your concerns. Stadium was a strictly-battling main plot game. There were mini-games based off of different Pokemon that you could also play, but the important thing was being able to trade Pokes out of RBY and use them in different cups (arena challenges) trying to beat all the Trainers. You could also rent Pokemon (IIRC, never played it much). In other words, it's not much like the original games. (Except for battling, but it is more glorified).

It came out on the Nintendo 64 a looooooooooooooooong time ago, but after the release of Red and Blue and before Yellow (someone should correct me if I'm wrong there). As far as 3D, depends on your definition. The game would stay on your screen, but it was a full stadium, and the graphics were much more in-depth because they weren't limited to a portable device's screen, rather a TV screen.

[If that's not what you meant by 3D, I'm not entirely sure of the right answer to your question.]

Hope this clears things up!

AEPMT :mrgreen: ;) 8-)

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge

Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:20 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

AEP: Master Trainer wrote:
Let me see if I can help clear up your concerns. Stadium was a strictly-battling main plot game. There were mini-games based off of different Pokemon that you could also play, but the important thing was being able to trade Pokes out of RBY and use them in different cups (arena challenges) trying to beat all the Trainers. You could also rent Pokemon (IIRC, never played it much). In other words, it's not much like the original games. (Except for battling, but it is more glorified).

It came out on the Nintendo 64 a looooooooooooooooong time ago, but after the release of Red and Blue and before Yellow (someone should correct me if I'm wrong there). As far as 3D, depends on your definition. The game would stay on your screen, but it was a full stadium, and the graphics were much more in-depth because they weren't limited to a portable device's screen, rather a TV screen.

[If that's not what you meant by 3D, I'm not entirely sure of the right answer to your question.]

Hope this clears things up!

AEPMT :mrgreen: ;) 8-)

Thanks AEP: Master Trainer!

Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:35 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]