It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Gen. V starters. 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

If they do another Fire/Fighting starter I'm probably going to blow up GameFreak's HQ.

K, so not really.
But I want something ELSE with the Fire type that's not been done yet.
After force-feeding us two in a row, I think we deserve something completely out-of-the-box.

Fri May 07, 2010 8:25 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well we will soon know what the starters are as Pokemon Sunday is set to show them in the near future. Though this of course could just be the names of the starters, and not actually showing which one is which.

Fri May 07, 2010 9:16 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Spoinkable wrote:
But I want something ELSE with the Fire type that's not been done yet.
After force-feeding us two in a row, I think we deserve something completely out-of-the-box.

Pure-Fire would be fine, but I'd be okay with another Fire/Flying if they did it.
Fire/Poison, Fire/Water, Fire/Electric all seem too good. Fire/Ground, Fire/Rock and Fire/Ice seem plausible (although the last one probably wouldn't be a starter 3rd evolution... probably a 1-shot deal like Rotom...). Fire/Bug seems hard to do as a 3rd-evolution-type-change...

Sat May 08, 2010 7:50 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

labarith wrote:

1. Hyperbole
2. I don't dabble in opinion, I find that's a word soemone drops to avoid talking about the issues. All I'm saying is that 2ndary types on the starters are usually tied to their final forms via flavor, not so much "Hey, I need to ballance out this starter... let's make him a dragon too!".
3. Leaf Feathers. In case you missed it, I advocated a dinosaur-like first form, which is consistent with the past.
4. Good for you. I advocated it because I have a "you choose a fossil, it gets reanimated" theme. You?

What's your proof? Let me tell you that prior to seeing that dolphin silhouette I have thought of a dolphin-based starter as well.

3 is no longer directed towards you. But since we are on the topic, {tropius} looked and still looks stupid. And not just birds, mammals that are grass too {leafeon}.

Your 4th statement sounds (or looks, rather) all mixed up.

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Sat May 08, 2010 2:28 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

uh, shinashu, frost already said that they're showing the silhouettes next week... names will probably come afterwards....
fire, water, grass... it all gets kinda boring after a while, though it's a key part of the game. as long as it's something fresh, then i'll be good with it... geez, i hope it doesn't suck as much as i thought gen IV did when it first came out. i saw palkia and dialga and thought, "those are the stupidest-looking legendaries i've ever seen..." lol then i learned my lesson. but still, this should be an impressive gen, whatwith the new mechanics and graphics. tho, zorua and zoruark look weird, if you ask me...

Sat May 08, 2010 3:38 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

so the fire starter is a pig,the grass starter is a lizard(i think),and the water starter is an.....aquan panda otter thing...

Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:58 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I think that the starting triangle is too established to change but i think that that if they reversed the triangle for the final evolutions so that the fire's sub type is weak to the grass's subtype an so on. btw i'm picking the fire pig starter cuse giant firey boar god seems kinda fun.

Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:29 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

fallenwayward wrote:
I think that the starting triangle is too established to change but i think that that if they reversed the triangle for the final evolutions so that the fire's sub type is weak to the grass's subtype an so on. btw i'm picking the fire pig starter cuse giant firey boar god seems kinda fun.

I think you're just necromancing...

Megacat wrote:
so the fire starter is a pig,the grass starter is a lizard(i think),and the water starter is an.....aquan panda otter thing...

We *ALL* know that. Seriously, people! Look when the last comment was posted, ikf you did look, it says that the last post before you two was back in May!

Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:12 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

fallenwayward wrote:
I think that the starting triangle is too established to change but i think that that if they reversed the triangle for the final evolutions so that the fire's sub type is weak to the grass's subtype an so on.

{infernape} {torterra} {empoleon} ?
Torterra's Ground is strong against Fire.
Infernape's Fighting is strong against Steel.
Empoleon resists a crap ton thanks to his dual-typing, and makes only Torterra's Ground moves effective.
Not to mention he can learn Ice Beam/Avalanche, which obliterates Tort.

Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7