It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Current progress 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Thanks a lot for the tips on catching the legendary dogs, guys! I've always thought Roar would break attacks like Mean Look, so I was a bit desperate, but I guess that might work. I just hope Raikou won't die due to its Burn. It's too bad Aromatherapy doesn't work on your foes, but I guess it makes sense, hehe!

Thanks again. :)

Thu May 13, 2010 6:24 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Here's what I've done, in order:

1. Pwned Red (a while ago)
2. Got a Leaf Crown for my shiny Kingdra
3. Visited the Friendship room in the Pokeathalon dome
4. Completed the National Dex for the fisrt time in any game

I'm too lazy to rack up 100 battle tower wins.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Fri May 14, 2010 6:44 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'm waaaaay behind most of you. Have 8 gym badges, don't have the Natl. Pokédex yet, have "obtained" 123 Pokémon.

But. I did just catch Ho-oh! On the first try! {ho-oh} (Yes, I'm very pleased with that -- I've got the 2 wandering legendaries down to about 10 HP and they're both "asleep" yet they keep getting away. Going to have to go after them with something more appropriate -- something they can't run away from as easily. Is there a Pokémon that spits superglue?)

Eh -- I'm easy to please. Working in the Safari Zone to catch a Lavatory - - - no, that's not right - - - - - Larvitar! That's it! Maybe it's time I just wander over to Kanto and catch one over there. My old safari balls don't seem up to the job. ;-)

3DS FC (Y and X): 0834-1199-3647

See my photos and paintings on deviantArt at: http://barn0wl.deviantart.com/

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/grumpydispatcher

FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/FlagBarnOwl

"FlagBarn0wl" Blog: http://flagbarnowl.blogspot.com/

Sat May 22, 2010 2:26 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

well, you can't really just wander over to kanto to catch larvitar. to catch it in the wild, you have to go to mt. silver, which requires a grand total of.... 16 badges. i would just catch it now so it'll be caught up. even after i unlocke th lvl 40's larvitar, i still just got the lvl 17 one so i could pick the moves as it levels up. just me, though.
still soft-resetting... also fought whitney and brock. medium difficulty for me. then i got volty, lt. surge's female French pikachu. hmmm, better than my regular kachu from viridian forest. now i just want to get brock's rhydon. so, that's about it for me...

Sat May 22, 2010 3:46 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Thanks Rex ... that is what I ended up doing (catching Lavitar at the Safari Zone). Took me about 125 safari balls, but I did finally catch it. :-)

Sun May 23, 2010 11:44 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

no problem, but holy $&!# that took you a lot. i would've wound up trying mud and everything, bait, something... nice perserverance.
okay, rite now i'm chaining in diamond for shiny male ralts so i can have a blue gallade for ss. in ss, i'm still just alternating between training and soft-resetting for my porygon. basically, i soft-reset for about 10-30 min. then go and do something else for a while; go back, repeat. lol i have no patience.

Sun May 23, 2010 1:20 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

FINALLY starting HG this weekend. I bred and put aside an egg of each breedable pokemon in Diamond and sent over 11 eggs to HG to start my adventure with. Now I just have to choose my team from among them. The eggs that hatched were: nidoran(M), {paras}, {krabby}, {gligar}, {spinda}, {clamperl}, {finneon}, {bellsprout}, {bonsly}, {numel} and {croagunk}.
My team will have Paras in it for sure, since I bred it with Energy Ball, Cross Poison, False Swipe and Spore ^_^ The rest, not so sure. I like most of them >.<

To Barn Owl: Spinarak spits super glue (learns the move Spider Web, which prevents the foe from fleeing) Also, Gastly and Zubat learn Mean Look, which works the same way.

Edit: Yay! beat the first gym ^_^ (my god i'm far behind everyone >.<) My team is now {paras}, {gliscor}, {spinda}, {gorebyss}, {bellsprout} and {croagunk}. I'll prolly stick with these guys for the duration of the game.

Sun May 30, 2010 1:14 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

i did about 40 trades in my old game, got everything of value to my platinum and am starting my permantent game for it now.

i have a:

todile

elekid

porygon

and 1 badge :D

woooo

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:59 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Time: 223:45
Adventure started: March 14, 2010
Badges: 16/16
Money: 784123 (999999 saved)
Pokedex: 208
Score: 16933
Hall of Fame debut: March 17, 2010 (I like the game, mmkay?)
Best Pokemon: Other than random level 100s, I have a level 80 Luxray (randomly nicknamed Ra'light and a screwed-up EV-trained Level 90 Latios (I gave it Sp. Def EVs instead of Speed >.<)
Pokewalker Steps: 325529
Pokewalker Watts: 16454
Badge Stars: 2
Times linked: 157
Link battles: 1 W, 1 L, (one draw because a battle took too long. One win because my friend fled my army of Bidoof, and one loss when I was trying out a random combination of Pokemon for fun)
Key items: 25
Achievements: 20 League victories

Shameless Self Advertisement?

Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:32 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I have begun the long and time-consuming task of soft-resetting for a shiny Ho-oh in SoulSilver.

In the meantime, I have started HeartGold.
So far, this is what I've achieved:
Caught lots of Pokemon: {kadabra} {croconaw} {gastly} {bellsprout} {rattata} {spearow} {togetic} {dratini} {sandshrew} {yanma} {slowpoke} {butterfree} {geodude} {flaaffy}
and am raising all of them to Level 20.
Won the first two Gym Badges (currently working towards the third)
Chased Team Rocket out of Slowpoke Well
Won several thousand Coins at Voltorb Flip, and exchanged them for some powerful TMs.
I'm continuing my HeartGold game in between soft-resetting sessions on SoulSilver. I want my shiny Ho-oh!! {ho-oh}
(I've worked out that if I try for 30 minutes a day, it should take me several weeks to encounter a shiny.)

Last edited by DarkAriados on Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:44 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

i've given up on the shiny porygon (i probably only spent about two hours on it anyways, so not a big loss). currently, i'm chaining for shinies in diamond to ship to soulsilver. so, iow, i haven't played in a while. lol

Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:24 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I finally went after the Elite 4. Naturally I ran into rival (I named him "Kene" . . . can't recall where I heard that name before). I had with me;

{ho-oh} - {tyranitar} - {typhlosion} - {dragonite} - {scyther} and {ampharos}

All were at about Lvl 50 +, so no real problem. Kicked Kene's butt without even breaking a sweat. I had to use a few fresh waters between each of the E4's, but still beat them handilly. Now, while on the way over to the boat . . . I'm levelling up a Ponyta and Voltorb. The time I took levelling up my main ones really paid off.

As for shinies -- I've given up on them completely. After I don't know how many thousands of wild encounters in HG, not to mention LG, FR, and Ruby . . . I have encountered exactly ONE shiny Zubat! And that one I accidentally beat it to a pulp before I could catch it (the only time I really regreated getting a "critical hit").

Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:54 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

is that counting the red gyarados?? if you haven't caught it yet, you can still go back and get it, btw.
i had the same problem with shinies. then a couple weeks ago, i saw my first one, so i'm sure you'll get one eventually.

Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:17 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

rex09 wrote:
is that counting the red gyarados?? if you haven't caught it yet, you can still go back and get it, btw.
i had the same problem with shinies. then a couple weeks ago, i saw my first one, so i'm sure you'll get one eventually.

Oh . . . duh! I keep forgetting about the Red Gyarados! I caught him first try, he went to my PC & I haven't had him out again since! LOL So, yeah, I guess I do have one shiny!

Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:12 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Ok since shinys started in G/S/C I got a shiny raticate and groudon in soul silver I ran into a shiny hoot hoot in silver before I got poke balls and Ive played g/s/c/r/saphire/emerald/FR/LG/SS individual through all of the games.

Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:53 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I am now getting myself ready to face Blue.

Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:58 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

BarnOwl wrote:
rex09 wrote:

Oh . . . duh! I keep forgetting about the Red Gyarados! I caught him first try, he went to my PC & I haven't had him out again since! LOL So, yeah, I guess I do have one shiny!

ive ran into acouple.

like my: shiny dratini, magicarp, goldbat, charizard, ludicolo, slaking, snorlax,

HAD A SHINY METAGROSS BUT MY LITTLE BROTHER DELETED THE DAMN GAME!!!

oh and i jsut started heartgold. :P i got it 2day

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:00 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

just got a jirachi from the wifi thing pretty sweet

Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:44 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Me too, just have to pick it up from the PokeMart...other then that, I am doing pretty much nothing, got Umbreon Trained but need to train Parasect then it's off the catch what remains of Entei & Raikou...yeah I still haven't done it, what of it?...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:24 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

SS:
Name Brenna
Pokemon:
Dratini-lv.25
Chikorita Lv. 32
Scyther: lv.33
Gengar Lv 33
Vulpix Lv. 31
Ampharos: Lv. 31
Loaction: Goldenrod City
Badges: 7
Task: Going into the underground to beat team rocket and my rival. Just fought my rival and lost.

HG:
Name Alex

Pokemon:
Shiny Cyndaquil Lv. 6
Spinirak- Lv. 2
Jirachi- Lv. 5
Badges: 0
Task: Just recieved Jirachi from the Pokemart. Going to start levelling up my pokes. Also planning on catching a bunch of pidgeys and trading them w/ myself to Pearl for a bunch of Lv 1 shinies I recieved in trades. Going to put a poke in pokewalker ( Night Sky's Edge to catch Jiggly puff for my team) them moving on towards violet city.

Current Shiny Projects: {tepig} {eevee} {foongus}

Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:31 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Just completed the pokedex!
Now I just need 100 streak in battle tower to have 5 stars.

Edit: woohooo!!! 5 stars!

Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:41 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Going around levelling up my team to get ready to face Blue. Thankfully Psypoke gave me some idea of what he'd throw at me . . . and I figure if I'm going to beat him, I may as well really smash him.

Just caught Suicune! Took me about 50 balls of various types - finally caught it with a Dusk Ball (after it escaped my only Timer Ball).

Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:00 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

trying to finish the national dex, but its hard work,
if you have any hoenn pokemon you dont want, I can give you riolu(s) for them, i know its in the wrong place, but im just throwing it out there,

Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:21 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

right now im on my 4th play through at the team rocket base after catching red gyarados my team is

{eevee} lvl32 im trying to get espeon
{pidgeotto} lvl 29 might replace him
{quilava} lvl 31
{pupitar} lvl 31
{ampharos} lvl 30
and {lapras} lvl 30

{altaria}

Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:04 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
PokeWalker
NO PROGRESS! (To be honest I haven't even though about the next time I will actually ever use the thing...)

Soul Silver
Time = 281:17
Trainer = Luna / Female / ID = 48227
Score = 16670
Badges = ALL 16
PokeDex = Seen/Caught = National - 367/295 /// Johto - 241/194
PokeDollars = $ 7700
Current Party;

Gallade / LV96 / Male / OT = Iori / ID = 62559
Umbreon / LV 57 / Male (The Umbreon I have been training & it turned out fantastic)
(Hoshisuka) Ninetales / LV 70 / Female
Parasect / LV50 / Male
Golbat / LV52 / Female / OT = Iori / ID = 62559 (good old Green Golbat...)
Slowbro / LV19 / Female (My HM User specifically for Seafoam Islands)

Status = Alright, finally a status update since I don't know when & I now have this to say...first, I have finished training my Umbreon & have trained a Parasect to go with it but Parasect turned out to be too unable of learning things other then Spore to really make my stradegy for catching Entei, Raikou & Latios bloom to perfection but Umbreon was so good that it made up for it somehow...that being said, I now have caught Entei then Raikou then Latios & now have all the runners as I call them plus I also obtained Groudon very very easily(I mean it was really easy to catch this 1) & decided to fully explore Seafoam Islands only to find out that it was revamped noticably as well which frustrated me alot but thankfully only had 2 trainers in it & ditched the badly placed "push this boulder down this hole to block the current for Articuno thing" seeing as it actually had more rocks then was needed & so on...now I am back inside Seafoam Islands trying to score the pokemon of my dreams...Shiny Articuno, it is really too beautiful for words...that's actually all I did since the last major update so, I'm done...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next