It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:07 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 434 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 New Evolutions for Old Pokemon 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Everlasting Sapphire wrote:
I like all of those ideas actually...Or there could be an attack that summons a whole army of Spindas that attack the opponent...

There could be, but I'd much rather that attack be on a bug pokemon. For example, I imagine Beedrill learning it's own Ultimate attack - basically Beatup for like 30 damage that only couts the bug-types (or beedrill?) in your party. It would have to be strong because a single fire-guy could kill a party of 6 bugs easily.

I do think that there should be an effort made to make more pokemon useful, whether in-game or in-battle. For example, I think there should be areas you unlock by solving a riddle by bringing the right 6 unown to the right area. I also think there should be mini-games that work better with, say, smaller pokemon, or with certain pokemon.

I mean, I get it. Pachirisu isn't made for battles - it's made to look cute, and pick up items. But not every pokemon has even this level of use.

Sun May 23, 2010 2:30 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

i think the shood be a ultimeon the ultimate eevee

Sun May 23, 2010 7:27 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

labarith wrote:
Everlasting Sapphire wrote:
I like all of those ideas actually...Or there could be an attack that summons a whole army of Spindas that attack the opponent...

There could be, but I'd much rather that attack be on a bug pokemon. For example, I imagine Beedrill learning it's own Ultimate attack - basically Beatup for like 30 damage that only couts the bug-types (or beedrill?) in your party. It would have to be strong because a single fire-guy could kill a party of 6 bugs easily.

I do think that there should be an effort made to make more pokemon useful, whether in-game or in-battle. For example, I think there should be areas you unlock by solving a riddle by bringing the right 6 unown to the right area. I also think there should be mini-games that work better with, say, smaller pokemon, or with certain pokemon.

I mean, I get it. Pachirisu isn't made for battles - it's made to look cute, and pick up items. But not every pokemon has even this level of use.

All those ideas sound plausible. The idea with the Unowns kinda reminds me of the Relicanth/Wailord dot riddle in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald.

Sun May 23, 2010 1:31 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

labarith wrote:

Adding a Tiny Battle type place to the new Battle Frontier would solve quite a bit of this.
Unown still wouldn't be used much there, but it'd give you good reason for Pachirisu and the such.

Well, k not Pachirisu, cuz it's the only one in its line.
Maybe they could just severely update the Battle Frontier.
Or add more fun Frontier-like places to more towns throughout the game.

Wow sorry, this doesn't have much anything to do with New Evolutions...
I think I'm gonna repost it in Features Generation V Black and White SHOULD have.

Sun May 23, 2010 4:10 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Here is some ideas for new evolutions. One the ones that evolve by using a Stone "Under certain conditons," it could mean area, time of day, or version-exclusive held item.

Pokemon Idea #1: Moocalf, a pre-evolved form of Tauros and Miltank, by using an Incense.
Total Base Stats: Around 365 (HP: 65, Attack: 65, Defense: 75, Sp. Attack: 30, Sp. Defense: 50, Speed: 80).
It has 1 Defensive Effort Point, a Slow Base EXP (1,250,000), and is in the Field Egg Group.
This Normal-Type pokemon has a quadruped body that resembles a calf.
The gender differences are that males has bigger horns and females has an udder
Evolutions: To Tauros (Level Up of a Male) & To Miltank (Level Up of a Female)
Possible Moves: Tackle, Zen Headbutt, Icy Wind, Snore, Helping Hand, Iron Head, Surf, Strength, Whrilpool, Rock Smash
Possible learned TMs: 3, 6, 10, 11, 13-15, 17, 18, 21-27, 32, 34, 37, 39, 42-45, 58, 66, 68, 78, 80, 82, 83, 87, 90

Pokemon Idea #2: An alternate evolved form of a male Cubone, which evolves when a Dawn Stone is used under certain conditions; that is a Ground type that can use Thick Club with total base stats 425 and gets 1 Attack and 1 Defense Effort Points. The abilities are the same and the possible stats are: 65 HP, 80 Attack, 100 Defense, 65 Sp. Attack, 65 Sp. Defense, and 50 Speed.

Pokemon Idea #3: A pre-evolved form of a Lickitung, by using Incense [maybe the same one as Idea #1]; that is a Normal-type with total base stats between 310-195 (I think around 245) and an effort value of 1 HP.

Pokemon Idea #4: A Normal/Flying-type evolved form of Farfetch'd, that closely resembles a goose and can still use a Stick, with total base stats between 472-502 (I think around 490) and 2 Attack Effort Points.

Pokemon Idea #5: An evolved form of a male Stantler, that evolves when a Dawn Stone is used under certain conditions; whose total base stats around 535-545 (I say 540). It either resembles either a moose with higher Attack and Effort values of 2 Attack; or a reindeer with a higher Sp. Attack, has Effort Values of 1 Attack and 1 Sp. Attack, that can do Ice Attacks and Bounce.

Pokemon Idea #6:Blowqwil, an evolve form of Qwilfish, that is a Poison/Water type, that is a similarly larger version Qwilfish, with total base stats around 515-530 and get 1 Attack and 1 Sp. Attack Effort Point.

Pokemon Idea #7: Forms of Corsola (both Rock/Water-type Pokemon).
Pre-evolve form, by using an Incense [maybe the same one as Idea #1], total base stats is around 295-195 (I think around 200-240), get 1 Defense Effort Point.
The evolved form, which occurs when you use Water Stone while under certain conditions, total stats, is around 470-530 (I think around 495-510).

Pokemon Idea #8: An evolved form of Smeargle, that is a Normal Type that evolves by high friendship while under certain conditions, still knows only Sketch, but has total base stats of around 340-480 (I think around 405-410) and get 1 HP and 1 Speed Effort Point.

Pokemon Idea #9: An evolved form of Mawile with the total base stats around 495-510

Pokemon Idea #10: An evolved form of Kecleon that resembles an Iguana with a possible Ability of Multitype. Both Kecleon and this possible pokemon should show the color of the current type.
Total base stats: 500-540 (I think around 525-540) and get 1 Attack and 1 Sp. Defense Effort Point.

Pokemon Idea #11: A pre-evolved form of Tropius with a total base stats of 250-340 (I think around 310) and get 1 HP Effort Point.

Pokemon Idea #12: An evolved form of Pachirisu with the total base stats of 495-545 (I think around 500).

Pokemon Idea #13: An evolved form of Chatot with the total base stats of 500-545 (I think around 510)

Pokemon Idea #14: A Water-Type alternate -evolution of a female Goldeen, by using Water Stone is used under certain conditions, with the same abilities and the possible stats are: 70 HP, 80 Attack, 75 Defense, 75 Sp. Attack, 80 Sp. Defense, and 70 Speed. You get 1 Attack and 1 Sp. Defense effort point.

Pokemon Idea #15: Ms. Mime, an alternate -evolution of a female Mime Jr. using Dawn Stone is used while under certain conditions, is a Psychic-Type with the same abilities and the possible stats are: 50 HP, 55 Attack, 70 Defense, 95 Sp. Attack, 105 Sp. Defense, and 85 Speed. You get 2 Sp. Defense points.

Pokemon Idea #16: An alternate -evolution of a Pineco, by using Leaf stone while under certain conditions, which is a Bug/Grass Type with the possible stats are: 80 HP, 85 Attack, 110 Defense, 70 Sp. Attack, 70 Sp. Defense, and 50 Speed. You get 2 Defense Effort Points. It doesn't share the Sturdy Ability.

Pokemon Idea #17: Curvoon, a Normal-Type Pokemon with curves and/or circles all over, is an alternate -evolution of a Zigzagoon that evolves using Dawn Stone while under certain conditions. It has the same abilities and the possible stats are: 70 HP, 65 Attack, 65 Defense, 60 Sp. Attack, 70 Sp. Defense, and 90 Speed. You get 2 Speed Effort Points.

Pokemon Idea #18: Elecness or Eleceta, an alternate-evolution of a female Electrike using Thunderstone while under certain conditions, is a Electric-Type, that resembles a lioness or cheetah, with the possible stats are: 70 HP, 80 Attack, 60 Defense, 90 Sp. Attack, 60 Sp. Defense, and 115 Speed. You get 2 Speed Effort Points. It does share the Static Ability, but not the Lightning Rod.

Pokemon Idea #19: What different kinds of Shellos and Gastrodon will be in this new region? There are pink ones in Western Sinnoh and blue ones in Eastern Sinnoh.

Pokemon Idea #20: An alternate-evolution of Shroomish using Leaf Stone/Sun Stone while under certain conditions, that is a Grass-Type that resembles more of a mushroom than Breloom with the same abilities and the possible stats are: 95 HP, 90 Attack, 70 Defense, 65 Sp. Attack, 70 Sp. Defense, and 70 Speed. You get 1 HP and 1 Attack points.

Pokemon Idea #21: Misshark, a Water/Dark-Type that resembles a long, slimmer version of Sharpedo with a tail.
Either the evolved form of Sharpedo with the total base stats of around 535 or an alternate-evolution of Carvanha, with the total base stats 460 with Higher Speed and Sp. Attack, but Lower Attack than Shapedo; by using Water Stone/Dusk Stone while under certain conditions.

Pokemon Idea #22: Condearow, a Normal/Flying-Type that resembles a Condor.
Either the evolved form of Fearow with the total base stats of between 500-540 (I think around 525) or an alternate-evolution of Spearow, with the total base stats 442 with Higher Sp. Defense and Attack, but Lower Speed than Fearow; by using Dawn Stone while under certain conditions.

Pokemon Idea #23: Hakking, the evolved form of Weezing; a Poison-Type that has total base stats of 535-540.

Pokemon Idea #24: A Water/Electric-Type that resembles a Dolphin that us either the evolved form of Lanturn, with the total base stats of around 535; or an alternate-evolution of Chinchou, with the total base stats 460 with Higher Defense and Attack, but Lower HP than Lanturn; by using Water Stone/Thunder Stone while under certain conditions.

Pokemon Idea #25: An Water-Type alternate-evolution of Seel that resembles a Manatee, by using Water Stone while under certain conditions, with the total base stats 475 and Higher Defense and HP, but Lower Speed than Dewgong. with the same abilities and the possible stats are: 85 HP, 75 Attack, 90 Defense, 70 Sp. Attack, 100 Sp. Defense, and 55 Speed. You get 1 Sp. Defense and 1 Defense point.

Pokemon Idea #26: A Psychic-Type evolved form of Hypno that has total base stats of 530-535.

Pokemon Idea #27: An Ice/Psychic-Type evolved form of Jynx that has total base stats of 525-545 (I say around 535).

Pokemon Idea #28: A Ghost-Type evolved form of Banette that has total base stats of 525-545 (I say around 535).

4G shinies (non-event): 400,302,133,149,007,408,448,358

Pokemon Black:
Tim~Bk: 0303-9173-0439 :501::551:

Looking for nicknamed and/or shiny pokemon.

5G shinies (non-event): 147,261,570,546,635,506,540,548,519,517,055,619,575,624

Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:27 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

there only three id like to see:

An evolution of Paras which is brached off to be a bug/poison scorpion fungi kind of pokemon

An evolution of Dunceparce which looks like a boa constrictor with wings, Normal/ Fiying

a split evolution of Bronzor which looks like a cracked bronzong ( liberty bell kinda of thing) which is Steel/dark, same stats just different moves

Looking for UNHATCHED Manaphy egg. Will trade anything in my trading thread or PM me
FC: 1076 5550 2837

Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:16 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Jester wrote:
there only three id like to see:

An evolution of Paras which is brached off to be a bug/poison scorpion fungi kind of pokemon

An evolution of Dunceparce which looks like a boa constrictor with wings, Normal/ Fiying

a split evolution of Bronzor which looks like a cracked bronzong ( liberty bell kinda of thing) which is Steel/dark, same stats just different moves

I don't see why Paras III has to be a scoprion. Bug/grass is fine.

Dunceparce is too much of a fan favorite, so I'm not gonna touch it.

As for Bronzor, I sort of like this idea. I don't think it's going to happen, but I like it. I could see a change in base-stats (like Scizor/Scyther), but I don't know how they'd make it so that it doesn't outclass Bronzor. Of course, if they give it a 3rd evolution (think dark bronzor's a trade evolve, and pyschic 3rd evolution is a hold-item-happiness evolve), I could see it being cooler.

Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:02 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

They should make a pre-evo of magikarp :D

nah jk

Image Image

Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:31 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: Cinnabar Island - Cinnabar Mansion, chilling with the fire pokemon.
Spiritomb wrote:

nah jk

I think you're on to something with Magikarp though. Either a evolution for Magikarp(Pre-Evo for Gyrados), or an evolution for Gyrados. Mmhmm Evo for Gyrados please. =D

Absol, Mightyena, Arcanine, Ninetales, and Houndoom also need evolutions. DEFINITELY Houndoom though. =]

Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:47 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Houndoom Guy wrote:
Spiritomb wrote:

nah jk

I think you're on to something with Magikarp though. Either a evolution for Magikarp(Pre-Evo for Gyrados), or an evolution for Gyrados. Mmhmm Evo for Gyrados please. =D

Absol, Mightyena, Arcanine, Ninetales, and Houndoom also need evolutions. DEFINITELY Houndoom though. =]

yeah that would actually be cool with an evo for gyarados... Omegados? haha nah dun know but interesting idea indeed

Image Image

Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:37 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

What if they increased the average base stat total?

Like, I know that's pretty much what's stopping them from just going CRAZY with new evolutions...
so what if they just decided to say 'screw it' and made uber-level stats the norm?

Personally, I'd be against it, but ... what if?

Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:00 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Spiritomb wrote:
Houndoom Guy wrote:
Spiritomb wrote:

nah jk

yeah that would actually be cool with an evo for gyarados... Omegados? haha nah dun know but interesting idea indeed

Gyarados is plenty powerful enough as is. If anything for Magikarp, I could see an alternate evolution... if it evolves holding the "new and improved dragon scale" it becomes a dragon/water pokemon w/ similar stats to Gyarados?

Houndoom probably could use a nice evolution, sure. Nightyena maybe too. Ninetales and Arcanine - no. Absol? I think I'd rather a "light ball" like item for him...

Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:24 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I say don't mess with {gyarados} . Unless of course you do something else to {milotic} too.

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:56 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
AceTrainer wrote:
I say don't mess with {gyarados} . Unless of course you do something else to {milotic} too.

I also say don't mess with either of them but don't do it period...they are fine the way they are imo...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:43 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

labarith wrote:
Gyarados is plenty powerful enough as is. If anything for Magikarp, I could see an alternate evolution... if it evolves holding the "new and improved dragon scale" it becomes a dragon/water pokemon w/ similar stats to Gyarados?

Houndoom probably could use a nice evolution, sure. Nightyena maybe too. Ninetales and Arcanine - no. Absol? I think I'd rather a "light ball" like item for him...

Absol defintely needs an evolution. Branching ones would be interesting. Dusk Stone or Level up? and then one for Shiny Stone or Dawn Stone. Something along those lines..... Then again.. that might make it seem like another Eevee.. >_>

Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:24 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

the only evos houndoomguy mentioned that i'm against is arcanine and ninetales, solely because they got that way through a stone. alternate evos could work, tho imo it'd be a waste of effort.
gyarados.... could be okay, but i actually like how it goes from being useless as hell (btw, no more fishermen with lvl 40 magikarp plez) to a kickass, useful pokemon. and that's how it should be, imo (well, maybe not useless, but it should definitely be getting better).
absol could definitely use an evo. mostly because it would be cool. my problem is, i don't know what they could do to it, other than a sprite and some new moves (i don't train/check for stats, so i'm just gonna assume it has decent ones). and what would the evo look like?? lol me and my necessity for the sprites to look cool....

Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:07 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Damn right it's not useless.. MAGIKARP CAN JUMP MOUNTAINS!!!! MOUNTAINS!!!(And yet all it can do in battle is Splash. xD Funny how that works.)

Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:01 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

At some point, further evolutions of top tier, especially G1, pokemon is a bad idea. That said, I'm all for "lightball" like special items for those pokemon - especially of those items have 2ndary uses.

For example, maybe "Foxfire" increases the speed and sp. attack of Vulpix and Ninetales by 50%. When Furret is traded with "foxfire" it evolves into Pyrret, a fire/normal pokemon w/ increased stats? And maybe "Foxfire" has the added benifit of letting pokemon use a move that has 0 pps once per battle.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:50 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Houndoom Guy wrote:
Damn right it's not useless.. MAGIKARP CAN JUMP MOUNTAINS!!!! MOUNTAINS!!!(And yet all it can do in battle is Splash. xD Funny how that works.)

lol. i was saying that this pokemon {magikarp} is pretty damn useless, unless you want to see chuck norris laugh (refer to the neverending story in the game corner to get this joke). lol and whose bright idea was a move like splash?? really!!! i want to know, gamefreak!!!

Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:41 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

rex09 wrote:
Houndoom Guy wrote:

lol. i was saying that this pokemon {magikarp} is pretty damn useless, unless you want to see chuck norris laugh (refer to the neverending story in the game corner to get this joke). lol and whose bright idea was a move like splash?? really!!! i want to know, gamefreak!!!

Splash was there so that he would be hard to evolve. Similar to how catching a metapod was something hard to evolve, but for that it evolved relatively quickly. Magikarp just gives you an awesome pokemon when it evolves.

That said, I kind of want to see the following pokemon ability on a pokemon:
Splash-Happy - Whenever this pokemon selects Splash, it uses 5 PPs (or whatever remains) instead of 1, recovers half of it's HP, and deals that much water damage to the opponent. "This Pokemon regains health and deals damage when it splashes about".

Splash-Happy would be available on, say, 2 water pokemon 50% of the time. One would have Splash as an original ability, the other would learn it at a late stage (although it would be an egg move for sure!). The first would be relatively weak, the 2nd would be relatively strong (or might evolve when it learns Splash? and the latter evolution would be relatively strong).

Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:36 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

They should make an Unown evo that has stats to rival Arceus but still has the same crappy movepool (unpredictable Hidden Power ROFL). It would evolve via some sort of held tablet when traded and looks like the number of the level at which it evolved.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:07 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Mektar wrote:
They should make an Unown evo that has stats to rival Arceus but still has the same crappy movepool (unpredictable Hidden Power ROFL). It would evolve via some sort of held tablet when traded and looks like the number of the level at which it evolved.

oh, jeez, can you imagine how many sprites there'd have to be?? one for every unown. oh damn, that's a lot of pokes/sprites. lol they should make them all just have metronome ("life is like metronome; you never know what you're gonna get" - ash ketchum's mother lol) just to make it even more unpredictable.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:11 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Unown with an evolution? I dunno, I think Unown are meant to be collectors' items... or something.

Besides, what would say, an Unown A evolve into? A BIGGER letter A?

Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:32 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Unown "evolution" idea -
When you have completed your unown 'dex (including new #s), it will unlock an in-game legendary pokemon in the ruins - "pwn"
Pwn has 4 abilities:
Hidden Power
Hidden Sythe (physical attack version of hidden power)
5pp Unown Swarm (each unown in your party deals 30 damage of the kind their HP would deal to the opponent)
5pp Unown Gift (User faints, all unown in your party are revived.)

Picture: A Swarm of Unown.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:27 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Spinda (pandas need more justice than just Spinda)
Dunsparce
Stantler
Girafarig
Qwilfish

Those five probably need evolutions the most in my opinion.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:15 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 434 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next