It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
 Features Generation V Black and White SHOULD have 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Less legends, Vs Seeker, but there is one thing I would like, more than anything. Fire, Water and Grass starters. No Fire/Fighting, or Water/Steel, or Grass/Ground. Grass. Water. Fire. That's it.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:51 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Dan Roswald wrote:
Spoinkable wrote:
Less. Effing. Legendaries.

Yes. We had way too many these last two generations.

Light type. :I
They have to, I mean...their names are Black and White for peat's sake...

would you all let up on the new type rant all ready, they only added new types once, added that was when they made the second generation after, only 5 titles, Gold and Silver, and you think they are going to add a new type after 30 titles?!
Once they have used up every possible combination of the 17 types we do have, I wouldn't mind them adding a few more.

Plus I don't mind How many legendaries there are as long as they aren't repeats like uxie and deoxyes-D
, plus azelf and Deoxyes-A, The only psychic I want as a legendary in the next gen is a psy/bug, Also no more dragon/flying types.

Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:41 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
First...
Ryanh181 wrote:
Less legends, Vs Seeker, but there is one thing I would like, more than anything. Fire, Water and Grass starters. No Fire/Fighting, or Water/Steel, or Grass/Ground. Grass. Water. Fire. That's it.

I agree...secondary types just aren't done well plus I never end up liking any of them in any of the Generations they were used...

Second...
/vXv\ wrote:
would you all let up on the new type rant all ready, they only added new types once, added that was when they made the second generation after, only 5 titles, Gold and Silver, and you think they are going to add a new type after 30 titles?!
Once they have used up every possible combination of the 17 types we do have, I wouldn't mind them adding a few more.

Plus I don't mind How many legendaries there are as long as they aren't repeats like uxie and deoxyes-D
, plus azelf and Deoxyes-A, The only psychic I want as a legendary in the next gen is a psy/bug, Also no more dragon/flying types.

No good sir we cannot cause it is not a Rant, just a somewhat good, somewhat bad idea for a feature...nothing more, nothing less...& they waited til the 4th Gen to make the Physical & Special damage type split so...so what if they haven't utilized all the type combinations...sooner rather then later...I want them to do this while I'm still among the living, lol...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:11 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I think the pokemon games should remain familiar, but also make it feel brand new. I thought of some ideas:

- Bigger towns/cities.

- No more elite four because it's quite repetitive and boring now. Perhaps a final championship knockout league where all the best trainers from the region compete.

- Longer routes so it actually feels like a long journey.

- Make the gym leaders intelligent and difficult to beat. Residents of the towns should make a big deal about the gym leaders to make it feel like a big deal when you beat them. I think that they're beaten too easily. They are gym leaders for a reason!

- More of the story happening between traveling to different places and beating different gyms.

- 2 regions? c'mon everyone wants it ;)

- There should be more varied pokemon in each place. Everyone's choice of pokemon is limited and I find that I catch some of my favourite pokemon after beating the elite 4.

- More evolutions

- Completely customisable players.

- I don't know about everyone else but i'd prefer a bigger choice of starter pokemon. Why not choose from 5, 8 or 10?

- and dont focus too much on the 3D. It's nice to have 3d visuals but i don't want the horrible polygon looks

oh and no more freaky looking robotic pokemon. They all look so weird nowadays compared to the originals

Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:32 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I like some of the ideas mentioned. I'll expand on one of my favorites, which is tougher gym battles.

I would like to see us be able to explore almost all of the region from the start. Use the HMs (which I liked the idea of HMs no longer being tied to the movepool) to get to new areas (extensions from the main Gym-towns routes) after completing side-story missions (al la GTA) to get into more remote areas where secluded pokemon live. Gym leaders would be real gym leaders and you get to pick the order that you did them in. They would all be around the same level as to invite only the most skilled trainers to battle them. (I'm thinking in the ranges of the 40's-50's or adjusting levels post 50, depending on how long the main story goes.. see below)

Pokemon appear in zones based on their natural habitat throughout the region, but with a wide variety of types (grass/dark/psychic,etc) in those zones. The farther and more remote (harder to get to) areas and habitats have tougher, rarer, and higher level pokemon.

The story should be first and formost as a delivery method to introduce new gamers to the mechanics and party building while you go around the region collecting and exploring pokemon. With the gyms following after you've become a strong trainer and be able to challenge the gyms to get into the Region's pokemon tournament (I like the idea of the tournament instead of the E4 that someone else mentioned). Maybe have the payoff of the story to be able to import pokemon from the previous versions (Completing the Region-dex).

In the story, the characters you face would be dependent on the strength of your party's pokemon.. ie. their levels equal the strongest pokemon in your party like the Stadium games did. This makes progressing through the story easy on the noobs while teaching them party building diversity.. while also being still a challenge for those of us importing pokemon from the other games (if they decide to allow this from the start).

Make the contests (and a mixture of pokeatholons) come back in different levels (R/S/E) and available and accessable from the start or graduating in strength similar to the way gyms were done in the past. (Think of Dawn and May's starting quests from the show). Of course, these are semi-optional to the story, except maybe the first one to wet people's appetites for contests. Make the rewards worthwhile, like possibly making certain pokemon evolve by winning the Master Contests (ie, change Feebass's evolution to winning the Master Beauty contest).

These adjustments allow players to play for the story and makes the games have adjustable difficulty for all. Keeping the pokemon in specific habitats make the game not feel so forced.

I wouldn't even mind the ability in this scenerio as to be able to pick your starting town.. like answering questions about weather and personality (at the boy/girl question stage) determine what environment (Prairies, desert, mountain, coastal, etc) you start in. I mean, come on.. how do all the other kids throughout the land get their starting pokemon?? Make the professor make their rounds in the towns to have their pokemon of age party. (See "I Choose you, pikachu"). This would promote trading between friends who picked different areas to start, to try to work together to try to complete the region-dex.

Last edited by puck269 on Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:12 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
I like the way you're thinking puck269...just please to god don't force us to win Master Rank with Feebas just to get it to evolve as that is way worse then making poffin combinations that will get it's Beauty attribute to a certain level...& doing that then leveling it up was way easier & the only thing I actually liked about the contests introduction in general in the 3rd Gen...they are supposely in a sense reintroducing the series with the 5th Gen so I am going to get my hopes up asap...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:44 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

puck269 wrote:
{pure awesome}

I love you

Also, one more to add to the list.
Optional manual flight.
Has anyone played Tales of Symphonia? (The original, not the dumb sequel)
Think along those lines, where some areas aren't accessible until you can fly.

Last edited by Spoinkable on Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:03 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:

5. I'm done now & waiting for admiration or redicule...both which I will accept...

i admire you and will comment saying:

the last game will be the master game.

i predict it will be on the d3ds or what ev its called.

you will go everywhere in 3-d graphics.

in terms of gen V-
I dont want a stupid evil team like aqua, magma, or galactic.
The rockets were legitly evil, they need a 2nd comeback :D

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:19 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

puck269 wrote:
I like some of the ideas mentioned. I'll expand on one of my favorites, which is tougher gym battles.

I would like to see us be able to explore almost all of the region from the start. Use the HMs (which I liked the idea of HMs no longer being tied to the movepool) to get to new areas (extensions from the main Gym-towns routes) after completing side-story missions (al la GTA) to get into more remote areas where secluded pokemon live. Gym leaders would be real gym leaders and you get to pick the order that you did them in. They would all be around the same level as to invite only the most skilled trainers to battle them. (I'm thinking in the ranges of the 40's-50's or adjusting levels post 50, depending on how long the main story goes.. see below)
I like this idea of choosing which gym leaders to battle first, but how about they dont do that whole level 40-50 thing. how about no matter which one you choose to battle first, it will be level 10-15, and the second would be in the 20s, and so on, no matter what order you choose to battle them in.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:48 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Honestly, I don't care what they do with the pokemon games anymore, (as long as they're good) but they HAVE to have 2 Save slots. WHY HAVEN'T THEY DONE THAT?

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:05 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

2 save slots would be FANTASTIC!!!!!
OMG That just sounds ... amazing.
It's been on the top of my wishlist since I let my little cousin start a new game on my Red version.
"DON'T save, whatever you do, ok?"
"OK! Thanks, cuz!"
*ten minutes pass*
"AAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGIMGOINGTOKILLYOU!!"

You know what I'm talkin about.

AND I like the idea of everyone's pokemon being the same level as your strongest.
I know this would be near-impossible considering movepools and the like, but it sure would be nice.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:59 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Spoinkable wrote:
2 save slots would be FANTASTIC!!!!!
OMG That just sounds ... amazing.
It's been on the top of my wishlist since I let my little cousin start a new game on my Red version.
"DON'T save, whatever you do, ok?"
"OK! Thanks, cuz!"
*ten minutes pass*
"AAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGIMGOINGTOKILLYOU!!"

You know what I'm talkin about.

i once kicked a cousin who tried to take my blue version xD

Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:33 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Spoinkable wrote:

AND I like the idea of everyone's pokemon being the same level as your strongest.
I know this would be near-impossible considering movepools and the like, but it sure would be nice.

Actually its not that far out of the realm of possibility.. the game naturally does it with wild pokemon. Most pokemon in the wild (and some trainers) just have the most recently learned moves for that level. You simply plug that same programing into the movepool for the trainers (if it isn't done already) and viola! I mean come-on.. its not like these trainers ever show much thought into which moves they choose.

As for certain trainers that are there to teach or show strategies... well, it wouldn't be too hard to just have them have a fixed movepool regardless of level. Especially a lot of pokemon can learn some of the most powerful moves out of an egg. It would be easy to explain that the particular trainer in question would have bred the pokemon with the moves he wanted.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:59 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

puck269 wrote:
Spoinkable wrote:

Actually its not that far out of the realm of possibility.. the game naturally does it with wild pokemon. Most pokemon in the wild (and some trainers) just have the most recently learned moves for that level. You simply plug that same programing into the movepool for the trainers (if it isn't done already) and viola! I mean come-on.. its not like these trainers ever show much thought into which moves they choose.

As for certain trainers that are there to teach or show strategies... well, it wouldn't be too hard to just have them have a fixed movepool regardless of level. Especially a lot of pokemon can learn some of the most powerful moves out of an egg. It would be easy to explain that the particular trainer in question would have bred the pokemon with the moves he wanted.

These are good points!
Considering the world's - especially Japan's - current technological advances, this is definitely doable.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:16 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Equal leveling would defiantly make the game different. Then you would only level up to max out EVs and for new moves... I'm not sure if I like it or not.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:09 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

You would also level up to evolve and learn new attacks.
And because when you'd trainers, you'd have no choice but to level up because of all the experience you'd gain if they were consistently the same level.

**EDIT
Sorry, I just read you said moves already

Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:32 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

GollyGreg wrote:
Equal leveling would defiantly make the game different. Then you would only level up to max out EVs and for new moves... I'm not sure if I like it or not.

Think about it this way. Why does anyone level up their pokemon beyond the 50's? Why waste all that time leveling it up to 100.. to battle other lv 100 pokemon right?

Granted, you do make a point that I hadn't thought through, which was that the mechanic that is in place now of being able to simply overpowering your competition would be gone. Overpowering your pokemon by level does make the game easier for noobs. Having equal leveling would of course make the game more difficult on them. The payoff would be teaching them properly how to play the game from the get-go. But it could be a turn off to the young audience that tend to pick one pokemon, make it superpowerful and sweep through the entire game. However, you "should" have a lot more variety in your pokemon types to be able to build a balanced team from the start. Something that isn't possible in today's format.

The counter-argument to the loss of overpowering is that grinding would be pretty much eliminated until you are ready to start going after the gym badges. Since grinding is slowly starting to go out of style in today's RPGs, I wouldn't be surprised if grinding is slowly phased out or minimized.

The game, how its built right now, increases trainers levels as a way to build up slowly to the elite four.. however, if the change of focus of the game (like I presented) is to consistantly train and find all the pokemon in the region (and a free-roaming region at that).. with the gyms and tournament as the kinda post-story or secondary story.. then having trainers be around that are always at the level of your pokemon is more important than grinding pokemon up (w/ experience or swapping) so you can reach a new section to collect more pokemon. This is especially the case if you are able to pick your starting area/town.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:43 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

pokemomn wont be pokemon without grinding

and im not talking about the dancing style

Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:05 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I like the idea, but there will probably be a low chance of such stuff actually happening

Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:55 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Generation V should have more tournaments.

Same concept as Battle Tower, but more of them throughout your journey.
Either operating on the "Lv50 All" or "Lv15 Minimum" (instead of 30) systems.
That would give you more reason to visit different towns, and it would give you something to do if you were tired of the plot for a little bit.

Maybe add an optional feature that your entire team gains a set amount of EXP each when they win, or something.
Along these lines, make the difficulty something you can choose, with each one yielding more EXP.
And, like, traditional to all tournament-styled games, you have to beat Easy to gain access to Normal.
Normal -> Hard
And you have to beat Hard a few different times to gain access to (insert "Expert" synonym here).

Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:21 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Spoinkable wrote:
(insert "Expert" synonym here).

insane. :D

Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:28 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Dan Roswald wrote:
Spoinkable wrote:
(insert "Expert" synonym here).

insane. :D

Hahaha probably would be!
You KNOW it would have nothing with less than 580 base stat totals, and they would all be EV trained.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:09 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

The thing I would most like to see in Black and White is customizable trainers. We can dress up our Pokemon, why not ourselves? And it makes perfect sense with the wifi, because everyone would naturally look unique and distinguishable. It would be really cool if we could buy new clothes at the department store too.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:14 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

you know what would be a good idea...
what ever starter you pick (fire. water, or grass)
there would be different types at certain routes

like if you choose the fire type there would be more psychic and if you chose water more flying that type of thing

Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:19 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

xxpiplupxx wrote:
you know what would be a good idea...
what ever starter you pick (fire. water, or grass)
there would be different types at certain routes

like if you choose the fire type there would be more psychic and if you chose water more flying that type of thing

That's so ... interesting.
I've never even thought about that possibility.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next