It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Features Generation V Black and White SHOULD have 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Although there is not a chance that Black and White will feature all of the past regions, I think the seasonal idea would possibly work best in a game that included all of the regions, in which at one point, it will be "winter-like" in Johto, "spring-like" in Kanto, etc. at any given time, and they would rotate once a month, offering a few different pokemon in the unique seasons.

Tue May 11, 2010 8:49 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Ajit wrote:
Although there is not a chance that Black and White will feature all of the past regions, I think the seasonal idea would possibly work best in a game that included all of the regions, in which at one point, it will be "winter-like" in Johto, "spring-like" in Kanto, etc. at any given time, and they would rotate once a month, offering a few different pokemon in the unique seasons.

Or the continent could be located on the equator, such that it's "always" summer in the middle, and the top and bottom of the continent have reverse seasons. Then we could have 3 month seasons, and (assuming the game came out in the spring), you could have Summer/Winter seasonal guys be event pokemon for the first few months??

However, if we have access to two seasons at once, I want MORE seasonal pokemon, not less. For example, I want one that is native to the northern half, and one that is native to the southerns half during the winter.

It'd also be nice to track "flocks" of cetain bird pokemon over the seasons. :P They'd be like seasonal-swarms. :P

Edit: Indeed, if the continent was set up on the equator, the center of the island would ALWAYS be "summer", so the "Summer" pokemon would be available at any time. Certain Winter pokemon would be available at the tops of mountains or in caves, as might certain spring/fall pokemon. The "bird migration" thing might be a problem if we start anywhere but the center of the land-mass, where the birds would always stay (as it's always summer), but I could see some "migrating" swarms of bird pokemon who leave the top area during the top-fall, bottom-spring then arive in the bottom during the bottom-summer, top-winter.

It's also be neat if certain times if the year we got wild-baby pokemon showing up, such as in Spring. So, let's say that the new Powerplant is in the top section - during spring, we might see wild Elekids running around.

One final thing - presumably we might have Glaceon, Leafeon, Flareon, and Vaporeon have "weather/season related evolving" as opposed to their traditional methods of evolving. This would be especially useful to get Glaceon and Leafeon.

I'd also like to see a pokemon that evolves differently during different seasons (well, or after being in battle w/ certain weather conditions and gaining a level).

Tue May 11, 2010 9:05 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

More.

Wed May 12, 2010 7:39 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I hope there are more mechanical or futuristic/modern Pokemon/evolutions.

I think it would fit the technological region.

Wed May 12, 2010 8:43 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Spoinkable wrote:

Care to say that in English?

On this vague note, I would like a "nurture/technology" theme to come into play. For example, when "the magnemite have stopped evolving" (no doubt team rocket weather experiments), we could have scientists have a way of artifically combining 3 of them to have them evolve. Furthermore, maybe if they've evolved this way the can evolve into a new 3rd form that doesn't look like someone sat on the design.

That said, I'm all for a Poygon evolution that doesn't outright bite.

Wed May 12, 2010 11:18 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Ryanh181 wrote:
You know what Gen V shouldn't have? ANOTHER DAMN PROTECT MOVE! Like Protect, Detect, so on, so forth.

I agree. Those are annoying, especially if you cycle through them. I'm hoping for a Flying type priority move to deal with Breloom (I hate that thing) and possibly a Dragon/Steel type that isn't an Uber.

Platinum:0131 6405 3972
HG:3653-2811-9825
Up for a battle anytime! Just send me a PM.

Thu May 13, 2010 5:05 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

labarith wrote:
Spoinkable wrote:

Care to say that in English?

On this vague note, I would like a "nurture/technology" theme to come into play. For example, when "the magnemite have stopped evolving" (no doubt team rocket weather experiments), we could have scientists have a way of artificially combining 3 of them to have them evolve. Furthermore, maybe if they've evolved this way the can evolve into a new 3rd form that doesn't look like someone sat on the design.

That said, I'm all for a Porygon evolution that doesn't outright bite.

I think you mean 'outright byte'....ha.

And I'll elaborate.
Basically, I just want more new Pokemon or evolutions that are tied to technological advances.
Pretty much all we've got is Porygon and his family, who's now been maxed out on stats
(so all they could really do is come up with a 'cure' for Porygon-Z and have a 'functional' alternate evo)
and Castform (since the Weather Institute made him).

Like, if they found a way to mechanically boost a few Pokemon and have them evolve and gain either Electric- or Steel-typing.
Or just plain have a few new families that are tied to technology in some way.
I think this would make sense seeing as how the new Isshu region looks like a giant city so far.

Also, I miss the days of 'there seems to be a connection between this Pokemon and Poke Balls' that basically told you a Poke Ball that gets electro-charged turns into Voltorb.
What if they made a Potion pokemon?
K, so that's a lame idea. But I like stuff like that.

Speaking of finding ways to boost Pokemon, they should create an evo for Castform. Damnit.

Thu May 13, 2010 6:24 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Spoinkable means something like {rhyperior} who uses essentially non-organic tools to evolve.

I think more of that would be cool, technology wise or not.

Thu May 13, 2010 10:56 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I don't like the idea of engineered evolutions (save Poygon and maybe 1 or 2 more like it)... it seems like a very slippery slope to Digimon.

As for Castform evolutions? I could see it, but it would be sloppy. I'd much prefer they either (a) edit his base stats (well... not MUCH prefer it), or (b) give him a new moveset (better), or (c) give him a hold item that, when he holds it, boosts him significantly (Metal Powder, Lightball-esque).

Thu May 13, 2010 11:32 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I want a daycare like in fire red where there is one daycare that holds 1 pokemon and another for breeding and an item or something that stops the daycare people teaching the poke new moves ( mabye like a phone thing and when it gets to a level where it learns something the daycare people call and ask you if you want it to learn it)

It should also have better music.

Sat May 15, 2010 6:09 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I think there should be Secret Bases like in Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, but you wouldn't have to use Secret Power to gain access to one...

Fri May 21, 2010 6:48 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

tatguy wrote:
I want a daycare like in fire red where there is one daycare that holds 1 pokemon and another for breeding and an item or something that stops the daycare people teaching the poke new moves ( mabye like a phone thing and when it gets to a level where it learns something the daycare people call and ask you if you want it to learn it)

It should also have better music.

I don't like the double-daycare... it's just so messy. For example, game-space-wise, would you rather (a) have daycare and breeding daycare, or (b) breeding daycare and one of the following - Bug contest, safari zone, goldeen-scooping contest, cloning facility, some guy who trades you random bug pokemon (maybe he gets a wifi-download or pokewalker download such that he trades you low-level versions of bugs from other people's team), "fusion" center where you fuse 3 magnemites or 3 diglets or 3 grimers to get a high-IV evolved form, or Berry-Garden where you can plant upwards of 20 berries in one spot and win an accessory to water them for you.

I think (b) is clearly the right choice.

And, FYI, the phone sucks ass. How many times do I need to hear that maybe someone's gonna try out the bug catching contest, or that berrys taste good. I f'in' beat the elite 4 like 20 times, and if I don't know about berries by now you can stop calling me.

The move deleter is there to stop your pokemon from forgetting good moves. Just don't leave your level 1 4 egg move guy in the fricking daycare for Pete's sake.

Fri May 21, 2010 7:28 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

More in-depth Pokedex entries.
Like, Gen III in-depth.

I LOVE learning more about their characteristics, and this is probably one of the most mature aspects of the entire game.
Glalie? Froslass? Gorebyss?
Learning about their cruelty has forever affected me. In the best way ever.

I want COMPLETELY new entries for ALL Pokemon.

labarith wrote:
(From New Evolutions for Old Pokemon)

I do think that there should be an effort made to make more pokemon useful, whether in-game or in-battle. For example, I think there should be areas you unlock by solving a riddle by bringing the right 6 unown to the right area. I also think there should be mini-games that work better with, say, smaller pokemon, or with certain pokemon.

I mean, I get it. Pachirisu isn't made for battles - it's made to look cute, and pick up items. But not every pokemon has even this level of use.

Adding a Tiny Battle type place to the new Battle Frontier would solve quite a bit of this.
Unown still wouldn't be used much there, but it'd give you good reason for Pachirisu and the such.

Well, k not Pachirisu, cuz it's the only one in its line.
Maybe they could just severely update the Battle Frontier.
Or add more fun Frontier-like places to more towns throughout the game.

Sat May 22, 2010 9:05 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I like the idea of there being a puzzle that you solve by bringing the right unknown with you. For example, maybe there is a daily riddle guy, who asks you questions in english (regardless of game, sorry guys) that have 3-6 letter word answers, and if you bring your unown in the right order (and only 3-6) he'll give you a prize (varries by day?). So, for example, he'll say "Both trees and dogs have this", and you'll come to him with unonw that spell "BARK".

More substinatively, I'd like there to be puzzles deep in caves where if you bring 6 unown of the right kind you unlock a secret chamber or two. Perhaps the first chamber gives you a chance at Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, etc. depending on your game, while the 2nd gives you a chamber of riches... nuggets, elemental stones ,etc. Clearly the latter would be easier to get to than the former. The idea would be that you have to bring Unown THAT Far into a cave, thus have to have trained them (or left them in the daycare FOR EVER!).

That said, I'd also be all for each unknown learning a 2nd move, different, based on it's letter. This move should be learned at, say, level 50, but there are enough "ultimate" moves such that we could have them do between 80-100 damage (after STAB is factored in for psychic moves), which would help you in the cave (also, clearly, the cave/ruins wouldn't need HMs or TMs). I figure if they're extra clever, they'll have the "answer" unown each have a different elemental attack at level 50 to help you deal with all of the rock, ground, and flying pokemon in the cave/ruins.

Mon May 24, 2010 3:02 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I LOVE the idea of Unown learning different attacks based on their letter.

Or maybe (and I don't know about the data capacity needed for this) they could learn moves of the same type as their Hidden Power?
I'm pretty sure most if not all of the types have moves that an Unown could realistically use.
Then they could just make ONE new super-powerful move for each type that would be exclusive to the Unown.

Example:
Ground Hidden Power Unown could learn Earth Power at, like, lv 25 or something, then it would learn Seismic Pulse (120 bp) at lv 50.
Normal: Tri-Attack > Hyper Beam? or maybe a new one completely
Fire: Flamethrower > Firestorm
Water: Water Pulse > Flash Flood
Grass: Magical Leaf > Nature Fury
Electric: Thunderbolt > Electrocute
Ice: Ice Beam > Whiteout
Rock: Power Gem > Granite Wave
Bug: Signal Beam > Ultrasonic
Ghost: Shadow Ball > Shadow Veil
Psychic: Psybeam/Psychic > Psycho Boost (my creativity's running low)
Poison: Sludge Bomb? > Pestilence
Flying: Air Slash > Aeroblast (please?)
Fighting: Aura Sphere > Aura Drive
Dragon: Dragon Pulse > Draco Ripple
Dark: Dark Pulse > Dirty Thoughts ... lol jk, how about Trick Master or something
Steel: Flash Cannon > Light Bend

Mon May 24, 2010 9:18 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

But their hidden power has nothing to do with their letters, thus there's a disconnect.

Besides, Game Freak could ballance an Unown team riddle. Let's say Mew is in an unlockable cave at the bottom of the deep well, with the top of the well having a masterball and requiring the same password, but different arrangement of the latters.

Say hte deep well has:
a) Slowbro/poke
b) Zubat/golbat
c) Machamp
d) Quagsire
e) Garachomp
f) [insert ice guy here.]

Unown 1 could know U-Turn, unown 2 lighting bolt, 3 aero blast, 4 energy ball, 5 ice beam, and 6 flamethrower. IE, all attacks designed to kill one of the 6 kinds of pokemon you'll find on your way down. The pokemon would be ~ level 40-50, and Unown would only learn the attacks at level 50. Thus, you're given the tools AND the puzzle pieces at the same time.
-
As for a hidden-power-generating pokemon... sure. I can see this. But it shouldn't be unown. It should be something else. For example, maybe a chamelon or fairy type pokemon that knows hidden power from the start and whose 17 movesets are designated by her hidden power (or what her hidden power would be). This could actually be VERY fun if done right, and common enough for people to notice.

Mon May 24, 2010 10:14 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I guess the game is probably already done at this point, so I'm gonna toss out an idea just for the fun of it.

In honor of our new friend Tsutaja, a move for snake and other gluttonous Pokemon:

CONSUME (POISON / SPECIAL) - The target is removed from combat for 1-6 turns forcing the opponent to swap in another Pokemon if available. Target takes 10% of HP as poison type damage per turn and 25% of damage taken this way is granted to the user as health. Damage over time status ailments remain in effect for the target during this period. The user cannot re-use CONSUME for the duration of this effect and the user's speed is reduced by half during this time. The accuracy of this move for targets of the same mass or less than the user is 100% scaling down to 0% accuracy for targets of double mass or greater. When CONSUME ends the target is returned to the opponent out of combat. The user of CONSUME cannot be swapped out and is immune to effects that would remove it from combat for the duration of the effect.

Tue May 25, 2010 11:25 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

They should have more of their own Pokemon in Black & White, for sure.
It gets boring playing a game when there's hardly any new Pokemon. I want new ones!!!

Also, they should make more Eevee evolutions.

Tue May 25, 2010 1:42 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

CONSUME (POISON / SPECIAL) - The target is removed from combat for 1-6 turns forcing the opponent to swap in another Pokemon if available. Target takes 10% of HP as poison type damage per turn and 25% of damage taken this way is granted to the user as health. Damage over time status ailments remain in effect for the target during this period. The user cannot re-use CONSUME for the duration of this effect and the user's speed is reduced by half during this time. The accuracy of this move for targets of the same mass or less than the user is 100% scaling down to 0% accuracy for targets of double mass or greater. When CONSUME ends the target is returned to the opponent out of combat. The user of CONSUME cannot be swapped out and is immune to effects that would remove it from combat for the duration of the effect.[/quote]

This sounds awesome as well, they should definitely make moves that have more than one effect, so the strategy of the games can be enhanced more.

Tue May 25, 2010 1:46 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

iFire wrote:
This sounds awesome as well, they should definitely make moves that have more than one effect, so the strategy of the games can be enhanced more.

You know, it didn't occur to me to look at the moveset of {Gulpin} and {Swalot} first since they are two consumption themed Pokemon. The various Pokedex entries imply that they do eat live prey but this isn't captured in it's moveset. SWALLOW implies it is consuming _something_ but since it has no effect on the opponent it would seem to be that it ate something else of no consequence. SWALLOW and SPIT-UP would probably have to be re-worked or disabled for use during my CONSUME move if you wanted to have it make sense.

Balance wise, I'm not sure if my move would be viable just due to the complexity though I tried to incorporate positive and negative aspects. Sure you are damaging and getting healed from an incapacitated Pokemon but you are also; 1) stuck in combat 2) half speed 3) working with only 3 of your 4 moves. Still, it would be interesting to use on an obnoxious Pokemon that you would otherwise be vulnerable to while using the health leach to tank whatever the other player is forced to put out. Plus if the target was already poisoned or burned they would waste away especially fast.

It is a bit non-standard in that it puts a damaging effect on an otherwise out-of-combat Pokemon so I don't expect we'll ever see anything quite like it, but one can always dream.

Tue May 25, 2010 3:05 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

For obvious "no one ever dies" reasons, a move based on digesting a pokemon is rather distasteful. Your "remove for X turns" mechanic is passable, but annoying... maybe have it remove the pokemon until your guy is KOed or removed, then have it return to play (bumping whoever your opponent has out then). This would fail if any other pokemon is removed in this way by other players at the time.

Tue May 25, 2010 7:21 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Oh by the way I'm assuming Black and White's battle sequences are going to feature non-stop weather effects i.e. if it is raining, it won't just show a little rain animation in between moves and say "its still raining!' Its gonna just rain throughout.

Yeah.

Think about that one.

I'm liking it myself ;)

Tue May 25, 2010 7:41 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I think what Diodon came up with actually covers all the bases...but...
Maybe instead of 10% health, something like 6.25%? 8%?
That would make it not so ridiculously overpowered, I think.

However, it would still have to be a 'these species only' type of move.
Tsujaata {swalot} {victreebel} {arbok} {seviper}
maybe {muk} {carnivine}
MAYBE {wailord} {snorlax} {dusknoir}

Tue May 25, 2010 10:03 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Spoinkable wrote:
I think what Diodon came up with actually covers all the bases...but...
Maybe instead of 10% health, something like 6.25%? 8%?
That would make it not so ridiculously overpowered, I think.

However, it would still have to be a 'these species only' type of move.
Tsujaata {swalot} {victreebel} {arbok} {seviper}
maybe {muk} {carnivine}
MAYBE {wailord} {snorlax} {dusknoir}

Wait - let me get this straight - you're for a move where one pokemon EATS the other? Mechanically the idea of "banishing" a pokemon is VERY interesting - Magic the Gathering has experimented with the concept and the cards, when costed decently, see play. The same can be said for a move that banises an opponent's pokemon if it's not the last and until the user faints/is removed.

But I have enough trouble wondering how a level 1 bulbasaur can survive being hit with a fricking lava blast without you guys advocating a move whose flavor is "I swallow you and digest you"...

Now, let me propose a move to you:
Banish - 5pp - dark normal priotity - the target of the banish is removed from combat if it isn't the opponent's last pokemon and the opponent selects another pokemon to replace it. If it is the last of the opponent's pokemon, this move fails. When the user is switched out or faints, the current out pokemon is returned and the banished pokemon is returned. Banish fails if another pokemon is already banished.

Optional: Pokemon Ability Torment - Banished pokemon and Sleeping pokemon lose 5% of their HP each turn. This cannot make a pokemon's HP go below 1.

Now the strategy is simple: You play a guy, your opponent plays a guy who is strong against your guy. You banish that guy, fight the next guy. If the next guy kills your guy, the original is put back in and you can bring out someone who is strong against that pokemon.

Are you REALLY going to tell me that this move, at 5pp, is UNDER powered? I mean, REALLY? And are you REALLY going to tell me you prefer the flavor of one pokemon consuming the other (but clearly not mechanically) to this flavor?

Tue May 25, 2010 11:23 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
Banish - 5pp - dark normal priotity

NO.

Wed May 26, 2010 6:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next