It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 Which pokemon NEEDED an evolution? 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

There have been many pokemon which were "revived" in the 4th generation thanks to their new evolutions. Lickitung, Magneton, Piloswine, just to name a few. However, there are many others who have not received such treatment, and are still left in the dark in the Never-Used tier. My question is, which pokemon do you think deserved some form of boost in Generation 4, but never got it?

To begin, I'm of the firm opinion that Farfetch'd was most in need of help. He's a cool pokemon to be sure, and has his own unique item, but his stats and typing let him down on many levels.

Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:32 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I was always hoping for another evolution for Haunter. Gengar doesn't look too much like him, so i figured they could evolve him into a different pokemon with a dusk stone or something of the sort. Kind of like Gloom can evolve into Vileplume or Bellossom. I also thought Plusle and Minun needed an evolved form. Then there's the infamous Kangaskhan cub. I could think of a couple of pokemon who need a (pre-)evolution, like Heracross, Qwilfish, Delibird, Skarmory, Corsola, Shuckle, Dunsparce. Also, like the Haunter idea, I think they should do that with Snubbull. Another evolution that's not so ugly.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:44 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Ryanh181 wrote:
I was always hoping for another evolution for Haunter. Gengar doesn't look too much like him, so i figured they could evolve him into a different pokemon with a dusk stone or something of the sort. Kind of like Gloom can evolve into Vileplume or Bellossom. I also thought Plusle and Minun needed an evolved form. Then there's the infamous Kangaskhan cub. I could think of a couple of pokemon who need a (pre-)evolution, like Heracross, Qwilfish, Delibird, Skarmory, Corsola, Shuckle, Dunsparce. Also, like the Haunter idea, I think they should do that with Snubbull. Another evolution that's not so ugly.

Shuckle doesn't really need an evolved form due to its stats.
But Dunsparce, Heracross, Qwilfish, Skarmory, and Corsola...I can get behind the idea that they could go forth and evolve.
I think I've always been itching for a Dunsparce evolution the most. It's just such a strange pokemon...

Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:28 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Draikette wrote:
Ryanh181 wrote:
But Dunsparce, Heracross, Qwilfish, Skarmory, and Corsola...I can get behind the idea that they could go forth and evolve.

But Heracross and Skarmory have MUCH better stat distributions than Shuckle does. They can actually do something other than sit there and are much more useful in general. They are two Pokemon that definitely do NOT need evolutions, as they've consistently stayed standard throughout three Generations. Hell, Skarmory is still arguably the best Physical sponge in the game, evolving it would be like the second coming of Blissey.

Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:53 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Frost wrote:
Draikette wrote:
Ryanh181 wrote:

But Heracross and Skarmory have MUCH better stat distributions than Shuckle does. They can actually do something other than sit there and are much more useful in general. They are two Pokemon that definitely do NOT need evolutions, as they've consistently stayed standard throughout three Generations. Hell, Skarmory is still arguably the best Physical sponge in the game, evolving it would be like the second coming of Blissey.

What I meant was shuckle's defense and special defense couldn't get any higher.
A LOT of pokemon have better stat distributions than it does.
But there are also evolutions out there that are weaker than it too.
*shrugs*
This isn't something I care enough to argue about.
I'm not putting down someone elses' opinion.

Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:37 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

For all intents and purposes Quilfish needed an evolution. I always thought of it as a cool Pokemon, but its stats and typing just let it down in battle.

Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:23 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

shinashu taji wrote:
For all intents and purposes Quilfish needed an evolution. I always thought of it as a cool Pokemon, but its stats and typing just let it down in battle.

There are plenty of pokemon that could get evolutions to raise them into a higher tier, but the fact is that Nintendo wants to keep some pokemon weaker. It's an RPG, there are intended to be tiers, or pokemon with different levels of overall usability. Some pokemon are intended to be cool in NU.

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:57 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Pokemon is about more then battling these days as well.

For coordinators/contest pokemon trainers it just seems a lot better to have pokemon such as Pichu, shuckle and farfetch'd in these contests rather then big monstorous pokemon like charizard or Metagross.

I mean, of course that is an opinion but it is reasonable.

Pokemon would become pointless if they were to create nothing but battle heavy pokemon. The feel and legendary status would drop drastically in my opinion.

Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:14 pm
Profile ICQ
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, if were talking about battling, then I think that these pokemon need an evolution:

Farfetch'd
Spinda
Shuckle
Quilfish
Corsola
Delibird
Dunsparce (Definitely!)
Ninetales
Eevee ( their half way there, now they just need to make eeveelutions for the other types. I want a Dragon Eevee! I want a Steel Eevee!)
Ditto
Pachirisu

And then there are the Pre-evolutions:

Skarmory
Kanghaskan (I mean, really, they NEED a baby kanghaskan! Perfect for contests!)
Onyx(Do you really expect it to be THAT gigantic as soon as it hatches from its egg?)
Vulpix ( If they don't ever make another evolution for it)
Pachirisu

Alternate Evolutions:
Haunter
Poochyena

That's just my opinion, anyways. Of course pokemon isn't just abot battling, but evolution is optional, and it does provide more variety. If you're a Contest person, you don't have to evolve your pokemon into huge heavyweights like dragonite and tyranitar.

Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:12 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i definately thought that several Pokémon needed a boost like Ditto, Haunter (definately needs a alternate), Ninetales (or an alternate for Vulpix) and i dont really see how Shuckle needs an evolution

Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:26 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I know this would never happen but, I would love to see Steelix evolve. He doesn't need an evolution by no means but being my favorite pokemon behind Onix, I think it would be a nice little dream come true moment for me. Maybe instead of seeing Steelix evolve, Onix could evolve into a more attack based pokemon that keeps his Rock type. Ruinix is something I thought of while sleeping one night.

I would like to see stat changes for Onix and a pre-evo.

Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:24 am
Profile ICQ
Lite Four
Lite Four

Unlike most people, I was happy with most of the new Sinnoh evolutions, except Gallade and Weavile (but Sneasel really could have used a new evolution, Gallade is totally unnecessary though.)

I'd like to see Qwilfish evolve and get an evolution that would make him a little bit more....noticeable? Does anyone even know Qwilfish exists?

Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:02 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Personally, I really would have liked a Sableye evolution.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:45 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Crosman wrote:
Pokemon is about more then battling these days as well.

For coordinators/contest pokemon trainers it just seems a lot better to have pokemon such as Pichu, shuckle and farfetch'd in these contests rather then big monstorous pokemon like charizard or Metagross.

I mean, of course that is an opinion but it is reasonable.

Pokemon would become pointless if they were to create nothing but battle heavy pokemon. The feel and legendary status would drop drastically in my opinion.

I definitely understand your opinion, but I'm not really wanting every pokemon to have a "battle heavy" option, just, well.....an option. For example, one of my favourite pokemon is Chatot. Yes, he's another normal/flying pokemon, and he's definitely not a terrifying presence, but he's usable, thanks to his non-horrible stats. When I see Farfetch'd, a bird who uses it's leek like a sword, I see a duck ronin, something you'd expect to have at least decent attack power.

As for contests, yes, even the often-ridiculed Luvdisc could find a nice spot in a cute contest, but it's still(pardon the expression) drowning in a sea of other water pokemon. It could use at least something to help it stand out, you know?

Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:05 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Corsol, Delibird, and Dawn.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:57 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I wish {skarmory} had a pre-evolve form and also {aerodactyl}
also {pincer} should evolve into something more cool looking

Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:15 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I think Skarmory deserves an evolution. It's an awesome Pokemon to have. It would be cool if it's evolved form was a phoenix. That would kick butt!

Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:12 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Part of me can't help but think that some of the evolutions were made just to remind us of some of the older, less noticed pokemon. I can't ever see a need for the likes of Ambipom or Lickylicky, and to be honest, when training pokemon, I would never give Lickitung or Aipom a second glance anyway.

Others I am really glad for; for me, Togetic was just a disappointment; I was so hyped to get a Togepi back in Gold after seeing Misty obtain one (was that really nine years ago? I don't even remember being 10), then when it finally evolved, it just wasn't worth anything in battle.

And I was very disappointed when they gave Electabuzz and Magmar evolutions, but they neglected poor ol' Jynxie. I wonder if they were scared because of that face color issue?

As for the Eevee line...my logical mind says it has to stop; there are too many, they're getting old an unoriginal, and the latest two can only be obtained in Sinnoh thus far, but my girl at heart really wants to see what they come up with for the last 8-9 types, and just how far they can push the lines and limits of evolution. We have evolution by radioactive stone, by loyalty mixed with the position the UV rays are coming from, and by a pair of lei lines; what more can they do? That childish part in me also really want to see if they can actually go through with designing a pure flying type, or what the secondary type to the winged mutant fox kit would be.

Others that needed evolutions and/or babies more than some of the ones who got them: Pinsir, Kecleon, Sableye, Miltank/Tauros, Lapras, and Houndoom. Not just because I like them, either, because, really, I don't. I don't really like any of those pokemon, but I still think they deserved something. And they linked the Hitmons together, so why not the cows?

Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:04 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

PERSONALLY, I FEEL LIKE DAT IF U GONNA GIVE A BIRD POKEMON LIKE MURKROW AN EVOLVUTION, WHY THEY DIDN'T JUS GIVE FARFETCH'D AN EVOLUTION! MURKROW AND FARFETCH'D BOTH MEASURE UP DA SAME OVERALL STATS! don't y'all think??

I ALSO THINK DAT STARYU SHOULD GET A FINAL EVOLUTION!

STARYU > STARMIE > STARUS
v v
(water stone) | lvl 50 via trade while holding up-grade

STARUS WOULD BE ONE OF DA BEST EVOLUTIONS IN POKEMON!!

[url=http://img220.imageshack.us/i/6b954f74362dc92b735f849.png/][img]http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/1052/6b954f74362dc92b735f849.png[/img][/url]

Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:06 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

PokeMasterBaller wrote:
PERSONALLY, I FEEL LIKE DAT IF U GONNA GIVE A BIRD POKEMON LIKE MURKROW AN EVOLVUTION, WHY THEY DIDN'T JUS GIVE FARFETCH'D AN EVOLUTION! MURKROW AND FARFETCH'D BOTH MEASURE UP DA SAME OVERALL STATS! don't y'all think??

I ALSO THINK DAT STARYU SHOULD GET A FINAL EVOLUTION!

STARYU > STARMIE > STARUS
v v
(water stone) | lvl 50 via trade while holding up-grade

STARUS WOULD BE ONE OF DA BEST EVOLUTIONS IN POKEMON!!

And it can look something like this.

seriously though, if you ask me, Starmie is powerful enough as it is. It doesn't need an evolution. And you might want to ease down on the caps lock. It makes your posts harder to read, and it's hard to take you seriously when you type in all caps. You can get your point across by typing normally like anyone else.

Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]