It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 What do you think the theme of the new games will be? 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Lawence Codye wrote:
Greatwolf67 wrote:
The name is apparently Black and White so likely Light and Dark.

I know...this news blew my mind when I heard it, now I really hope they use my day/night idea or something simular enough...

Well, they like their colors, Nintendo does. They usually only do two part names for re-makes it looks like.

Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:00 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Dan Roswald wrote:
Well, they like their colors, Nintendo does. They usually only do two part names for re-makes it looks like.

I have no idea why you put these words together into one statement. It makes no sense.

Maybe the third will be Grey/Gray?

I'm SO EXCITED to hear more about them!!!

Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:19 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

@Spoinkable - It was early and I was doing 10 things at the same time...

My point was that Day and Night aren't colors, and in order to make them into Nintendo-friendly names, they need a color attached, making them two-part names, (i.e. Day White and Night Black) but they only do that with re-make games like FR/LG and HG/SS.

Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:34 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Dan Roswald wrote:

My point was that Day and Night aren't colors, and in order to make them into Nintendo-friendly names, they need a color attached, making them two-part names, (i.e. Day White and Night Black) but they only do that with re-make games like FR/LG and HG/SS.

maybe we will see crisp emerald, shiny ruby, and polished sapphire.

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:46 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

KingErick wrote:
Dan Roswald wrote:

maybe we will see crisp emerald, shiny ruby, and polished sapphire.

lawl

Maybe they'd take a completely different approach and do something like
Ocean Sapphire, Sky Emerald and .... Terra Ruby or something.
Ha, idk

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:27 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I can't even see them re-making R/S/E, but I guess, it's bound to happen.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:46 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

The games are called Black and White. My idea is that the new games will deal with Good and Evil. We know that Zoroark is supposed to be an "Evil Pokemon", that's what I have read at least. So, who is the "Good Pokemon", if there will be one? Good and Evil, Black and White. Possibly, the story might be a conflict interest. Look at the logos. There are black and white on both logos. I can't help but think of Yin and Yang when I see those logos. I know it's Chinese, but look at Yin and Yang. Maybe a "Good" Legend and a "Bad" Legend, but they co-exist to help each other in some way. Like they are connected, or intertwined. I wouldn't be surprised if they did this to show that the human race needs to come together and help each other, instead of fighting. Or just to show kids that helping people is good. Idk. I've had this idea since I first saw the logos. Maybe it's just too in depth for Pokemon, and wishful thinking on my part. It would be interesting, though imo.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:44 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Pokemon Spirit Black and Soul White?

I guess it could be something to do with like uhm...maintaining the balance of both light and dark in the world of the videogame.

Perhaps a legendary is being unleashed or something and is causing some sort of imbalance in the world, like in pokemon spirit black it would make the entire game dark at one point only having lights in the game light your way around or in pokemon soul white it would hm well I don't know, I'm thinking too much lol.

Just throwing some ideas out there. :)

Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:08 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Algradon wrote:

no because they already got soul silver

Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:55 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

KingErick wrote:
Algradon wrote:

And these aren't re-makes.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:36 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Dan Roswald wrote:
KingErick wrote:
Algradon wrote:

And these aren't re-makes.

what if the pulled a 2nd gen on us and allowed us to travel somewhere remade after we are done with our journey??

like hoenn?

Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:19 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

KingErick wrote:
what if the pulled a 2nd gen on us and allowed us to travel somewhere remade after we are done with our journey??

like hoenn?

Hoenn would be SO *****IN with the new system!!!!
*sigh* If only.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:41 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Well if there called black and white could that mean good and evil

Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:37 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
What would really be shocking is if Black meant Good & White meant Evil...I know this isn't going to happen but could you imagine...

But no, seriously the 3rd Game might actually end up not being Grey Version per say but maybe another weird color that doesn't fit with the other 2...I mean they didn't make Red, Blue/Green & Purple Version but Red, Blue/Green & Yellow Version so...maybe another special version for the 3rd Game based off of a certain pokemon maybe...or maybe not...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:00 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

what be cool is that they bring back "shadow" pokemon and mabye make "light" pokemon and stories about that

Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:52 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Shadow Ninjask wrote:
what be cool is that they bring back "shadow" pokemon and mabye make "light" pokemon and stories about that

They might actually be attempting to do that at least based on the title for the games, & that one screenshot I saw with the rocks charged with energy...it would be nice if they did this though...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:18 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Maybe have more competing enemy teams like Magma and Aqua, each creating "shadow" and "brilliant" pokemon, made into [more powerful in attack/defence] mindless hulks with limited pan-movepools like in the gamecube games? And you have to purify them?

What I'm kind of say is with Zekrom and Reshiram coming into play early in the game, and they're creating the shadow pokemon, or the brilliant pokemon, but you don't fight them until later.

Gah, hard to explain, but do you get what I'm saying?

Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:55 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I don't know if this is considered necromancy (6 days isn't that long...) but, the theme, according to the legendaries, is Yin/Yang. Where Zekrom is the Yin Pokemon, and Reshiram is the Yang Pokemon. I believe it will most likely have to do with the balance of nature and technology (modern cities and such), seeing as the both of the have what appear to be thrusters or turbines for tails.

Also, people who are complaining about the criminal bad guys, I think the main reason they stopped being tolerable is because they (everybody after the first two gens) were villains, not criminals. A criminal is somebody who robs, kills, threatens and terrorizes. A villain is just an evil-doer, and most of the time these evil-doers are simply misguided ne'er-do-wells. Cyrus was a misguided fool who believed in the corruption of humanity and believed everybody but himself deserved to be destroyed, he was a total hypocrite and blinded by his own arrogance, now that is actually a good villain, only problem is they didnt do anything with it and his plan was completely retarded. He just kind of did his job as the bad guy and left, he didnt teach you anything or learn anything himself, he was just a Starly, a replacement for Pidgey (Cyrus being a replacement for Giovanni, if you didnt understand the analogy). I was actually fine with Maxie and Archie except that their plans were also completely retarded. They returned the orbs, realized their attempt was foolish and misguided and left in peace. Wheras Cyrus was just a douche who resolved nothing and was just a placeholder for the "next bad guy." There was a total plot hole at the end because Cyrus just left, he didnt say anything, or admit his mistakes or throw a fit, he just left. Lame.

Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:59 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

if i remember correctly, necromancy is after two weeks, so you're good, i think.

yin and yang would make the most sense, to me. black and white = (as far as conflicts) yin/yang. i don't think it'll neccessarily be about nature v. man or anything like that (tho it's a possibility). my idea would be more like finding the line between doing good and doing evil. but that could be a little intense for youngsters (tho it would explain the older characters, if they amp up morality).

archie and maxie all the waaaaaaayyyy!!!! lol jkjk, but gen 3 was one of my faves.... the conflicting teams was interesting, bu if they do it again, can they both be bad guys?? i just think that'd be more acceptable/interesting...

Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:45 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

LeoTheLion wrote:
Hm. Another thing I think they might attempt is the four seasons. Using the DS clock/date they could make things correspond with the seasons and that isn't below The Pokemon Company to do something like that. I'd imagine Pokemon Solstice and Pokemon Equinox would be the names in that case. The legendaries wouldn't be too unfabulous either.

I didn't exactly mean Giovanni leading from the shadows, necessarily, only that he shouldn't be announced ingame as Giovanni. Like... Steve. Or something. But he should say things like "I couldn't have asked my son to lead..." or "My days as a Gym Leader were short." or something. Then you could have Admin Jesse and Admin James... THAT would rock.

EVERYBODY. YOU SAW IT HERE FIRST. It's probable now. :D

~A haiku

I disable smilies because I do not smile.

Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:21 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Savage Hunter wrote:
Also, people who are complaining about the criminal bad guys, I think the main reason they stopped being tolerable is because they (everybody after the first two gens) were villains, not criminals. A criminal is somebody who robs, kills, threatens and terrorizes. A villain is just an evil-doer, and most of the time these evil-doers are simply misguided ne'er-do-wells. Cyrus was a misguided fool who believed in the corruption of humanity and believed everybody but himself deserved to be destroyed, he was a total hypocrite and blinded by his own arrogance, now that is actually a good villain, only problem is they didnt do anything with it and his plan was completely retarded. He just kind of did his job as the bad guy and left, he didnt teach you anything or learn anything himself, he was just a Starly, a replacement for Pidgey (Cyrus being a replacement for Giovanni, if you didnt understand the analogy). I was actually fine with Maxie and Archie except that their plans were also completely retarded. They returned the orbs, realized their attempt was foolish and misguided and left in peace. Wheras Cyrus was just a douche who resolved nothing and was just a placeholder for the "next bad guy." There was a total plot hole at the end because Cyrus just left, he didnt say anything, or admit his mistakes or throw a fit, he just left. Lame.

Yeah, I think that the good characters were let down by weak plots which are just too ambitious. I mean, I liked the Gen 3 storyline (Despite Maxie's overbearing stupidity... No water? wtf?), but Gen 4 wasn't as good... I miss team rocket and await Giovanni's return.

I completed the Nuzlocke Challenge,give it a go!
FC (Rackham): 2751 3755 8475 (HG)

Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:17 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I think in a Oha suta trailer they showed a guy with long green hair with a golden guantlet on holding a orb. he looked pretty evil
i no it wasnt "N"

Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:08 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

theme is simple. get 8 badges defeat the villains, defeat the e4, become champ, complete the national dex.
- dark {charizard}

Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:45 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

dark_charizard15 wrote:
theme is simple. get 8 badges defeat the villains, defeat the e4, become champ, complete the national dex.

that's never been the theme of the games.... it's usually something about be good to your pokes, or don't be evil; stupid stuff like that. what you listed is what actually happens throughout the game.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:13 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

About the guy in the trailer, i'm pretty sure he was holding a crown. now, when you think about how the bad guys look like knights then he is most likely the leader and assuming some sort of king role upon himself. and i think the theme is to respect pokemon and nature and treat them as equals rather than destroying nature and using pokemon like slaves just for our own good. sort of cliche i guess, seeing how it's basically saying GO GREEN. and be nice to pokemon, but whatever. aren't they all that way?

Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next