It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:35 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1047 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 42  Next
 BW Pre-Release News Thread - FIN! 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Frost wrote:

seeing somebody claim the unnamed trio looked like Carnivine, Probopass and Mawile evolutions was a far harsher kick in my brain.

That is so true Frost, so true indeed.

Anyways,
mole family: Awesome. looking forward to seeing which types it has.
sarcophagus: Okay, but the hands could be better.
Tarantula thingy: It's okay, but it looks too similar to Ariads to me.
Pokemon next to mole evolution: Looks like Isshu's version of dragonite.
Unnamed 1 (again, from left to right): Wait, what? What the hell is this thing? seeems like another castform forme.
Unnamed 2: Looks like another heatran
Unnamed 3: Cool! It seems like a dark Gardevoire to me.

Overall, the new pokemon are neat, but some are definitely lacking.

Triple battles are cool though.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:36 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

About the triple battle....doesn't it seem like Nintendo is grasping at straws a little on this one?

And as far as the new designs go, they don't look promising. The only one I kinda like out of the starters is the grass type. I always take the fire type first, then the water and eventually the grass, but the other too look kinda pathetic to me, so for the first time, I'll be taking grass. That is, unless the final evolutions persuade me otherwise.

Last edited by Dan Roswald on Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:42 pm
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Dan Roswald wrote:
About the triple battle....doesn't it seem like Nintendo is grasping at straws a little on this one?

So very true...I am really, really dreading this addition so much, especially now even more so then before...

nomnom52 wrote:
Pokemon next to mole evolution: Looks like Isshu's version of dragonite.
Unnamed 1 (again, from left to right): Wait, what? What the hell is this thing? seeems like another castform forme.

More like Isshu's version of either Tyranitar or Aggron, but yes, yes it does...
I never though of that, yes it does & while that makes me look forward to it a little more, I still absolutely dispise whatever decided that this thing was acceptable as a pokemon even...

Frost wrote:
Moguryuu is a mole and evolves into Doryuuzu. No relation to Mamepato at all.

Thank You!...

Ryanh181 wrote:
Denchura = I really like elctric pokemon, and people are saying he might be electric, and the concept of a tarantula is awesome. Gotta get him. (Bug/Electric)

Never though of that, makes it look alot more appealing to me...

Ryanh181 wrote:
Well, Just by observing all the new B&W pokemon revealed so far, I think they're focusing on Dark type A LOT. And maybe Psychic as well.

Most likely...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:19 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Frost wrote:
I'm surprised that people haven't compared the golden-armored thing to Giratina yet in all honesty

rex09 wrote:
TRIPLE BATTLES!!!!!!!!! that's going to be some epic sh!t right there. and i like the yellow sandshrew/giratina thingy

anyways....
triple battles- will introduce a new way to play that we will all undoubtedly come to appreciate, at minimum. and i'm sure there's some sort of plan for it (probably an addition to the battle tower). maybe we'll see 3 v. 3 matches?? with each player having two?? that could be really cool, imo...
new pokemon- some cool, some not so much. the weird maid looking thing reminds me of (weirdly) a glameow crossbred with like, lopunny or something. idk, it's just weird.... the sandshrew/giratina thing is so far my favorite, with the rock/crystal thing being a second.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:48 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

These new Pokemon make me cry. The weird Humanoid thing just fails at life, so does the big spikey thing. I liked the first 10 or so new Pokemon but these last eight are just terrible. I really would have rather had a new Colosseum/XD sequel than this.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:27 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Ryanh181 wrote:
P.S, Mektar, you are really pessimistic. Even more than I used to be.

You can tell? I was trying to be funny...

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:48 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I love all of the new Pokemon we've seen so far, but I'm a fairly positive person.

As far as the triple battle, it seems to me that they're treating it like they treated double battles in Gen III.
That is, it looks like it'll only be able to happen every now and then, and be totally optional otherwise.
My reasoning for this is that we see a few double battles in there.
They're probably just testing the waters to see if it's a good idea, because we ALL know it's been a question on our minds since double battles were so standardized.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:39 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

triple battles are a dangerous concept since speed will be such a big factor...

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:54 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

KingErick wrote:

Speed's a big factor in 1v1 battles. I have to guess whether I'm fast enough to get an attack off before my guy dies or switch out.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:09 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Spoinkable wrote:
I love all of the new Pokemon we've seen so far, but I'm a fairly positive person.

As far as the triple battle, it seems to me that they're treating it like they treated double battles in Gen III.
That is, it looks like it'll only be able to happen every now and then, and be totally optional otherwise.
My reasoning for this is that we see a few double battles in there.
They're probably just testing the waters to see if it's a good idea, because we ALL know it's been a question on our minds since double battles were so standardized.

personally, i think it's kinda too late to be testing the waters. they really should have done that with beta testers. if they're releasing triple battles, it's not like they're going to take it away in gen 6 all of a sudden. besides, i think this'll be pretty interesting and fun (personally, i'm hoping for 3 on 3 battles, with two pokes each).

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:39 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Dan Roswald wrote:
KingErick wrote:

Speed's a big factor in 1v1 battles. I have to guess whether I'm fast enough to get an attack off before my guy dies or switch out.

Yeah but most likely it will be even more of a factor in 3 VS 3 battles seeing as 3 of your pokemon could be wiped out in a single turn if all of your opponent's pokemon are all faster then all 3 of your pokemon & with IVs & Evs & what not, you can be sure that this will happen to a notable amount of people, which would suck a little too much...

Regardless, I'm still not happy about this, why not just work more on double battles instead?...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:14 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Honestly, I'm an avid fan of the old school generations myself. But, I have to say that I am thoroughly impressed with this new installment in the series. I have yet to be dissappointed by any of the recent unveilings of new pokemon. If i didn't know any better I would have assumed that the company had a new designer. I'm looking forward to the tough decision of which starter is the better of the three, for me, anyway. Personally, I'm a sucker for the fire type but a fire pig just doesn't sound like my cup of tea. However, the little squishy water bear/otter combination is just adorable but, I also like the strange grass reptile with the funny worm shape. The only solution to this problem is to buy both games and trade over the missing two to go through the game with all three to really see which is my favorite.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:29 am
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Can you imagine getting slammed by surf from a Palkia and Vaporeon, and hit by water spout from a Kyogre in the same turn? 0_____o

Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:56 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Cactuar wrote:
Can you imagine getting slammed by surf from a Palkia and Vaporeon, and hit by water spout from a Kyogre in the same turn? 0_____o

Yes I can, because all of the best teams don't have very many common weaknesses.
Sure, the Gym Leaders would dominate each other, but not anyone with strategy..

Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:05 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

lol what if there was going to be a gym that had triplets for its leaders??? and how would you initiate a triple battle with others?? one to the north, east, and west, and you just happen to walk into the spot where their gazes intersect?? hmmm.....

Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:44 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

rex09 wrote:
lol what if there was going to be a gym that had triplets for its leaders??? and how would you initiate a triple battle with others?? one to the north, east, and west, and you just happen to walk into the spot where their gazes intersect?? hmmm.....

Hm, like those sisters south of Goldenrod.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:52 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

actually, what i had in mind was the three trainers north of the battle zone thingy.... (the place where the battle tower is in DP) but your example makes more sense.
________1

2 ______x ______3

basically, this is what i had in mind, for a triple battle. when you hit the x, then you'll enter the battle. trainers 1-2-3 will each have two pokemon. and you can use all six of yours. and, that's what i'm hoping for.....
EDIT: god d*** spaces don't work, have to use underline thingys.....

Last edited by rex09 on Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:15 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I think the concept of a triple battle is pretty complicated but I'm looking forward to the strange new challenge in the up-coming games. I'm actually more used to double battles so maybe it won't be too tough to get used to. I have to say that I expected this. When it comes to Pokemon it seems the only answer to improvement to to add more somewhere. They're doing a great job this time. The 4th generation really disappointed me.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:07 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

so let's see, every other generation (odd numbered ones, at least) have a new form of battle.... so in gen 11, we'll see 6 v. 6 battles :-D now that'll be the day....

Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:57 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Spoinkable wrote:
Cactuar wrote:

Yes I can, because all of the best teams don't have very many common weaknesses.

True, but sometimes type advantage isn't a factor in a crushing defeat, they are going to suck by a reasonable amount competitively but suck a hell of alot ingame like post story & what not...

Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:18 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Lawence Codye wrote:
Spoinkable wrote:
Cactuar wrote:

True, but sometimes type advantage isn't a factor in a crushing defeat, they are going to suck by a reasonable amount competitively but suck a hell of alot ingame like post story & what not...

wait, for the sucking part, are you talking about triple battles??
some of the new pokemon are starting to grow on me. other than the giratina shrew/mole, the giant mole next to it also looks pretty good. and the green ghost thing next to the crystal monster also looks cool. this batch is much better than the last, imo.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:37 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

rex09 wrote:
wait, for the sucking part, are you talking about triple battles??

Yes, that's what me & every other person you quoted was talking about...

Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:55 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I gotta say, all of the new pokemon in those new 3v3 and 2v2 screenshots look AWES0ME. My hopes are definitely rising for Black/White. :D

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:14 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Some of the 8 Pokemon they released recently look pretty cool. I like the yellow, red, and black Pokemon. And the 3-on-3 battles is awesome too.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:28 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Do we know what system these games will be for yet?

FC:
5414 2352 1981 (Soul Silver)
4642 7245 1078 (White 2)

Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:47 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 1047 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 42  Next