It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:23 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1047 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 42  Next
 BW Pre-Release News Thread - FIN! 
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
While I like the idea of a Naga pokemon, I am not hoping for it in regards to Tsutaaja as it would lose it's elegance if that were to happen...meh, I can deal with this possibility, ok...

Cephas wrote:
It may interest you to know that some internet sleuths over at Bulbagarden seem to have determined the trademarked romaji for the starters. Apparently, TPCi has registered pokabu.com, mijumaru.com, and tsutarja.com. So I guess we're all supposed so switch from Tsutaaja to Tsutarja. Here's a link to the original thread for those interested: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=63621

This is completely irrelevant to me until further arguments are made or whatever...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sun May 16, 2010 12:02 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Smugleaf seems to be gaining the most popularity in the internet, followed by Pignition, where as DerpDerp is currently receiving the most hate, ridicule and pity at the same time (Carebear is the kindest name I read given to it). I think the only thing it lacks right now is the meme 'they see me rollin...'. And so it seems that there are indeed more people who actually see similarities between DerpDerp and {mime jr.} .

Anyway, I hope smugleaf doesn't lose his legs. It would look a bit awkward? I dunno. A large pair of claws would satisfy me to support the 'vesticial claws/legs' of the massive snakes in real life.

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Sun May 16, 2010 12:05 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

derpy derp hurrr mudkipz am i cool yet

Sun May 16, 2010 4:46 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Pokemon Sunday have released some new information on the battle scene in black and white:

- First of all it's only the background that's static (still). Everything else is in motion at all times.

- The sprites of pokemon move all the time.

- On some attacks the camera zooms out.

- Battles go faster than any of the games in the past of teh series.

(i know this info is on the main site but i think it ought to be posted in the News thread.)

Last edited by WirelessBrain on Sun May 16, 2010 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 16, 2010 5:18 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Darkrai-follower wrote:
- The back sprites of pokemon move all the time

It's not just the back sprites, the opponents Pokemon moves as well.

Sun May 16, 2010 7:39 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Darkrai-follower wrote:
Pokemon Sunday have released some new information on the battle scene in black and white:
- First of all it's only the background that's static. Everything else is in move at all times

- on some attacks the camera zooms out

- Battles go faster than any of the ones in the past

(i know this info is on the main site but i think it ought to be posted in the News thread.)

Zooming and quicker sound amazing

Sun May 16, 2010 8:11 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

pokemon_god wrote:
Darkrai-follower wrote:

It's not just the back sprites, the opponents Pokemon moves as well.

Yeah..Don't know why I just said back sprites, i'll edit my last post.

Sun May 16, 2010 8:40 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Darkrai-follower wrote:

- First of all it's only the background that's static (still). Everything else is in motion at all times.

- The sprites of pokemon move all the time.

- On some attacks the camera zooms out.

- Battles go faster than any of the games in the past of teh series.

That sounds really cool!!

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Sun May 16, 2010 9:00 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'm not entirely sure you guy's have seen this, but here's somg B&W battle footage:

http://www.destructoid.com/animated-pok ... 3804.phtml

The pokemon are like dancin' and ****.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Sun May 16, 2010 11:38 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ryanh181 wrote:
I'm not entirely sure you guy's have seen this, but here's somg B&W battle footage:

http://www.destructoid.com/animated-pok ... 3804.phtml

The pokemon are like dancin' and ****.

I knew there was footage, the main site said but i couldnt find it...That's so freeking awsome though!!

Sun May 16, 2010 1:08 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Darkrai-follower wrote:
I knew there was footage, the main site said but i couldnt find it...That's so freeking awsome though!!

Yeah, I was puzzled when they posted about it on the front page but couldn't find the vid anywhere, I ended up seeing it via another forum I visited today...this is what I would call a true evolution for the Pokemon franchise which I only really saw via the 4th Gen due to the DS touch screen features & so on...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Sun May 16, 2010 4:07 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:
...this is what I would call a true evolution for the Pokemon franchise which I only really saw via the 4th Gen due to the DS touch screen features & so on...

Yeah it really is! Imagine seeing this back in the days when RBY were 'normal'...It's just. Mad. It's changed so much, for the better obviously.

Sun May 16, 2010 4:43 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

It seems to me like Firepig while end up being Fire/Ground type. That's disappointing, but I think they're trying to steer people away from always selecting the fire starter by making it a terrible type combo and by making it look, well.... like a dork. I predict in its final form, it'll have large tusks and a flaming mane, almost like a Pumba (Lion King) from hell.

As for the grass starter, they'll have to move away from the large lizard standing on two legs deal, as Sceptile already has that covered. I predict it'll end up being a large lizard on all fours, like a monitor lizard of sorts. Somebody suggested a Grass/Dark type, and I think it's very possible and I like that idea. I can also see it being Grass/Psychic.

They'll have to be careful with the Water starter. Right now it has potential to end up as a "clone" of Floatzel, Walrein, or Dewgong. At the same time, it'd be very difficult to make an Otter look intimidating. For the sake of the Anime, or perhaps as a sidestory/sidequest in the actual game, I'd like to see a relationship between Gen V Water starter and Shellder, or Clamperl (since Otters eat bivalves on their stomach).

It doesn't seem very plausible that we will be able to explore every region to date after completing the Isshu region. Somebody suggested the idea of being able to visit individual cities of each region, but honestly I don't like that idea. I don't want to be able to go to Hoenn only to be able to visit Lilycove City of Mossdeep Island. Hoenn is next in line for a revisit, so I think if we'll be able to visit an old region, it'll be Hoenn.

http://obeliskgfx.wordpress.com

Mon May 17, 2010 2:48 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

that battle footage looks amazing, I was definitely impressed with the motion... BUT... I was disappointed in the "zooming". It felt kind of awkward, not epic and stuff like I expected.

Mon May 17, 2010 3:23 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

This is really cute :3

Also i believe the water starter looks more like a PANDA than an otter. I don't know if anyone's mentioned that yet but yeah ;] makes sense to me though cos we already got buisel in the last batch!

Tue May 18, 2010 7:19 pm
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

That is really cute & yes, I also think that it looks like a mix up of a panda with a otter with a snowball head & will probably reflect this via evolution...it really looks cute & **** weird at the same time...

Wed May 19, 2010 12:25 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

So there's a chance he will evolve into a big a$$ giant panda? That's quite reasonable.

Wed May 19, 2010 7:43 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Y`know... Mijimaru LOOKS cute, but it`s final is gonna be badass i know it. Just like how I underestimated piplup and got it for diamond. But... Cyndaquil to Typhlosion is the most badass starter transformation yet. Am I right?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mijimaru is gonna be badass.... I KNOW it. Besides... what`s more badass than cute to badass? I need to stop saying badass... *thinks: NO I LIEK SAYING BADASS!* Starters: Diamond-Piplup Platinum-Turtwig SS-Cyndiquil B/W-Mijimaru

Wed May 19, 2010 5:53 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

ZNG1216 wrote:
Y`know... Mijimaru LOOKS cute, but it`s final is gonna be badass i know it. Just like how I underestimated piplup and got it for diamond. But... Cyndaquil to Typhlosion is the most badass starter transformation yet. Am I right?

Are you right or are you right? You are absolutely right good sir...

AceTrainer wrote:
So there's a chance he will evolve into a big a$$ giant panda? That's quite reasonable.

Yeah, I see it becoming a big a$$ grown ass panda bear, I also though see it in the case that it became a Fighting Type by adaptation being a Kung-Fu Panda+Otter...

Wed May 19, 2010 8:14 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I don't know where the panda idea came from. It makes absolutely no sense.
Why would a PANDA have a tail that long or a clamshell on its belly or whiskers or that nose or be a Water-type.

I rest my case.

Thu May 20, 2010 10:18 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

hey guys,the grass starters head looks like a Twig Snake's Head and colouration! LOLZ!and pokabu doesn't need to be grilled!self served backon

Most wanted shinies: {umbreon} , {pichu} , {dragonair} , {shaymin} , {giratina}

Click Plz-->Image

Fri May 21, 2010 12:11 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Those cute starters should evolve into vicious fighters!:-)

Fri May 21, 2010 8:51 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

UGH! they are all ugly except for the grass. Im very dissapointed...

Spoinkable wrote:
I don't know where the panda idea came from. It makes absolutely no sense.
Why would a PANDA have a tail that long or a clamshell on its belly or whiskers or that nose or be a Water-type.

I rest my case.

its actually a "Sea Otter Pokemon" that explains the Water, and the Clamshell.

cheesehead wrote:

the dude that designed gens 1 and 2 (yes one guy designed all of them) left gamefreak and was replaced with some other dude who did the designs for gens 3,4 and now 5. unfortunately this new guy can't draw to save his life and we got stuck with many hideous atrocities(bidoof, wormadam, combee and purugly to name but a few). As his ideas rapidly dwindle his designs are going to become more and more eye-bleedingly awful, so i dont really hold a lot of hope that even the starters will look decent.

Ken Sugimori needs to go back and design the pokemon again then. i realize that he is still @ game freak, and his pokemon designs are AWESOME! i have several of his cards and i think that he should go back to the pokemon design department if he left it!

^This is for Pokemon Y

Fri May 21, 2010 3:08 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

hey, plez try not to double-post.
i just want some decent looking pokemon. purugly is exactly that... fugly. oh, wait, it doesn't say the f part?? it should've. but seriously, hoenn and before were pretty good. as far as design, anyways. but these new ones just aren't my cup of tea. and hopefully they do the new sprites for old pokemon rite. i hate the new muk one, but love the new rapidash and arcanine (in hgss), just to set an example of what i hope for.

Fri May 21, 2010 4:37 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Shadehelper wrote:
UGH! they are all ugly except for the grass. Im very dissapointed...

What you said? They are as cute as {togepi} :evil: :twisted:

Sat May 22, 2010 8:37 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 1047 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 42  Next