It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:31 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1047 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 42  Next
 BW Pre-Release News Thread - FIN! 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Krisp wrote:
I like the Black Version mascot better, which is disappointing, because I'm hell bent on getting White Version. I didn't even realize the black legendary was in white version until I read Galar's post.

I've never let a version mascot influence my opinion before besides maybe Lugia but he doesn't count, so...

i'm just curious, but we know little about the games, let alone what the differences will be... so how did you decide which one you wanted?? personally, i'm going to wait (but it'll probably be white because i like zekrom better) to decide until i know more.

Fri May 28, 2010 8:25 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Zekrom better be a steel type ;)

Fri May 28, 2010 9:01 pm
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

wow i never expected them to look this cool

they both look like dragons to me :D i hope they're both dragons

Fri May 28, 2010 9:09 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I had no clue what the Legendaries were going to look like, but I'm glad they turned out like they did. They're pretty bad-@$$. Also, has anyon noticed Reshiram has what looks to be a Peenor made of fur? I find it strange... Also, I just wanted to point out, I'm sure everyone knows this already but the names are Reshiramu and Zekuromu in Japanese, ReSHIRAmu and ZeKUROmu, thats why they have those names, because Shira (Technically Shiro) is white, and Kuro is black, just wanted to point it out...

I wonder why they put them in opposite games? Like the Black one is in White, and the White one is in Black... I wonder why. Irony?

I'm liking Zekrom, he just looks cool, and also, gotta give him the edge because he's got the all important hands, great for slapping. Ha, though Reshiram tail is better in my opinion. Something tells me they can learn Fly, but Zekroms wings kind of look like they're just for show... They look cool, but I don't that they could propel him into the air...

Sat May 29, 2010 1:07 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

rex09 wrote:
Krisp wrote:
I like the Black Version mascot better, which is disappointing, because I'm hell bent on getting White Version. I didn't even realize the black legendary was in white version until I read Galar's post.

I've never let a version mascot influence my opinion before besides maybe Lugia but he doesn't count, so...

i'm just curious, but we know little about the games, let alone what the differences will be... so how did you decide which one you wanted?? personally, i'm going to wait (but it'll probably be white because i like zekrom better) to decide until i know more.

I have never picked a version because of its version exclusives. I chose Blue because...well, I didn't, it was a gift. Silver over Gold because my brother wanted Gold, Ruby over Sapphire because I like blue better than red (ended up getting Ruby anyway because it was a gift), LeafGreen over FireRed because there was no AquaBlue and I wanted to be nostalgic, and finally, Pearl over Diamond because I'm a fag and like the color pink.

So why am I getting White over Black? Because white > black.

Sat May 29, 2010 4:49 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I am actually suprised at how ugly they are. I find them not only ugly, but that they are extremely similar.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Sat May 29, 2010 5:22 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Has anyone else noticed that Zekrom's arms look almost exactly like Lugia's?
Also, I think that the grass starter's evolved form will be a bipedal Komodo Dragon with a cape. (My only explanation for the yellow shoulders.)

Sat May 29, 2010 1:53 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Here is my opinion on the legendaries;

ZEKROM = I like it's color scheme at the moment with the shades of black & I like it's face & also it's tail which is weird looking, however I hate it's blocky body design...

RESHIMAN = I like this one better then the other one even though the other one does look awesome, this one simply is more to my liking with lovely soft fabric that's as it is now, snow white colored, it has a tail that indicates to me that it will have some wind related move or moves which is really something I want to see as it is way way overdue, & lastly, what I don't like is that Reshiman looks like it was thrown together last minute but somehow is half decent...

BOTH = I like that they have I don't know, dog like faces & that they both look better then the Sinnoh Mascot Legendaries (all 3 of them) but I don't like & will also hate it if they turn out to be all super sized pokemon like most mascot legendary pokemon cause they will not look right in that case imo...

I've spoken...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sat May 29, 2010 8:38 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I, though a fag, actually like Blue more than Pink, so I chose Diamond.

But my posting that didn't really have a purpose. Sorry.
So about the two legends/mascots.
Reshiram FTW.
I think they tried to make it look more elegant, but Zekrom looks more "b.a."

I bet they have to do with yin and yang.
Good vs. Evil
Black vs. White
This explains why the opposite color represents each game title.

I'm super excited for more info.

Sat May 29, 2010 10:06 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Ryanh181 wrote:
I am actually suprised at how ugly they are. I find them not only ugly, but that they are extremely similar.

You gotta complain about everything? I actually don't find anything terrible about them. They're actually pretty cool. Only thing I hate is that thing, that wavy ear looking fin thing on Zekrom's head, if there isn't a second one on the other side of his head he kind of looks dumb then... And Zekrom's eyes... They just don't really seem to work for me.. But other than that Zekrom looks BA and I'll be picking up white.

According to Bulbapedia, both Reshiram and Zekrom are Dragon Type. Its unknown whether or not they have secondary types. But if they made a new "light" type or something like that then I'm not getting either of them, that would be dumb... Anyways, I think they look fine, and as long as there are no major screw-ups with the games then I'll be picking up White whenever I can.

Sun May 30, 2010 2:19 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Quote:
I don't think this has been posted yet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxH8eyCS ... r_embedded

Shows new gameplay footage, with some live weather action going on throughout the battle rounds.

OMG, THE MUSIC! :( Turn it into The world ends with you already and give us mad dog songs as the soundtrack instead of synthesized instrumentation we've all heard before. I feel like I'm walking through one of those circuses and all I see staring at me are clowns. The scary type ones.

Anyway I too think they legends are ugly. Cool looking, but ugly. Doesn't mean I hate it. I mean it in a Kabuterimon sort of way. I'm sad they're both dragons though. I was hoping they'd be POISON or BUG types just to annoy hardcore fans but yeah that was never gonna happen ay -__-

Reckon I can still hope for a plot change where the legends aren't interchangeable? (ie... Pearl and Diamond's (and the others too) plot where exactly the same except you swapped around promo legends...)

Anyway, between the two I'd go for the one where you're supporting "evil" or whatever. :twisted:

Sun May 30, 2010 5:44 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

The Black and White Version Mascots looks like something you'll find in Yu-Gi-Oh! or a Digimon. Besides that, they look alright. I especially like Reshiram. It's tail look awesome! The black one, Zekrom, I don't like it that much because it looks too much like a Digimon monster. So this is my rating for all Black & White Pokemon:

Zoroark - 4 1/2 Stars
Zorua - 3 Stars
Mijumaru - 4 1/2 Stars
Pokabu - 3 1/2 Stars
Tsutaaja - 2 1/2 Stars
Reshiram - 5 Stars
Zekrom - 4 1/2 Stars

Sun May 30, 2010 7:42 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

@Savage Hunter - I'm not complaining about everything, I just think they look ugly. I am entitled to my opinion.

Also, I thinking a new type, because the black one looks dark type, but the white one doesn't look like any particular type (so far).

Sun May 30, 2010 4:29 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ryanh181 wrote:

Also, I thinking a new type, because the black one looks dark type, but the white one doesn't look like any particular type (so far).

I kinda think Reshiram might probably be a Ice-Normal Type or Normal-Flying.

Sun May 30, 2010 4:39 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Scratch that. I just heard they are both Dragon type, But a secondary type has yet to be announced.

Sun May 30, 2010 5:33 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Ryanh181 wrote:
Scratch that. I just heard they are both Dragon type, But a secondary type has yet to be announced.

Wow, this sucks very much imo cause I for one am tired of Dragon Type Legendaries being shot out left & right...since Rayquaza, the mascot Legendaries have ALL been the Dragon type excluding HGSS of course but remakes don't really count unless they are like Crystal, Emerald or Platinum...

Spoinkable wrote:
I bet they have to do with yin and yang.
Good vs. Evil
Black vs. White
This explains why the opposite color represents each game title.

I pretty much knew this but no, what I wanted to say was that I also think that they both might be in some way, two sides of the same coin even more so then Dialga/Palkia's powers were...

Why couldn't they have a typing like Ice/Psychic & Fire/Dark or Ice/Flying & Dark/Steel or better, Ice & Dark...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Sun May 30, 2010 6:16 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Feh, more dragon-type legendaries. They need to be Dragon/Normal and Dragon/Dark. But the dragon typing makes sense, what with the body type, etc.

It's weird, the black/white dualism seems really intuitive to me. I assumed when i saw them that Reshiram was the Black mascot and Zekrom was the White mascot...I dunno why though.

Sun May 30, 2010 7:53 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Yeah, they really gotta stop relying on Dragon types. I love Dragons, I think everybody does, but using them all the time is dumb and repetetive. While I think they look cool, I'm hoping the Grey (Thats gotta be the name of the third one...) mascot isnt a Dragon, though my hope will probably be smashed to smitherines (Is that even how thats spelled?)...

So then to clarify everything, the two Legendaries are Dragon type, and the White Dragon Reshiram is the Mascot for Black Version, and the Black Dragon Zekrom is the mascot for white version. Both don't have known secondary types. And half of the people don't like how they look, and half do...

Quote:
@Savage Hunter - I'm not complaining about everything, I just think they look ugly. I am entitled to my opinion.

I know, it was a hyperbole, because it seems like you complained about most of the new Pokemon shown so far.

Sun May 30, 2010 9:08 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Not more dragons...

{rayquaza} {latios} {latias} {dialga} {palkia} {giratina}

We had enough already, right?

They still look cool though.

Btw, it's smithereens.

{venusaur} {charizard} {blastoise} {meganium} {typhlosion} {feraligatr} {sceptile} {blaziken} {swampert} {torterra} {infernape} {empoleon} {machamp} {gallade} {toxicroak} {pidgeot} {staraptor} {luxray} {alakazam} {gengar} {nidoqueen} {nidoking} {aggron} {rhyperior} {gyarados} {milotic} {kingdra}

Mon May 31, 2010 4:43 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Savage Hunter wrote:
While I think they look cool, I'm hoping the Grey (Thats gotta be the name of the third one...)

How about "Rainbow" or "Arc" to throw a curve ball!

Mon May 31, 2010 11:05 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

pokemon_god wrote:
The Black and White Version Mascots looks like something you'll find in Yu-Gi-Oh! or a Digimon.

Look guys, I found another link between the franchises -

Pokemon
Digimon

Coincidence? I think not!

Mon May 31, 2010 1:47 pm
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

AceTrainer wrote:
Not more dragons...

Agree on both counts...I mean we now have 6, 6!! mascot legendaries that have Dragon as 1 of their types & if you add the rest of them, around 8!!, this is getting ludicrous now seriously...but they still look cool just hating the bluntly bad repeated use of the Dragon Type, so what if Dragons are awesome, doesn't mean I want pretty much all my Legends to be Dragons, bah...

Last edited by Lawence Codye on Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon May 31, 2010 2:10 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Lawence Codye wrote:
I mean we now have 6, 6!! mascot legendaries that have Dragon as 1 of their types & if you add the rest of them, around 8!!, this is getting ludicris(spelling?) now seriously...

If you're going to complain about something, at least get your facts straight. Groudon and Kyogre are the "mascot legendaries" of Ruby and Sapphire, not Latias and Latios. Same sentence applies to the person who included them in the list in the post above yours.

Mon May 31, 2010 3:04 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

AceTrainer wrote:
Not more dragons...

Btw, it's smithereens.

Thanks, I never use that word... Haha, but more dragons is completely unnecessary. 6 Dragon legendaries so far, plus 2 makes 8, anymore and its just... It'd be worse than the eeveelutions...

Mon May 31, 2010 4:01 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

You can say what you want..but most (if not all) of us are excited about the new series
and come Spring 2011..there will people who have already beaten the jap version..and almost everyone else lined up at the store with a copy on pre-order.

I say no need to find the flaws..just be stoked that pokemon is still around..and you have fellow nerds to talk to about it

HeartGold: 4727-0718-7125

Mon May 31, 2010 9:21 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 1047 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 42  Next