It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 This is absolutley ridiculous 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Poor poor programming. Sabrina's Alakazam has used Recover at least 20 (max you can have is 16!) times and it keeps going. I'm using Kadabra so that's all it'll use and it's getting on my nerves. If i switch Pokemon I'll be Psychiced so I cant do aynthing.

Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:25 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Recover has 20pp in RBY

try actually counting how many times its been used, because after about 10 turns the battle seems to have been going on forever, and I assume you exaggerated the amount of times recover was used.

Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:35 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

actually, I did encounter a similar problem ages ago, and the AI doesn't seem to count the number of times an opponent used a move.

I remember I was stuck with only a healthy oddish with no other [non-fainted] pokemon on the route towards rock tunnel. I was in a battle, and it was oddish vs. oddish X.x I used absorb, being my only attacking move, until it ran out of PP; but the oddish opposite me, who has been spamming absorbs as well, didn't go to struugle mode like I did.

I eventually died, and was POed for a bit. After *cough cough cough* years, I still remember it, but not upset anymore of course.

Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:35 pm
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Doesn't count how many times a move is used? That isn't true. I've seen the enemy struggle many times before. I think that the issue here is that you aren't counting right, or you lost count.

Yes, Recover has 20 PP in RBY. If you have a Kadabra, wouldn't you realize that?
And surprisingly enough, Kadabra is one of the best things in the game for Alakazam. Just stall it off and use your own Psychic moves. It'll take a while, but you will win. It's how I won against Sabrina in Yellow...and you can too! Muhahaha.

- DNA

Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:09 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

AIs in R/B/Y are partially dumb. There are alot of bugs yet to discover. And it excites me :lol:

Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:56 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I remember (a long time ago) encountering a metapod, and because i was bored i invited fellow caterpie and metapod to come along and we had a harden/string shot party. It was quite fun, but the music started to irritate me after a while. But my caterpie and metapod soon got tired, but the wild metapod kept on hardening like there was no tomorrow. Also, when you encounter wild pokemon, trade a few blows before catching it - you'll find (well i did anyway) that whilst its HP will have been damaged, its PP will have stayed intact. So my conclusion is that the game is programmed so that PP for the enemy is disabled, so tough luck there.

Anyhow, there have been so many other programming errors in RBY, probably most common being ground moves being super effective against grass poison dual types. But still its a great game, and what's a game without a good challenge?

Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:30 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

(in case anyone's trying this on virtual console release) Put it to sleep. I have a Gengar, but anything with a sleep inducing move works. Then wear it down. And in my case, Gengar was low on HP, so I kept spamming Dream Eater.

Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:29 pm
There are alot of bugs yet to discover. And it excites me
สมัครคาสิโน

Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:42 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I recently read that the NPCs are programmed to prioritize moves that are super effective against the Pokemon the player has out but in RBY it didn't compartmentalize non-damage inflicting moves (which also explains an NPC's Alakazam using Recover against a Kadabara, in RBY, Psychic didn't really have a weakness so it defaulted to its own type). Like the latter, I suspect that their PP is flawed in that it's unlimited. Just two of the countless flaws in RBY, most of which were corrected in the later generations.

In the case of stat boosting or reducing moves such as Harden and Growl however (@DragonPhoenix), having unlimited PP is almost irrelevant because there is a limit to the amount a single user's stats can boost or be reduced. I've experienced many instances in which a Metapod's or Kakuna's Harden while used non-stop, reached a point at which it ceased to be effective because "Enemy Metapod's (or Kakuna's) defense cannot rise anymore". It takes quite a few turns to get there but under the right circumstances, it can actually happen quite easily with cocoon Pokemon who often know nothing else in the wild.

Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:23 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I can confirm this. I have been counting, and Sabrina's Alakazam has used recovery at least 48 times...

Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]