It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 954 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 39  Next
 The HG/SS Questions Thread 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

]
torchie13125 wrote:
hammythepig wrote:

How do I get my Latios (or Laitas)?
How do I get Suicune?
How do I get Groudon? (were do I get the orb from?)

What other legendaries can I get other than the above mentioned and:
entei
raikou
mewtwo
lugia
ho-oh

can I get 4th gen and 3rd gen legendaries?

Thanks for all the help in advance.
~HTP

Let's see, where to start, where to start...
For most questions, go to the HG/SS walkthrough on the main site.
Entei&Raikou: Completely random in the Johto Region
Latios: Roaming the Kanto Region
Groudon: Embedded Tower, near the Safari Zone in the Johto Region
Suicune: Did you do the necessary means to see him where Misty was standing before you got her to go back to the gym? (For more info, go see the walkthrough)
You also can get the three legendary birds.
Articuno is in the Seafoam Islands, just like in Gen. I and Gen. III
Zapdos is outside the Power Plant.
Moltres is in the heart of Mt. Silver.
Mewtwo: Back in Cerulean Cave
Lugia: Whirl Islands after you get the Tidal Bell from the Kimono Girls. (You should already have the Silver Wing)
Ho-oh: Go to Pewter City and talk to the old man near the route that takes you to Mt. Moon. He'll give you the Rainbow Wing. With that, go to Ecruteak City and go into the Tower where the monks are blocking the stairs. The monk will stand clear to give you access. Good luck with the obstacles that await you!
More things:
Go to Saffron City and go into the Sliph Co. Building. Steven will be there, and he'll make you choose between the Red, Green, and Blue stones. Red one gets you {torchic}, the blue one gets you {mudkip}, and the green one gets you {treecko}. Also, if you have the Enigma Stone, then go to Pewter City and into the museum. There you find Steven (again!) and he'll be surprised that you have the stone and he'll extract the Soul Dew from it. Then he'll go outside and you'll see Latias waiting there. If you faint her, then she'll come back the next time you are there.
The Red Orb can be obtained by talking to Elm (I think).
Rayquaza: After you get a friend to trade you a legit HG (transferred ones don't count) Kyogre, go and take your Groudon and Kyogre to Mr. Pokemon (the one who gave you the Togepi egg) and he'll give you the Jade Orb. Go back to the Embedded Tower, and Rayquaza will be where you see Groudon.
Regis: Transfer/Trade from Platinum
Heatran: Trade
Other 4th Gen. Legendaries: Trade
Exceptions: {dialga}, {palkia}, and {giratina}
You need a legit event Arceus (too bad the event ended a long time ago) and take it to the Sinjoh Ruins (For more info, check the walkthrough, as I'm not sure what to do from here)
Hope I helped!
~torchie13125
(I hope you find mine more informative)

Didn't I say where to get Rayquaza? The same place as the Groudon/Kyogre. Oh, only the HG Kyogre counts, if I'm not mistaken. I heard it from more than just the hacking friend, so I have a lot of sources to verify it with. So, I guess no, you can't just substitute a Kyogre from Sapphire/Emerald to get a Rayquaza.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:10 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Hyperbole wrote:
Zero Cool wrote:
torchie13125 wrote:
I did not say Blah blah blah. You made it all up! (I was just putting more details!)
As for your question, I'll be happy to answer it.
Check OT, ID, name, date when caught (my hacked Raichu said it was caught on Jan. 0, 2000) and IVs. Always check the EVs and IVs.
They are important.

I did do that, everything checked out even the ribbon was there. It has near perfect if not perfect IVs... but with RNG abuse that is possible for ANY pokemon. Like I said comparing this to my legit event mew, it checks out. but I need to computer whiz to look at it on another level to see if its real or not... if it is then I have a perfect...shiny....timid.... event mew..... just saying it makes me think its off. I dont mind RNG abuse, but I do mind hacked pokes :(

Was this Mew pal park'd from a Gen III game, or was it from a Gen IV event? If it was a Gen IV event, then it is impossible to be shiny; if I recall correctly, Wonder Card/Mystery Gift Pokemon have a special method of personality value generation - the personality value is regenerated until it isn't shiny.

Can you post the level obtained, the location data, if it was an event Pokemon, the ribbons, the Original Trainer and the ID number? It would be easier to check if it was hacked.

It was a gen IV event... so it is hacked and I lost out on my legit shiny swellow... that reallllllly sucks. It looks identical to the real event mew, even has the ribbon and the correct trainer ID and what not but I looked up what you were saying and legit event pokemon cannot be shiny. I wish I had looked that up before, I am just going to try and out it on the GTS for a legit mew so I dont lose out completely. Either way I am massively bummed out now. Thank you for your help

Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:44 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

On behalf of all the ones who helped you-You're very welcome.
My personal response: No problem! Anytime you need help, don't hesitate to ask! Or PM. Whatever you like to do!
(Just don't do it between 1:00 AM-2:30 PM my time-Mine's UTC-5 hours.)
Any more questions?

Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:49 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Alright, so I've got a question, wether or not it makes sense I'm not too sure, but I'm still curious about it.

We've played through two re-made original games now, FireRed/LeafGreen and HeartGold/SoulSilver, granted I haven't completed SoulSilver yet from the way people talk it does sound like HG/SS has brought back the original GSC geography with the added safari zone, but I was wondering sort of, why not put the Sevii Islands into HG/SS as well? Since you re-make the first game and put in something new, and then re-make the second game where you revisit the land of the first, wouldn't it normally stay the same in the first land and keep the islands since it's only three years later?

I may just be nitpicking things too, but it's just a question of mine.

An old team I had an idea for. Criticism is appreciated.

SoulSilver-- 1892-9981-0071

Diamond-- 5414-8714-8656

Trading thread-- viewtopic.php?f=36&t=27567

Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:30 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I don't think it goes here, but I mean, I'm not saying where it goes. I made a promise with a mod not to.
And yes, I'll answer your question if you want the answer.
(I don't even know that much. It's coming from my crazt head.)
The Sevii Islands were really not part of the original Kanto, and HG/SS wasn't supposed to copy the remake of the Kanto games either. So there are no Sevii Islands.
Not a good answer, but that's my answer.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:26 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Thanks for the answer. But now I've got another question, possibly quite dumb and n00bish of me. But it never hurts to ask anyway. EXP share raising a pokemon in the back of my team deprives it of EVs right? Which is just as bad as Rare Candies, no?

Diamond-- 5414-8714-8656

Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:26 am
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

They don't REDUCE EVs. Nothing can, except the berries. And either one is fine. They both don't reduce EVs. And I'm pretty sure that EXP Share also shares the EV boost from that battle with the Pokemon who's holding it. As I said, I can be wrong.

Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:25 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Ok, this has happened to me twice now, I hatched a Nincada with Bug Buzz and Silver Wind, and when I level it up to 20 with a spot in my party open, and plenty of Pokeballs. I evolve it to Ninjask, however, no Shedinja appears in my party. Any ideas as to what could be going on here?

HeartGold: 4727-0718-7125

Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:42 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Daemiian wrote:
Ok, this has happened to me twice now, I hatched a Nincada with Bug Buzz and Silver Wind, and when I level it up to 20 with a spot in my party open, and plenty of Pokeballs. I evolve it to Ninjask, however, no Shedinja appears in my party. Any ideas as to what could be going on here?

The only reason for that not to happen, is if you don't actually have Pokeballs with you. Not Dusk Balls, Not Great Balls, Pokeballs... and one extra slot at least.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:51 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

You know, I had thought that may be the issue...I didn't think that I had a Pokeball before when I got my shedinja. But I could have...thanks, I'll try that! :)

Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:36 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Daemiian wrote:
You know, I had thought that may be the issue...I didn't think that I had a Pokeball before when I got my shedinja. But I could have...thanks, I'll try that! :)

No worries, it's never really specific on most dex's but yeah it has to be the actual poke ball. Hope it works out for you, always nice to get 2 pokemon for one.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:43 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

The Safari Zone guide on both Psypokes and Bulbapedia tell me that the Safari Zone blocks will upgrade after a certain amount of days the area has been "in use". What constitutes "in use"? Do I need to spend 500P and go into the SZ every day, or will it upgrade passively (without me having to visit)? This is a confusing point for me and not at all obvious if you think about it.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:20 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Paparazzi wrote:
The Safari Zone guide on both Psypokes and Bulbapedia tell me that the Safari Zone blocks will upgrade after a certain amount of days the area has been "in use". What constitutes "in use"? Do I need to spend 500P and go into the SZ every day, or will it upgrade passively (without me having to visit)? This is a confusing point for me and not at all obvious if you think about it.

There is no need to visit every day; when the Safari Zone bloocks upgrade, Baoba will call you.

3DS FC: Snail 4527-8592-7979

Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:14 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

So I was recently looking through the psydex. Namely at Scyther and Scizor, and the level-up moves for Scizor says it learns bullet punch at lvl1. So does that mean as soon as Scyther gets traded and it evolves it tries to learn bullet punch?

And, before I forget, I am looking for someone who doesn't mind helping me out and trade-evolving some pokemon, I'm looking to evolve one of my Scythers, a Graveler, and an Onix, maybe even a Haunter. This also reminds me, does anyone know where I can get a magmarizer? I'm raising a Magmar and considering evolving it as well. While I'm basically asking/advertising all the trades I'm looking for, I may as well say that I'm also looking for a baby Charmander too, I'm not looking for any specific movepools or anything like that, I just ask that it not be filled with Hms when I get it. Baby Cyndaquil would be cool to get too, and Bulbasaur, even Torchic. That's all I can really think of right now.

Diamond-- 5414-8714-8656

Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:42 am
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Elrik wrote:
So I was recently looking through the psydex. Namely at Scyther and Scizor, and the level-up moves for Scizor says it learns bullet punch at lvl1. So does that mean as soon as Scyther gets traded and it evolves it tries to learn bullet punch?

And, before I forget, I am looking for someone who doesn't mind helping me out and trade-evolving some pokemon, I'm looking to evolve one of my Scythers, a Graveler, and an Onix, maybe even a Haunter. This also reminds me, does anyone know where I can get a magmarizer? I'm raising a Magmar and considering evolving it as well. While I'm basically asking/advertising all the trades I'm looking for, I may as well say that I'm also looking for a baby Charmander too, I'm not looking for any specific movepools or anything like that, I just ask that it not be filled with Hms when I get it. Baby Cyndaquil would be cool to get too, and Bulbasaur, even Torchic. That's all I can really think of right now.

If a newly hatched (level 1) Scyther is traded and evolved, it will learn Bullet Punch.
For trade-evolving Pokemon, there is a certain glitch using the GTS/Global Terminal that can allow you to evolve them without losing your Pokemon. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/ ... ion_glitch
If you need to trade, then use this forum: viewforum.php?f=36
Magmarizer can be found in Cinnabar Island.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:57 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Zero Cool wrote:
Daemiian wrote:

No worries, it's never really specific on most dex's but yeah it has to be the actual poke ball. Hope it works out for you, always nice to get 2 pokemon for one.

Regular Pokeball did work, thanks again ZC

Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:52 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

So on what day(s) does red appear on Mt. Sliver after you beat him?

Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:13 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

MasterChef wrote:
So on what day(s) does red appear on Mt. Sliver after you beat him?

Red will appear on Mt. Silver on any day after you beat him, once you beat the E4. So lets say you beat him once on Monday. He will appear there again after you beat the E4 again, whether it be on that same Monday, or next Monday.

Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:49 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Elrik wrote:
Thanks for the answer. But now I've got another question, possibly quite dumb and n00bish of me. But it never hurts to ask anyway. EXP share raising a pokemon in the back of my team deprives it of EVs right? Which is just as bad as Rare Candies, no?

NO.

If you battle a pokemon that gives 1 speed ev then the poke battling and the poke in the back round get one speed ev.

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:08 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I was wondering something when I was battling Lugia this evening. After I started barraging it with pokeballs I wondered, can you get the dark Lugia on HG/SS? The one from Pokemon XD ?

Diamond-- 5414-8714-8656

Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:02 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Elrik wrote:
I was wondering something when I was battling Lugia this evening. After I started barraging it with pokeballs I wondered, can you get the dark Lugia on HG/SS? The one from Pokemon XD ?

Dark Lugia is not programmed into any of game excluding XD therefore you cannot get it.

Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:38 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

In Soul Silver.. where is a "moss rock" or wherever I need to go to evolve my Eevee into a Leafeon..?

Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:41 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Animagus wrote:
In Soul Silver.. where is a "moss rock" or wherever I need to go to evolve my Eevee into a Leafeon..?

Yeah, that Rock only exists in Eterna Forest of the Sinnoh Region so it is nowhere in HGSS period so no way to get Leafeon without DPPt...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:54 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

A question about EVs, do a pokemon get them when they use Exp Shares?

ie. When my {pikachu} fights a {magikarp} , and I have a {metagross} with exp share, who gets the speed EVs?

Is it {pikachu} , {metagross} , or both?

Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:07 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
@ hammythepig = Ok, here is now it is...

If it's {pikachu} VS {magikarp}
+ {metagross} is holding the Exp Share (regardless of if it becomes active or not during any time during the this battle)

EVs are distributed as followed;

{magikarp} grants upon fainting 1 SPE EV to both "the pokemon that battled it"(Pikachu) & "the pokemon who was fortunate enough to have the Exp Share on it during the battle"(Metagross) meaning that...
{pikachu} receives 1 SPE EV
{metagross} receives 1 SPE EV

Both pokemon only get 1 SPE EV from this battle, even if Metagross happens to participate in the battle at any point...

So to bluntly answer your question, YES, yes they sure do...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 954 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 39  Next