It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 954 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 39  Next
 The HG/SS Questions Thread 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

remove with berrys, increase with vitamins (but no EV training)

Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:48 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Manafi wrote:
Is there a way to change a lv 100 pokemon's EVs like there was in Gen 3? If so, how?

do what /vXv\ said, then i think you have to do the box trick to see the change in stats, right?? for more info:
http://www.psypokes.com/lab/evguide.php
not sure if the box trick still works in HGSS, tho. if not, there's no point in changing them....

Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:17 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

According to Bulbapedia, the Box Trick works in Gen 4.

Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:54 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Here's something I've been wondering. Let's say I'm battling Red and it's automatically hailing. If I use Rain Dance/Sunny Day/Sandstorm, will it be rainy/sunny/sandy for the whole five turns or will the weather automatically switch back to hail?

Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:54 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

It will remain sunny/ rainy and once thats done it won't hail any more

Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:18 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Correct me if I'm wrong, Shaymin by Oak's Letter and Darkrai by Member Card can be traded through the GTS.

Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:54 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Your Wrong they are key items

Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:12 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Manafi wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, Shaymin by Oak's Letter and Darkrai by Member Card can be traded through the GTS.

/vXv\ wrote:
Your Wrong they are key items

No, you read incorrectly. The Shaymin from the Oak's Letter (the pokemon, not the key item) can be traded due to lack of Classic Ribbon. Same case with the Darkrai.

3DS FC: Snail 4527-8592-7979

Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:14 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Yep, that's what I meant, thanks.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:49 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lord_vegeta wrote:
i got a pokemon pearl game all the pokemon on it were caught in a place called mystery zone caught on jan 0 2000
all natures are hardy
has no moves and no ability
level 1
says caught at level 0
trainer id is 00000
jonny
if i trade then over to heart gold will it mess up my game

and i leveled up a charmander to a charmeleon and it now has the ability it would have had
will that pokemon mess up my game if i trade it
it has moves and a ability just says it trainders id is 00000 and caught on jan 0 2000

and incase duh i know there hacked pokemon all level 1 shinnys gotta be a dunce not to know that one
i just wanna know if i can move then over to my heart gold with out messing it up

Yeah. I'm really late for answering it, like answering for real, but I can tell you that My friend gave me a Shiny Pikachu lv. 100 Brave Nature with maxed out Attack EVs and Speed EVs, and it says it came from Alex (that's my friend's game name). That's normal, I guess, but the Pikachu's got Fly, Thunder, Thunderbolt, and Volt Tackle, and it's in a Cherish Ball. Its ID is 00001 or something like that, and the Pikachu's female and says it was transferred to SS by link cable on Jan. 0, 2000. It didn't mess up my game. I have a lv. 100 Typhlosion Modest Nature with maxed Sp. Attack and Def. EVs in there too, but he's my starter. So yeah. (Wow! I got a Qwilfish like a week ago, but by then, I defeated Red with Gyarados as my water type!) Anyway, yeah. My friend gave me a legit event Deoxys, complete with the Classical Ribbon, a legit event Jirachi (Cherish Ball with moves Draco Meteor, Rest, Wishi, Psychic), and a legit event Latios (ID is 00010, OT is GAMESTP, and said it came from the Hoenn Region).

Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:47 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I have some questions about Manaphy. What exactly determines whether the trainer memo says link trade or pokemon ranger; egg arrived or egg obtained? I'm trying to see if my Manaphys (from trades) are hacked. Manaphy #1 says Link trade, Egg obtained; #2 says Pokemon Ranger, Egg arrived; #3 also says Pokemon Ranger, Egg arrived but it is shiny. They're all in pokeballs, say egg apparently hatched and fateful encounter. I'm almost certain the first is legit. The third is the one I had doubts about since it's shiny and would require certain procedures to be shiny.

Last edited by Manafi on Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:32 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Manafi wrote:
I have some questions about Manaphy. What exactly determines whether the trainer memo says link trade or pokemon ranger; egg arrived or egg obtained? I'm trying to see if my traded Manaphys are hacked. Manaphy #1 says Link trade, Egg obtained; #2 says Pokemon Ranger, Egg arrived; #3 also says Pokemon Ranger, Egg arrived but it is shiny. They're all in pokeballs, say egg apparently hatched and fateful encounter. I'm almost certain the first is legit. The third is the one I had doubts about since it's shiny and would require certain procedures to be shiny.

Well, I'm thinking the second and third are legit, at least the second. Unless you were extremely lucky and got a shiny Manaphy egg, a friend or whoever gave it to you must have hacked it, although I doubt they can hack it to say fateful encounter and pokemon ranger. My event Deoxys (um... I just realized it says fateful encounter from Pokemon Ranger) is from PR, and has a Classical Ribbon. So yeah.1st one's a bit dubious, but the second's definitely legit. The third might be legit, but I have my doubts. I can understand that all three come in Pokeballs, as they need to hatch first. Hope I helped.

Last edited by torchie13125 on Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:50 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

torchie13125 wrote:
although I doubt they can hack it to say fateful encounter and pokemon ranger.

pokesav would actually allow you to do this, especially if the person edited the poke as an egg. [/twocents]

Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:57 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

As I don't have a lot of experience with Pokesav or AR (okay, none at all with the former), I am not that reliable. All I know is that the second one's legit. My friend has one like that, and he got it legitly (before he got Pokesav). So yeah, I tried.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:06 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Ok, so it's fake if it's says "link trade, egg obtained" even if it I didn't get it from the original trainer?

Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:59 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I believe so, but I'm not sure, as I never completed the mission for the Manaphy. I lost it when I just got it too!... Anyway, I know that the second one is legit, because that's what my Deoxys says, and it's got a Classical Ribbon to prove that it's legit.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:32 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

So I beat Red in SoulSilver.
And I got a Squirtle from prof Oak.
From this point in the game:

How do I get my Latios (or Laitas)?
How do I get Suicune?
How do I get Groudon? (were do I get the orb from?)

What other legendaries can I get other than the above mentioned and:
entei
raikou
mewtwo
lugia
ho-oh

can I get 4th gen and 3rd gen legendaries?

Thanks for all the help in advance.
~HTP

Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:53 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

hammythepig wrote:
So I beat Red in SoulSilver.
And I got a Squirtle from prof Oak.
From this point in the game:

How do I get my Latios (or Laitas)? Go to Vermilion City, talk to everyone in the Fan Club and the leader gives you some item. Once you leave steven talks to you about the pokemon, it should appear randomly throughout the Kanto Region like the dogs
How do I get Suicune? Suicune can be obtained by following it through the certain areas, the first is on the top of Cianwood Island, the Second is outside of mt mortar on route 25, third is in Vermilion city next to the SS Anne, and the last is by Bills house after the Misty thing.
How do I get Groudon? (were do I get the orb from?) This one is a bit easier, you need to talk to Mr Pokemon after you get the Nat Dex and the kanto starter, you go to a cave on Route 47 and it brings you to the embedded tower. The one to your game will be there, level 50 and hard as hell to catch, heavy balls are your friend.

entei
raikou
mewtwo
lugia
ho-oh

Latias or Latios depending on your game, and you can obtain BOTH if you participated in the Wi-Fi event,
Zapdos
Articuno
Moltres
MEW is a WI-FI EVENT RIGHT NOW!!!
Rayquaza, the SAME way you obtain Kyogre/Groudon but you need to have both in your party, I.E. Catch Kyogre and Trade for Groudon
I know you can obtain a Level 1 of Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina but I do not know how to.

~HTP

I hope I helped :) message me if you want more help or trades

Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:25 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

hammythepig wrote:

How do I get my Latios (or Laitas)?
How do I get Suicune?
How do I get Groudon? (were do I get the orb from?)

entei
raikou
mewtwo
lugia
ho-oh

~HTP

Let's see, where to start, where to start...
For most questions, go to the HG/SS walkthrough on the main site.
Entei&Raikou: Completely random in the Johto Region
Latios: Roaming the Kanto Region
Groudon: Embedded Tower, near the Safari Zone in the Johto Region
Suicune: Did you do the necessary means to see him where Misty was standing before you got her to go back to the gym? (For more info, go see the walkthrough)
You also can get the three legendary birds.
Articuno is in the Seafoam Islands, just like in Gen. I and Gen. III
Zapdos is outside the Power Plant.
Moltres is in the heart of Mt. Silver.
Mewtwo: Back in Cerulean Cave
Lugia: Whirl Islands after you get the Tidal Bell from the Kimono Girls. (You should already have the Silver Wing)
Ho-oh: Go to Pewter City and talk to the old man near the route that takes you to Mt. Moon. He'll give you the Rainbow Wing. With that, go to Ecruteak City and go into the Tower where the monks are blocking the stairs. The monk will stand clear to give you access. Good luck with the obstacles that await you!
More things:
Go to Saffron City and go into the Sliph Co. Building. Steven will be there, and he'll make you choose between the Red, Green, and Blue stones. Red one gets you {torchic}, the blue one gets you {mudkip}, and the green one gets you {treecko}. Also, if you have the Enigma Stone, then go to Pewter City and into the museum. There you find Steven (again!) and he'll be surprised that you have the stone and he'll extract the Soul Dew from it. Then he'll go outside and you'll see Latias waiting there. If you faint her, then she'll come back the next time you are there.
The Red Orb can be obtained by talking to Elm (I think).
Rayquaza: After you get a friend to trade you a legit HG (transferred ones don't count) Kyogre, go and take your Groudon and Kyogre to Mr. Pokemon (the one who gave you the Togepi egg) and he'll give you the Jade Orb. Go back to the Embedded Tower, and Rayquaza will be where you see Groudon.
Regis: Transfer/Trade from Platinum
Heatran: Trade
Other 4th Gen. Legendaries: Trade
Exceptions: {dialga}, {palkia}, and {giratina}
You need a legit event Arceus (too bad the event ended a long time ago) and take it to the Sinjoh Ruins (For more info, check the walkthrough, as I'm not sure what to do from here)
Hope I helped!
~torchie13125
(I hope you find mine more informative)

Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:40 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

torchie13125 wrote:
BLAH BLAH BLAH

Way to show me up XD - See that's what I get when I try to help!

I have a question though, is there anyone here that knows how to check for hacked pokemon. I heard of some people knowing how to but I have no clue, I just got a Shiny event mew in trade for my known legit shiny swellow... the guy said he did the RNG reset for it and when I looked at it from what I could see is that it is legit. But I feel skeptical... I mean why would he have wanted to trade for a shiny swellow... anyways I am willing to send it off to someone on here that can check. Thank you in advance, if there is no way to check though I am just going to say it is legit because it checks out in every aspect :/

Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:15 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I did not say Blah blah blah. You made it all up! (I was just putting more details!)
As for your question, I'll be happy to answer it.
Check OT, ID, name, date when caught (my hacked Raichu said it was caught on Jan. 0, 2000) and IVs. Always check the EVs and IVs.
They are important.

Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:14 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

torchie13125 wrote:
I did not say Blah blah blah. You made it all up! (I was just putting more details!)
Check OT, ID, name, date when caught (my hacked Raichu said it was caught on Jan. 0, 2000) and IVs. Always check the EVs and IVs.
They are important.

I did do that, everything checked out even the ribbon was there. It has near perfect if not perfect IVs... but with RNG abuse that is possible for ANY pokemon. Like I said comparing this to my legit event mew, it checks out. but I need to computer whiz to look at it on another level to see if its real or not... if it is then I have a perfect...shiny....timid.... event mew..... just saying it makes me think its off. I dont mind RNG abuse, but I do mind hacked pokes :(

Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:20 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah. The fact that it's been traded for a shiny Swellow really makes it suspicious. I traded a normal Viridian Forest Pikacbu (Trained to Lv. 37, Mdoest nature) for a lv. 100 Pikachu @Shuca Berry, and OT was Andrew (legit), and the ID looks legit too. It's got a brave nature, and it has a perfect attack IV. It knows Fly, Thunder, Thunderbolt, and Volt Tackle. So yeah. I wondered if it was hacked, because of the date, and my friend (who's name isn't Andrew, but has a trainer named that) said that it was hacked. I was really angry at him. Now, it's a Raichu. So it says it was really legit? Well, then you've got the luckiest trading partner ever! Congratulations!

Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:27 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Zero Cool wrote:
torchie13125 wrote:
They are important.

I did do that, everything checked out even the ribbon was there. It has near perfect if not perfect IVs... but with RNG abuse that is possible for ANY pokemon. Like I said comparing this to my legit event mew, it checks out. but I need to computer whiz to look at it on another level to see if its real or not... if it is then I have a perfect...shiny....timid.... event mew..... just saying it makes me think its off. I dont mind RNG abuse, but I do mind hacked pokes :(

Was this Mew pal park'd from a Gen III game, or was it from a Gen IV event? If it was a Gen IV event, then it is impossible to be shiny; if I recall correctly, Wonder Card/Mystery Gift Pokemon have a special method of personality value generation - the personality value is regenerated until it isn't shiny.

Can you post the level obtained, the location data, if it was an event Pokemon, the ribbons, the Original Trainer and the ID number? It would be easier to check if it was hacked.

3DS FC: Snail 4527-8592-7979

Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:03 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

torchie13125 wrote:
Yeah. The fact that it's been traded for a shiny Swellow really makes it suspicious. I traded a normal Viridian Forest Pikacbu (Trained to Lv. 37, Mdoest nature) for a lv. 100 Pikachu @Shuca Berry, and OT was Andrew (legit), and the ID looks legit too. It's got a brave nature, and it has a perfect attack IV. It knows Fly, Thunder, Thunderbolt, and Volt Tackle. So yeah. I wondered if it was hacked, because of the date, and my friend (who's name isn't Andrew, but has a trainer named that) said that it was hacked. I was really angry at him. Now, it's a Raichu. So it says it was really legit? Well, then you've got the luckiest trading partner ever! Congratulations!

OMG, MY NAME IS ANDREW... but I don't hack, so it wasn't me =)

To unspam my message:
To get Rayquaza, does the Groudon/Kyorge that you show have to be from Heart Gold and Soul Silver, or just on from the 2nd gen remakes? What if I have a Kyorge from Sapphire that I pal parked in Diamond? Would that work?

Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 954 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 39  Next