It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 954 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
 The HG/SS Questions Thread 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Um, Since I'd rather not go through the entire thread, 2 questions.

1. Is it possible to buy coins for the game corner as it was in previous generations?
2. Which pokemon from Sinnoh can be obtained before obtaining the nationaldex?

Returned to pokemon after a long time (Ruby/sapphire the last games I played) So I guess its quite strange, may have more questions.

Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:27 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

silentwatcher wrote:

1. Is it possible to buy coins for the game corner as it was in previous generations?

Returned to pokemon after a long time (Ruby/sapphire the last games I played) So I guess its quite strange, may have more questions.

1. You mean in HGSS? No. (It's not possible to lose coins either, so that's the trade-off.)
2. There's Mamoswine, Lickilicky, Tangrowth, Yanmega, Ambipom, and I think one more I'm forgetting. (They're the ones that level up when knowing a certain move.) There are a few evolution stones you can buy at the Pokeathlon Dome, but the ones that net you Sinnoh evolutions are Post-Nat-Dex.

Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:16 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

DNA wrote:
silentwatcher wrote:

1. You mean in HGSS? No. (It's not possible to lose coins either, so that's the trade-off.)
2. There's Mamoswine, Lickilicky, Tangrowth, Yanmega, Ambipom, and I think one more I'm forgetting. (They're the ones that level up when knowing a certain move.) There are a few evolution stones you can buy at the Pokeathlon Dome, but the ones that net you Sinnoh evolutions are Post-Nat-Dex.

Thanks for the reply

1. Ah crud...oh well, I'm not too bad at the flip, and only substitute seems vital if I am smart with rest...
2. Thanks for this, was hoping to use a mamoswine in game until the battle tower/wifi battles at least.

Tue May 01, 2012 3:08 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Since I just got SoulSilver last night, and I'm a ditz when it comes to this 4th gen technology crap, how can I get my PokeWalker to work?

Goodbye
"

Tue May 01, 2012 4:14 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

@Samurott: Bare with me, I haven't played HGSS for a while, this is just my general knowledge. Firstly make sure you have the Pokemon you want in your PC Box. Once you've done that go to the main menu and scroll down to the one that says something alone the lines of "Pokewalker". It will give you some instructions and eventually let you connect via infrared. Now whip out your Pokewalker and place it next to your DS console. It should automatically connect. On your DS is should now come up with all the Pokemon in your PC Box so pick the Pokemon that you want and it will transfer it to your Pokewalker. If you have anymore further question about the Pokewalker or anything related to Soul Silver I'm the person to ask since I've had my Soul Silver game since it's release. :P

"You said you have a dream... That dream... Make it come true." -N

Tue May 01, 2012 10:10 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Alright, another set of questions. To be fair, this may not be the right place, but since I've only just noticed the item in the psypoke item list for soulsilver, I'm curious as to how the flame orb would work in the following circumstances

If a pokemon with that orb uses U-Turn or baton pass, will the switched in pokemon also be burned?
If yes, will this trigger any of the following?
-guts/quickfeet/marvel scale
-synchronize
-flash fire

Not particularly urgent since I'm not yet close to the battle tower, but thought I'd ask it while I can remember.

Sat May 05, 2012 3:38 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

A Flame or Toxic Orb will only burn or poison the item's holder. If that Pokemon uses U-Turn, that orb won't poison the next Pokemon to switch in...unless it too is holding an orb.

Orbs will activate Guts/Marvel Scale and the like, but it won't activate Synchronize or Flash Fire; Synchronize only triggers when hit by an opponent's move, and Flash Fire only triggers when the user is hit by a Fire-type attack. (Besides, all Pokemon with Flash Fire are Fire-type anyway, and thus cannot be burned.)

Sat May 05, 2012 12:25 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Pokemon_trainer wrote:
Hello there,

Not sure whether this has been discussed or not, but I have got a question here.
Since nintendo event can be shared in ruby/sapphire/emerald through the mixing of records, does heart gold and soul silver have the same feature?

IF i am right you can send nintendo events through ds wireless comunications
or
by infrared(in bw only)

Mon May 21, 2012 8:49 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Anish111 wrote:
Pokemon_trainer wrote:
Hello there,

Not sure whether this has been discussed or not, but I have got a question here.
Since nintendo event can be shared in ruby/sapphire/emerald through the mixing of records, does heart gold and soul silver have the same feature?

IF i am right you can send nintendo events through ds wireless comunications
or
by infrared(in bw only)

I know in Gen 4 that the only event you may transfer via DS Wireless is the Japanese Secret Key in Platinum (not the English one). I'm not sure if you can transfer Gen 5 Wonder Cards either; I don't think you can.

Mon May 21, 2012 1:12 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Actually, you cant transfer Wonder Cards through Wi-Fi. I dont know if they can be transferred from game to game by restart, and I DONT want to find out if thats possible or not.

Goodbye
"

Mon May 21, 2012 1:33 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

How In the world do I get the tree ( it looks like a sudowoodo) TO MOVE! I walked around the city for 20 miniutes unable to figure out what to do, although I got an Evee out of it :mrgreen:

Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:48 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

If your talking about Goldenrod City, you just need to go to the house next to the gym and get a SquirtBottle or w/e its called.
Then, spray it on the Sudowoodo.
I would recommend saving, then trying to capture it at all costs, since its VERY RARE.
Its pretty much common knowledge.

Goodbye
"

Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:43 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

^^
Thankyou! :D Btw I am going to catch it, only for pokedex though.

Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:17 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Eventhough SS is still putting a smackdown on my team, I'm arming myself with the walkthrough, sorta.
But there is something I cant find. I gave all of the Oran Berries to my pokemon, now I have none left (they were used).
I've been growing Sitrus Berries thinking they are similar. My question is that if I feed Sitrus Berries to the sick Miltank, will it work?
And if no, how can I get more Oran Berries?

Goodbye
"

Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:48 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

You must feed the Miltank oran berries in order for it to get better. You will need 7 in total.

To get an Oran berry, I think you should trade a blue shard to the Juggler in Violet City. If you don't have a blue shard, you have a chance of finding one when you use rock smash.

Good luck! :)

sad but rad

Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:23 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Can I obtain a Togekiss without it being traded to me? If so, how and when?

Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:55 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Porpoise wrote:
Can I obtain a Togekiss without it being traded to me? If so, how and when?
No. There arent any events for HGSS, and it has to be traded.

Goodbye
"

Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:12 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Togekiss isn't an event Pokemon.

Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:42 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

1. That is beside the point; and 2. Technically, Togekiss is an event pokemon, due to the birthday event.

Goodbye
"

Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:26 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

It is not an event-exclusive Pokemon. How about that?

It is not beside the point since you implied that since there is no event, there is no way to get Togekiss without trading it over.

It no longer matters, I chose against the prospect of Togekiss. Thank you, anyway.

Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:25 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

For the record, you can get a Togekiss without trading. You can get a Shiny Stone after you defeat the E4.
Also, the birthday event is for BW, not HGSS.

Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:49 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I never got a Shiny Stone, so I didnt know that. Or at least, I dont think I have one.
And I am well aware the event is for BW, since my birthday is next month and I've been searching for Wi-Fi access everywhere.

Goodbye
"

Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:39 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Cherrygrove wrote:
For the record, you can get a Togekiss without trading. You can get a Shiny Stone after you defeat the E4.
Also, the birthday event is for BW, not HGSS.

Specifically, the Shiny Stone is purchased at PokeAthlon. It can be purchased for 3000 points on any day of the week save Tuesday and Friday.

Samurott wrote:
And I am well aware the event is for BW, since my birthday is next month and I've been searching for Wi-Fi access everywhere.

Then don't bring a BW event up in an HGSS thread.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:05 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

DNA wrote:
There could be a few reasons:

~If your Pokemon was level 100 already
~If it was a simultaneous KO; e.g. it used Volt Tackle, KOing both you and itself, leaving no surviving combatants that fought it

Experience is awarded at the time of KO, so I'm willing to bet that Pikachu used Volt Tackle for a double KO, thus denying your points. I could be wrong, though...perhaps it was something else? What exactly happened when it was knocked out?

No, I defeated it, Dragonite was still out and took on Lapras or whatever came next. But no experience. I was pretty bummed.

Image (by Ender)

Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:14 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

khoufu wrote:
No, I defeated it, Dragonite was still out and took on Lapras or whatever came next. But no experience. I was pretty bummed.

Is your Dragonite at Lv. 100? That's the level cap in the main series, meaning it won't gain any additional points after hitting 100.

Excluding that and a double KO, I'm not sure what other restriction would come into play, as I believe the Red match does allow for Exp. gain. Is it possible you were given the points, but you missed the message?

Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 954 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next