It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 DVs, Stat Ranges and the DV Calculator concerns 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

To anyone with knowledge of DVs and max stat ranges (at level 100), this may be of interest to you...

I've used psypokes for a very long time as it is a fantastic reference tool for everything pokemon and my fav generation is the metallic games. I still play them today, and quite luckily my cartridges still seem to be working! (touch wood)

Anyway, I noticed something strange when checking out the stats of several of my LVL 100s that I have accumulated. I'll show you what I mean...

Here is my Octillery LVL 100 with 312HP. I noticed in the psydex that the ranges for the HP stat of this particular pokemon are 323-353 and even when using the DV Calculator it kept telling me I had an invalid stat for HP! I caught the remoraid at level 20 and raised it up from there by battling only (did not use Rare Candies). And this is what frustrates me.

I have several other pokemon who's stats are also BELOW the suggested ranges (e.g. Jolteon with 296HP when the range is 303-333, and Sp A and Sp D 284 and 254 respectively when their ranges are 288-318 and 258-288)

Does ANYBODY know why some of my pokemon have such below par stats as my stats have all had 'Max Stat EXP' as I have raised them all by battling????? Does using permanent Stat Enhancers like HP UP, Protein, etc affect the long term stat growth (or even affect DVs) of your pokemon?? (as I do remember using a couple on these pokemon)

Thanks in advance! It would be greatly appreciated if someone would be able to figure this out!

Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:47 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

The answer is simple: you don't have maximum Stat Exp. Simply leveling up your Pokemon to Level 100 does not mean that they have full Stat Exp., nor does giving them vitamins until the game says they won't have any effect on the Pokemon. (When that happens, that means you're actually only about halfway complete on Stat Exp.) Keep fighting wild Pokemon with your Level 100 Pokemon and deposit and withdraw them from the PC and see if their stats go up.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:51 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Frost wrote:
The answer is simple: you don't have maximum Stat Exp. Simply leveling up your Pokemon to Level 100 does not mean that they have full Stat Exp., nor does giving them vitamins until the game says they won't have any effect on the Pokemon. (When that happens, that means you're actually only about halfway complete on Stat Exp.) Keep fighting wild Pokemon with your Level 100 Pokemon and deposit and withdraw them from the PC and see if their stats go up.

Ok thanks, i'll give it a try. I did read about how battling certain pokemon rewards stat EXP for certain stats in later generations (in terms of EVs) but was unsure about G/S/C. Are there any specific pokemon that will increase the HP stat or do I simply just have to keep battling and gaining exp in general and keep depositing and withdrawing until i notice stat changes??

Oh and one more question... My Murkrow recently caught Pokerus from a wild pokemon and passed it on to all of my legendaries (in their 70s at the mo). Can level 100 catch pokerus because my legendaries caught it pretty much instantly by simply being in my team with the infected murkrow, but i can't seem to make my level 100s catch it???

Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:10 am
THE POWER IS ON!

BryJovi88 wrote:
Ok thanks, i'll give it a try. I did read about how battling certain pokemon rewards stat EXP for certain stats in later generations (in terms of EVs) but was unsure about G/S/C. Are there any specific pokemon that will increase the HP stat or do I simply just have to keep battling and gaining exp in general and keep depositing and withdrawing until i notice stat changes??

Stat Exp. is a bit different from Effort Values. Rather than one or two specific stats being raised after you defeat a Wild Pokemon, Stat Exp. is boosted in every stat after winning a battle. The amount of Stat Exp. added to your Pokemon's total depends on the base stats of the wild Pokemon. For example, let's say your Octillery fights a wild Rattata, whose base stats are 30/56/35/25/35/72, and defeats it. This means that your Octillery gains 30 HP, 56 Attack, 35 Defense, 25 Special Attack, 35 Special Defense and 72 Speed Stat Exp. points all at once. However, to reach full Stat Exp. requires something like 60,000+ points in every stat, which is likely why your Octillery and other Pokemon have lower-end stats.

Some common wild Pokemon that you can battle to boost particular stats are Jigglypuff or Wobbuffet for HP; Ursaring or Donphan for Attack; Graveler or Onix for Defense; Abra for Special Attack; Tentacool or Tentacruel for Special Defense; and Diglett, Dugtrio or Fearow for Speed.

You can stuff your Pokemon full of vitamins until a certain point, which I believe is about 40-50% until Stat Exp. is maximized, and then you'll have to do the rest by battling other Pokemon. Normally, you would be stuck at your current stats because your Pokemon are Level 100, but there's thankfully a programming quirk that recalculates your Pokemon's stats everytime you withdraw it from the PC. This is how you can keep training your Pokemon in Stat Exp. even after it hits Level 100 and still see stat increases.

Also, I'm not sure about Level 100s catching Pokerus. Sorry.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:49 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Frost wrote:
BryJovi88 wrote:

Stat Exp. is a bit different from Effort Values. Rather than one or two specific stats being raised after you defeat a Wild Pokemon, Stat Exp. is boosted in every stat after winning a battle. The amount of Stat Exp. added to your Pokemon's total depends on the base stats of the wild Pokemon. For example, let's say your Octillery fights a wild Rattata, whose base stats are 30/56/35/25/35/72, and defeats it. This means that your Octillery gains 30 HP, 56 Attack, 35 Defense, 25 Special Attack, 35 Special Defense and 72 Speed Stat Exp. points all at once. However, to reach full Stat Exp. requires something like 60,000+ points in every stat, which is likely why your Octillery and other Pokemon have lower-end stats.

Some common wild Pokemon that you can battle to boost particular stats are Jigglypuff or Wobbuffet for HP; Ursaring or Donphan for Attack; Graveler or Onix for Defense; Abra for Special Attack; Tentacool or Tentacruel for Special Defense; and Diglett, Dugtrio or Fearow for Speed.

You can stuff your Pokemon full of vitamins until a certain point, which I believe is about 40-50% until Stat Exp. is maximized, and then you'll have to do the rest by battling other Pokemon. Normally, you would be stuck at your current stats because your Pokemon are Level 100, but there's thankfully a programming quirk that recalculates your Pokemon's stats everytime you withdraw it from the PC. This is how you can keep training your Pokemon in Stat Exp. even after it hits Level 100 and still see stat increases.

Thaks again frost for the quick reply, I'll take on board all the advice. It does make a lot of sense, but yeh the hard part is trying to figure out when my octillery, for example, reaches max stat exp of each stat :) fun fun

I've just thought that i can probs battle lots of Chanseys to boost the HP Stat Exp ;)

Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:19 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

BryJovi88 wrote:
Frost wrote:
BryJovi88 wrote:

Thaks again frost for the quick reply, I'll take on board all the advice. It does make a lot of sense, but yeh the hard part is trying to figure out when my octillery, for example, reaches max stat exp of each stat :) fun fun

I've just thought that i can probs battle lots of Chanseys to boost the HP Stat Exp ;)

if you can find enough chansey's to do that you are my hero..

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:45 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:

Quote:
if you can find enough chansey's to do that you are my hero..

haha i forgot that chansey only has a 1% encounter rate in g/s/c :p i think i'll just take octillery through the elite four a fair few times and see if its stats start to increase.

its surprising to see from this list (http://www.psypokes.com/gsc/maxstats.php?stat=hp) that Noctowl is ranked 21 for base HP with 100 (the same as Tyranitar, Celebi and Mew!) and im guessing theyre quite a common sight at night. awesome :D

Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:10 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

it is kind of sad that all changed right??

but there was only 251 in the day not 470something

Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:02 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

KingErick wrote:

Indeed! I know exactly where you're comin from.

251, in my opinion, is the perfect number of pokemon. OK, some of the new pkmn are cool but MOST of them are just wrong or crap copies of the original 251.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:22 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

BryJovi88 wrote:
KingErick wrote:

Indeed! I know exactly where you're comin from.

251, in my opinion, is the perfect number of pokemon. OK, some of the new pkmn are cool but MOST of them are just wrong or crap copies of the original 251.

exactly, and there is so many "good" ones that fun/gimmick pokemon are rarely used :(

choices, choices, choices :P

im a simple guy.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]