It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 battle tower 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

OK, you know how in battle tower if your poke is above lvl 50, in the lvl 50 category, you get pushed down (similar to the lvl 50 battles over wi-fi except wi-fi pushed it both up and down whereas the Btower only pushed down)

well, im trying to figure out whether my evs are taken into account.

Let's say my pokemon just recently finished EV training and with all the vitamins and all the weak grinding, all the EV points accumulated BUT my pokemon hasn't had enough levels yet to show all those stat increases. If my poke is level 70 and it has to be pushed down to lvl 50, will it re-calculate only base stats or will it change my EVs assuming they had all been added in?
So, basically, would a poke with all EV points at level 70->50 (re-calculation necessary) be stronger than a level 50 EV trained poke (EVs not yet added in completely because needs more levelling up).

Does that make sense and can anyone shed light on this mechanic?

Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:29 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

solieus wrote:
So, basically, would a poke with all EV points at level 70->50 (re-calculation necessary) be stronger than a level 50 EV trained poke (EVs not yet added in completely because needs more levelling up).

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. The bonus from EVs is scaled to the level, as are most other parts of the stat modifiers.

If I recall correctly, the actual stats of a pokemon are calculated as followed:

HP = 10 + (100 + 2*base + EV/4 + IV) * level/100
stat = 5 + (2*base + EV/4 + IV) * level/100 * nature

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:31 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Here is the answer to your question. Yes. If you have all your EVs done on your Pokemon at level 70, and it hasn't gotten a level to show this whenever the level is decreased on the Battle Tower, or Wi-Fi the level decrease takes into account the EVs given to that Pokemon.

So lets say your Pokemon has its 112 Ev's in Attack and is at level 70 and hasn't grown a level with the EVs and its stat is 225. When it goes to level 50 in whatever area you are at, the game takes into account that Pokemon's IV for its Attack stat and applies the EVs to that stat. So its Attack could be like 185 or something.

Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:37 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

thnaks guys. I dunno how anyone's able to figure this out, but I'm glad someone (or multiple someones) did!

Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]