It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 What will your Heart Gold + Soul Silver team be? 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

DavvB wrote:
How about a Scyther? It gives me a strong attacker, plus a flying type addition that I don't have.

Narrowed it down to Scyther/Kingler/Golem.

Of those two, Scyther or Golem.
I recommended Kingler for the Water addition, but that's it.
And you can teach Nidoqueen Surf (unless that's changed).

That's my input

Sat May 01, 2010 4:34 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

My team with 5 Kanto badges: {feraligatr} Irwin lv 50, {noctowl} Athena lv 46, {dragonair} Lisbeth lv 48, {scizor} Ezio lv 48, {snorlax} Goliath lv 50, {jolteon} Tesla lv 40

Stupidly low for where I am, but I'm muddling through.

Sun May 02, 2010 5:24 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
rio_uk wrote:
My team with 5 Kanto badges: {feraligatr} Irwin lv 50, {noctowl} Athena lv 46, {dragonair} Lisbeth lv 48, {scizor} Ezio lv 48, {snorlax} Goliath lv 50, {jolteon} Tesla lv 40

You got it all backwards...that's actually high for where you are...

Spoinkable wrote:
DavvB wrote:
How about a Scyther? It gives me a strong attacker, plus a flying type addition that I don't have.

Narrowed it down to Scyther/Kingler/Golem.

Of those two, Scyther or Golem.
I recommended Kingler for the Water addition, but that's it.
And you can teach Nidoqueen Surf (unless that's changed).

That's my input

Also though, I say no Golem as it's secondary type is Ground like Nidoqueen but unlike Nidoqueen may be a, boring one per say, I say maybe think about weither you want Kingler for Physical Water Type attack(s) or Nidoqueen for Special Water Type attack(s)...hope we helped you make a decision of some kind...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sun May 02, 2010 11:25 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:
rio_uk wrote:

lol, he said KANTO badges. not johto badges. so he's battling other low fifty high forty leveled pokemon.

Sun May 02, 2010 11:35 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Ryder wrote:
lol, he said KANTO badges. not johto badges. so he's battling other low fifty high forty leveled pokemon.

Oh...right, the word Kanto was there...couldn't see it that well I guess cause I have trouble seeing capital Ks sometimes & I always use capital letters when refferencing to regions so my bad, & it was capitalize too, a rare error on my part & apologies Rio_uk...

So what I should have said was that those levels are actually on pair with where you would be with 5 Kanto badges obtained...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Sun May 02, 2010 1:29 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Ryder wrote:
Lawence Codye wrote:
rio_uk wrote:

Actually, I've got eight badges with that team now :S Hardly anything leveled up since then.

Mon May 03, 2010 1:18 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

rio_uk wrote:
rio_uk wrote:

Actually, I've got eight badges with that team now :S Hardly anything leveled up since then.

Are you not battling any trainers?

Mon May 03, 2010 6:59 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Yeah cause by time I got to Mt. Silver, my pokemon were without question just slightly above LV 60...weird, though of course I battled every single trainer in the game up to that point though...

Mon May 03, 2010 7:13 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

at the moment my team is:
metagross
lucario
gallade
slowbro
starmie
and
alakazam

all level one hundred. I EV trained them then rare candied them with rare candies from emerald version. god how i love pal park. :D

Mon May 03, 2010 7:25 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ryder wrote:
metagross
lucario
gallade
slowbro
starmie
and
alakazam

all level one hundred. I EV trained them then rare candied them with rare candies from emerald version. god how i love pal park. :D

That's some outrageous dedication.
EV training alone is SO commendable, but Pal Parking your Rare Candies for all of them?
Good Arceus!

Lawence Codye wrote:
Yeah cause by time I got to Mt. Silver, my pokemon were without question just slightly above LV 60...weird, though of course I battled every single trainer in the game up to that point though...

Me, too. But I'm weird about having to battle everyone.

Mon May 03, 2010 9:15 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Spoinkable wrote:
Good Arceus!

I see what you did there...

Spoinkable wrote:
Me, too. But I'm weird about having to battle everyone.

Well, I always, always make time to battle every trainer everywhere when I go through any of the games ever cause I don't want to miss any easy experience they give out...plus I don't do competitive battling so...

Mon May 03, 2010 10:47 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Spoinkable wrote:
Ryder wrote:
metagross
lucario
gallade
slowbro
starmie
and
alakazam

That's some outrageous dedication.
EV training alone is SO commendable, but Pal Parking your Rare Candies for all of them?
Good Arceus!

I think i was misunderstood, and i prob didnt word it correctly. several of them were from emerald version, so i EV trained and rare candy'ed them THEN pal parked. lol not lucario, though. i actually did have to pal park a ton of rare candies for him. XD

Last edited by Ryder on Tue May 04, 2010 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 04, 2010 12:53 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Well Ryder that's fantastic & also...QUOTE ERROR ALERT, do you see it?...okay, that's better...

Anywho, I have my Battle Frontier Team (I mean the ingame one not the site's) for presentation & here it is;

1. {gliscor}
2. {whiscash}
3. {mamoswine}
4. {torterra}
5. {camerupt}
6. {rhyperior}
7. Backup will be some kind of Legendary pokemon that is allowed into the Battle Frontier battles

I might make a Water Team as well for the same reason...

Last edited by Lawence Codye on Tue May 04, 2010 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 04, 2010 1:20 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

lol, oops. fixing it now. XP
EDIT: fixed :D

Tue May 04, 2010 1:21 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

As of right now, my team is mostly high 40's, low 50's, with 14 gym badges. kinda low, but it's hard to get enough experience. if we had the vs. seeker, this would be so much easier than just battling the trainers the first time, maybe registering a phone number, then flying everywhere when someone calls you. But then again, i rarely actually battle the people again; i just register them to have options.

To be on topic, I'm aiming to have these pokemon or some combination of them on my team:
Typhlosion (check)
Lugia (check)
Ampharos/Raikou/Electivire (check on Ampharos for now)
Dragonite/Tyranitar (think i'm gonna have to go with tyranitar on this one....)
Gyarados (shiny, check)
...and maybe Latias/Latios or some other legendary that balances out my team well

Tue May 04, 2010 7:05 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

right now i am leveling up my army team of nine tales every ninetales but one has been traded to me by you people here some started out as vulpix i turned then in to nine tales
the leader is my shinny nintales i got from some one here

Wed May 05, 2010 5:47 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

hey, does anyone have a good training spot (other than the elite four)? rite now, i'm trying to turn a lvl 50 dragonair and pupitar into dragonite and tyranitar (respectively). just one more badge to go (out of 16). then, off to face Red!! but i need to level up first, and some pokemon just aren't good against the elite four, which is why i need a good training spot/tips.

EDIT: don't want to get in trouble for being off-topic...
current team levels:
{typhlosion} lvl 52
{ampharos} lvl 51
{gyarados} lvl 51
{lugia} lvl 50
{pupitar} lvl 50
{dragonair} lvl 50
now you can see why i need to train; i should be about ten levels higher, i think (for all pokemon)

Wed May 05, 2010 7:48 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

As far as rare candying to lv 100 on emerald, I would question why you wouldn't place 2 pokemon in the daycare, and tape the up button in front of a bike ramp... just need to fix the moves afterward, but it is a lot cheaper, and faster than rare candying assuming you aren't glitching for the candies. (they fixed this for FR/LG d/p/p and hg/ss)

As for training... your rival challenges you on certain days, There is the battle at the dragon's lair place with lance and claire, and Mt. Silver for wild pokemon

my planned team: (I restarted)
{espeon} (special sweeper) Psychic, Calm mind, Shadow ball, Grass Knot
{scyther} (physical sweeper) X-Scissor, Brick break, Aerial Ace, night slash
{aggron} (physical wall) head smash, iron head, dragon claw, Earthquake (rock head prevents the 1/2 recoil damage of head smash)
{milotic} (special wall) Surf, Ice beam, Dragon pulse, aqua ring (holding leftovers)
{umbreon} (THE wall) Curse, payback, toxic, mean look (also holding left overs) toxi-traps, and curses while toxic KO's, then payback

I'm going to use my cyndaquil to reach golden rod, then I'll get an eevee (umbreon-to-be) and umbreon, scyther, and the milotic (ill trade an egg) will beat the E4, then I'll trade over the Espeon (lv.6 now) and the Aggron (not yet bred) for Kanto

Scyther is EV trained, Espeon is in the process, and Umbreon, milotic, and aggron will be EV trained (I love macho brace, pokerus, and the speed & attack & sp. Attack bracers)

I'll probably throw 101 C47 in there too...
{persian} Payday, slash, shock wave, water pulse (holds an amulet coin, and he is SO worth it!)
on my firered this guy paid for my thunderbolt gengar, a ton of evolution stones, scyther's mommy, a timid Porygon-Z, and so much more...

and then there are these guys: ironically their names are "tool4578" and "tool126T" poor guys . . .
{golduck} whirlpool, strength, rock climb, waterfall
{skarmory} cut, rock smash, fly, theif

Thu May 06, 2010 3:30 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Nabkov wrote:
As for training... your rival challenges you on certain days, There is the battle at the dragon's lair place with lance and claire, and Mt. Silver for wild pokemon

He can't get to Mt. Silver until he gets his 16th Badge & I was going to suggest Cerulean Cave but it's the same senario as Mt. Silver, not until you have 16 Badges so I suggest...battling trainer via the cellphone (yeah, I know) & training in Victory Road or if you have been in it, Seafoam Island as this is what I did when I needed to get on par with Blue's team...

Thu May 06, 2010 4:50 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Sorry to get off subject but @ Cody: There are 4 trainers who will battle every 6 or 8 hour (they have a time slot on a weekly baisis and will battle more than once) and after 3-4 battles their teams get within the 60's

Back on track: I beat the Elite 4 and have been grinding against the weak one making my ultimate team..

What is it you ask?

Rock Type!!

{tyranitar} {regirock} {lunatone} {omastar} {aerodactyl} {rhyperior}

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Thu May 06, 2010 6:22 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

muchos gracias, lawence_codye and KingErick. just got out of seafoam islands, incidentally, so i may take a trip back there. cellphone thingy sucks, but is effective if you have enough numbers. oh, btw, you forgot to kind of mention, KingErick: where can i find these mystery trainers? to update with what's going on with my team, the dragonair's now lvl 52, so is the ampharos and gyarados. kinda sad. but, hopefully that'll change soon...

Thu May 06, 2010 6:28 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

rex09 wrote:
muchos gracias, lawence_codye and KingErick. just got out of seafoam islands, incidentally, so i may take a trip back there. cellphone thingy sucks, but is effective if you have enough numbers. oh, btw, you forgot to kind of mention, KingErick: where can i find these mystery trainers? to update with what's going on with my team, the dragonair's now lvl 52, so is the ampharos and gyarados. kinda sad. but, hopefully that'll change soon...

Dragonair is pretty much going to take a minute to train so there is not really a way around that unless you have a Lucky Egg which doubles any Exp gained for the pokemon holding it during any type of battle as long as you would have normally have gained Exp from it...

Fri May 07, 2010 2:19 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

alrite, i got both the {tyranitar} and the {dragonite} now, using a combo of E4, stupid phone crap, and seafoam islands. but i'm kinda pissed about it, as both lost their shed skin ability... is that something either can hold onto? though, sand stream on tyranitar makes up for it. but i don't care about inner focus on dragonite. also just raised most of my team to level 53. threw kadabra out; who needs it with lugia?? may bring it back for blue, but after that, probably a goner... but maybe i'll use it in battle frontier; just have to wait and see.

Sat May 08, 2010 3:54 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

rex09 wrote:
alrite, i got both the {tyranitar} and the {dragonite} now, using a combo of E4, stupid phone crap, and seafoam islands. but i'm kinda pissed about it, as both lost their shed skin ability... is that something either can hold onto? though, sand stream on tyranitar makes up for it. but i don't care about inner focus on dragonite. also just raised most of my team to level 53. threw kadabra out; who needs it with lugia?? may bring it back for blue, but after that, probably a goner... but maybe i'll use it in battle frontier; just have to wait and see.

I say this to you, no they can't retain their Shed Skin ability since it's only for the pokemon stage that had the ability & sadly Inner Focus is all you get with Dragonite & also, I would use Kadabra in the Frontier but only cause Lugia isn't allow to step foot into a battle that goes on there...

Sat May 08, 2010 6:37 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

thanks for the info on the abilities. that's such bs though. perfectly good abilities... wasted. oh well. good point about the kadabra. mine is already lvl 52 with a moveset of recover, shadow ball, psychic, and... and... crap, can't remember. whatever, once i beat red i'll have lots of time to mess around with that stuff. hmmm, i wonder what i should train next... maybe a salamence or lucario. no, wait, houndoom. no, electabuzz. (these are some of my favorites, so using them in the battle frontier is what'll be next). after creaming red and blue i'll work on that.

Sat May 08, 2010 8:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next