It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Shaymin 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

The Oak's Letter will be available on Wi-Fi from September 28 until November 8 for Pokemon Platinum
See here at http://www.pokemon.com/ for more information.
Yay.

[color=#00FF00]Diamond --Friend Code: 2492-7598-5769 --Name: SUPER JK --Play Time: over 754 hours --ID No.: 05221
Pokedex: 493 Awe yeah! --Score: 60689 --Adventure Started: Apr. 22, 2007 --Card: Silver --Money: 999,999 poke[/color]

Last edited by Mighty Meat Wongen on Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:04 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Awesome, just got the National Dex on Platinum too.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:08 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

Sticky'd, thanks for the info.

I guess I'll keep piling up event items in Platinum Version, even though I only have two badges and probably will never complete the game anyway.

Also, I hope Nintendo gives out the Member's Card again.... I was too lazy to get it and I kept putting it off until it was too late. :(

Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:39 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Krisp wrote:
Also, I hope Nintendo gives out the Member's Card again.... I was too lazy to get it and I kept putting it off until it was too late. :(

Yeah same here. For some reason I kept thinking I had to actually have the National Dex just to get the card.

I shoulda known better. :oops:

Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:26 am
Profile YIM WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Krisp wrote:

Same. -lazy-

Looking forward to this event!

Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:25 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

AWESOME! Can't wait for Shaymin. :)

Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:38 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I hate how all the Wi-Fi events are for Platinum. >.> I'm going to have to get the Darkrai and Shaymin from someone.

Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:07 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Poe wrote:
I hate how all the Wi-Fi events are for Platinum. >.> I'm going to have to get the Darkrai and Shaymin from someone.

I know how you feel, dude. Actually, I normally have to get the events, most recently Darkrai, FOR someone else who doesn't have Wi-Fi. My friends are all moochers...

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:50 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Is it only for platinum? :frustrated:

Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:06 pm
Profile YIM
PROBATION
PROBATION

Woo, shaymin {shaymin} I alreday have one off wi-fi but it needs gracadia flower to make it epic in sky form.
Quote:
It is a bit shocking that the event is only for Platinum, that is very unfair, but the Darkrai event just gone was for platinum because there was an earlier one for diamond and pearl. This one just gives the playinum buyers a chance to get it. But i'm unsure if there was one for shaymin in diamond/pearl. Hmm...Anyways...My friend has platinum, i will 'borrow' it off him for a day or so and get it. he won't know, he doesn't check the pokemon news haha, serves himself right

{darkrai} Palindrome {darkrai}

Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:22 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

So could someone please point me to a link or site where it says this event is only for Pokémon Platinum? I have checked both pokemon.com and pokemonplatinum.com, and neither site really says that it's only for Platinum. I'm not saying anyone is wrong, (and considering that the Shaymin event for D/P has already went by I personally believe that it's Platinum only), but there isn't very much evidence to prove it either way, as far as I can tell.

Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:18 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

"With Oak's Letter, you can unlock a new scenario in Pokemon Platinum Version"

Apparently, you didn't check the site closely enough.

Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:45 pm
PROBATION
PROBATION

Stupid noob

Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:31 am
THE POWER IS ON!

-palindrome- wrote:
Stupid noob

Consider this your first and only warning to stop insulting people like that.

Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:13 am
PROBATION
PROBATION

Keh

Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:28 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Yay!!! Today is the Shaymin event. I'm gonna go catch it now.

EDIT: I caught mine too! I caught it with a Pokeball. I am gonna train to be better than my brother's.(even though he hasn't gotten his yet)

Last edited by Psychic_Espeon_16 on Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:21 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

It's EVIL. Synthesis and leech seed?! On top of that, it's got growth. I'm taking a break from soft-resetting.(In fact, I'm typing this on my DSi.) It has a Lum Berry too. Funny thing is, 3 times I've caught it on the first Repeat Ball thrown, and the one time I didn't I got it on the second Repeat Ball.(The first Repeat Ball I threw when it wasn't asleep.)
EDIT: I caught the Shaymin I wanted while it had full HP.(It was asleep though.) Timid, and thanks to a combination of its characteristic and the Battle Tower IV Judge, I know it has perfect Speed and Special Defense IVs. Not sure about the others yet.

Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:58 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Haha too bad I will never complete platinum in time for this event. :violin:

Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:33 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

You can download the card without completing it. You just have to have the national dex before you attempt to catch Shaymin.

Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:35 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Ugh this thing's stupid. I had to catch this thing 6 times because it had horrible IVs. It's so annoying to chuck Ultra Balls for 10 minutes, walk all the way back through Victory Road (forgot something with Fly), finally make it to the Pokemon League just to find that the damn thing has 3 IVs of 0 and the other ones range from 3-8. Soft reset, rinse, repeat. I finally settled on one with a 23 IV in Sp. Attack. Stupid Chia-Pet-looking whore...at least the Gracidea works. Oh, and as a final kick in the pants I WASN'T EVEN CATCHING IT FOR MYSELF. Caught Shaymin 6 times for someone else. I'm done ranting. /sob story :violin:

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:51 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Why not Dusk or Repeat balls if you got the TRU one? And it was laughably easy for me to catch. I caught it on the first or second repeat ball every single time I soft resetted, and every time It was asleep, I got it on the first one. And you think you're unlucky IV wise, I caught Raikou in FireRed, and it had 5 IVs of zero. Five.

Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:04 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Aww, why can't it be for Pearl...I dont really wanna buy platinum. Shame

Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:59 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Cactuar wrote:
Why not Dusk or Repeat balls if you got the TRU one? And it was laughably easy for me to catch. I caught it on the first or second repeat ball every single time I soft resetted, and every time It was asleep, I got it on the first one. And you think you're unlucky IV wise, I caught Raikou in FireRed, and it had 5 IVs of zero. Five.

Oh, it was very easy to catch actually. It's just freaking annoying to do it over and over again just to figure out it sucks IV-wise, you know? And that sucks about the Raikou thing. It happens, though.

Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:30 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Sweet just got my Oak's letter. Not up to getting the National Dex from Oak yet, still only have 6 badges on Platinum and my pokes are only at Lv 47. Dumb question but I have the letter and saved, it really shouldn't matter how long I take to get the national dex right?It's not going to time out or anything?

... Is it just me or is Shaymin a gay Echidna.

Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:37 am
THE POWER IS ON!

PkmnMaster01 wrote:
... Is it just me or is Shaymin a gay Echidna.

:|

Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next