It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 HG/SS trainer and Pokemon sprites, dumped 
Lite Four
Lite Four

http://i32.tinypic.com/n4blzt.jpg

Here.

This thread is for discussion of how awesome/cool/mediocre/horrible the sprites look.

Personally my favorites are Janine and Sabrina. Actually, two of Psypoke's most awesome and sexy members are using them as avatars. Other favorites (but aren't hot enough to be in my avatar) are Falkner, Morty, Clair, Koga, Will, Lt. Surge, and Silver. Oh, and Gold too, but he's always been awesome.

Sprites that were disappointing are Brock, Misty, Blaine, and worst of them all, Karen! (yes, that is her next to Koga.)

Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:28 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Red and Giovanni look so damn badass.

Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:29 pm
Profile WWW
THE POWER IS ON!

Like Platinum, I think the new sprites for both the Pokemon and the Gym Leaders are subpar compared to Diamond and Pearl's sprites. My favorite of the Johto Gym Leaders is Falkner's since he looks the most alright; Karen looks hideous and I can't believe that used her official hair color and stuck her in some ugly yellow clothes when she's supposed to be the Dark Elite. Janine and Erika look the best out of Kanto, but Brock, Surge and Sabrina, my three favorites, look way disappointing; Sabrina especially pisses me off because sticking her in random pop star clothes just does not work.

Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:31 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Liar, I know deep down you secretly want to see hot lesbian action between Sabrina and Janine too. With their new HG/SS looks.

Quote:
Red and Giovanni look so damn badass.

I wtf'd. Giovanni? in HG/SS? He wasn't in GSC! I don't know if that's really him, at the bottom...everyone in the chatroom thought he kinda looked like Giovanni, so maybe he is?

If he is, that's pretty epic.

Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:43 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I think that the new sprites are pretty cool, it's nice to see newer versions of the old faces. Morty has weird hair but besides that he's awesome. The only ones that I'm not particularly fond of are Brock (I couldn't even recognize him), Karen and some of the apparent Rocket Admins just because they look creepy. I suppose that was the point, however.

Eusine and Will are fabulous, by the way.

Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:51 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Blaine and Bryce are mac-daddy pedopimps <3

Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:12 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Will here looks just freaky. I really like that. Also, Pryce seems now finer than before.

If you have any problems with breeding, Egg moves, IV:s or EV:s, you can ask me. Feel free to ask other things related to competive battling.

Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:04 am
THE POWER IS ON!

While we're at it, Veekun has the Pokemon sprites: here.

To be perfectly honest, I think that a lot of the new sprites look like crap. For many of the Kanto and Johto Pokemon, the coloring is off, the models are off and the proportions are off. It was like that in Platinum, too, and I'm left wondering why the sprites took a turn to crap after the awesomeness that was DP's set. I mean, look at Mewtwo, Suicune or Ampharos' twig limbs and tell me that they're NOT disproportionate? The Hoenn/Sinnoh sprites are simply cut-and-pastes from Platinum, by the way, which explains why the majority of the Hoenn Pokemon (i.e. the ones not in the Sinnoh Dex in Platinum) look normal.

Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:11 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Krisp wrote:
I wtf'd. Giovanni? in HG/SS? He wasn't in GSC! I don't know if that's really him, at the bottom...everyone in the chatroom thought he kinda looked like Giovanni, so maybe he is?

If he is, that's pretty epic.

I found a video that shows all the leader/important sprites, and it looks like leaders have two sprites, so it looks like they have trainer animations back. At the end of this video, the last sprite is Giovanni taking his hat off. It's him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xC21_vYJgg

Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:33 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I love the new sprites, especially the one where the trainer has the robotic Pikachu!

I generally like all new sprites though, but Moltres looks awesome.

pikabot ava o/

Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:17 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Quote:
http://i32.tinypic.com/n4blzt.jpg

Here.

This thread is for discussion of how awesome/cool/mediocre/horrible the sprites look.

Personally my favorites are Janine and Sabrina. Actually, two of Psypoke's most awesome and sexy members are using them as avatars. Other favorites (but aren't hot enough to be in my avatar) are Falkner, Morty, Clair, Koga, Will, Lt. Surge, and Silver. Oh, and Gold too, but he's always been awesome.

Sprites that were disappointing are Brock, Misty, Blaine, and worst of them all, Karen! (yes, that is her next to Koga.)

Awesome sprites! But the only thing that sucks is that all the non-story mode characters. They are all Platinum sprites. No cool. But still, not bad.8-)

Last edited by pokemon_god on Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:54 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

My favorite Trainer sprites would have to be Blaine, Lt. Surge, Red, Blue, Koga, and Janine.

Like Frost, some of them do seem wrong Mewtwo's limbs look like spindly little twigs. One Pokemon sprite I do like is Arcanine.

Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:37 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Frost wrote:
While we're at it, Veekun has the Pokemon sprites: here.

To be perfectly honest, I think that a lot of the new sprites look like crap. For many of the Kanto and Johto Pokemon, the coloring is off, the models are off and the proportions are off. It was like that in Platinum, too, and I'm left wondering why the sprites took a turn to crap after the awesomeness that was DP's set. I mean, look at Mewtwo, Suicune or Ampharos' twig limbs and tell me that they're NOT disproportionate? The Hoenn/Sinnoh sprites are simply cut-and-pastes from Platinum, by the way, which explains why the majority of the Hoenn Pokemon (i.e. the ones not in the Sinnoh Dex in Platinum) look normal.

They really do look horrible. The only good looking sprites are Tyranitar and Lugia.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:16 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Oh, my God.

Most of the trainer sprites look terribly fan-made, out-of-character and some are weirdly out of proportion. Seriously, that was disappointing.

The only ones I like are a few belonging to characters that are pretty much unimportant, like that waiter, that guy in green dinosaur costume, the burglar, the sage, that guy with the Pikachu robot and the pyromaniac. Gentleman and Beauty aren't so bad either.

And the only important characters whose sprites look reasonably decent are Morty and Falkner. Pryce, Clair and Rival (I think his name is Silver?) are also okay.

Sabrina and Karen are HIDEOUS, I have to completely agree with Frost on this one. Sabrina is particularly OOC, on both her pose and clothing, which really disappoints me since she's one of the hottest female character in my opinion. And, Jesus Christ, what is wrong with Will?

As for the Pokemon sprites, though.... Yeeeeaaah, well... They, uh... suck. I'm with Frost on this one too. Who designed those, seriously? Some are like, so freaking deformed. Kanto and Johto Pokemon look like they were made by Pokeani, while Hoenn and Sinnoh are somewhat decent, but not as good as DP. Totodile is pretty much the only one I love.

I honestly hope they look better when I play the game. =/

Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:25 pm
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

Ew. New sprites killed my secret crush on Sabrina. :(

Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:24 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Serpentsounds wrote:
Ew. New sprites killed my secret crush on Sabrina. :(

I'm treating HG/SS Sabrina as Sabrina from another dimension. Not my waifu, but still easy on the eyes.

Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:02 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'm sorry what they did to Brock and Sabrina is unforgivable. Its like its not the people they originally were. Brock looks like he is about to jump up and punch you in the face. Sabrina looks like she is about to pull out a Kamehameha wave.

Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:09 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Apparently I'm the only one on the planet who likes Sabrina's new look (more than her old one.)

Actually, her new sprite is my favorite out of the Kanto Gym Leaders, with Janine being a very close second. Actually, for the most part, I think the sprites are pretty nice. The only one that is AWFUL is Karen, lol.

Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:45 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Krisp wrote:
Apparently I'm the only one on the planet who likes Sabrina's new look (more than her old one.)

Trust me, your not, her new sprite is just sheer awesome, I think Claire's is awesome too, I have to say though I wish I could play as Silver instead of Gold, Silver's sprite is pure awesome, yes, I said awesome 4 times in this post, which is awesome! (D'oh! 5 times)

Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:21 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Red's sprite was very well done. I think it's one of the best sprites for a trainer they came up with recently.

Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:34 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I think they all look amazing. Clair and Will look the best in terms of trainers; Mewtwo looks awesome in the way of Pokemon.

Last edited by Electrike! on Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:55 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I could have died happy after I saw Giovanni's sprite. Trenchcoat and fedora look... that was just wow. You also have to love Pryce's one when it moves (The scarves billow!).

I agree that Sabrina could look better. I liked her look in the first gen with the whip and long hair that was sexy this one is a bit... like third gen psychics they aren't sexy.

Other ones I like well, most of them are cool I'm going to buy the game now, definitely, just to look at these lovely sprites.

One of the best set ever.

Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:36 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

All of the new sprites are good. I like them.

Pokemon Pearl FC:2749 9225 9473

Up for a battle anytime! Just PM me.

Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:27 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Most of the trainer sprites look good, Lance doesn't look as cool, and Will looks like a douchebag. As for the pokemon sprites, they are anything but amazing. They are horribly out of proportion.

Ampharos looks like a retard, they ruined my favourite pokemon.
I think we can all agree Steelix's face is LONG and ugly.
Mew looks really wierd, his head is big.
Donphan's right (left) tusk looks messed up.
Look at Muk. Like, seriously.

And here is a list of pokemon with messed up faces:
Raichu
Pikachu
Blastoise
Golem
Charmander
Pinsir (his eyes are funky)
Houndoom
Poliwag
Golduck

And to be completely honest, i haven't played platinum yet, but i'm guessing the D/P Pokemon sprites are from Platinum. They look dumb as well.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:52 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I think most of the Gym Leaders look okay. Will, Falkner, Morty (although his hair is a little messed), Clair (who shouldn't be turned to her side, makes her look bad), Whitney (who looks WAY awesome), Pryce, Erika, the main characters look really great. (with little bits that could be improved) I think Sabrina looks good, but she should have longer hair and a whip, because she looked cooler with those.

Almost all the sprites are eye-sores. I hated looking at them. Mostly heads and arms were disproportionate and made the Pokemon look TERRIBLE. Mewtwo was the best example, (and by best, I mean his sprite made him look weak) of how bad the sprites are. Mewtwo looks like if he can't even pick up a pebble. His arms looked like only skin and bones. A terrible job on the sprites.

I liked the music though, but they shouldhave done better on the sprites.

Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next