It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 *dead post* (please lock/delete) 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

so I'm sure we all know the mew glitch in the game where you don't battle the gambler between lavender and saffron, nor the jr. trainer in cerulean, so I decided to catch a mew, so I obtained fly, walking into the gambers range, opening the menu first, and I flew to cerulean city, but on my way to the jr trainer, I battled a hiker I hadn't battled yet. my menu was working again though, so I flew to lavender town, and found a nidoqueen (lv 7) instead of mew. I restarted, and successfully did the glitch to get mew, then decided to try and do the trick again with the hiker, and it worked... I now have a lv 7 mew, and a lv. 7 nidoqueen

I was hoping that the people who read this could help me by doing the glitch, but battling other trainers besides the jr. trainer. (you can fly away from the gambler multiple times)

so far I have mew and nidoqueen but I'm going to do it again with a bug catcher in cerulean... please post your findings here, and thanks in advance.

Last edited by Nabkov on Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:22 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I would like to add, that the second time I did the trick (with the hiker) rather than the menu popping up before the bettle with mew/nidoqueen/etc. I got a chat bubble that said
Quote:
I am much better at school than this...

lolz

Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:24 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

the jr. trainer (one with rattata) provides another nidoqueen, and once again,
Quote:
I am better at school than this!

after battling a rocket in saffron, I fought a pinsir (lv. 7)... I am using red... AWESOME!
the menu appeared for this one

Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:31 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I believe that the pokemon is determined by the city the trainer you battled was in.
cerulean city is nidoqueen, and saffron is pinsir. I battled random pokemon to see if it affected the outcome, but it didn't

Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:58 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Bit of advice quad posting is twice as worse as double posting.

Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:37 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

the pokemon that is aquired through this glitch is determined by the trainers Pokemon special (the one you just fought) the special is gone through some sort of equation and the result is matched to something on the obtainable pokemon (if i remember right the dex number) i read this either on psypoke or on some other website that i found wile searching for the mew glitchfor my yellow when i first got it which was like half a year ago

Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:48 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

my finding disprove that theory as no matter the number of ties I battled a trainer I always found the trainer unlocked a certain pokemon, that remained the same eery time I used that trainer, and the special stat isn't constant in every battle, hence saving before a battle can mean you fight a pokemon with a high or low defense...

but all this is irrelevant, because this is a dead post... (I moved the thread)

Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]