It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 transferring pokemon from gold to pokemon stadium 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

this question probably fits in two different forums but i think it fits best here...

i just got a N64 tranfer pak and i was wondering if i could tranfer first gen pokemon from my pokemon gold onto the first gen pokemon stadium so i can put them onto my yellow version and vice versa?

i looked on the site here and all over google and got no relating questions so i gave up looking and decided to ask the real pokemon pros that will actually answer my question.

Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:16 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I don't think you can transfer 2nd Gen. Pokemon through Stadium 1. At the time they didn't exist so I don't think the game will recognize them, I could be wrong though. I hope I helped.

Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:05 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

That is impossible. Because Stadium was only invented after RBY came out, the coding doesn't exist for Gen 2 Poke.

Stadium 2 would have the necessary requirements, in this case the actual Pokemon. But there is no way to get Gen 2 Pokemon directly from Gold to Stadium 1. Come to think of it, there's no way to get Gen 1 Pokes directly from Gold to Stadium either...

Hope this helps! (And hope I didn't ruin whatever you're trying to do...)

AEPMT :D 8-) :P :wink: :mrgreen:

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge

Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:43 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

transferring first gen pokemon from gold to stadium 1 is no different than trading first gen pokemon between RBY and GSC or pal parking pokemon from RSE/FRLG to DPP...the earlier games werent designed to trade/pal park with the newer ones but you still can so what makes stadium 1 so different from yellow by means of the possible availability to trade older gens pokemon to/with the newer ones, in this case gold?

Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:00 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

What I'm saying is that there is no way to go directly from Gold to Stadium. Because the only games that Stadium will accept data from is RBY, you need to use them as a mediator.

If you want to get your Pokemon in Gold to Stadium, they have to be Gen 1 Pokemon with no new, different moves from Gen 2; then put in Gen 1 games, then traded to Stadium.

While you're at it, that would accomplish your goal of trading from Gold to Yellow. To sum this up, it is impossible to go straight from Gold to Stadium (which is what I said last time). However, if you put the Gen 1 Pokes from Gold into Yellow first, you can transfer them to Stadium after that. (But didn't you just want to trade from those anyway? :?: :? )

Hope this helps!

AEPMT :D :) :P :wink: :mrgreen:

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge

Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:44 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]