It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Who's gonna be your partner? 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

If I get {chikorita} , I'm going to breed for Ancient Power like I did in Crystal so it can at least fight back vs fire, bug, flying, and ice. And since it already resists electric attacks, I'll just teach it Earthquake (bonus: kills poison types too)... like in Crystal. Because otherwise, a grass pokemon is just so horrible vs Johto gyms and elites. And he still doesn't learn Sleep Powder *sigh*

If this was the old days, the smartest idea is just {cyndaquil} , for Typhlosion, because fire is so useful in this game (and if you can teach him thunderpunch like in GSC, with his special, you won't even need an electric type). But his level-up moves are basically all fire attacks. But I could teach him Earthquake or some other good TM moves.

But actually, I've suddenly changed my mind from 2 minutes ago: I'm getting a {totodile} !!! I didn't like that his SA was his lowest stat in GSC; Teaching him an ice attack was almost waste of a slot, and there weren't a lot of great good variety of TMs for of strong physical attacks in GSC. But that was GenII. I'm so glad in GenIV that finally not all water/electric/ice/etc. moves are strictly Special moves. Feraligatr can take full advantage of his high attack now. I think he has the best level-up moves of the starters, hands down. It caters perfectly to his stat spread, and with a ton of different types of moves. Think about the power of a Feraligatr with Crunch, Brick Break, Earthquake, Rock Slide, and so on? And, holy crap, teach it Swords Dance!?!?? ^^

Sorry. I got a little hyped there.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:43 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
umbreon_rules wrote:
I'm so glad in GenIV that finally not all water/electric/ice/etc. moves are strictly Special moves. Feraligatr can take full advantage of his high attack now. I think he has the best level-up moves of the starters, hands down. It caters perfectly to his stat spread, and with a ton of different types of moves. Think about the power of a Feraligatr with Crunch, Brick Break, Earthquake, Rock Slide, and so on? And, holy crap, teach it Swords Dance!?!?? ^^

I agree, {feraligatr} has the best level-up moves of the 3 without question but I'm not an attack type fan so I stuck with {meganium} ... I need defense in my life.

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:06 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I'm choosing Cyndaquil!!! The first ever Pokemon game i had was Silver, and i had a Cyndaquil then, so I feel like taking a trip down Memory Lane! :D
{cyndaquil} {cyndaquil} {cyndaquil}

Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:18 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Im gonna choose cyndaquil too. it was the starter pokemon i chose in G/S/C. i just never thought totodile or chikorita was very cool. go cyndaquil! {cyndaquil} {quilava} {typhlosion}

Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:04 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Cydaquil, Obviously. Totodile is too weak, and Chikorita, well I dunno.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:06 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

{totodile} of course. I always picked him in my old silver version, and y'know he can learn ice punch and stuff. {feraligatr}+Ice Punch=Pwning Elite Four

Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:55 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Cyndaquil, I always choose the fire starter, and is gold I chose him so its a nostalgia thing as well. :D

Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:59 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

cyndi was the first poke i picked in the 2nd gen, and im gonna use him in my gold ^^

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:34 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I chose Chikorita originally in gold (he was the cutest of the bunch back then...), so I decided to go with one of the others this time. I decided on Totodile at first, but Cyndaquil was just soo cute! So I chose my sweet little Hihi instead. Also, there was the fact that I wanted to train a slowpoke too, just for nostalgia's sake... I'll just go with Totodile next time, or on silver when I play it.

Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:55 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I chose Cyndaquil, and decided to name her Incindia, XD. oh well. dont judge me, i like the name, lol.

Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4