It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:11 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Perfect Pokemon Catching Pokemon 

Final Move to teach Gallade?
Swords Dance 37%  37%  [ 10 ]
Night Slash 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
Psycho Cut 26%  26%  [ 7 ]
Thunder Punch 11%  11%  [ 3 ]
Fire Punch 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Ice Punch 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
Other 11%  11%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 27

Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hello, I need some advice. I'm raising a future Gallade {gallade}that I'll only use to catch other pokemon. I WILL have him know False Swipe, Mean Look (to catch roaming pokemon easier) Hypnosis, and a last move. Problem is what last move? I was thinking psycho cut but there are other options like ice punch, thunder punch, and night slash. My future Gallade (currently Kirlia) is Adament and EV trained in Attack (so I can get pokemon down to 1hp using false swipe in 1 attack hopefully) and I plan on speed 128 and something like Hp or Def 128. Back to moves, with the final move being psycho cut, it has the type bonus added to it. Con side of that is it might KO too many pokemon and be pointless. Night Slash pro is its dark and only super effective on psychic and the majority of psychic pokemon having low def so I can just use false swipe! I'm worried about steel pokemon, since false swipe is normal and not very effective against them. Ice punch? Swords Dance 3 times and false swipe?

Overall what last move should Gallade know besides Hypnosis, False Swipe, and Mean Look?

Last edited by Arcanine1 on Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:05 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

This should probably be posted in the Sinnoh region forum. I'd do T-punch to neutral hit steels and paralysis is nice. or drain punch to keep Gallade healthy as long as your not catching ghost-types.

Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:20 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Then again he did say he wanted hypnosis, so i'd go with Ice punch for the possible freeze. But then, Ice punch may KO a lot of pokemon...

It depends on the pokemon you're trying to catch, really.

quae incensus cogitat grama esse bonus.
incendit per noctam,
et sic excitavit;
invenit veru magnum ano.

Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:54 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I would go with Psycho Cut for some STAB, or Drain Punch as well.

Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:54 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I truly think false swipe would be the best option. Coming in second is thunderpunch. If this guy is going to be EV trained, then there is (almost) no reason to have it learn another attacking move. Since you want a perfect catching pokemon, I'm assuming that you're going to make this guy a level 100, which would then far surpass just about every Pokemon found in the wild, bar lvl 70 legendaries (30 levels should be enough anyway). If you go up against steel types, 3 swords dances, then a false swipe should be enough to bring it down to 1 hp within a few hits.

Thunderpunch seems nice for the neutral damage against steels, but I'm worried that it'd simply KO the pokemon outright. Just about the only thing you're going to have trouble catching are ghost types. You can just have a Pokemon use foresight on it first, then switch to Gallade. Foresight's effect won't go away until the target faints or switches, and since you're trying to catch wild pokemon, they won't be switching anytime soon. :P

I have a Garchomp like this, except he only has Swords Dance and False Swipe (+ Surf and Cut, but that's besides the point). I would use Umbreon to mean look, then yawn, then baton pass. If I felt like having fun, I'd curse till max, then baton pass to Vaporeon to Sub, then baton pass to Scizor to agility till max, then baton pass to Vaporeon to wish and sub, then back to Umbreon if I need to yawn again, then baton pass to Garchomp, or another Scizor. This way, I have access to just about any Pokemon on my team. All of them are EV trained, and it's totally unnecessary, but I do it sometimes if I'm bored or if I want to guarantee a catch.

Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:24 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Apparently, you're going all out for attack. I'd suggest a very weak move of a type that affects Ghost-types. That way, you'd be able to hit them and be sure it wouldn't defeat them.

Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:35 am
is very close to getting banned

Location: Hiding in that dark corner of the room, waiting for you to drop your gaurd.
Swords dance is a must, since flase swipe is fairly weak.

Last edited by Rhapsody on Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Please use colors that.. you know, are visible on a dark background after you post. >_>

Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:00 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

yo, obviously u need night slash and sword dance cause what if u face an opponent with psychic pokemon, u would need night slash. and sword dance would help ennsure a fatality :D

Thu May 28, 2009 5:26 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

It sounds like your Gallade is going to be pretty tough on its own, especially since its very attack heavy. I wouldn't bother with another attacking move since you're probably going to be able to get most Pokemon with a false swipe and you would be risking a KO otherwise. I'd just stick with sword dance to boost your attack against tougher Pokemon.

Fri May 29, 2009 2:17 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

pokemon_god wrote:
what if u face an opponent with psychic pokemon, u would need night slash. and sword dance would help ennsure a fatality

Congratulations on bumping an old thread.

Arcanine1 wrote:

As the title says, he's looking for a pokemon to catch other pokemon. Why would he want Night Slash to ensure a KO? He'd use a regular battle pokemon to defeat trainers.

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Fri May 29, 2009 7:04 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 10 posts ]