It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Getting Electivire with Ice Punch and Cross Chop 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Ok now i wanna know how to get an Electivire with Ice Punch and Cross Chop because i have no idea how. Can someone either explain to me how to get one or would someone be willing to trade me one? It could just be the level 1 Elekid with the moves if you want.

PS: I would prefer it to be male but it doesn't really matter to me.

Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:27 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I assume you know how to use the Daycare at Solaceon already, but if not, check it out.

To get an Electivire with Cross Chop and Ice Punch
1. You need to breed a female Electabuzz with male Machop and Medicham, who know the moves you want. Medicham learns Ice Punch, and Machop learns Cross Chop.

2. This will get you two Elekids; 1 with Ice Punch, and 1 with Cross Chop. Keep hatching eggs until you get at least a male and female with one of the two moves. (for example; a male Elekid with Ice Punch, and a female Elekid with Cross Chop)

3. Evolve the Elekids to Electabuzz

4. Then breed the male and female Electabuzz; 1 with Ice Punch, and 1 with Cross Chop = their babies will have both moves.

It's late and I'm tired so my thinking might be off. Someone kindly correct me if I am wrong.

Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:41 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

lions song wrote:
I assume you know how to use the Daycare at Solaceon already, but if not, check it out.

To get an Electivire with Cross Chop and Ice Punch
1. You need to breed a female Electabuzz with male Machop and Medicham, who know the moves you want. Medicham learns Ice Punch, and Machop learns Cross Chop.

2. This will get you two Elekids; 1 with Ice Punch, and 1 with Cross Chop. Keep hatching eggs until you get at least a male and female with one of the two moves. (for example; a male Elekid with Ice Punch, and a female Elekid with Cross Chop)

3. Evolve the Elekids to Electabuzz

4. Then breed the male and female Electabuzz; 1 with Ice Punch, and 1 with Cross Chop = their babies will have both moves.

It's late and I'm tired so my thinking might be off. Someone kindly correct me if I am wrong.

This is wrong in 3 ways:
First, only Male and Genderless Pokemon pass moves on to the baby (yes, Genderless too, but only TM and HM moves, try it with a Genderless Pokemon and a Ditto some time).

Second, Pokemon with a similar ancestor (parent, grandparent, etc.) won't breed.

Third, you will need a Female Machop/Machoke/Machamp, a Male Medicham, a Female Electabuzz/Electivire, a Heart Scale (or 6 Blue Shards and 2 Red Shards in Platinum), an Electrizer, and a bit of luck getting the Items and Genders you need (members of the Machop and Elekid evolutionary lines are only Female 25% of the time and Electrizers are held by wild Elekids 50% of the time in Diamond (easy), but only 5% in Pearl (difficult and frustrating, but doable)).

Here's the real way to do it:
1. Catch a Female Machop/Machoke, a Male Meditite/Medicham, and a Female Elekid/Electabuzz.
Machop/Machoke are very common and you should have no problem finding one.
Meditite are found in Routes 208, 210 North, 211, 216, 217 (this one is Diamond and Pearl only), Mt. Coronet Entrances and B1F, and Acuity Lakefront (this one is also Diamond and Pearl only).
Medicham are found in Mt. Coronet 2F or higher (all versions, but it's the only way in Platinum), Route 217, Acuity Lakefront, Victory Road.
Elekid are found outside the Valley Windworks (Diamond and Pearl with Fire Red inserted in the GBA slot).
Electabuzz are found on Route 222 (Platinum).

1 1/2. Evolve Meditite into Medicham if you went with it instead.

Two methods now, but I recommend the first:
2A. Teach Medicham Ice Punch (Heart Scale, Medicham only) and breed with Machop/Machoke to get a Male baby.

2B. Get a Platinum file completed (plot-wise) to the house in the rainy area of Route 212 to tutor Ice Punch (costs 6 Blue Shards + 2 Red Shards) to a Male Machop/Machoke/Machamp.

3. Get Machop/Machoke/Machamp to Level 37/40/40 to learn Cross Chop, keeping Ice Punch (you may want to level up past the point where it learns Dynamicpunch so you don't screw up the next breeding, since in the Daycare a move at the top of the list gets replaced by a level up move at the bottom of the list, bumping the other moves up a notch).

4. Breed this Machop/Machoke/Machamp with the Electabuzz/Electivire.

5. Hatch and evolve Elekid to Electabuzz (Level 30+) and trade to a reliable person who will send it back (have Electabuzz hold your Electrizer if you have Diamond or great patience, or have them make Electabuzz hold the Electrizer when they send it back if they have Diamond and you have no luck with Pearl).

6. Profit (sorry, had to be said).

When you say bad things on Pokemon forums about people with Asperger's Syndrome, you say bad things about Pokemon creator Satoshi Tajiri, too. Put this in your signature if you support people with Asperger's Syndrome & Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:48 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Quote:
This is wrong in 3 ways:
First, only Male and Genderless Pokemon pass moves on to the baby (yes, Genderless too, but only TM and HM moves, try it with a Genderless Pokemon and a Ditto some time).

Second, Pokemon with a similar ancestor (parent, grandparent, etc.) won't breed.

TM and HM moves aren't egg moves. Genderless Pokemon don't pass egg moves, because an egg move is something a Pokemon can ONLY learn by breeding.

If you mean putting a freshly hatched egg into the day-care with one of its parents, I don't know where you got that from.

Also, I think Ice Punch can just be tutored in D/P from the move relearner. I know some of the punches can, but not sure which ones.

Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:59 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Patchy wrote:
Also, I think Ice Punch can just be tutored in D/P from the move relearner. I know some of the punches can, but not sure which ones.

Electivire can relearn Fire Punch and Thunder Punch from the move relearner, but not Ice Punch.

Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:28 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Patchy wrote:
TM and HM moves aren't egg moves. Genderless Pokemon don't pass egg moves, because an egg move is something a Pokemon can ONLY learn by breeding.

If you mean putting a freshly hatched egg into the day-care with one of its parents, I don't know where you got that from.

Ugh, I hate it when people don't read other posts carefully before posting. When I said "pass moves" I meant "pass TM, HM, and Egg moves" not just "pass Egg moves."

Genderless Pokemon can only pass on TM and HM Moves and can only breed with Ditto. I bred a Lunatone with a Ditto trying to get a good Nature and wound up with a Lunatone knowing the 4 TM moves the parent Lunatone knew, so I know it works.

Pokemon can't breed:
- with a relative (parent, sibling, etc.)
- if they have an ancestor (grandparent, etc.) in common with each other
- if their genders are incompatible (2 females, male and non-Ditto genderless, etc.)
- if they cannot produce Eggs (Nidorina, Pichu, etc.)
- if they have no common Egg Groups (Farfetch'd + Lileep, etc.)
These have been facts since breeding's introduction to the series in GSC.

Yes, Ice Punch can be tutored, but not by the Pastoria City Relearn Guy. Only in Platinum can you get Ice Punch as a tutored move for Electivire (Route 212, the house where you trade shards for the Weather TMs in D/P, a Hiker tutors various moves for 8 of the colored shards apiece).

When you say bad things on Pokemon forums about people with Asperger's Syndrome, you say bad things about Pokemon creator Satoshi Tajiri, too. Put this in your signature if you support people with Asperger's Syndrome & Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:51 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Sorry, I thought you were implying that they were Egg only moves.

Quote:
Pokemon can't breed:
- with a relative (parent, sibling, etc.)
- if they have an ancestor (grandparent, etc.) in common with each other

You mean like this?

Day-Care: Male marill, female marill.

If they have a Marill offspring, it CAN breed with the parents. I don't know about GSC, but when you're breeding for IVs, switching parents is common.

Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:04 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Patchy wrote:
If they have a Marill offspring, it CAN breed with the parents. I don't know about GSC, but when you're breeding for IVs, switching parents is common.

Yup, tried and true. I've done this countless of times.

Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:47 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Isn't there an elekid you can get for a togepi in coliseum/XD (i forget which.)

Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:31 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

If you don't dig breeding, here's a few tips.

1) Play Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness. Trade a Togepi for an Elekid with all of the attacks that you currently desire (Elemental Punches and Cross Chop) Send it to your RSE or FRLG and migrate over.

2) Catch an Electabuzz/Elekid in RSE or FRLG (perferrably Emerald, if possible). Use the move tutors in the Battle Frontier to teach the moves. Cross Chop, however, is a little more difficult without breeding, as there's no Cross Chop move tutor.

But seriously, that is such a standard set. A little diversity, please!

Oh well. Good luck!

Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]