It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 1041 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 42  Next
 General RSE Questions 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I have more questions to ask:

1.) Nature can modify the stats of a pokemon. Example, a modest pokemon's SA is bigger but it's Attack is small. By how much can the stats increase?

Assuming that the stat will increase by 10%, where is the increase based?
Example:
Pokemon A's base stat is Attack=100, SA=200
Level=100
Nature=Modest
EV:Attack=120EV, SA=200 EV
IV: Attack=20, SA=28

Which is it's stat?
Attack SA Computation
a.) 140 298 (base stat)(90% or 110%)+EV/4+IV
b.) 137 303 (base stat+EV/4)(90% or 110%)+IV
c.) 135 305.8~306 (base stat+EV/4+IV)(90% or 110%)
d.) 138 300.8~301 (base stat+IV)(90% or 110%)+EV/4

2.) If I traened my Nincada and evolved it, will Shedinja have the same Nature, EV, IV, stat (except HP), and gender as the original Nincada? Assuming that I've given Nincada pokeblocks, will Shedinja have the same increase in it's beauty or the others? What about it's happiness?

3.) Can shedinja lay eggs?

4.) Are the legendaries' IV and Nature set at the start of the game?

5.) I've observed that the level of the pokemon that you will receive in the in-game trading are the same as the level of the traded pokemon. Are the Natures also the same? The IV's? If I traded shiny pokes in the game, will I get shiny pokemon also?

I've read this thread from page 1 and I am amazed on how you people answer the questions. I posted these questions because I know I will get good answers here. Thank you in advance to those who will answer and to those who have read my questions.

Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:46 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

petz629 wrote:
1.) Nature can modify the stats of a pokemon. Example, a modest pokemon's SA is bigger but it's Attack is small. By how much can the stats increase?

Assuming that the stat will increase by 10%, where is the increase based?
Example:
Pokemon A's base stat is Attack=100, SA=200
Level=100
Nature=Modest
EV:Attack=120EV, SA=200 EV
IV: Attack=20, SA=28

Which is it's stat?
Attack SA Computation
a.) 140 298 (base stat)(90% or 110%)+EV/4+IV
b.) 137 303 (base stat+EV/4)(90% or 110%)+IV
c.) 135 305.8~306 (base stat+EV/4+IV)(90% or 110%)
d.) 138 300.8~301 (base stat+IV)(90% or 110%)+EV/4

2.) If I traened my Nincada and evolved it, will Shedinja have the same Nature, EV, IV, stat (except HP), and gender as the original Nincada? Assuming that I've given Nincada pokeblocks, will Shedinja have the same increase in it's beauty or the others? What about it's happiness?

3.) Can shedinja lay eggs?

4.) Are the legendaries' IV and Nature set at the start of the game?

5.) I've observed that the level of the pokemon that you will receive in the in-game trading are the same as the level of the traded pokemon. Are the Natures also the same? The IV's? If I traded shiny pokes in the game, will I get shiny pokemon also?

I've read this thread from page 1 and I am amazed on how you people answer the questions. I posted these questions because I know I will get good answers here. Thank you in advance to those who will answer and to those who have read my questions.

1. A bit of experimenting with the DV/IV calc indicated that Nature is applied after EVs and IVs; IE, 252 EVs will increase a x.9 stat by about 57, not 63 as normal, etc... and for some IVs, even at level 100, they both correspond to the same final stat (with x.9)
2. I think Shedinja will have the same base stats, but none of the boosts (pokeblocks, EVs, etc). I'm not 100% sure on this, though.
My Shedinja and the Ninjask he came from both have Impish natures, beyond that I don't know how similar they are.
3. Yes, with Ditto only, the egg will hatch as Nincada.
4. No, they're set when you encounter them for the first time. May be different with Running legendaries (lati@s), but I know this is true for the fixed location ones, like the Regis and Groudon/Rayquaza/Kyogre.
5. No idea about this. If it's true, that would certainly be interesting.

Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:49 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

petz629 wrote:

I expect that as Shedinja and Ninjask's base stats are different, all of the stats would be recalculated, although I don't know if EVs/IVs are carried on. Nature and moves are.

petz629 wrote:

I think I heard of someone trying to trade shiny pokemon and getting a regular pokemon back...as for the other stats, I don't know.

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:33 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

petz629 wrote:

7. How will I get my own Trainer ID?

JsXtm wrote:
7. Do you mean a Trainer Card like the one in my signature, or one in-game?

Yes, that Trainer ID in your signature... I really want to have my ID here on Psypokes.

Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:12 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

petz629 wrote:
Yes, that Trainer ID in your signature... I really want to have my ID here on Psypokes.

Section 8 of the Help Forum FAQ. However, Trainer Cards are currently on-hold, until the Psybucks system can be re-instated; it was lost in the transition from pbpBB 2 to 3, and there isn't a currency mod for 3 currently. So, basically, you're out of luck for right now. You can request an unofficial one from a shop in Slateport, but I'm not sure, they may be out of business too because of the Psybuck thing.

Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:44 am
Profile WWW
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Woah I never knew you had to pay to get a trainer card...

well anyway, to add to the topic..
Quote:
1. How can I get a black belt? The location basedfrom theitemslist is Route 115 but I could not find it.

I had just got surf, and I went up to check the whole Route 115....and I could not find the black belt anywhere (although I did find a heart scale I never knew about using the itemfinder.....)

so anyway I searched on the internet looking for the answer and after many walkthroughs not mentioning the black belt, or getting it mixed up with the black glasses I found some good info.

After beating Blackbelt Nob on route 115 and regestering him into match call, wait until he calls you back. After beating him atleast 5 times, his pokemon will be holding the blackbelt. To get it, use thief or covet.

That's pretty messed, I don't know how the guy found it. It was in a walkthrough by peach freak, btw.

Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:50 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Cherrygrove wrote:
Woah I never knew you had to pay to get a trainer card...

I clicked the link in the Psypokes Forum FAQs that says "Trainer Card Application Form" but the screen will show Error 404 with a crying MEW. I naver said you have to pay for the ID.

Anyways, thanks for that info about the black belt, I thought I will never find it.

Question: If I defeated Ditto which transformed into another pokemon (ex. Spinda), wich EV will I get? Is it the EV earned after killing a Ditto (what is it?) or Special Attack (EV for killing Spinda)?

If I have a pokemon in my team that has the number matched the needed number to access Mirage Island and the old man already said "I can see the Mirage Island today" and I depositted that pokemon to the PC and talked to the old man again, will he say "Oh, I can't see it anymore" or can he still see the island?

Rverse situation: If I already talked to the old man but he can't see the island and I withdrew a pokemon which has the number to open the island, will the old man say "Oh, I can see it now"? If the old man said that he can't see the island on that day, would that mean the island will not be opened for that whole day even if I will withdraw my Pokemon?

Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:19 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'd've thought you'll get the EV for the Ditto. It may have transformed into something else, but it's still basically a Ditto.

I don't know for sure about Mirage Island, but I don't think depositing a Pokémon will making much difference. If he can see it, I don't see why depositing the Pokémon would suddenly make it disappear.

I DO know that if he says he CAN'T see it, withdrawing something else won't make him see it that day. You'll have to wait til the next day. I'm pretty sure about that.

Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:55 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Actually, that is false from the information I've gathered.

That pokemon has to be in your party, unlike the lottery.

Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:15 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

petz629 wrote:
I clicked the link in the Psypokes Forum FAQs that says "Trainer Card Application Form" but the screen will show Error 404 with a crying MEW. I naver said you have to pay for the ID.

The Trainer Card Maker is down until Psybucks can be fixed. And yes, you have to pay for the Trainer Cards using Psybucks. More information can be found in the Announcements section, specifically in the Trainer Card FAQs. Use that topic instead.

Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:01 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I have few more questions:

Are the tickets that will make you access certain islands obtainable through mixing records? What are the tickets that can be mixed record? And from which game?
I've read that Emerald can get Eon Ticket by mixing record with R/S that have the ticket. Is it possible to obtain it by mixing record with an Emerald that have Eon?

I've traded the starters from other game into my game so that I will have all the starters. The problem is: they don't obey my orders. How can I fix this? Does it involve Happiness? Only the starters are behaving differently. I've got a Groudon and it obeys me even if I only got my first badge. Please help...

Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:10 am
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Traded pokemon don't obey you if they are too high levelled and you have not obtained certain badges.

Im pretty sure that all pokemon up to level 10 with no badge will obey you.
All traded pokemon up to level 30 will obey you after you get the second badge.
All traded pokemon up to level 50 will obey you after you get the fourth badge.
All traded pokemon up to level 70 will obey you after you get the sixth badge.
And all pokemon will obey you after you get the eighth badge.

It's like this in all versions. I'm not sure about the record mixing.

Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:40 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

petz629 wrote:
Are the tickets that will make you access certain islands obtainable through mixing records? What are the tickets that can be mixed record? And from which game?
I've read that Emerald can get Eon Ticket by mixing record with R/S that have the ticket. Is it possible to obtain it by mixing record with an Emerald that have Eon?

You should be able to get it from Emerald. But, IIRC Ruby/Sapphire don't have access to Mystic Ticket, Old Sea Map, and possibly Aurora Ticket also.

Shinies

Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:36 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'm not sure if this is a "general" question or not, but I don't think it's big enough to have its own thread, so:
Those random people running on the mountain in Emerald, my sister first saw one, my friend (who took the pic) saw two.
Is this just a random glitch or has it happened to others?

Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:36 am
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

I just went to go check this out (in emerald) and (just as I recall from the many times I've been up Mt. Chimney), there are no people running around. At least not in my game. Is this a ROM or a hacked game?

EDIT: I went up and down the mountain about 10 times, and believe it or not, one of the times I did see a picknicker running down...

Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:49 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

I vaguely remember from Emerald that those people you see while on the lift are indeed there; Emerald has a lot of things that are like flavor text (minus the text).

Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:19 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Thanks, now I know it's not just a glitch. :D
Still they look a little out-of-place, don't they? And the first one freaked me out. :lol:

Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:06 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Okies, this might have been said already but I thought I'd make a note of it. I'm playing Emerald and I saved my game in front of Kyogre, to reset for good IVs/nature. This is the THIRD time a Modest Kyogre had this IV spread: 30/13/9/26/6/6. If it were different stats and the same IVs that's one thing, but these numbers are the same. This brings up two possibilities.

1. The IVs are predetermined and are set daily by nature.
2. Being Kyogre and Groudon shift locations after certain time period, the IVs and nature are locked to that certain location. (example: route 125 gives these stats on these natures.)

Could some shed some light on this situation?

Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:50 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

IIRC, I heard something about the Emerald random number generator being screwed up...

Shinies

Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:49 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

As of RSE, what non-uber Pokemon has the highest attack and can learn explosion?

<font size="5">Kabutops's Shinies:</font><br><br>{charmander} Hardy-Male-Level 1-Untouched<br>{oddish} Adamant-Male-Level 44<br>{magcargo} Female-Adamant-Level 39<br>{drifloon} Male-Lonely-Level 22-Untouched<br>{groudon} Naive-Level 45-Untouched

Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:22 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

The pokemon with the highest attack of any generation (non-uber) that can learn explosion is Metagross.
I believe Golem has the second highest attack.

Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:58 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

According to http://www.psypokes.com/rs/basestats.php?stat=atk , Metagross has the highest non-uber attack, save Slaking. No, Slaking doesn't get SelfDestruct (though, Snorlax does).

Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:07 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

My Gngar is holding macho brace. If it now fights against Spinda (1 Ev w/ macho brace 2 ev to SpAtt) Then i give to another pokemon Exp. share.
How many Ev's Gengar gets?

If you have any problems with breeding, Egg moves, IV:s or EV:s, you can ask me. Feel free to ask other things related to competive battling.

Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:29 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Gengar will get 2 Sp. Att. EVs.

Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:43 am
Profile WWW
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

It should be noted that the pokemon holding the Exp. Share will only get 1 EV in Special Attack.

Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 1041 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 42  Next