It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 1041 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42
 General RSE Questions 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

JsXtm wrote:
Shedinjamaster800 wrote:
I'm wondering why the berrys in my emerald game arn't growing. I would be greatly appreciated if someone can tell me how to fix the problem

Emerald doesn't have the berry glitch, so your internal battery is probably dead, which prevents the passage of time.

Is there any way to fix it/have it fixed?

Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:02 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Shedinjamaster800 wrote:
Is there any way to fix it/have it fixed?

I believe there are ways to open it up and fix it yourself, but that obviously carries a good risk of damaging your game permanently. I don't think Nintendo does battery replacements. Google is probably your best bet to find info on replacing the battery, I don't think I've seen a thread on how to do that here.

Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:08 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I battled a swimmer near Pacifidlog town and she sent out
a Corsola and used
INGRAIN.

How is that possible?

salamence47™|RN

{garchomp} {gyarados} {salamence} {kingdra} {altaria}

Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:45 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

corsola learns ingrain as an egg move.

Black Friend Code: used in trades gmt - 06:00 central time us
Chris 1935 9949 5758
3ds Friend code:
3695-0533-8271 this one has reached 100 friends if you want a safari from me use the 2nd friend code.
2nd 3ds friend code: 1821-9478-7101
Black2 Friend Code: Chris 0519 5118 7320

Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:09 am
Profile YIM
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

So im trying to get to Mossdeep City in Pokemon Ruby. The walkthrough says after i exit the Magma Hideout the wailmer blocking the path to Mossdeep will be gone. I have exited the Hideout and nothing. Any idea on what is wrong/ what i can do?

Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:26 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

did you watch team magma leave in the submarine yet? if not you need to head to the correct room in their hide out.

Black Friend Code: used in trades gmt - 06:00 central time us
Chris 1935 9949 5758
3ds Friend code:
3695-0533-8271 this one has reached 100 friends if you want a safari from me use the 2nd friend code.
2nd 3ds friend code: 1821-9478-7101
Black2 Friend Code: Chris 0519 5118 7320

Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:57 am
Profile YIM
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

The Pokemon Master wrote:
did you watch team magma leave in the submarine yet? if not you need to head to the correct room in their hide out.

Yes i watched them leave in the submarine, which room do i need to be in.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:23 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

It's been a long time since I've actually posted here, but I've had a rekindled passion for playing Emerald lately, and something came up that I want to check with all of you.

Trying to make the Feebas quest a little easier on myself, I have devised a strategy to make my job simpler. Simply pick a few squares (I use a place that is pretty locked), like three, and fish there enough times to see if the Feebas shows up (the guide on the site suggests 6). If that doesn't work, go and change the trendy saying in Dewford, then rinse, lather, repeat. However, I'm running into a complication recently that has me very worried about this plan.

I went to change the trendy saying, but despite putting it in, the guy insists that the previous trendy phrase is cooler... Could it perhaps be a matter of gameplay hours making it impossible? Or is there an actual limit on how many times you change the trendy phrase? :shock:

Now, I can guarantee that this question has NOT come up in the topic before, because I just spent a ton of time sifting through the entire thread looking... An answer would be highly appreciated. If my plan doesn't work then I will be very annoyed, but at least I won't keep flying back and forth to Dewford needlessly...

On that happy note, has anyone noticed a particular correlation between Feebas rates and the top of the waterfall on Route 119? That will be the first place to narrow my search once I have more materials...

Thanks in advance.

AEPMT :mrgreen: 8-) :D

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge

Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:03 am
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well, I'm not completely sure, since I have some time to play Emerald. However, I think there's a limit to the number of times you can change the phrase every day. I'm not completely sure, though. I've never caught a Feebas. My friend, whose luck is impossible, caught a Feebas without knowing the way. He just decided he wanted to fish one day and bingo! A wild Feebas appeared! Lucky he gave me one too... Still, he didn't catch it in the waterfall. He caught it mid lake.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:48 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Well, thanks for the response, but that's not quite what I'm looking for.

I've tried it multiple times since that last post, and yet I still have had no luck getting the guy to believe what I told him was cooler than the last Trendy Phrase...

Is there a set number (coded in the game where we don't think to look) of how many times the Phrase can be changed at all? Time doesn't seem to make a difference. Either that, or I need some new things to tell the guy that he actually likes...

But that's what got me into this whole mess!

Suddenly, another question appears... Is it based on every effort, or only on successes? If it's just a function of talking to him and offering up a new phrase, I could still work through my plan. Any advice?

AEPMT :D 8-) :mrgreen:

Edit: Okay, so now he finally changed the Trendy Phrase, so I don't know what happened but I asked him and suddenly he supplied the one I had just given him... Despite the success of that changing, my question is still "valid", so an answer would be appreciated.

Writers' Challenge

Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:30 am
Profile YIM WWW
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Sorry for the delay...

I know with the guy who gives you Return in Pacifidlog doesn't give it to you every day - he recycles every three days (or was it 5?)

I actually do not know. I can try to find out (sorry for the delay).

Edit 1: Changed it once to "Absol Amnesia", then "Pattern Bullet Seed", and then attempted "Abra Abra", then "Abra Kadabra" and failed. So, it changed twice.

Let's see how many days it takes to update the phrase, shall we?
Edit: I sped up time (let's call it MAGIC), and found that he requires 3 days of rest, and on the 4th day, when you prompt him, he will have already changed the phrase to the last one you told him before that time...

So, on the 17th, I told him "Abra Kadabra". He didn't like it. On the 18th, I tell him the same thing, he doesn't like. Same for the 19th. And the 20th. On the 21st, when I went to speak to him, he stopped ME and said "Abra Kadabra".

I have to run out for more errands, why don't I try to do some experiments tonight?

Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:31 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Thanks for enlightening us! Now I can use that to try my trick for "quickly" (at least, minimal effort) finding Feebas...

Much obliged!

AEPMT :D 8-) :mrgreen:

Writers' Challenge

Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:53 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Quote:
I know with the guy who gives you Return in Pacifidlog doesn't give it to you every day - he recycles every three days (or was it 5?)

"Oh yes. In another 7 days or so, I should be getting another TM."

He tells you he gets a TM once every seven days.

Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:42 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

See, we all learn something.

Question - what is the prize from the RS Battle Tower? Is there any rhyme or reason to what you get? I usually just use my Sapphire for item harvesting before the Elites.

Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:16 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Peanut-Lover wrote:
See, we all learn something.

Question - what is the prize from the RS Battle Tower? Is there any rhyme or reason to what you get? I usually just use my Sapphire for item harvesting before the Elites.

I'm pretty sure I've seen a chart for battle tower items somewhere. If I recall correctly (probably not, honestly), it has to do with the specific event and your current winning streak. I'll see if I can find it for you.

EDIT: Okay, I found your answer. The prizes are picked randomly based on the number of tower clears/wins you have.

Clear the tower 1-5 times, and receive one of these prizes:
HP Up, Protein, Iron, Carbos, Calcium, Zinc

Clear the tower 6+ times, and receive one of these:
Bright Powder, Choice Band, Focus Band, King's Rock, Leftovers, Mental Herb, Quick Claw, Scope Lens, White Herb

There's also a few items for beating a specific number of trainers in a row.
Beat 50 trainers in a row:
Silver Shield

Beat 100 trainers in a row:
Gold Shield

There are also 2 ribbons you can get from winning 50 times consecutively in either the Lvl 50 or Lvl 100 area.

Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:31 pm
Profile WWW
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Cool, thanks!

(I'm still interested in the old games, if anyone believes that!)

Planning on doing a competition come the summer up at my undergrad institution.

Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1041 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42