It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Eggs and DVs 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Each time you hatch an egg, are the stats and gender of the pokemon randomly assigned then, or when I receive the egg. For example, I have a larvitar egg, but I may not want the first larvitar that comes out of the egg, I want one with better stats, so do I have to make may eggs, or just save before hatching and keep hatching the same one over again?

BTW Anywhere good for just cycling around?

Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:51 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

When you receive the egg, the DVs and gender are determined. If you want a good Larvitar (or any Pokemon for that matter), catch a Ditto with 15 (or 7) special and 15 defense. That way, your Larvitar hatchlings will have 50% chance of getting maxed out special and will always get maxed out defense. They'll also have a 50/50 chance of getting 7 special though.

Unfortunately, the attack and speed DVs are random so that's where you'll need luck. The only other DV you can somewhat "control" is HP. Take all your other DVs (attack, special, defense, and speed) and if they're all odd, you'll have maxed out HP. If all are even, your HP DV will be zero. So, what I've found to be the best way to breed in GSC is getting a Ditto with 15 defense and 7 or 15 special.

Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:47 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]