Enough Pokemon? Or MORE?
There are enough Pokemon! Gawwssh. 21%  21%  [ 6 ]
I NEVER have enough Pokemon!!! More more more!!! 54%  54%  [ 15 ]
Honestly, I dont really care, dude. 25%  25%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 28

The Question of Life 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Heyyy. I just wanted to ask the question that everyone sets out to find the answer to.

Here it is.

Are there enough Pokemon? Or should they have MORE?

Leave an answer in the Poll, then feel free to post replys. And... Stuff.

See how it sings like a sad heart, and joyously screams out its pain
Sounds that build high like a mountain, and notes that fall gently like rain."

~Neil Peart

Tue May 31, 2011 4:06 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

What would be the point of releasing a series of Pokemon games without releasing new Pokemon to go with them? The main reason this franchise has lasted so long is because all the games are different. It keeps the old players interested, keeps the hardcore players happy because now they have MORE crap to do to fill their Dex and hopefully helps entice new, little people into the franchise.

Admittedly the standard of Pokemon released between Gen 1 and Gen 5 have been slowly been getting worse (a whole gen where almost half the new poke's are Evo's of old ones, HUZZAH -_-) but Gen 5 is most definitely my second favourite group as a whole.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:02 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

As Mutant_Mewtwo said, unless they plan on just doing remakes from now on, there are definitely going to be new Pokemon. New Gens, new Regions, and new Pokes to go with them. I voted for "don't really care." Mostly because if they stopped now, it wouldn't really matter to me. If they kept going, that's great.

What I don't get is how someone can be on this site and vote for the first option. Seems kinda contradictory.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:14 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

When I heard that all of the black/white pokemon would be new I thought: "Nooooooo!" I was really looking forward to seeing some cool new evos for old pokemon.
I was also really annoyed by the way that so many pokemon were blatant copies of old ones, right down to evolving the same way! *cough*gurdurr*cough*
Oh well, just have to hope 6th comes along soon.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:49 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

luxray64 wrote:
When I heard that all of the black/white pokemon would be new I thought: "Nooooooo!" I was really looking forward to seeing some cool new evos for old pokemon.
I was also really annoyed by the way that so many pokemon were blatant copies of old ones, right down to evolving the same way! *cough*gurdurr*cough*
Oh well, just have to hope 6th comes along soon.

Wow, I love how you used this thread to start complaining about the new Pokemon. You didn't even answer the question addressed in the OP. Also, trade evos have been around forever. It's nothing new.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:04 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

rex09 wrote:
As Mutant_Mewtwo said, unless they plan on just doing remakes from now on, there are definitely going to be new Pokemon. New Gens, new Regions, and new Pokes to go with them. I voted for "don't really care." Mostly because if they stopped now, it wouldn't really matter to me. If they kept going, that's great.

What I don't get is how someone can be on this site and vote for the first option. Seems kinda contradictory.

Yeah, I definately see your point. I just cant imagine Pokemon going on for like 10 more years or so, with new gens of Pokemon coming out every 2 or 3 years. It'd just seem rediculous to me if Pokemon was still around when I'm like 30 and I have kids, and there's like 12 gens of Pokemon.

And haha yeah, ik. I mean, I know there'd be at least one person saying, "There's enough, just make remakes!" and all that crap, so I put an option, even though it is contradictory :)

~Neil Peart

Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:36 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I actually did vote for the first option, and I don't find it contradictory at all. Consider all of the effort that us Trainers have put in to fill our Dexes for over 15 years now (if you started with RBY) and ask me again if there are too many Pokemon. Every single new Generation comes out with all-new things, and eventually the line has to stop (or at least lose quality, and we've already been over that...). The only reason I personally think they've made as many games as they have is to make the money from the franchise, because it will always be freshly marketable as long as they keep developing even crappy Pokemon for little kids while hoping to keep their older audience.

The only thing I want to see now is that they use ALL of the type combinations, but after that I think they should have stopped a long time ago (or they could have just done it with Gens 3 and 4 rather than keep going past what seems to me open to develop a 6. I was also very infuriated by finding out that Unova Pokes had no intrinsic connection to past ones (mostly because of Bouffalant and Alomomola) because they passed on several opportunities for inter-connectivity with those past Gens. I love the idea, don't get me wrong, and I think it's good that they are trying to recreate the whole experience of RBY for a new generation of Pokemon trainers who didn't (mostly) get to play it. But they have far too many Pokemon now, and I will keep complaining about it until they finish combining all the types together (even the ones that make little sense), and even beyond it for mourning how difficult it will be to truly ever complete the Dex.

Admittedly, I was more impressed with the new crop of Pokemon for Gen 5 than the new (not-at-all-related-to-older-Pokes) crop of Sinnoh.

For what it's worth.

AEPMT :mrgreen: ;) 8-)

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge

Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:28 am
Profile YIM WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

AEP: Master Trainer wrote:
I actually did vote for the first option, and I don't find it contradictory at all. Consider all of the effort that us Trainers have put in to fill our Dexes for over 15 years now (if you started with RBY) and ask me again if there are too many Pokemon. Every single new Generation comes out with all-new things, and eventually the line has to stop (or at least lose quality, and we've already been over that...). The only reason I personally think they've made as many games as they have is to make the money from the franchise, because it will always be freshly marketable as long as they keep developing even crappy Pokemon for little kids while hoping to keep their older audience.

Wow I never thought of that! Haha and I shouldve, because I'm trying to get all 151 Pokemon in my Yellow Version! Haha. Feel kinda st00pid. :)

~Neil Peart

Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:56 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

AEP: Master Trainer wrote:
The only reason I personally think they've made as many games as they have is to make the money from the franchise

Is this the single most obvious thing I've ever seen in this forum? Most probably.

What I don't understand about all of this, is there is a really simple option if you don't want there to be anymore new pokemon. That option being, don't buy anymore new games. -_-

I don't understand the complaining about filling the dex either, mainly because I've never felt the need too, but they let you transfer over all of your old Pokes from the previous gen so...yeah, still abit of a non-issue if you ask me.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:07 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

They'rre certainly a lot of pokemon but I don't think there will ever be enough pokemon simply because they will never stopped being made until they run out of ideas which will be never

Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:21 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Actually, I think they'll run out of ideas sometime. It'll be sad if when I'm like 30, Nintendo releases a Pokemon Greenish-Blue Version.

~Neil Peart

Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:59 am
Profile WWW
THE POWER IS ON!

New Pokemon are the only reason I have to care about the new games anymore, so they can keep making new Pokemon as long as they'd like. Actually I'd far prefer if they could just DLC all future new Pokemon into my copy of Black so I don't need to buy anymore games I don't like/systems I don't want to buy, but oh well.

Either way, I've accepted that the nostalgic days of me blindly loving every single Pokemon in a region were over after Kanto. Yes, there's Pokemon I don't like sometimes. Who cares? They still made enough cool new Pokemon in Hoenn, Sinnoh and especially Unova that I can endure the few that I dislike.

The "they're running out of ideas" stuff was boring and repetitive back in 2002. There's a near-infinite number of ideas in the real world to turn into new Pokemon and a ton of unexplored type combinations. And no I don't consider them "running out of ideas" because we got garbage bag and ice cream cone Pokemon in BW. If anything I think Unova had a lot of cool, interesting ideas for Pokemon that the previous games lacked. Sinnoh's new evolutions that everyone and their mothers bitched about didn't really bother me either, save a few exceptions where I was like "Was ___ really so weak that it needed an evolution...?" Hoenn taught me that it was okay for new Pokemon to have superficial similarities with existing Pokemon, and that new design styles can be introduced to the series. Every set of Pokemon has given me something so far.

Also, I've never finished the Pokedex in a single game anyway so the "it's too hard to complete the Pokedex" complaint holds no water for me either.

Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:15 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

What can I say that hasnt already been said? Not much really.

For me personally, yeah I wouldnt mind if they keep introducing pokes (Still want a ghost/steel type combo). As for running out of ideas, please see frosts post above. And if you dont feel like looking at here's the quote:

Frost wrote:
And no I don't consider them "running out of ideas" because we got garbage bag and ice cream cone Pokemon in BW.

That sentence pretty much sums it up.

Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:37 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Frost wrote:
New Pokemon are the only reason I have to care about the new games anymore, so they can keep making new Pokemon as long as they'd like. Actually I'd far prefer if they could just DLC all future new Pokemon into my copy of Black so I don't need to buy anymore games I don't like/systems I don't want to buy, but oh well.

I would seriously like friggen pee my pants if they made DLCs for Pokemon, but honestly, I don't see it happening. But if they did, that would be awesome. I would totally buy it.

~Neil Peart

Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:42 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I like new things, the only ones I hate are evos of old ones (hello DP). Gen. 2 was the best, though. All they needed was the abilities.

Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:54 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'd rather them introduce new Regions/Areas/Items than dozens of ugly Pokemon. Like 10 or 20 awesome, different, non-repetitive pokemon for each new generation?
Zubat > New heart-shaped-nose pig.

Not that I care, I thought D/P Pokemon looked dumb at first then I got used to them then I liked them.

Image Image Image Image Image Image - White
----------------------------------
Image Image Image Image Image Image - OTeam

My Trading Thread (Closed)

Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:43 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
Question of Life? 42.
Anyway, some new pokemon are instant success (Oshawott family, Gigalith, etc) and some make me want to do some rather evil things to Nintendo (Wubat. How :censored: creative.). But I generally want more. Pokemon is awesome and I hate very few... once again, Wubat :censored: es me off to no end. But Nintendo are awesome and seeing some inanimate objects as Pokemon will be awesome. :P

Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:15 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Haha yeah I know. When I saw Woobat for the first time, I was like, " Uhh..."

~Neil Peart

Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:55 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

they already have over 600 pokemon i think that they have enough

Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:26 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Haha yeah, well as Smosh once said:

"Over 500 Pokemon? What the firetruck!?"

Haha gotta love Smosh :)

~Neil Peart

Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:40 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I think there should be more Pokemon, the more variety there is the better right? They can stop when there over 9000! Get it? That was lame wasn't it...

Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:01 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Haha um yeah kind of... :)

~Neil Peart

Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:19 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I've honestly tried to quit buying the games, but the new Pokemon always reel me in. I don't care how many they make, as long as they look cool they can sleep safely knowing they'll get my $80 for the two new Generation VI and Generation VII and so on games. I'm a Pokemon freak. Have been since I was 5. That's right, 5. 14 years later I'm still enjoying the games. I can't help it, just can't. I love the series, and I love Pokemon.

Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:50 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

You really can't have enough different kinds of Pokemon, without the addition of new ones there wouldn't really be any more mainstream Pokemon games right? Anyway, I'm quite fascinated to see all of the ideas of Pokemon Game Freak comes up with in the future. You can never have to much Pokemon!

Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:46 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Haha very true. Good point. :)

~Neil Peart

Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:04 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next