It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Help Needed to beat my friend :) 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Me and my friends are having a blue/red/yellow tournament and i currently have to vs my friend in the final.
His team includes:
-Alakazam
-Dragonite
-Venasaur
-Blastoise
-Charizard
-Pikachu

Now my pokemon are:
Pidgeot, Snorlax, Magmar, Mew, Blastoise, Exxegutor, Golduck, Rhydon, Rapidash, Victreebell, Hypno and Raichu.

I would prefferably have Mew and Blastoise in my team.

Any Suggestions on a Top 6 and which order they should be in?

Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:01 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

If you are sure he is going to stick to the same team, use Pokemon that would counter his Pokemon.

Based on your available Pokemon, I would pick the following team.

Mew
Blastoise
Hypno
Exeggutor
Snorlax
Raichu

Three Psychics might seem like overkill, but Psychic is one of, if not the best type for RBY, with few types and moves able to counter a rampant Psychic Pokemon. Now Exeggutor and Hypno would be your best bets against his Alakazam. Being Psychic would render Psychic less damaging to you. You can try to hit hard and fast with Hypno (Seismic Toss would be a good idea), or use Exeggutor with Leech Seed to try to survive longer.

If you can handle Alakazam, possibly his biggest threat, you should do fine. Use Blastoise with Ice Beam to handle Dragonite quickly. Venusaur should be dealt with by any Psychic, since it is vulnerable due to its part Poison Typing. Exeggutor, being part Plant, would be most ideal. Blastoise should be dealt with using Raichu. Charizard is also ripe for the picking with Blastoise. Pikachu isn't very good defensively, so there's no need to throw in Rhydon to counter it. Just use any hard hitting Pokemon to quickly put it out of commission and you should be fine. Snorlax is a good all-round Pokemon to use as backup.

Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:51 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

What I'd like to know is how your friend got to the finals with a Pikachu...

Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:02 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

He probably used yellow and like the other ten thousand people never bothered to evolve it

Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:46 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Not necessarily. After all, it depends on the level (and remember, you can't evolve it in Yellow...) and if you like the Poke the way it is. I think he was going for the Ash-like quality in making a team, and putting the Pikachu in there is homage to the anime. Or it could just be Yellow...

Much like the great sNOwBaLL said, play to the types. Based on what you have against what he has, try and play type games with him. (Use your Blastoise for Charizard, an Exeggutor [good for Psychic] against his Blastoise, and a Magmar for his Venusaur.)

As for the rest, try to delay with Alakazam. Because its Special is so high, Special Attacks would be almost useless, and it can boost its Defense very high. Dragonite is another delay. Especially considering how powerful it is. Pikachu can be handled very easily with a Ground Pokemon if you put one on.

So here is the Top 6 I would choose for you:

Mew
Blastoise
Magmar
Exeggutor
Rhydon
Snorlax

Different than sNOwBaLL's, again. If you want rationale, let me know.

Of course, he's probably the better advisor...

Hope this helps!

AEPMT :D :) 8-) :wink: :mrgreen:

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge

Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:47 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

-Alakazam
-Dragonite
-Venasaur
-Blastoise
-Charizard
-Pikachu

Wow Yellow version. Good challenge.

Mine will be the same, play with types.

Pikachu is very easy to get rid of. Get Rhydon with Earthquake if possible, but I don't see why that should be hard with any ground move.

For Alakazam, you'd need to be able to give a hard hit so it doesn't use recover, or has no time to. You can use Rhydon for this too since Alakazam is a special stat fighter. As backup against it, bring out Execcutor because it will have a psychic type along with grass, and use stomp.

For Venusaur, probably his biggest offence will be using solar beam. If you can, time this with Pidgeot and fly so when he powers up, you attack, and when he attacks, you fly up.

Dragonite is tougher you should use Blastoise and give it blizzard or another ice move. Ice beam would be your best bet.

Charizard will simply go down to Blastoise with hydro pump, with STAB involved.

I know alot of this seems like it's obvious but but this is my take on it. As for the Order, depends on if he will use his Pokemon in that order.

Summary of Pokemon: Rhydon, Exegutor, Blastoise, Pidgeot, Venusaur, Raichu (I didn't mention him however none of your friend's Pokemon types are super-effective. Except Venusaur).

Hope I helped.

Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:13 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

You can't beat dragonite!

But if you want to try i suggest
Mew,Blastoise,Rhydon,Snorlax,Pidgeot and Raichu.

Still I really can't see you beating Dragonite.

Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]