It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 simple question 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

hey there! im not sure if this is the right place for posting this but wtvr its related to r/s/e so it must be.

my question is simple. im just wondering if it messes with your pokemon's stats in any way if you leave them at the daycare when they have not gained EVs yet. because i know the day care is a bit like rare candies so im not sure if i should train my heracross. i have bred almost 20 of them and i figured out that the best one of all was the one left at the daycare (the mother). should i start training it?

thanks a lot!

Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:09 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

They don't gain EVs at the day-care, but the one you left there probably had the best IVs. If you leave them there when they have no EVs, it's just like rare candies. If you train it now, it'll be just as good as if you hadn't left it in the day-care. =)

And I think it goes in the question thread, if you were wondering. =)

Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:55 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

yeah thats pretty much what i thought. its just i know theres a lot of ppl who say its bad to put rare candies on a non-fully-trained-in-EVs pokemon, but i cant figure how that could be.

thanks for your answer :)

Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:18 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Oh yeah, people say that it's better to train than rare candy, because candies don't give EVs, but if you make up for it then it doesn't matter. :)

Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:07 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

Using Rare Candies is fine. It is true that leveling up using Rare Candies doesn't give you any EVs in the process, but if you eventually EV train your Pokemon, there won't be any difference. You can use Rare Candies before or after you EV train and you'll still end up with the same stats. I believe this point has been highlighted in the site's EV Guide.

Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:50 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

yeah i thought all those rare candy myths was kinda weird. thanks for clarifying

and yeah i learned EV training from another website long ago so i didnt check te psypokes section for EV training. ill go check it now

thx again XD

Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:19 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

No problem. Rare Candies are in fact beneficial, not detrimental if you understand what I was trying to explain ;)

Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]