It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 What was most frustrating for you in Sinnoh? 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

The most annoying thing is how often random battles occur. It takes forever to get through a small area, and if you want to explore, it usually doesn't even seem worth it considering how long it would take. It seems like they're so much more common than they were in previous generations. Also, the battles seem to take a lot longer. I'm not talking about stalling and stuff, but it seems like it takes forever to do something, like switch, pick a move or run.

Another thing I really didn't like was how it had to "save a lot of data" everytime you used the PC. Overall though, I still liked the game, just not as much as the other 3 generations.

Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'm sure it bothered other people, but to be walking, get stuck in mud, slamming the control pad to get out, only to immediately get into a wild pokemon battle. :shock: I didn't miss the fire types, but probably because i chose chimchar. and the "saving alot of data" killed me sometimes. other than that, no real complaints.

Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:30 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

The thing that frustrates me the most about this game is that it was to easy to beat the elite four, and there are not enough legendary events where I live.

Black Friend Code: used in trades gmt - 06:00 central time us
Chris 1935 9949 5758
3ds Friend code:
3695-0533-8271 this one has reached 100 friends if you want a safari from me use the 2nd friend code.
2nd 3ds friend code: 1821-9478-7101
Black2 Friend Code: Chris 0519 5118 7320

Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:31 pm
Profile YIM
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: Tin Tower, Navel Rock, maybe I'm flapping right behind you.
sobohobo123 wrote:
I'm sure it bothered other people, but to be walking, get stuck in mud, slamming the control pad to get out, only to immediately get into a wild pokemon battle. :shock: I didn't miss the fire types, but probably because i chose chimchar. and the "saving alot of data" killed me sometimes. other than that, no real complaints.

I hated the mud and the "Saving a lot of data" as well, those are real time-wasters.

Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:05 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: The funny farm, where life is beautiful all the time!!
At least the 'Saving a lot of data' thing is necessary, otherwise it wouldn't save properly... And it only means you have to do nothing for about 4 more seconds, it's not that painful.

8 D

Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:40 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: United Kingdom, or according to Nintendo nowhere as our country normally doesn't exist to them.
The heatran sidequest. it made very little sense and the bugger was a nightmare to catch. plus why wasn't the magma stone his soul dew.

Mespirit and Cresselia. :frustrated: :censored: ing hate fleeing pokes like those two, i ended up getting so frustrated with mespirit i caught it with my masterball. then found out about the other one. :frustrated: annoyingly low capture rates.

Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:46 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Thats why you use pokemon with abilaty's like arena trap or shadow tag.

Black Friend Code: used in trades gmt - 06:00 central time us
Chris 1935 9949 5758
3ds Friend code:
3695-0533-8271 this one has reached 100 friends if you want a safari from me use the 2nd friend code.
2nd 3ds friend code: 1821-9478-7101
Black2 Friend Code: Chris 0519 5118 7320

Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:14 am
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Pikachu. That and the fact that the 1st gym is rock type(like in hoenn) *they make em look so weak*

Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:02 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

fire types werent a problem for me, i picked turtwig and got the other two when my friend started the game
what was annoying was mount coronet

Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:41 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

the lack of fire types and only one good one(Infernape) At least plat. Has more fire types

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16
*put this in your siggy if u love Jesus Christ with all your heart*

Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:06 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

<anger>
</anger>

Too tired to bother...

8 D

Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:43 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I dont use the orbs from the underground so they clutter up in my bag. It became a hassle so I dont even chisel them out anymore

Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:45 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Do you know about burying them in the same spot to make them into a bigger orb? It's got a special name of some sort, I think, but I can't remember what. My bag is filled with lots of level 99 orbs n_n

8 D

Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:47 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Mudget wrote:
Do you know about burying them in the same spot to make them into a bigger orb? It's got a special name of some sort, I think, but I can't remember what. My bag is filled with lots of level 99 orbs n_n

I had so many level 99 spheres I had to bury some! :lol:

Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:42 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I have lots.

1. Underleveled. Your highest level Pokemon is like 40, like the grunts when you catch Dialga/Palkia/Giratina..
2. Place where you get Dragon Claw. I, like looked in maps for hours... Until I found a shortcut.
3. In Platinum, storyline... I did not know about Prof. Rowan and that power down guy part.
4. Platinum, Cynthia blocks Turnback Cave.
5. Platinum, Dialga and Palkia. I still haven't caught them yet(e.g. They won't appear.) Annd I spoke to Cynthia at that old place and I got the Orbs!!

Gardevoir
Beldum
Dragonite

~Platinum Team
Description: My team on Platinum.
Empoleon lv54
Garchomp lv56
Salamence lv53
Glaceon lv55

Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:32 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

The amount of time some berries take to grow. Waiting 96 hours just to get two berries out of it is just hell.

GTS also gets on my nerves how the few pokemon i still need are just spammed with stupid offers. No i will not give you a level 100 Deoxys for your Silcoon!

My Shinies: {victreebel} {chikorita} {ralts} {bellossom} {slakoth} {shedinja} {meditite} {cacturne} {deoxys} {shinx} PM Me Anytime For Trades

Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:32 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I've got several beefs with Sinnoh:

Lack of good Move Tutors until Platinum.
Certain Pokemon not learning good moves in D/P, but in Platinum (such as Foresight for Skitty, Bug Bite for Wormadam).
Gyarados STILL not learning any Flying-Type Moves short of Hidden Power prior to Platinum (lucky enough to have one though, but I'd still rather have Bounce).
Lack of Good and/or New Fire Types prior to E4.
6 Pokemon per GBA cartridge per day (had a ton to transfer and still had stuff like move tutors to do in Hoenn first).
Swarms repeating on consecutive days (especially if trying to get Emerald Safari Zone (former) exclusives).
Lack of Kecleon to determine Hidden Power in Pearl (one of the first Pokemon I had to transfer for that reason alone).
The Physical/Special Split. Good for some, Bad for some.

When you say bad things on Pokemon forums about people with Asperger's Syndrome, you say bad things about Pokemon creator Satoshi Tajiri, too. Put this in your signature if you support people with Asperger's Syndrome & Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:39 am
THE POWER IS ON!

1. People complaining about Bidoof/Bibarel. (Bidoof and Bibarel are the not first incredibly common wild Pokemon. And, no, Bidoof didn't kill your grandmother, so stop whining about how terrible and demonic he is. Get over it.)

2. People complaining about the lack of Fire types. (Seriously, the lack of Fire Pokemon in Sinnoh is not the first time that a type has ever gotten screwed over in a region. Fire is not an essential type to get through the game, nor is it a particularly good type in general. Get over it.)

3. People complaining about how ugly/terrible/horrible the new Pokemon are, particularly newer Pokemon who are related to older Pokemon. (Hooray for kneejerk reactions and people who will love the Generation IV Pokemon just in time for Generation V to come out so they can complain about how hideous and uninspired all of those Pokemon are instead! The exact same thing happened in the interim between Gen. II/Gen. III and Gen. III/Gen. IV. And, of course, we can't forget DURRR LICKILICKY IZ STOOPID AND UGLEE. Seriously, get over it.)

There are more, but those are the most frustrating things about Sinnoh. >_>

Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:03 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

It's not so much lack of Fire-Type lines so much as the one (and I stress one) they did use if you didn't take Chimchar.

Ponyta and Rapidash. Is that really the best Non-Chimchar evolution-line they can give us? Base 100 Attack, Base 105 Speed, other Base stats at 80 and under (lowest being HP at 65), and a shallow Move-Pool? I would have been happy with a different Fire-Type line instead of more of them available.

Seriously, I'd have been happier with the Vulpix line, Houndour line, or even just Torkoal instead of the Ponyta line. Having the Houndour and Magby lines in Platinum Pre-National Dex is wonderful, but they really dropped the ball with just the Ponyta line Pre-National Dex in Diamond & Pearl.

Sorry if I'm ranting, but it's not fair. Fire-Types need some love, too.

When you say bad things on Pokemon forums about people with Asperger's Syndrome, you say bad things about Pokemon creator Satoshi Tajiri, too. Put this in your signature if you support people with Asperger's Syndrome & Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:23 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

What is so special about Fire-types, honestly? I'm not trying to single you out because tons of people on every Pokemon forum that I visit have complained about this. The Ponyta line is just fine for in-game purposes, Chimchar is probably the most popular of the three starters as far as the video games are concerned, and there are plenty of Fire-types unlocked after you beat the Elite Four. Plus they even fixed the lack of Fire Pokemon in Platinum. Even though, y'know, Sinnoh is north enough and cold enough that it snows there. Why WOULD Fire Pokemon be that common?

There was only one line of Ghost-type or Dragon-type Pokemon in Generation I. They only added one more member to each type in Generation II. There were only five families of Dark-type and Steel-type Pokemon in Generation II, and at least two from each type were no better than Rapidash. The Hoenn-based Generation III games only had three families of Ice-type Pokemon available, one of which was a legendary, and all of which you could not catch until after you won the seventh badge. Yet I never heard anybody complain that Hoenn needed more Ice Pokemon or anything the way everybody is like "There are no Fire Pokemon in Sinnoh!! Oh noes! What will I do?!"

I mean, yeah, it sucks if one of your favorite Pokemon happens to be a Fire-type and it wasn't in the Sinnoh dex (I probably would have liked Vulpix available myself), but it's really not that big of a deal with Pal Park, Wi-Fi trading or the many ways you can get additional Fire Pokemon after the Elite Four.

Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:40 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I suspect it had something to do with the fact that there were only 6 new fire types in Hoenn (Torchic line, Numel line, and Torkoal), a place that, in contrast to Sinnoh, is pretty warm (not to mention having a volcano that actually played a part in the main storyline), and people were expecting a more usual amount in Sinnoh. So, when the pre-national dex was revealed to have less total fires this gen than there were new ones last gen, as well as less new ones even with the Sinnoh evolutions added (only Chimchar line, Magmortar, and Heatran) everyone went nuts. Oh, and lets not get started on Flint.

Also, I suspect the reason Chimchar is so popular is simply that lack of fire types.

Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:06 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

EvilPenguin wrote:
Also, I suspect the reason Chimchar is so popular is simply that lack of fire types.

I wouldn't say so. It's one of many reasons, sure. But back when D/P were released in America (like, before people even knew to pick Chimchar because Sinnoh lacked Fire-types), the fandom seemed to be pretty evenly split between picking Chimchar or picking Piplup, with a lot less people picking Turtwig than either. Then I think that it caught on that Infernape was clearly better than Empoleon or Torterra in battle and therefore I'd have to say that Chimchar got the edge, though he also certainly got a boost from people who already knew that it was only Chimchar or Ponyta in Sinnoh.

I do think it was a bad decision to leave Heatran and Magmortar out of the Sinnoh Dex (as well as Flareon, because of Leaf and Glace), but that's because I think it is a dumb idea to have ANY of the new Pokemon missing from the new region's dex. Like what's the point of that? THAT would be a legitimate gripe I have about Sinnoh... it was especially bad that Tangela got a new evolution and then, for some reason unknown to man, they didn't HAVE Tangela in the game at all. WTF? And even when you take Platinum into consideration, Gamefreak STILL screwed up where Heatran, Cresselia and Regigigas are concerned. They're not event legendaries or anything, so why aren't they even in the EXPANDED Sinnoh Dex? Lame.

Yeah, so maybe Fire got a little bit neglected in Sinnoh, but it isn't the end of the world. There are at least six types (Fighting, Ice, Dragon, Ghost, Steel and Dark; Electric also qualifies if you group the five highly-similar Rotom appliances as only one new Pokemon) that have less than thirty Pokemon, all of which have been around for at least three generations (most of them for four generations), and Fire isn't one of them, guys.

OH, and there was another example of a type getting the shaft in Hoenn that I forgot to mention: Electric. Only three new fully evolved Electrics, and two are the highly similar (and completely sucky) Minun and Plusle? FAIL. At least all of Fire's new Pokemon in DPP were usable.

Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:36 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I feel the need to add that:

Fire Pokemon are close to useless whilst surfing.
Fire Pokemon can be of help in caves, but not always.
Flying Pokemon have similar advantages to Fire.
Staraptor, with Close Combat, can hold it's own against Rock Pokemon. Sure, so can Infernape, as it has fighting moves I can't be bothered to look up but
Flying Pokemon are of some use against Water Pokemon. More so than Fire Pokemon, to say the least!

..I started with Turtwig, and never regretted it. Not once.

8 D

Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:45 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

For me the most frustrating part was getting TM 64. Because I had failed to notice the notice on the wall had said to go up to the counter to get TM 64 after 10 consecutive bonus rounds, I immidately soft resetted after I wasn't presented with it after 11 rounds, not bothering to go up to the counter. I never was able to get that high again... in Diamond. In Pearl, I decided to test the theory that I had to go up to the counter, and viola, I got myself a TM 64

[color=#00FF00]Diamond --Friend Code: 2492-7598-5769 --Name: SUPER JK --Play Time: over 754 hours --ID No.: 05221
Pokedex: 493 Awe yeah! --Score: 60689 --Adventure Started: Apr. 22, 2007 --Card: Silver --Money: 999,999 poke[/color]

Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:04 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Location: I live in the 'Cirle Of Shame' with the rest of the idiots
In Diamond , i think that the most annoying thing is catching Cresselia + Mesprit cause i took 1 month just to find it and another just the weaken it and catch just to find that it have a crap nature. :twisted:

Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next