It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 What was most frustrating for you in Sinnoh? 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

The fact that the best wild pokemon training opportunities seem to be geared AGAINST flying, poison, electric, bug, and ice types.
Seriously, I'd be going through Mt.Coronet or Iron Island or Victory Road and I can't use my Crobat or Drapion because they aren't effective against hte majority of the pokemon that appear there... And Floatzels take 2 hits to faint...

looking at platinum i was thinking "woohoo! scyther early on in the game!!!" but then looking at the training opportunities... "oh gods... how am I gonna raise it?"

by the way, who needs fire types? not me. :D
but yea, zong is quite evil with no fire type...

quae incensus cogitat grama esse bonus.
incendit per noctam,
et sic excitavit;
invenit veru magnum ano.

Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:23 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Selsix wrote:
why the hell does everyone say they needed a fire type to beat the E4? i never used 1 and i did it in one sweep my first time

Team Used:

{lucario}
{torterra}
{luxray}
{toxicroak}
{floatzel}
{noctowl}

Mind you none were even over level 55

We're not saying we NEEDED them. We're just saying there weren't that many. (For God's sake, Flint was a fire user but he only had 2 freakin fire types)

Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:49 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: The funny farm, where life is beautiful all the time!!
shadowman777 wrote:
It's not that you need a fire Pokemon to beat the Elite 4 it's just that it makes beating that Bronzong a lot easier because its only weakness is fire and it will take a while unless you have a very high level Pokemon with you.

Bronzong wasn't that hard, I just used my Staraptor!!
Also, the only other times a Fire type will come in handy is against:

The Bug guy (But a Flying will go just as well)
Cynthia (Against Roserade - Flying still just as good!!)

So really, if you have a Flying Pokemon, Fire types aren't all that great!! If it's that important, just teach a different Pokemon a fire TM.

8 D

Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:47 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Location: On a...wait, what is this...? Oh, it's just a chair.
I wouldn't say it was the lack of fire types (which was what most of this forum is made of). However, most frustrating to me is how unlucky I was the first 5 or 6 times I fought the elite four (couldn't get past Lucian, I was soo enraged!).

Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:00 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I know I've been ranting about lack of fire types for a while, but that actually isn't true for me. (I picked chimchar anyway so...) The real thing I hated is how people think it's a big deal about getting dialga/palkia, so anyone I played against online always had at least one of them. (It's so sad :cry: )

Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:41 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: Tin Tower, Navel Rock, maybe I'm flapping right behind you.
The Elite Four, I needed my brother's friend's Empoleon to beat them all. :frustrated:

Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:51 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Bizarrely, I had to trade someone my Empoleon so they could beat the elite four.

PARADOX...

Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:36 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

hmm. i think mt. coronet was a bit taxing.. idk i really don't know.

ohhh i know, trying to get a stupid munchlax. -______-
haha i ended up just palparking a snorlax to breed it ^^

Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:39 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

shadowman777 wrote:
It's not that you need a fire Pokemon to beat the Elite 4 it's just that it makes beating that Bronzong a lot easier because its only weakness is fire and it will take a while unless you have a very high level Pokemon with you.

WHAT?? Even with a rapidash at lv. 58 with good attack and flare blitz I couldn't beat it. I swear, that thing wiped out 50% of my team alone.

Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:49 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I had to obtain a Snorlax at the GTS so I could get a Munchlax.

Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:54 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Location: Amazing avvy made by Afonso, be sure to visit the Fusion Market!
Kinda like what Ho-Oh rules said. The honey trees really pissed me off when I wanted to get a Munchlax/Heracross >:(

Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:05 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I got it by migrating snorlax, then breeding it with it holding a full insence.

Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:12 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

i got stuck (like a few others i think) at pastoria. after you beat the gym, there is a galactic guy you have to go back and talk to, before going onto get the cure for the psyducks headaches. but i just figured that since i'd beaten the gym, i could keep going along the path that exits the town to the laft. ah...... i got stuck there for ages, and tried all kinds of things, even including catching ALL the unowns because i thought the cave maniac guy would dig me to a new place i hadnt been yet :lol:

Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:42 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Really? I thought it was easy to figure since he wasn't there before, but I guess everyones different. :lol:

Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:46 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

In my Pearl Version, it said Munclax wasn't avaliable at any area in my Pokédex. I don't know if it's a glitch, but that is what it said. I was never able to find one until I got a Snorlax from the GTS. It's also similar to Heracross as well, I had to migrate one from my Sapphire Version.

Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:42 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

- Mt. Coronet was a complete pain, I always spend way too much time trying to find hidden items etc., and of course that led to half a dozen unnecessary trainer battles, wasted items and so on.

- Catching a :censored: Gible; it took me ages to find the place where you catch them, then get through the bike obstacle, then remembering my parafusioner pikachu for catching the darn thing doesn't have a physical attack that's not electric type. >.<

- EV training my modest Espeon in SpA, only to find I counted wrong in my tally and would have to start over for the third time. I never want to see another Golduck ever again...

If I owe/ said I would donate you psybucks, please PM me ASAP (preferably a link to the page that I "bought" the item) and I will try to round them up as quickly as possible (of course, after the cash mod is fully functional). Thanks.

Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:57 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Just getting around was a pain in DP. Too many obstacles in too many areas with the encounter rate set too high. I usually buy both games in a generation so that I can use one as a TM/item generator while the other is my "home" game, but I've held off on buying Diamond just because of this issue.

Also, the story was a little lame. Call me a loser for caring, but after Emerald - hell, after LGFR - the Galactics seemed an ill-defined enemy with vague, unstated goals whom you fought just because they were there. Also, I wouldn't consent to wear the Galactic uniform for, what, like two week's pay, whereas I'd pay twice that amount myself for a well-made Rocket, Magma, or Aqua costume.

What? It frustrates me that I can't bring the sizzle while cosplaying the bad guys. Don't give me that look.

(S)ome dumb kids looked at Mewtwo and thought "Hey he can clone things and move objects with his mind and be weak to Ghost attacks, why can't I?" Because it is a freaking game!!! Not something you should actaully practice in real life!!!

Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:44 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

victory road is so confusing. i was lost half the time and hadn't brought an escape rope or any repels the first time around. i ended up going through the same room 4 or 5 times before i found the right path. by the time i got out of there, i my garchomp named Drakonez was the only pokemon that hadn't fainted. i hate that place

Mt. Coronet i can handle. it was actually fun. but victory road is just aggrivating. :frustrated:

want to trade?

0646 1156 7995 FC

Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:55 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

drakonezduskmoon wrote:
victory road is so confusing. i was lost half the time and hadn't brought an escape rope or any repels the first time around. i ended up going through the same room 4 or 5 times before i found the right path. by the time i got out of there, i my garchomp named Drakonez was the only pokemon that hadn't fainted. i hate that place

Mt. Coronet i can handle. it was actually fun. but victory road is just aggrivating. :frustrated:

I'm completely the opposite; I was stuck in Coronet for over an hour, whereas I made it through Victory Road in about 10 minutes!!

8 D

Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:09 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Training my Pokemon, so I could beat the Elite 4. Routes 216 and 217; you walk so slowly :frustrated:

Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:30 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

While everyone is whining about the lack of fire types, just remember that there are many available after you obtain the national dex. I know that some of you probably just play till you beat the elite four and then reset, so I can understand that annoyance.

But what annoys me more than the distinct lack of fire types is Nintendos' apparant hatred for all things bug related. While other types get sweet pokemon like Lucario, Drapion and Rampardos, poor old bug gets shunted with the likes of Mothim, Combee and Wormadam, Pokemon so atrosciously hideous that their mother most likely tried to drown them at birth. Their apperance would be forgiven if their stats were actually up to the task of battling, but unfortunatley these are made of even more fail than their ugly mugs.

I await the day with baited breath that Nintendo creates a bug/dragon that is actually capable of kicking ass.

On a side note, when facing the elite four I have never trained my team beyond level 55. In fact the last time I beat the elite four it was with a team of level 51's. Level isn't as important as you think, what's important is type match up and strategy.

Steelix- I caught it in victory road and just left it with the moves it had(irontail, dragonbreath, screech and crunch) It's massive defense and steel typing make it an excellent tank for me to hide behind while i revive and heal the rest of my team mid-battle. Oh yeah, and that screech came in real handy. The occasional paralysis from dragonbreath did'nt hurt either.

Gyarados-This thing beat cynthia single-handed. Maxing out dragon dance while up against spiritomb(cynthia's weakest and least dangerous pokemon) and then using ice fang, aquatail or bite to kill the whole team in one or two hits.

Drapion- sent out first every battle to lay down toxic spikes, Drapion put the whole enemy team on a clock. Then all i had to do was survive till the toxic poisoning dropped their hp low enough to finish them off before they decided to use a full restore.

Raichu- Thunder wave ensured that despite my teams huge level disadvantage, the opponents would always go last, giving me a massive edge, couple this with the great defensive properties of light screen and raichu effectivley shut down my opponents special offensive.

Rampardos- Huge physical damage was the order of the day here. Once raichu and drapion had done their thing, Rampardos just hammered away until the opponent fell.

Dialga- I never even used him in battle once, i left him at level 47 and just sent him out as a sacrifical lamb to bide time while I revived and healed my more important pokemon.

Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:53 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I liked what Sefrin was saying, until he said about a Bug/Dragon Pokemon. There are already enough strong Dragon Pokemon, so why not just a Bug Pokemon that's strong? And then a Dragon equivalent of Rattata and Zigzagoon-like Pokemon.

8 D

Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:03 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Actually, one of the most frustrating things is constantly having your rival battle you every now and then, not frustrating but annoying. :(

Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:01 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Sefrin wrote:

I await the day with baited breath that Nintendo creates a bug/dragon that is actually capable of kicking ass..

no offense but, i think the only chance you would have of that happening would be if they made a dragonfly like pokemon other than yanma and yanmega. personally, i think yanmega is the best bug type they have come out with so far. but, i admit it would be cool if they had a bug/dragon type pokemon, we will just have to wait and see.

and what the heck are you thinking with the dragon equivalent of a rattata or zigzagoon. if they made an eevee dragon type form, then my friend ricabrightfox would be overjoyed. but seriously, rattata is probably not going to happen

want to trade?

0646 1156 7995 FC

Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:53 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

my game is glitched so i can fly to sunnyshore but if i walk the guy says the power is down

Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:14 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next