It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:51 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Safari Trouble (Thx 4 Help) Lock It 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Good Day to you, fellow Psypokians. I come back from a long sleep in dire need of your assistance. As I take my COD4 and Halo break, as well as a break from writing my books, to get back into the pokemon spirit, I have found myself trapped in "Catching Them All"

Tauros is proving to be a worthy foe in the safari zone, for he is rare to be seen and impossible to catch. I found a palce where he turns up, but I'm having a hell of a time actually catching him. I've come to a conclusion that I HAVE to throw a rock at him to have any shot, and when I throw bait he runs all the time. I need to know how YOU did it, or how the best way to do it is. I've spent about %$12500 on the safari zone to date, and I would like my next time in to be my last. So... as I take a break to go find cash, can you aid me in catching him?

How would YOU do it? What's the best way to do it? Is there a trick? Am I screwed?

Last edited by comedianmasta on Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:25 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Just your average 10 year old

My Safari strategy is, Bait, Bait, Rock, Ball. As for ALWAYS running away on bait, no. In fact, I cayght with this strategy: Ball.

Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:18 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I know that it's slightly different, but in Blue, Tauros was just as hard to catch. Actually, bait never made him run. Rocks always did the trick, though (it running away). Bait always made the balls miss though. I would rack up the money if I were you. Persistence will eventually pay off.

You found a "place" to catch it? I'm so jealous after all the work I had to do... :lol: I was excited to see one in my Safari excursions. When I finally saw two in one go, I caught the second one (after spending countless Pokemoney [for lack of a better name]).

Just keep trying, I wish I could be more help...

AEPMT :D :) :P :wink: :mrgreen:

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge

Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:14 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Wanna know the secret to catching Safari Zone pokemon? It's this:

Throw balls at them.

Does it sound too simple? It does? Alright, I'll give you a more complicated version of it. First off, save before you enter the Safari Zone, and reset for every time you don't capture your desired pokemon. There's zero chance of capturing it if you throw bait or rocks. The bait doesn't taste good, and there's nothing intriguing about the rocks. However, if you throw the ball, you will have that chance of getting it. It's like throwing a Great Ball at a full health pokemon, so that's why it seems more difficult. But it really isn't.

Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:04 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Yo Shee is correct. I had a terrible time trying to catch a Chansey, and the strategy that ended up working was just throwing the ball. You'll get one eventually, and then you'll have the satisfaction of knowing that you finally managed to do it.

Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:48 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I couldn't catch tauros but I caught a Kangaskhan using 1 bait and 2 balls
I caught a chansey on my 52nd try!
For a Lucky Egg: put a Compoundeyes pokemon in front and catch a chansey. You MAY have a Lucky egg, but his increases the chances.
Dragon Fang: Same as above but find a dragonair. Dragon fang increases the power of all dragon moves (except dragon rage)

If anybody doesn't know, Lucky Egg Multiplies the exp. gained by the holder by 1.5

Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:00 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

>_>...

Many of you act like I'm some sort of a noob. I know it's simple and if I keep going I'll get it eventually but I was just looking for some extra help.

Thanks for your insight, how little it was. I guess I'll just keep trying until I catch the dang thing. I wish there was a way to make it pop up more. It's not the time spent inside that hurts, it's I spend, like, and hour in there and then I'm forced to retire because my Life becons me out of my gaming world.

I hate reality...

Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:20 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Caught it, thx 4 your help.

(lock it)

Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:57 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

Congrats (:

Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:25 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 9 posts ]