It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 Battle Frontier Team Help 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I need help making a team for the battle frontier, I have most of the TMs(Traded from my firered then restarted :DD) I can dupe them but one time I duped an Ice Beam all my TMs got deleted. So if I store my TMs in the PC will they be safe if I dupe them?, Now back to the topic. Can you guys suggest a good battle team for the battle frontier(Im kinda bored of Battle Factory >_>) I usually go to the Battle Dome/Tower and I havent been to the battle pyramid for a while but I'd like to go back
(I have all 9 Starters and LOTS of pokemon so you guys have alot to choose from)
My Current team is: I dont have the correct natures/EV training for these guys, lol I made them a while back when I didnt know how the Natures/EVs worked

Alakazam @ Brightpowder ( Yes I know its useless >_>)
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Sychronize
-Psychic
-Fire Punch
-Thunder Punch(Used to be ice punch but then I get cornered by Houndooms)
-Recover

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Nature:Hardy
Ability: Sand Stream
-Flamethrower
-Crunch
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide

Dragonite @ Scope Lens

Nature:Docile
Ablility: Inner Focus
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Hyper Beam(ewww)(Body Slam?)
-Wing Attack

Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:52 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Brightpower Lowers accuracy 5%.

Alakazam is great, but maybe replace F-Punch with a fighting type move or Future Sight. I used that move on the F-red Champion's Tyranitar with my mewtwo Levels 88 to 99. It may be less powerful than Psychic but it has great accuracy and hits ALL types; yes DARK types too :D Maybe give Alakazam a Twistedspoon to increase any Psychic move's power by 10%. Use a pokemon with compoundeyes as the ability to find Item holding pokemon more often.

Tyranitar has 1 type weakness not yet covered...WATER.
Also, you do know hardy does not affect any stats right?

Dragonite should have :| Hidden Power Flying or water. Flying to replace wing attack.
Water to hurt the occasional ROCK type Graveler or Aerodactyl that comes along.

Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:06 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

LSA2013 wrote:
Brightpower Lowers accuracy 5%.

Alakazam is great, but maybe replace F-Punch with a fighting type move or Future Sight. I used that move on the F-red Champion's Tyranitar with my mewtwo Levels 88 to 99. It may be less powerful than Psychic but it has great accuracy and hits ALL types; yes DARK types too :D Maybe give Alakazam a Twistedspoon to increase any Psychic move's power by 10%. Use a pokemon with compoundeyes as the ability to find Item holding pokemon more often.

Tyranitar has 1 type weakness not yet covered...WATER.
Also, you do know hardy does not affect any stats right?

Dragonite should have :| Hidden Power Flying or water. Flying to replace wing attack.
Water to hurt the occasional ROCK type Graveler or Aerodactyl that comes along.

lol Thnx on the Tyran & Dragonite tips BUT Mewtwo and Alakazam are very different, Mewtwo can be both a Special Sweeper and a Phyiscal Sweeper because of its high attack AND special stats but alakazams attack stat isnt the best ( I think)

Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:59 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

ReverseAlakazam wrote:

Alakazam @ Brightpowder
-Psychic
-Fire Punch Ice Punch
-Recover Calm Mind. Alakazam is too weak defensively.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers or Shell Bell if Dragonite has Lefties
-Flamethrower Dragon Dance
-Crunch
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide

Dragonite @ Scope Lens try Lefties if using SubPunch, or Shell Bell
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Wing Attack
You could try SubPunch over Hyper Beam and Wing Attack...otherwise, give it Earthquake or Dragon Claw for STAB over Hyper Beam, depending on whether you want it more physical or special.

Juding by your natures, I would recommend rebreeding for battle frontier. At higher levels it can be quite difficult.

And BTW, don't use items like Twistedspoon, especially not in 3rd gen. They're almost useless.

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:42 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Sion9 wrote:
ReverseAlakazam wrote:

Alakazam @ Brightpowder
-Psychic
-Fire Punch Ice Punch
-Recover Calm Mind. Alakazam is too weak defensively.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers or Shell Bell if Dragonite has Lefties
-Flamethrower Dragon Dance
-Crunch
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide

Dragonite @ Scope Lens try Lefties if using SubPunch, or Shell Bell
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Wing Attack
You could try SubPunch over Hyper Beam and Wing Attack...otherwise, give it Earthquake or Dragon Claw for STAB over Hyper Beam, depending on whether you want it more physical or special.

Juding by your natures, I would recommend rebreeding for battle frontier. At higher levels it can be quite difficult.

And BTW, don't use items like Twistedspoon, especially not in 3rd gen. They're almost useless.

Cool more help Thanks
Kk My problem is catching a ditto for rebreeding and im currently breeding for an Adamant Heracross
Thnx for the tips Will do except I kinda dont like crunch which move should I replace it with/ Where can I get more subtitutes I kinda ruined it wasted my tutors... I dont think the battle frontier tutors give them.

Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:22 am
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

The only way you can teach your pokemon substitute is by trading them into FR/LG and using the move tutors there.

Oh if you you're trying to find an adamant ditto with good DVs, perhaps you could first catch an adamant Ralts or Abra with the Synchronize ability so that you have a better chance of finding an adamant ditto (1 in 17 instead of 1 in 25....I think)

Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:04 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

ReverseAlakazam wrote:
I kinda dont like crunch which move should I replace it with

lol I was thinking this was 4th gen for some reason...Crunch is special in 3rd gen...a nice move to put on it instead is Taunt.

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:38 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Cherrygrove wrote:
The only way you can teach your pokemon substitute is by trading them into FR/LG and using the move tutors there.

Oh if you you're trying to find an adamant ditto with good DVs, perhaps you could first catch an adamant Ralts or Abra with the Synchronize ability so that you have a better chance of finding an adamant ditto (1 in 17 instead of 1 in 25....I think)

1) Well I might as well look for an Adamant ditto first since my chances of finding an Adamant Ralts/Kirlia is 1/25

2) How will I get more subtitutes? I dont want to restart my FR again or Can I tutor more than once? Maybe I could chain breed from a smeargle? I would if someone showed me a working chain

Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:42 am
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

You're trying to teach dratini substitute right?

I'm not exactly sure how if the father knows a move that the baby can learn by TM situation works, but I don't think that that method is possible since Subsitute is not a TM in RSEFRLG.
I'm pretty sure that there is no way to get Dratini to learn substitue through breeding.

You cannot use tutors more than once.

Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:56 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Cherrygrove wrote:
You're trying to teach dratini substitute right?

I'm not exactly sure how if the father knows a move that the baby can learn by TM situation works, but I don't think that that method is possible since Subsitute is not a TM in RSEFRLG.
I'm pretty sure that there is no way to get Dratini to learn substitue through breeding.

You cannot use tutors more than once.

Nah Im not gonna Sub-Punch Dragonite

I'm gonna go for HP Flying+BoltBeam/(Insert attack here), so Do I keep breeding till I get the right DVs?

And can someone suggest a fourth move?

Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:09 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Alakazam: Modest/Timid.
Use Fire punch, Ice punch, Thunderpunch and Psychic. Then replace one of Punches with Calm mind.

Houndoom: Modest / Timid
Flamethrower, Crunch, Sunny day and Solarbeam.

D-Nite: Adamant / Jolly
Dragon dance, Earthquake, Sub, Focus punch. You can replace Focus punch with Brick break.

If you have any problems with breeding, Egg moves, IV:s or EV:s, you can ask me. Feel free to ask other things related to competive battling.

Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:31 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

For Dragonite's fourth move, Earthquake would be a good choice since it'll allow DRagonaite to do super effective damage against 5 more types. Dragon Dance is also a good choice since HP does not have a high base power, this way you could strengthen it to be a very strong attack (since D'nite's attack stat is very high) as well as get a speed boost at the same time. A fighting attack such as brick break would also be good to have.

You're probably going to have to do a lot of breeding before you get the right DVs, especially since you want a specific Hidden Power type.

Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:06 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Cherrygrove wrote:
For Dragonite's fourth move, Earthquake would be a good choice since it'll allow DRagonaite to do super effective damage against 5 more types. Dragon Dance is also a good choice since HP does not have a high base power, this way you could strengthen it to be a very strong attack (since D'nite's attack stat is very high) as well as get a speed boost at the same time. A fighting attack such as brick break would also be good to have.

You're probably going to have to do a lot of breeding before you get the right DVs, especially since you want a specific Hidden Power type.

KK Thanks will do but what can I replace earthquake with I already used both ones from emerald and my FR

Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:39 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

ReverseAlakazam wrote:
Cherrygrove wrote:

1) Well I might as well look for an Adamant ditto first since my chances of finding an Adamant Ralts/Kirlia is 1/25

So very false. You're looking for an Adamant Ditto WITH GOOD DVs. You don't need the Ralts/Kirlia/Natu (Natu has Synchronize 50% of the time, and is easier to find than Ralts) to have good DVs, and trust me, your odds of finding a Ditto with good DVs AND an Adamant nature without Synchronize are tiny. I'm trying to do the same thing, and even with Synchronize, I still haven't found a good one yet.

Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:41 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

JsXtm wrote:
ReverseAlakazam wrote:
Cherrygrove wrote:

So very false. You're looking for an Adamant Ditto WITH GOOD DVs. You don't need the Ralts/Kirlia/Natu (Natu has Synchronize 50% of the time, and is easier to find than Ralts) to have good DVs, and trust me, your odds of finding a Ditto with good DVs AND an Adamant nature without Synchronize are tiny. I'm trying to do the same thing, and even with Synchronize, I still haven't found a good one yet.

Im just looking for an Adamant ditto for breeding

Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:42 am
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Quote:

Which will be a lot faster if you have an adamant pokemon with synchronize.

Say that the only stat that you want is attack, and you want the ditto to have 31 DVs in that stat. That's a 1 in 25 chance of getting the right nature multiplied by the 1 in 32 chance of getting the perfect DV.
That comes up to a 1 in 800 chance of finding an adamant ditto with perfect Attack DVs by simply going out and catching dittos.

Now lets say you try to catch an adamant pokemon with synchronize first.
That improves your chances of getting the right nature to 1 in 17 multiplied by the 1 in 32 chance of getting the perfect DV. The product is 544. Now all you have to do is add the 1 in 25 chance (or 1in 50 if you're going after Natu) of getting an adamant pokemon with synchronize to 544 which comes up to a 1 in 569 or a 1 in 594 chance. (Although the chances of finding an Abra/Ralts compared to finding a Natu are a factor, so we might as well agree on around a 1 in 575 chance of finding the perfect ditto.)

In conclusion, you'll be able to find the perfect ditto much faster if you are using a pokemon with synchronize that has the nature you desire. The difference between the two is also magnified if you want to have a ditto with more than one perfect stat.

Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:00 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Cherrygrove wrote:
Quote:

Which will be a lot faster if you have an adamant pokemon with synchronize.

Say that the only stat that you want is attack, and you want the ditto to have 31 DVs in that stat. That's a 1 in 25 chance of getting the right nature multiplied by the 1 in 32 chance of getting the perfect DV.
That comes up to a 1 in 800 chance of finding an adamant ditto with perfect Attack DVs by simply going out and catching dittos.

Now lets say you try to catch an adamant pokemon with synchronize first.
That improves your chances of getting the right nature to 1 in 17 multiplied by the 1 in 32 chance of getting the perfect DV. The product is 544. Now all you have to do is add the 1 in 25 chance (or 1in 50 if you're going after Natu) of getting an adamant pokemon with synchronize to 544 which comes up to a 1 in 569 or a 1 in 594 chance. (Although the chances of finding an Abra/Ralts compared to finding a Natu are a factor, so we might as well agree on around a 1 in 575 chance of finding the perfect ditto.)

In conclusion, you'll be able to find the perfect ditto much faster if you are using a pokemon with synchronize that has the nature you desire. The difference between the two is also magnified if you want to have a ditto with more than one perfect stat.

I just want a ditto no DVs or anything just an Adamant ditto

Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]