It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 The Woes of Breeding Feebas 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

So I finally get a Calm Feebas with a good DV spread (Especially Spec. Def.) and I'm making poffins to get it's beauty up. Now, this is the firs time I've ever tried to get a Milotic, so hacking wasn't an option, the first time is special. :P

But after the first 12 or so, it won't eat any more and it's Beauty isn't even close to maxed. So I'm screwed now and have to breed / grow more berries, again.

3/5 of the way there, and now I'm all the way back at the beginning. (Or so I think, pretty sure my Feebas will always be a Feebas now.)

Anyone have similar Breeding Woes? Like trying to get a Hitmontop and at the least second attack adds 1 and defense adds 0 when it finally hit's 20?

Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:28 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

The Feebas problem can be remedied by giving it Poffins of a very high level. (I did Pokeblocks in Emerald with my Feebas, and gave it 5 Pokeblocks that were level 50, and that made it only 5 points short of the max. I've never done Poffins, but I believe the ratings work the same way.)

So I believe if you feed it Poffins whose levels combined equal 170 on the Dry/Beauty stat you should get Milotic. (And you can't feed it more than 12 Poffins/Pokeblocks, so try making them with Pamtre Berries; they're the best.)

Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:19 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I was feeding it poffins made with Wiki berries, but I'm still confused on how to read them, does their level = what the stat increase is? I had mostly level 16's and couldn't get any higher.

Do I just have to hold out for good berries? I don't want to get another great breed and ruin it with my lack of experience.

Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:47 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Quacked wrote:
I was feeding it poffins made with Wiki berries, but I'm still confused on how to read them, does their level = what the stat increase is? I had mostly level 16's and couldn't get any higher.

Do I just have to hold out for good berries? I don't want to get another great breed and ruin it with my lack of experience.

That's correct, buddy. If you're desperate, plant a bunch of Pamtre Berries in Emerald and then Pal-Park as many as you need (unless you can take care of berries well in D/P, I have heard that they don't recycle themselves and may die if left alone).
Pamtre Berries are pretty much a shoe-in, they always make Pokeblocks with a level of 50 or more.

Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:00 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Hmmm....sad case. Nintendo really should create something that lowers conditions, like unhealthy tibits for your Pokemon which increases friendship but reduces conditions. That way, at least we can reverse the effects of Poffins etc. when we do them wrongly. Anyway, in the Hoenn region, I get together with my friends and create Lvl 100+ Pokeblocks for my Pokemon. It's actually possible. :)

Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:21 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Just a quick tip for people trying to get Milotic in D/P:

Make the Poffins, SAVE, and then feed. If it doesn't max, just reset. It prevents wasting time, Poffins and berries.

Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:14 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Sapphirath wrote:
Hmmm....sad case. Nintendo really should create something that lowers conditions, like unhealthy tibits for your Pokemon which increases friendship but reduces conditions. That way, at least we can reverse the effects of Poffins etc. when we do them wrongly. Anyway, in the Hoenn region, I get together with my friends and create Lvl 100+ Pokeblocks for my Pokemon. It's actually possible. :)

I do all my Berry Blending with the comps, and even then, I wasn't even at my best form (on each one I got only 2 perfects and missed once or twice. If I'm in practice, I get about 10 perfects and never miss once).

So yeah, Pamtre blending is GOOD. If my mediocre skills with the NPCs can get me level 50 Pokeblocks, then surely you can do better.

Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:36 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Use either the berries mentioned earlier (Pamtre, I personally do not have any,) or Chilan Berries, which are given out by the Hiker Lady in Pastoria, it would take a lot of time, but making Poffins with those berries get really good Poffins; I used those (and I have a lv96 Milotic.)

Finding someone to make Poffins with, 2 other people would be better; just make sure they use either Pamtre, Chilan, or Charti berries, those are the best you can get.

Newest: Kangaskhan

Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:42 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Hmmm...if you're looking for Good berries to use you can ask around in the trade center...some guy is intending to set up a berry stall. I'm sure you'll be able to find Ganlon and Micle berries. Micle berries are perfect and the best for making Dry Poffins. I'm not too sure about the recipe, but I believe something like this should get you a very high level Poffin if you mix it up with 3 other players: Micle, Ganlon, Pamtre and Apicot berries. :wink:

Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:08 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

DNA wrote:
I do all my Berry Blending with the comps, and even then, I wasn't even at my best form (on each one I got only 2 perfects and missed once or twice. If I'm in practice, I get about 10 perfects and never miss once).

So yeah, Pamtre blending is GOOD. If my mediocre skills with the NPCs can get me level 50 Pokeblocks, then surely you can do better.

Am I missing something? I thought this was the Sinnoh region, not the Hoenn?

Well anyway, I find making poffins with friends DRAMATICALLY increases the potency of poffins. Not to mention, you get an amount of poffins equal to the number of people you're blending with. So if you're blending with 3 friends (4 people total) you'll get 4 poffins, all much higher level than if you did it yourself.

255 is the true devil's number.

typhlosion blaze wrote:
Wait, the guy who made this topic plays runescape? So 3rd grade.

From my "Stupid Insults" thread, where people tell eachother how people insulted them in a hilariously stupid manner, how ironic!

Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:15 am
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

That's true, but I'm just saying what I did for my Emerald Milotic, since I can't breed Poffins for the life of me.

Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:49 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

What's the standard for a good, or decent poffin? When you're doing it alone? No, not 100, cuz that's the best; I'm asking for decent. My best is about 40ish.

I have some mild poffins at level 60. One was there when I first got the case. The other was given to my by this guy in the contest hall. He looks like a "Richboy", and he stood in front of the sign-up desk. After I talked to him, he gave me a mild level 60 poffin, and walk to the right and resumed his post as the advice guy. Does anyone know how to make one of those poffins, or how to make that guy give me more?

Now, what happens when you give a good poffin? It raises the condition more, right? More bang for your buck, I presume? I don't mess around with Poffins much, so I don't really know.

Yeah, I screwed up my only Feebas trying to get a Milotic. I didn't realize that's what the sheen was there for.

Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:59 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Volke wrote:
Yeah, I screwed up my only Feebas trying to get a Milotic.

Couldn't you just breed it with a Ditto to get another and try again?

Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:35 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Yeah, I could. I've been too lazy though, so I got a Milotic off of the gts.

Edit: Whoa, I just realized I hit Dragon Tamer status (not like it matters or anything).

Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:58 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Volke wrote:
Yeah, I could. I've been too lazy though, so I got a Milotic off of the gts.

I don't want to resort to that, but I might. I haven't tried to catch a Feebas yet, but the more I read it seems it'd be easier just to trade for a Milotic and breed it to get Feebas into my Pokedex.

Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:01 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

If you don't want to take the time getting another Feebas from breeding, there IS a way of shortening it; get a Pokémon with "Flame Body" or "Magma Armor" as an Ability (since it hatches in half the steps that way) and then ride your bicycle up and down the routes above and below Solaceon town, there's a straight path that goes all the way from the Café Cabin down to where that jogging guy is.

Newest: Kangaskhan

Last edited by Gothic Gardevoir on Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:19 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: Definately not dimension 12. No, you don't know about that one yet.
Yeah, if you switch to fourth gear bycicle and you go to the far right of the road in Solaceon, go up and down. From the very bottom of this path to the very top is exactly 123 steps, very useful for hatching and breeding. Once I catch this Igglybuff, I'm going to use it to get my Modest Misdreavus.

Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:06 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

If you want high level Poffins, mix them with other people. I mixed Poffins with my friend, my sister, and my sister's friend and we got Mild Poffins that were Level 52. However,thee were not dry, these were sweet. Even so, I fed just 4 to my {breloom} and it maxed out its cuteness. If you have access to other people to mix with, mix away!

The streched triangle
2 hearts
the face that looks like it's in pain
a diamond
a club
and a musical note

if you don't understand this, look at my avitar thingy.

Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]