It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Boy Rayquaza?!? 

If you ever encountered a weird gender Pokèmon, what region did that Pokèmon originate from?
Hoenn (I think thats how to spell it) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Sinnoh 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Kanto 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Jhoto (I think thats how to spell it) 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
The Magical World of Rainbow Unicorns!!! 63%  63%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 8

Boy Rayquaza?!? 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

OK I was playing my Pokèmon Pearl and i was using the Action Replay code "Wild Pokemon Modifier". I deleted the Master Balls to Rayquaza's Pokèdex Number (National) and entered the wild, holding L. When I encountered the Rayquaza, it said "A wild Raquaza appeared!" or something (NOTE I WAS USING THE "SHINY POKEMON" CODE). I was looking at its level and I saw it was a RAYQUAZA ?! Has this happened to anyone using an Action Replay before (Any legendary or only 1 gender Pokèmon) :?:

ISNT BUNNY AWESOME?!?! YAH I THINK SO TOO.

Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:08 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

This doesn't happen to me with Diamond when I also have AR and use shiny any pokemon modifier on Rayquaza.

Fewest legendaries got genders like Lati's, Cresselia, or Heatran, etc.

Somehow I think this topic going get closed because majority of the people here might not have AR and cheat that way but then it never hurts if someone else knows the answer to your mysterious Rayquaza problem.

Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:17 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

never had it only saw it once on GTS it was a female kyogre/groudon if i remember correctly

Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:40 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I think when you do something like that with an AR, it only changes wild Pokemon to be the other. So if you hadn't done that, and that battle would've been a male Starly or bidoof, for example, it just made it turn into a Rayquaza but didn't remove the gender.

That's just a guess, though.

Thu May 01, 2008 4:43 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Weird gender Pokemon? Well here's one from Kanto and Jhoto. Mr. Mime. The females aren't missed, they're mistered. :)

Fri May 02, 2008 10:06 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

^ -.-;

Maybe it's the use of an AR in Hoenn that causes certain legendaries to obtain genders.

It's odd though, as I have used AR in both LG and Diamond, and of all the legends I caught (in LG it was all the Hoenn/Johto legends except for the Weather Trio), none of them had genders when they weren't supposed to.

I once hacked for a male Heatran (no, two opposing-gender Heatran can't breed either, okay?), but Heatran comes with a gender anyway.

Fri May 02, 2008 10:17 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

In the Advance generation the popular shiny codes determined the gender and nature (not IVs though) of a Pokemon via your trainer ID and name. I've never tried to catch a shiny Pokemon with my DSAR, so I don't know how the code works, but it might be the same as the previous generation.

Sun May 04, 2008 12:08 am
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

I never used a shiny code on a GBA-AR (the one I had didn't have one), but the DS-AR works like this:

It's a 23-line code (I don't have it written down), and what is done is first you have to go to your Trainer Card (why you have to is unknown), then exit out, then hold down R+A, and let them go after that. That makes everything shiny after that. If you press L+A it turns off, and R+A turns it on again. And then you just catch shiny whatevers to your heart's content.

Sun May 04, 2008 6:00 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

O.K. thanks for all the posts (lol) and I have a different code for the shiny Pokèmon. I will edit it in when I get it from my AR. Unlike DNA's code it makes them always shiny no special codes to undo/unundo. When my digital camera starts up again (yes im stupid enough to play dodgeball with it HEY IT WAS FOR 20 $) il get a pic of my Male Rayquaza.

ISNT BUNNY AWESOME?!?! YAH I THINK SO TOO.

Mon May 05, 2008 5:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]