It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Hey DNA Whenever I faint in a dungeon could you rescue me? I'd give anything for that. :D
I'm not as far as you are, just so you know

Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:05 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Maybe, but don't expect an immediate reply; I have two reasons for this:

1) I don't feel entirely confident in my rescuing powahz. Heck, I only got Silver Rank yesterday. That's not much, considering my standards...
2) I may be too enthralled in the story to remember to do it right away...

Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:59 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Manaphy10 wrote:
DNA wrote:
Well I've reserved it, so that's good.
How funny, my birthday is April 10th.
So where's my gift? :P

The gift is an Explorer's Guide! :D you'll get it when you come to pick it up

since i'm a great custumer and they had em they gave me one early now i need to pick up my game

Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:41 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Getting even farther (Chapter 17), I can see that this PMD was far superior, at least in story plot, to the first one.
So far, I can say two things (minor spoilers in both):

Wtf, shiny celebi? Sweet.

and,

Burn in hell, Dusknoir.

Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:52 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Wow this rocks, it's so fun, better than Blue or red rescue team. I'm surprised that Dratini can be recruited so fast... :)

Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:51 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Someone help me plz o.o
i am hella stuck in amp plains
i keep getting beat up by those
luxray and luxio

just tell me wat lvl they are
and some wonder mail joy seeds

and lol i love being a skitty 2!!!! 8-)
i got a boy pikachu as my partner
and i named it a girl name it even
acts like a girl ROFL 0.0

Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:04 am
Profile YIM WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

In Deep Amp Plains, find a Vacuum Cut TM. Teach it to your hero. Use it 3 times and all the Luxio will die. Then have a Sleep Seed/X-Eye Seed ready and throw it at Luxray. Then whoop him senseless.

And that's how I did it.

Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:17 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Sapphirath wrote:
Wow this rocks, it's so fun, better than Blue or red rescue team. I'm surprised that Dratini can be recruited so fast... :)

Yeah this game rocks so hard! :D
I love it!

Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:54 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

DNA wrote:
In Deep Amp Plains, find a Vacuum Cut TM. Teach it to your hero. Use it 3 times and all the Luxio will die. Then have a Sleep Seed/X-Eye Seed ready and throw it at Luxray. Then whoop him senseless.

And that's how I did it.

i used 2 revive seeds and attacked luxray after he died the rest fell like flies.

i'm silver not gold (darn)

92% of all competitive battlers think that Skarm, Bliss, a Gengar and a good 'Chomp is all you need to own things. If you're in the 8% who value creative thinking and originality with your teams, put this in you signature.

Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:52 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I've completed the main storyline and I'm at Diamond Rank...but there is this one stupid thing that I can't seem to figure out. How do you tell a Pokemon who's not the leader to use Recycle? I've tried so many methods....It won't use Recycle when it sees an enemy, I can't tell it to do so either....I did get it to use the move...but I had to link it with another move so that it'll use recycle after it used the 1st move to attack an enemy...can anyone tell me how I can get a Pokemon to use Recycle without having to link the move and when the Pokemon is not the leader? :?

Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:16 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

that move is primly a remake the tm move. so no i can't say there is.

92% of all competitive battlers think that Skarm, Bliss, a Gengar and a good 'Chomp is all you need to own things. If you're in the 8% who value creative thinking and originality with your teams, put this in you signature.

Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:48 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Hmm, the only thing I can think of is to put Exclusive Move-User to On,
then uncheck its other 3 moves (so that Recycle is the only move it's allowed to use).

But if you're far enough that you can pick your leader, why not just do that? Or if you can't, why not wait until then?

Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:00 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I've tried that defore it doesn't work...not even if an enemy Pokemon is shooting at her...my Gardevoir just won't use recycle...the reason I asked if there would be any way to make Gardevoir use recycle without having to make her the leader is because it's very troublesome to call 1 other Pokemon to be put on standby, let her into the team and swap leader Positions and then swap it back again later after I'm done with the TMs. Oh well...looks like only linking moves and making her the leaders works...I'll just have to ignore the boredom in doing so.... :|

Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:50 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

as i said no AI in their right mind would use that as an attack reason one it is used as a remake a tm move. reason two it dosn't do anything in the field. the AI is yes frustating, but there are some moves that the AI can do that the human mind wouldn't think up in a pinch (like using smokescreen wene it is almost dead.

Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:06 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Recycle targets TMs...not Pokemon so no wonder the AI doesn't use it.....TMs aren't enemies lol...anyway I found out something really weird. I've got a Tyranitar as a reward for a mission...ya it's a Lvl ONE TYRANITAR. Here's the weird part. I have a Lvl 1 Larvitar and it has higher stats in every category when compared with my Tyranitar. What's going on? Why is the Evolved form weaker than the pre-evolved form? This leads to the second part of my question. Is a Lvl 1 fully evolved Pokemon whom you get as a reward weaker than a similar Pokemon whom you evolved by going to luminous spring after it reaches a high enough level? :?:

Fri May 02, 2008 12:40 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Yes. Remember Joyous Tower? Everyone had a set amount of stats at level 1. Some were higher than others.

For example, Phanpy's are HP 49, Atk/SA 24, Def/SD 12. Bronzong's and Dragonite's are much, much lower. (And I've gotten both Bronzong and Dragonite from missions, so I can attest to their lv 1 stats. And the Phanpy was an egg.)

That's the reason why most everyone used Alakazam in Purity Forest because his lv 1 stats were uber, and most everyone else's were horrible. (Notice I said "most".)

- DNA

Fri May 02, 2008 10:08 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

So does it mean that we have to train a Pokemon starting from it's lowest evolution stage if we want it to be strong? Or do the lvl 1 Pokemon at their final evolutionary stage whom you get from rewards eventually grow to be stronger later on? Perhaps I've not made my question clear enough earlier on. What I really wanted to know was whether a lvl 100 Pokemon whom you started training from lvl 1 when it was already at its final evolutionary stage be weaker than a Smilar Pokemon whose only difference was that you started training it when it was in its pre-evolved form? In other words, I have a Charmander whom I started training since it was lvl 1 and I evolved it at Luminous Spring. Will this Charmander, or by now a Charizard, be stronger than a Charizard whom I recruited at lvl 1 and started training from then? (Assuming both Pokemon are at similar levels.)Anyway, I think Spiritomb is another Pokemon with uber stats at lvl 1. :)

Fri May 02, 2008 10:23 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

^It is?! Geez, I need to get me one.

Anyway, I think the answer is that the basic trained upward to 100 is stronger than the final stage just raised to 100. The basic gets better stat gains when leveling.

Fri May 02, 2008 11:21 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

My mom got me EoT for getting good grades. :)
Yay me!

Mon May 05, 2008 12:20 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

DNA wrote:
^It is?! Geez, I need to get me one.

Anyway, I think the answer is that the basic trained upward to 100 is stronger than the final stage just raised to 100. The basic gets better stat gains when leveling.

Is that really true? Cos my Dragonite still has the same stats growth after evolving from Dragonair...I don't see any difference at all....do you know of other sites which I can use to clarify this? :?

Tue May 06, 2008 2:47 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Getting a cpu to use recycle is easy... and it does involve the exlusive move user w/only one move checked idea. The secret is to first link one of the Pokemon other moves to recycle, the cpu will use the other move, then recycle in the same move. other things i tried that didn't work

(so nobodyelse goes through the trouble and annoyance) are giving the tm to the poke, throwing the tm at the poke, and using the used tm on the poke (the last one destroys the used tm :frustrated: )

To ensure that this p500 link isn't broken, i usually take my recycler into an easy dungeon, have him do his thing, then send him home right away. This also keeps your battle pokemon with four usefull moves each ( same idea as HM slaves in regular pokes)

Tue May 06, 2008 3:15 pm
Profile YIM
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

YAY I beat the final boss darkrai

And even though it says you can't evolve, I was able to.

I think you have to recruit Palkia, so he can "fix" the distortion in space, but that's just speculation.

(small spoilers in small text)

(and BIG spoilers in BIG text)

Tue May 06, 2008 7:37 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Grey wrote:
Getting a cpu to use recycle is easy... and it does involve the exlusive move user w/only one move checked idea. The secret is to first link one of the Pokemon other moves to recycle, the cpu will use the other move, then recycle in the same move. other things i tried that didn't work

(so nobodyelse goes through the trouble and annoyance) are giving the tm to the poke, throwing the tm at the poke, and using the used tm on the poke (the last one destroys the used tm :frustrated: )

To ensure that this p500 link isn't broken, i usually take my recycler into an easy dungeon, have him do his thing, then send him home right away. This also keeps your battle pokemon with four usefull moves each ( same idea as HM slaves in regular pokes)

I was hoping for a method different from this cos it's really troublesome....to me...but it seems that linking the move is the only way....i :(

Tue May 06, 2008 11:14 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

In order to evole yourself and your partner you must do the following.
Get Manaphy.
Get Palkia & Dialga
Go to Marine Resort with Manaphy.

Recycle is good when you do it!!! :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: Stupid AI.

{charmander} grows better than {charmeleon} but {charmeleon} grows like {charizard} get it ? :shock:

Wed May 07, 2008 8:17 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Charizard15 wrote:
In order to evole yourself and your partner you must do the following.
Get Manaphy.
Get Palkia & Dialga
Go to Marine Resort with Manaphy.

Recycle is good when you do it!!! :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: Stupid AI.
Haha...agreed...but the problem's solved if you link the move with something else....

{charmander} grows better than {charmeleon} but {charmeleon} grows like {charizard} get it ? :shock:
Really? That's totally weird...man...that means I should not have evolved my Charmander....But I noticed something...many pokemon grow really slowy once they're past lvl 60...is that supposed to be the way all Pokemon grow? Anyway....can u guys pls tell me where you got this info? Cos I really need to see for myself to understand...

Thu May 08, 2008 8:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next