It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:49 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Slaking's Characteristic 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Everyone knows slaking has a mamoth attacks stat but is kept from being cheap because of his negatice characteristic - Truant (cannot attack consecutively)

so when i was deciding on a moveset for my slaking i came acoss the interesting option of hyper beam. in normal circumstances hyper beam sucks, but because slaking can only attack every 2 turns does that omit the recharge turn for hyper beam (since he can't do anything anyway after the turn he uses hyper beam)

also the move rest, when you use rest if heals a pokemon fully and removes any status effects but the user ends up sleeping for two turns
does this mean that if slaking were to use rest the following turn it wouldn't matter thats he's sleeping because he can't attack anyway but next turn when he can attack he will wake up

or am i completely wrong with everything i've said involving both moves
i'm not sure so i need some clarification
thank you

Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:39 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

No Wai. Nobody's EVER figured that out before. That's why Hyper Beam totally isn't in Slaking's suggested moveset in the Psydex.
Sarcasticness aside though, I don't think Rest is a good move for Slaking, because you sleep for TWO turns; IE you use rest, then sleep through your truant turn, then sleep through your next turn, then wake back up for your next truant turn. Unlike Hyper Beam, it doesn't match the rhythm of Truant, and so doesn't fit very well.

Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:05 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Sometimes Return is preferred over Hyper Beam, as it allows you to switch on the Truant turn. Choice Banders have to switch often anyway, and Slaking is decent @ CB with its massive atk (not like you'd use a turn for a boost move when you have to Truant the next and let them set up a counter)

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:00 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Sarcasticness aside though, I don't think Rest is a good move for Slaking, because you sleep for TWO turns; IE you use rest, then sleep through your truant turn, then sleep through your next turn, then wake back up for your next truant turn. Unlike Hyper Beam, it doesn't match the rhythm of Truant, and so doesn't fit very well.

Are you sure? Because you use Rest during the attack turn (sleep turn one) and the Truant turn, (sleep turn two) than you wake up at the attack turn.

The Jonatron wrote:
Xatu Unlickely this guy wont get powered.

Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:12 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

JsXtm wrote:

Are you sure? Because you use Rest during the attack turn (sleep turn one) and the Truant turn, (sleep turn two) than you wake up at the attack turn.

Nope, we just tried it in the game; you go to sleep, sleep two turns, and then wake up and are loafing around.

Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:36 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

JsXtm wrote:

You Rest the attack turn, sleep #1 on the Truant turn, sleep #2 on the attack turn, and wake up on the Truant turn.

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:17 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I think this question has been sufficiently answered. *Locked* Please PM me or another mod if you need this reopened for some reason.

Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:33 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 7 posts ]