It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:26 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Bidoof rules! 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Sure, Bidoof isn't not the most powerful pokemon in existance. Sure, it's common. But that doesn't mean it's not good in battle! And when it evolves into a Bibarrel... Woo-hoo! Am I right? I said, Am I right?

Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:41 pm
Illiterate
Illiterate

It's defensive skill is the only thing even slightly "uber"... Plus it has crappy moves. Super fang may be the only move that fits it... 'Oh owwowoow!!! He's Normal/Water!!!' Get over it... In my opinion, he is only good for catching a Dialga or something.

Oh oops, I'll change it.

Diamond friend code: CAMEL 0473 6261 7388
When you want to trade or something, pm me. =]

Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:46 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

not that good... That's why there's the Anti-Bidoof Club ...

Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:55 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Doore1337 wrote:
Sure, Bidoof isn't not the most powerful pokemon in existance. Sure, it's common. But that doesn't mean it's not good in battle! And when it evolves into a Bibarrel... Woo-hoo! Am I right? I said, Am I right?

No, you are not right.

^^^spongedude made this. He is AWESOME!!

Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:15 pm
it in all honesty cna be used in compeditive battle , its not very good but i dont see why people hate it

Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:46 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

I really don't understand the huge amount of crap Bidoof and Bibarel get thrown at them; it smacks of bandwagon jumping and "Gee, won't I look cool if I hate these Pokemon that nobody else likes?!" and nothing else. Kind of like a reverse case of "Everybody likes Mudkip, so I'm going to like it and say 'So I herd u liek Mudkipz :B LOLOLOL' too!!"

I mean, sure, I don't especially like the family either, but what is it about Bidoof and Bibarel in particular that pisses everybody off? It can't be because they're extremely common, since Pokemon like Rattata, Zigzagoon, Tentacool and Zubat don't receive as much hatred. And it can't be because they're ugly, otherwise Spiritomb would be the most hated Pokemon ever invented. And while they're not exactly great in battle, they're not really the worst, either. There are many Pokemon that I hate more than Bidoof and Bibarel, including, but not limited to, Togepi, Magnezone, Milotic, etc.

In other words, the hatred of the two is actually getting rather annoying.

Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:47 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

look everyone in this place must hate bidoof and it's evo well i like it

i'm proud to be a fan of!!! {bidoof} and {bibarel}

http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20710 <---come to my shop for TC's (i'm now hiring!!)

Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:37 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: Please do not email me since I never check my email! Pm me instead please! You have been warned....
I really don't understand the huge amount of crap Bidoof and Bibarel get thrown at them; it smacks of bandwagon jumping and "Gee, won't I look cool if I hate these Pokemon that nobody else likes?!" and nothing else. Kind of like a reverse case of "Everybody likes Mudkip, so I'm going to like it and say 'So I herd u liek Mudkipz :B LOLOLOL' too!!"

I mean, sure, I don't especially like the family either, but what is it about Bidoof and Bibarel in particular that pisses everybody off? It can't be because they're extremely common, since Pokemon like Rattata, Zigzagoon, Tentacool and Zubat don't receive as much hatred. And it can't be because they're ugly, otherwise Spiritomb would be the most hated Pokemon ever invented. And while they're not exactly great in battle, they're not really the worst, either. There are many Pokemon that I hate more than Bidoof and Bibarel, including, but not limited to, Togepi, Magnezone, Milotic, etc.

Well, since I am the leader of the IHBC, then any hate in this thread must be directed towards me. :lol:

And why we hate Bidoof? Well, first and foremost, it was random. My co-leader just mentioned he hated Bidoof in a post, and me and him started joking about it, and that's how the IHBC came to be. But if you want actual reasons:

- It's very ugly (I actually think Spiritomb is okay-looking, definitely not ugly)

- It is common, as you said (many of our members only hate Bidoof because it broke their shiny chains). Many of the Pokemon you mentioned are as common as Bidoof, but not as useless. Zubat, for example, has one of the fastest Pokemon in the game as its second evolution. Rattata is equal to Bidoof stat-wise, but its FEAR moveset justifies it. Zigzagoon and Sentret are probably the only Pokemon that I can't come up with a good defense for, but we picked Bidoof because of the very first reason (not in the list).

- It's NOT useful in any way during battle. Bibarel's highest stat is 85!! And with base 60 in both defenses and a mere 79 HP, I don't think it's going to survive very long.

Good enough?

Oh, and btw, thanks, Dark Typhlosion and Youkou no Mugon! :)

Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:36 pm
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

It can't be because they're extremely common, since Pokemon like Rattata, Zigzagoon, Tentacool and Zubat don't receive as much hatred.

I find constantly finding Bibarel while looking for the Safari Zone daily special to by incredibly frustrating. If not for the huge amount of weaknesses you can exploit out of it (Thunderbolt = dead), or the horrible stats, then that is the prime reason why I hate Bibarel...because constantly hearing THAT cry while looking for Yanma/Skorupi/Exeggcute drives me nuts.
Even worse, the daily specials from 1st/2nd/3rd gen usually run first turn.
Then I did Pal Park and my frustration disappeared.
And I never went to the Safari Zone again, the end. (Staravia deserves more hatred than Bibarel imo, as it's the Trophy Garden equivalent, not to mention it's everywhere...)

- DNA

Last edited by DNA on Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:34 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

People will always look for something weak to hate on. That's just the sad truth.

In other news: http://youtube.com/watch?v=K0D1jMGI_gk

There. Now, can we stop with the meaningless hate, please? :3
Ignore the retarded intro on the video >_>

Persistence ends resistence.

3DS FC: 5069-4148-2325 (please PM to exchange)
Poison Friend Safari: Seviper, Ariados, and Whirlipede.

Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:13 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

I've really had it with this "Bidoof hate club" ****. I don't like Bidoof/Bibarel either, but for christ sake, grow up.

Frost pretty much took my thoughts and posted them, so it'd be useless for me to rant about Bidoof/Mudkip getting on my nerves as of lately.

Quote:
- It's very ugly (I actually think Spiritomb is okay-looking, definitely not ugly)

- It is common, as you said (many of our members only hate Bidoof because it broke their shiny chains). Many of the Pokemon you mentioned are as common as Bidoof, but not as useless. Zubat, for example, has one of the fastest Pokemon in the game as its second evolution. Rattata is equal to Bidoof stat-wise, but its FEAR moveset justifies it. Zigzagoon and Sentret are probably the only Pokemon that I can't come up with a good defense for, but we picked Bidoof because of the very first reason (not in the list).

- It's NOT useful in any way during battle.

Hi Skitty. and Delcatty.

Last edited by Krisp on Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:57 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

It's not that he's ugly, it's that he's so freakin goofy looking. I actually look forward to the main normal type of each game, seeing as i'm a bit of a fan of Ziggy and the rat, but bidoofus? come on... BTW, i'm not a band wagoneer, i hated bidoof before i found psypokes, and my main trade circle likes it, ( I even have a Bibarel picture at the TV studio :evil: )

Anyways, where is this club, sign me up.

Also, How to stand up for Zigzagoon? Pickup... it saved me from ever being short on cash in ruby (kept finding gold, all game long. had more nuggets than i knew what to do with)

If Bidoof knew baton pass, you might be able to defend it with simple + (Defense curl, amnesia, double team, baton pass) but he can't

And only one HP ev for killing them... they even reduce the small pleasure theyu give me in killing them... :twisted:

Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:30 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I don't have a large hatred for it as other people seem to, but I don't really like it. Bibarel is alright with me, don't hate, because it's a beaver so I'm not surprized on how the design came out. The thing that bothers me about Bidoof though is, what is it? In the pokedex it says it's a mouse, but it sure as heck doesn't look like one, and it looks so much like a beaver but it doesn't have the beaver tail. Bidoof just confuses me.

Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:49 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Oh, there's one more thing about some anti-Bidoof fans that I forgot to mention... I hate, hate, hate that they think they're being cool, funny, original and whatever else by calling it "Bidoofus." It's pretty damn obvious that the "doof" part of its name comes from the word "doofus," so I have no idea what certain people are trying to achieve by giving it that nickname. Because it is definitely not funny nor original.

I don't understand the hatred because they're "ugly" or "goofy." There are least thirty or forty uglier Pokemon than Bidoof and Bibarel and a lot of other "goofy" ones. There's also many Pokemon who are far worse than Bibarel in battle. Bibarel isn't exactly a superstar, but it's certainly not on par with Ditto, Shuckle or Farfetch'd. Yes, it's rather annoying because it's so frigging common in Sinnoh, but it still isn't absolutely WHORED like Zigzagoon was in Hoenn.

So, I don't get it. No other Pokemon seems to get hated as much these two beavers when there are lot of Pokemon who share similar characteristics with them. And I hope you realize how irrational you guys are being, going as far to create a "I Hate Bidoof" club, that you're making ME defend BIDOOF AND BIBAREL. Because I really don't like the line either.

Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:33 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

OK... bidoofus is pretty stupid :oops: , but it begs to be said... it just rools off the tounge
(plus i hadn't seen it before, so I didn't realize it'd been over used) I screw with alot of Poke names (ziggy and the rat, rayqs, Skizor)

Plus, the fact that they derived part of the name from doofus should say something.

On a sadder note, I don't understand the hatred either, though I feel it so deep down inside.

I'm not argueing if it's good or bad, I just don't like it, thats all... I just wish I could commit pokegenocide on them all. that's all...

Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:36 am
Profile YIM
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I can't believe you nasty IHBC people! I'm mortally offended by your treatment of the poor Bidoofs. That's my 493rd favourite pokemon you're talking about!

Shame on you!

Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:56 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Shut up, stop being so immature and don't use it if you don't want to; the chances are, we don't give a care about your silly little opinion anyways.

:D

Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:56 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

The only Pokemon that I have time to "hate" (and even then, the word is far too strong) are the things that everyone jumps on as "cool". I mean, Milotic? I seriously can't stand that thing. And don't even get me started on Tyranitar/Garchomp etc.

Without Pokemon like Bidoof (and Rattata, Sentret, Zigzagoon etc) you wouldn't have much of a game to play at all. I mean, there's a reason why some Pokemon are more common than others, especially in the early stages of the game. Hating them for looks is pretty stupid, too. I mean, hello? Voltorb? If (and I can't stress the word 'if' enough) Pokemon were real, I'd much rather have a bundle of dorky joy to mess around with than a big pointy dragon or stupid ball with eyes that rolls around the place :S

Oh, and RedCabbage??
Quote:
I can't believe you nasty IHBC people! I'm mortally offended by your treatment of the poor Bidoofs. That's my 493rd favourite pokemon you're talking about!

Shame on you!
LMAO!

Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:12 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

(many of our members only hate Bidoof because it broke their shiny chains)

Haha, for me that's a reason to LIKE Bidoof. Shinies should be encountered randomly. Chaining them is like cheating...yea it takes effort, but it's still a way of cheating the game.

The thought of Bidoof popping into a shiny chain seems hilarious to me...no hard feelings. 8-)

Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:53 am
Profile ICQ
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

^That's just mean-spirited. Don't knock something just because it doesn't happen to be on your list of interests. If it were cheating, it wouldn't have been programmed into the games.

Persistence ends resistence.

3DS FC: 5069-4148-2325 (please PM to exchange)
Poison Friend Safari: Seviper, Ariados, and Whirlipede.

Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:07 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I do have to say that you have a point with garchomp. the idea is awesome, but the implementation is horri... it looks like a poorly done starscream that got swollowed by a shark... and who really wants another dragon with a double weakness against ice?

I'll stop flamming now, and I appologise, but isn't this topic kinda backward trolling in a way? find something you know people don't like and say you like it, anyways, over and out, y'all have fun.

Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:54 am
Profile YIM
Fails at life
Fails at life

you people make me sick. bidoof is awesome. whats so bad about him? he sure as hell isn't ugly. the only bad thing i can think of is breaking chains, yet, starly do it just as much.

why not make an "i hate starly club!"

Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:04 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

you people make me sick.

You want to calm down, else you'll get a hernia ;p

Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:10 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I think the reason that there is Ani Bidoof forums around the web. To name a few.. The I Hate Bidoof Club, The Anti-Bidoof Club.

Many of these forums are made not only because of Bidoof battling abilities but, it is usually a poke radar chain breaker. People get very frustarted at this concept. Poke radar is mainly used to hunt for shinies.

This is one of the main reasons that people hate Bidoof and Bibarel because it usually is a common chain breaker.

<Derek> is anyone here ??
<AngrySparrow> No
<Derek> im gonna leave because no one is here
*** Derek has quit (Exit: Psypoke Forever!)

Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:41 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I don't really agree with the pro-bidoof faction, but I thank the Almighty that people like them exist. The world would be a much worse place without them.

And I'll join in the resistance against Keltic's heretical "I Hate Starly Club" should it gain a following. :)

Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:43 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next