It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 1875 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 75  Next
 Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Q&A [ALL QUESTIONS HERE] 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'm planning to sell all of my games from before Diamond and Perl versions (anything other than the DS games) and I just wanted to double check-

The only things you need the advance games for is for 1. Pal Park or 2. Insertion. Right? You don't need them for swarms or poke-radar, right? I REALLY don't want to sell these games and then find out that I needed one of them because the radar or swarms needed the dual slot system.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:07 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Certain Pokemon appear on certain routes depending on what game you have inserted. I can only think of Magby and Elekid presently, but I know there's more. I'm sure it's somewhere in the Psydex.

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:38 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

My nieces deleted the move Crunch from my Tyranitar. Is there a way to get it back or have it learn it again?

Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:08 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

McMandaFoo wrote:
My nieces deleted the move Crunch from my Tyranitar. Is there a way to get it back or have it learn it again?

Tyranitar learns the move through level-up. You can use the Move Relearner to relearn the move. (Cost: 1 Heart Scale)

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:21 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Dan Roswald wrote:
I'm planning to sell all of my games from before Diamond and Perl versions (anything other than the DS games) and I just wanted to double check-

The only things you need the advance games for is for 1. Pal Park or 2. Insertion. Right? You don't need them for swarms or poke-radar, right? I REALLY don't want to sell these games and then find out that I needed one of them because the radar or swarms needed the dual slot system.

If you haven't already sold your games then I must tell you that some pokemon in DPPt are only available via those games as Insertion pokemon meaning you need the GBA pokemon games inserted in your DS while playing the DS pokemon games to encounter them in the DS games at all...some examples are {vulpix} leafgreen {growlithe} firered {seviper} sapphire {zangoose} ruby & {shuckle} emerald & also the move Volt Tackle can only be gotten from Emerald so...if you have all of them in your DS games then sell away but if not... :| yeah...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:39 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Lawence Codye wrote:
Dan Roswald wrote:

If you haven't already sold your games then I must tell you that some pokemon in DPPt are only available via those games as Insertion pokemon meaning you need the GBA pokemon games inserted in your DS while playing the DS pokemon games to encounter them in the DS games at all...some examples are {vulpix} leafgreen {growlithe} firered {seviper} sapphire {zangoose} ruby & {shuckle} emerald & also the move Volt Tackle can only be gotten from Emerald so...if you have all of them in your DS games then sell away but if not... :| yeah...

Cool, thanks. No I haven't yet. Does the site list ALL of the pokemon you need to get from those games (weather it be insertion or pal park) so I can run through the list and check them off? If they were all in one spot, that'd be great, if not, I'll gust wait and bake sure I got a relative of each.

Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:29 pm
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Dan Roswald wrote:
Cool, thanks. No I haven't yet. Does the site list ALL of the pokemon you need to get from those games (weather it be insertion or pal park) so I can run through the list and check them off? If they were all in one spot, that'd be great, if not, I'll gust wait and bake sure I got a relative of each.

Yes Psypokes does have a list of ALL the pokemon that require GBA cart insertion to catch...they can be found in the "Capture Method Guide" in the "Daimond Pearl Platinum" section of the site in the nav bar...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:05 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I realize this may be a stupid question, but if you use Thief and your opponent has an item will it take the item on the first shot?

Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:59 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Dan Roswald wrote:
I realize this may be a stupid question, but if you use Thief and your opponent has an item will it take the item on the first shot?

I don't believe Thief can fail. However, depending on the type of battle the stolen item may or may not be retained after the battle ends.

Shinies

Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:07 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Sion9 wrote:
Dan Roswald wrote:

I don't believe Thief can fail. However, depending on the type of battle the stolen item may or may not be retained after the battle ends.

I'm just fighting wild Pokemon, I need kings rocks and a dragon scale.

Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:38 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

hello everyone
so how do i get a honchkrow/murkrow to learn skyattack?
i breed a noctowl that knows skyattack and a murkrow, and i got two hoothoots in a row >.>

Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:28 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Is the Noctowl female? That's the only way you could get a Hoothoot. You would need a female Murkrow/Honchkrow with a Male Noctowl that knows Sky Attack, in order to get a Murkrow that knows Sky Attack.

Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:09 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

ok i see
dam now i have to trade for a female murkrow lol xD
but thank you so much =D
oh but one more question. when i breed my murkrow and noctowl, i got a hoothoot but he doesnt know skyattack. would i have to go to the relearner?

Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:26 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

That's because your Noctowl is female, and the baby only inherits the Male's Egg move. No, you wouldn't be able to go to the Move Tutor to learn the move. You would need a Male Noctowl that knows Sky Attack in the Day Care with Female Noctowl. For more details, please click on the site Breeding Section Link below.

http://www.psypokes.com/lab/breeding.php

Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:05 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I was wondering does Clefables magic guard ability cancle out the hp loss of belly drum? on various sites ive seen it mention that life orb, toxic hail and stealth rock's damage is negated but never seen a mention of belly drum, i know there are a few expetions to this, fire spin and burns being the main 2

Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:25 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I can't seem to find an FAQ-ish type page for Platinum that explains this and the search is useless for the info I want so I hope this hasn't been asked.

Q: How do I 'unlearn' an HM attack? or How do I Forget an HM to learn a new level-up move?

Explanation: I gave my Turtwig "Rock Smash" from HM6 as it was better than tackle or whatever he had before. Now I have the great move "Razor Leaf" and don't need "RS".
- As I was leveling up he tried to learn "Curse" and I want to learn this and give up "RS" as I can't bear to give up my current moves "Withdraw" / "Absorb" / "Razor Leaf" so I just turned off my Gameboy and started leveling other poke'mon.
- I know Curse on a non-ghost type will lower his speed and raise his att / def making keeping "Withdraw" redundant but I like to have option that don't lower stats in favor of others.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:36 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

RubicantX wrote:
I can't seem to find an FAQ-ish type page for Platinum that explains this and the search is useless for the info I want so I hope this hasn't been asked.

Q: How do I 'unlearn' an HM attack? or How do I Forget an HM to learn a new level-up move?

Explanation: I gave my Turtwig "Rock Smash" from HM6 as it was better than tackle or whatever he had before. Now I have the great move "Razor Leaf" and don't need "RS".
- As I was leveling up he tried to learn "Curse" and I want to learn this and give up "RS" as I can't bear to give up my current moves "Withdraw" / "Absorb" / "Razor Leaf" so I just turned off my Gameboy and started leveling other pokemon.
- I know Curse on a non-ghost type will lower his speed and raise his att / def making keeping "Withdraw" redundant but I like to have option that don't lower stats in favor of others.

To forget an HM move you have to go to the Move Deleter. He is in the house under the Pokemart or Pokemon Center in Canalave city.

Also, I have a question.

Can anybody explain to me in the simplest of terms how to get a certain type hidden power? I tried reading on Bulbapedia, but it involves EV's and IV's, which I also don't understand.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:54 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ryanh181 wrote:
Also, I have a question.

Can anybody explain to me in the simplest of terms how to get a certain type hidden power? I tried reading on Bulbapedia, but it involves EV's and IV's, which I also don't understand.

Hidden Power type and base power is based on IVs, which are random. So basically, trying to get a certain type hidden power is a matter of chance. You can try to influence the IVs through breeding, but getting a certain Hidden Power requires an exact combination of IVs not just generally high IVs.

You can determine your pokemon's IVs, and therefore Hidden Power, if you know its EVs, using a stat calculator.

Shinies

Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:12 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Can you do a soft reset on the swarms? nevermind...

Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:26 pm
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Okay...now I have a good idea of what HPs are needed for but besides the fact that 0 HPs means fainted pokemon, etc. I need to know...how exactly is having more HPs better for a pokemon besides making them worth more exp when defeated in the wild cause I'm pretty sure damage is inflicted from an equation that makes having more HPs irrelivent, no? In short, what is the point of HP EV training on pokemon with low defense & special defense stats? (I really wish HP were explained like ATK & DEF is explained...)

Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:01 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Lawence Codye wrote:
I'm pretty sure damage is inflicted from an equation that makes having more HPs irrelivent, no?

Damage is calculated as a integer value, not a percentage. Having more HP increases the amount of damage you can take.

Lawence Codye wrote:
In short, what is the point of HP EV training on pokemon with low defense & special defense stats?

It is true that you may be able to get more defensive benefit by raising defense EVs as opposed to HP EVs on some pokemon. On the other hand, pokemon like Dusknoir and Shuckle need HP EVs more than Def because of their relatively low HP. For more detailed information on the calculations, look here.

Shinies

Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:46 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

hey any one give me a cod efor munchlax

Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:13 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Sion9 wrote:
Lawence Codye wrote:
I'm pretty sure damage is inflicted from an equation that makes having more HPs irrelivent, no?

Damage is calculated as a integer value, not a percentage. Having more HP increases the amount of damage you can take.

Lawence Codye wrote:
In short, what is the point of HP EV training on pokemon with low defense & special defense stats?

It is true that you may be able to get more defensive benefit by raising defense EVs as opposed to HP EVs on some pokemon. On the other hand, pokemon like Dusknoir and Shuckle need HP EVs more than Def because of their relatively low HP. For more detailed information on the calculations, look here.

Aww...thanks "Sion9" very much, now I understand HPs the way I'm suppose to...though I knew having more HPs increased the amount of damage the pokemon takes from attack...just not everything else...as for this...

koolrokz wrote:
hey any one give me a cod efor munchlax

It would be better for you just to breed it from a {snorlax} with the "Full Incense" item seeing as it is it's parent or just do it the patient way...in the wild & "code" means you have a device capable of getting Snorlax so...

Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:17 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Lawence Codye wrote:
though I knew having more HPs increased the amount of damage the pokemon takes from attack

Not true.

Shinies

Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:39 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Sion9 wrote:
Lawence Codye wrote:
though I knew having more HPs increased the amount of damage the pokemon takes from attack
Not true.

Ohh...I miss stated that last statement...but I do get it now...again, thanks...

Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1875 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 75  Next