It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1875 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 75  Next
 Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Q&A [ALL QUESTIONS HERE] 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I got a question concerning about the use of Big Root if a pokemon holding it.

I know Big Root helps gain more HP if it a draining moves like Absorb, Mega Drain, Giga Drain, and Drain Punch but does Big Root has any effect if
Leech Seed was used?

what I mean is that I know Leech Seed steals 1/8 HP from the opponent to the user but will the user gain slightly bit more than 1/8 from Leech Seed while the opponent do take 1/8 health loss?

sorry if I made my question seems confusing.

Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:17 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

So how much does it heal?

And what if your Pokemon is burned? I'm thinking of teaching my Milotic Aqua Ring, and giving it a Flame Orb to auto-inflict burn, and thus Marvel Scale. So will Aqua Ring heal back the damage done by being burned?

I don't kown how much it heals (not that much), but it does heal if your pokes HP is not full. So technically speaking it could work.

Quote:
I got a question concerning about the use of Big Root if a pokemon holding it.

I know Big Root helps gain more HP if it a draining moves like Absorb, Mega Drain, Giga Drain, and Drain Punch but does Big Root has any effect if Leech Seed was used?

what I mean is that I know Leech Seed steals 1/8 HP from the opponent to the user but will the user gain slightly bit more than 1/8 from Leech Seed while the opponent do take 1/8 health loss?

sorry if I made my question seems confusing.

Big root amplifies all moves that absorb, so yes that includes Leech Seed. It absorbs more out of the opponent, so it gives the user a little more than what you would get without Big Root.

Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:05 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

How exactly does Shadow Tag work? I'm trying to catch Mespirit and Cresselia, but as soon as I switch out my Wobbuffet for my Dusclops to start to weaken it, it still flees! Shouldn't it still be trapped by Shadow Tag?

Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:08 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Shadow Tag, like Mean Look, only lasts when the Poke that has that ability/move is still in the battle. Once its switched out the effect ends.

Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:21 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Is that so? Serebii notes that the trapping effect lasts even when Wobbuffet is switched out: http://www.lolstop/pokedex-dp/202.shtml

Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:28 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Is that so? Serebii notes that the trapping effect lasts even when Wobbuffet is switched out: http://www.lolstop/pokedex-dp/202.shtml

That's odd...when Wobbuffet dies, or is switched, the effect of its ability should end. Serebii might have it wrong...

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:19 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I need this figured out so that can I choose what to give to my Porygon-Z: Does a pair of Wise glasses work as well as a Life Orb? If not, how much does it increase the power of moves by? :?

Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:54 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Hey I've been away from the games for a while now, just got back into it. Kinda a nooby question but i can't remember what i did wrong. I'm trying to breed my male riolu with my modest ditto and hoping to get a female modest riolu, but the guy says they prefer to play with other pokemon than each other. why won't they breed?

Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:51 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I need this figured out so that can I choose what to give to my Porygon-Z: Does a pair of Wise glasses work as well as a Life Orb? If not, how much does it increase the power of moves by? :?

i believe wise glasses only increase [special] attacks by 10%. obviously, that would be less compared to a 30% increase of all attacks from life orb.

Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:23 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Hey I've been away from the games for a while now, just got back into it. Kinda a nooby question but i can't remember what i did wrong. I'm trying to breed my male riolu with my modest ditto and hoping to get a female modest riolu, but the guy says they prefer to play with other pokemon than each other. why won't they breed?

like most pre-evolutions, riolu cant breed. you're going to have to evolve it first, then you can start breeding.

Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:40 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:09 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Hi, (Is new here.)

I have a question about Farfetch'd's stick, it there a known % by which it'll raise critical hits? and is it better than razor claw?

Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:07 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

If you use the Stick which is a speciality item for Farfetch'd, would generally raise the % of critical hits than Razor Claw, but how much I do not know.

Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:55 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

If you use the Stick which is a speciality item for Farfetch'd, would generally raise the % of critical hits than Razor Claw, but how much I do not know.

That's what I think too, either way I gotta wait for another swarm to get the stick. (Got farfetch'd from wifi and breeded)

Another question ^^

Is Sky Uppercut affected by the ability Iron fist? (Hitmonchan)

Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:44 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I have an unusual question and I'm hoping someone out there can prove my sanity. This morning, though I don't have the pokeradar (or the nationaldex) I was approaching my berries by the Fuego Ironworks from the honeytree and my third berry from the left shined! I was very confused. I walked up to it and it just said that it needed water (which would be normal).

The shine looked similar to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqxvWhbwQqw

but it was white and I believe had a few more sparkles.

I've never traded with anyone and my game is unmodified (no AR). Has anyone ever heard of something like this?

Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:33 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Is Sky Uppercut affected by the ability Iron fist? (Hitmonchan)

The main site is there for a reason :)

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:18 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I managed to answer my own question. I was witnessing a berry in the process of changing. This is what I saw:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSy_nYP8 ... re=related

Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:21 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Just another technical question...does Sunny Day/Rain Dance weaken the power of Water/Fire type Hidden Power attacks? :?:

Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:53 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Yes, but depends. look below for my examples.

Sunny Day + Hidden Power (Fire) = more power for Hidden Power / best suited for Chlorophyll Grass types with Solarbeam (opinion)

Sunny Day + Hidden Power (Water) = less power for Hidden Power

Rain Dance + Hidden Power (Fire) = less power for Hidden Power

Rain Dance + Hidden Power (Water) = more power for Hidden Power / best suited for Electric types with Thunder (opinion)

Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:17 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Im not sure wether someone aldready asked this but.....
you know how it says that fly is a 2 turn move that can be dodged unless gust, thunder, skyuppercut are used?
but what if you use shock wave or aireal ace or even aura sphere ? do they still sorta work or does it say that they miss or the pokemon avoided the attack?

thanks..

Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:33 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

all of those moves should not hit when you're flying.

Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:08 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I'm not sure if someone else mention this but does Omnious / Silver Wind deletes the traps moves like Stealth Rock, Spikes, and Toxic Spikes?

I seen Flint's Drifblim used Omnious Wind when I scatter only SR and Spikes and it has that percent chance of blowing it all away completely. a while ago I use these trap moves again and Drifblim used Omnious Wind again but it didn't blew away the traps that time.

currently I can't perform this test (observing it) since its difficult to get the foes to use the right moves without getting fainted (or getting my lazy brother to help -_-"). I wonder what is the chance that those moves can activate to blow it away?

Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:03 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Uhhhm, Just a quick question, do you need to beat the elite 4 before you are eligible to get the national dex and access palpark? Or can you get the national dex and access the palpark as soon as you've seen the 150 pokemon?

Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:47 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

VictorZ wrote:
Uhhhm, Just a quick question, do you need to beat the elite 4 before you are eligible to get the national dex and access palpark? Or can you get the national dex and access the palpark as soon as you've seen the 150 pokemon?

I don't think you need to beat the Elite 4 to see all the Pokémon (you only need to see them...) but after beating them, you most likely would've seen every Pokémon in Sinnoh Dex. But I think you have to beat the Elite 4 to get the National Dex in the first place, show the Sinnoh Dex with all Pokémon except Manaphy seen and access Pal Park (and are able to use it). You can access Pal Park before getting National Dex, but to no point as you can't use it.

3DS FC: Snail 4527-8592-7979

Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:55 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

How do I teach Leaf Blade to my Gallade? Psypokes says that it learns it at lvl. 1, but when I get an egg it hatches into a Ralts and it doesn't have Leaf Blade. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1875 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 75  Next