It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 1875 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75
 Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Q&A [ALL QUESTIONS HERE] 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Do you mean the Hallowed Tower, the Lost Tower, or the Stone Tower? That blackbelt to go to route 209 (now that I have an Odd Keystone), go underground, "listen to the Stone Tower", then talk to 32 people before going back up to find a Spiritomb. I'm unsure where the stone tower is.

Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:04 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Spair wrote:
Do you mean the Hallowed Tower, the Lost Tower, or the Stone Tower? That blackbelt to go to route 209 (now that I have an Odd Keystone), go underground, "listen to the Stone Tower", then talk to 32 people before going back up to find a Spiritomb. I'm unsure where the stone tower is.

The same tower you put an Odd Keystone in it.

Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:12 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

I was talking about the Hallowed Tower, which is where you place the Odd Keystone and find Spiritomb. The "stone pillar" that the Blackbelt is referring to is the Hallowed Tower.

Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:20 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

delete old post? how? really want to delete

Last edited by YaelleG on Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:58 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Well, I can't seem to set anything up selecting Hallowed 108 times with the A button or waiting for a couple minutes for a sound. I really don't know how to insert/place an Odd Keystone, so would you tell me what buttons I need to press, or what other requirements may be there?

Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:04 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

You said in earlier post that you get this message when you "talk" to the Hallowed Tower: "It's the Hallowed Tower. It appears to have been built many years ago."

This means that you've already inserted the Odd Keystone. You can get more than one if you're wondering why you might still have one in your bag.

Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:58 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

If this requires an internet connection, I would likely have to go somewhere where "The access point's security settings are not supported by the Nintendo DS...." is not true. (I'm using a lite DS)

Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:39 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

YaelleG wrote:
worried I've been asking too many questions - I wanted to delete this one... I don't see an option under "edit post"?

Where I'm stuck is in a few places!! In Pearl. I'm a noob, first of all. So please have patience?

I have 140 in the Pokedex. I don't really want to go to the Elite 4 yet for 2 reasons:
a. I can NOT find my way through Victory Road!! Its just like an endlessly looping whirlpool of annoying trainers LOL
b. My lineup is really good EXCEPT for 2 of em - here's the thing: Bastiodon & ugh. Bibarel.

I don't really like Bastiodon so much because of his horrible attack, and I REALLY don't want to bring Bibarel, cuz... he's frickin Bibarel! so I wonder if there is an opportunity to get in there to the Elite 4 without needing all of the HMs? Like, maybe there will be a PC & then 0 rocks to smash, things to lift, etc??
My Bibarel has surf, waterfall, rock climb & cut and my Bastiodon has Rock Smash & Strength. Bastiodon's got good defense & special def (145 and 120 ) but his attack stats are horrible!
If I can get rid of those 2 I might be able to cover a few more types like psychic, dark, ghost, grass & ice. Maybe throw a Sneasel in there plus something ghost.
Other wise I'm so lost. Literally. I saw a walkthrough for getting thru Victory Road but omg. If I were any more lost I'd be ________ (insert some kind of funny/lame joke)

Once you get through Victory Road, there's a Pokemon Center in the Pokemon League. You can swap those two for better ones in your PC.

Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:43 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

YaelleG wrote:
YaelleG wrote:
worried I've been asking too many questions - I wanted to delete this one... I don't see an option under "edit post"?

YIKES. I meant to ask this - is it possible to get to 150 before the Elite 4? I have 8 badges and all that. I really want that national dex! But like I said, I am so not making my way through Victory Road & this is a good opportunity to level up my guys. I just wish I could find some new pokemon?? Since I haven't been able to get past 140 I started to wonder if you actually CANT til after beating the E4.

You need to battle them to see either Spiritomb or Garchomp, I don't remember which.

Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:49 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

@YaelleG:

In D/P, Cynthia's team is Spiritomb (lead), Roserade, Gastrodon, Milotic, Lucario, and Garchomp (strongest). The Garchomp is a whopping level 66, and is the strongest thing you will fight in the entire game. It's also an utter murderface.

Defeating Cynthia requires a lot of luck and prediction...and perseverance and a lot of healing items. All of them are extremely difficult in their own way, and it might require multiple attempts to win.

Spiritomb: The lead. Don't waste your low PP moves on it because then you won't have them for later. Don't take too long, as it abuses Double Team and Will-o-wisp, so take it out fast - which is hard since it's very bulky and has no weaknesses. Any never-miss moves will help.

Roserade: Probably the easiest thing to stop. Its movepool is relatively limited and can be resisted by a few things - I think it's Energy Ball, Sludge Bomb, Extrasensory, and 1 thing I forgot. Smack it with an SE move or two and it should go down fast.

Gastrodon: Tricky, but like Roserade, nothing too strenuous. It's only difficult if you don't have a Grass-type move; although Gastrodon only is weak to Grass, it is a 4x weakness, which is huge.

Milotic: Treat this like you would Spiritomb, except instead of DT and WOW, it sports Recover. Fortunately, its Defense is lower than its Special Defense and it's weak to Electric and Grass. It might take a while since it will probably 2HKO you unless you resist it, while you may only 3HKO it at best, so keep healing items on hand.

Lucario: Lucario is incredibly difficult, not only because it's pretty fast but also because it has a fairly large array of special attacks (Aura Sphere, Psychic, and Dragon Pulse) that can hit a lot of SE damage. Its Steel type doesn't help either, since it gives it many resistances - but also some weaknesses that you can exploit. Fire, Fighting, and Ground are advised. Fortunately Lucario has subpar defenses, so if you actually get a hit off it shouldn't last long.

Garchomp: Cross your fingers and prepare yourself. The hardest thing to actually do against Garchomp is to survive its first attack. It will nearly always go first, using either Dragon Rush or Earthquake to hit you, and with its astronomical Attack stat it's very hard to live through it. Its weaknesses are Dragon and Ice, so get someone out that has 1 or both of those types of moves to hit it back. Unfortunately, Palkia is weak to Dragon itself, so you have to hope that Dragon Rush either misses or it lives barely (and the former is more likely). A lot of things can learn Ice Beam, but Ice moves aren't exactly prevalent before the E4, so you may have to resort to something else, such as Bronzong, who resists a ton of moves. (I honestly recommend getting a Bronzong if you don't have one already; it is one of the best things in DP.)

It's not easy, it requires a lot of planning, and even some luck. But once you actually get through it, the relief that follows is such a great feeling. You can do it!

Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:54 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I am stumped again. Seems like every 30 days or so....

I beat the elite four, got the national and everything. I have been trying to migrate from antoher game (Emerald) & the option to migrate NEVER APPEARS. This is sooo frustrating! When things just don't work the way you want them to.
OK so I turn on the DS with the GBA cartridge inserted. I look at the start screen & there is no option at all to interact with the GBA game. None. I hear it should say migrate or whatever.

I searched the web & I found an incredible # of people asking the same exact question but guess how many of them had their questons actually answered? Negative zero. There are a lot of replies & such but just...no solution. All sorts of unhelpful answers! The internet is a dangerous place.

Ok so I have spoken to Professor Oak & Professor whatshisname at the lab. One of them tells me that I have seen 252 Pokemon, the other says I can not even imagine what else to do.

The only thing I wonder is if it has something to do with the system that I'm using. I had to switch to a new old DS Lite in order to take advantage of the GBA cartridge slot. Usually using a DSi. (because I didn't realize when I bought it that I was totally screwing myself over). I could switch back but of course there's no GBA thing on the other one.Stumped. I'm getting annoyed here.

Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:38 am
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

@YaelleG

I happen to be at a point in my Platinum game where I have just obtained the National Dex. I do, however, have the option to migrate from my Emerald Version after starting up Platinum.

The only thing I did after getting the National Dex was go to the Battle Zone and participate in the Battle Frontier, but I am certain that has no effect on making the Migration option appear. It seems that it may be a hardware issue or perhaps a problem particular to Diamond or Pearl.

Are you playing Diamond or Pearl (not Platinum)? Does your GBA slot work (can you play Emerald on your DS Lite)?

Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:36 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

I think you need to go to where Pal Park is (at the end of the path south of Sandgem Town) and talk to the attendant there first, before the option to migrate appears.

Not totally sure about that, but try that first. If that doesn't work, I'll keep thinking.

Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:47 am
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

I've not yet visited the Pal Park but I am still able to migrate.

Other possible issues: are you sure that both your DPP game and your Emerald game are legitimate copies of the game? Are the two games different languages?

Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:21 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

HEY GUESS WHAT? Turns out that this copy of the GBA game that I got is NOT legit. Stupid thief seller!! Soembody told mee that this happens with games that are bootleg or illegitimate copies so I decided to look at the seller's feedback on eBay and to do some looking around re: my copy of the game.
Yup. Sure enough, the guy has gotten several complaints recently about video games he has sold being fakes. Garrrh! I'm so mad because I have just been dying to migrate some stuff & do a few things.

Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:43 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Is there anyone who still trades their legendary Pokemon because I have missed every event. :cry:

Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:43 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I recently got Giratina in Platinum (on Halloween :3) and I was wondering...

Is it possible to get Dialga and Palkia after you sell their respective orbs? I was desperate for money, and I was stupid and sold them. And now I can't encounter them on the top of Coronet.

You may pelt me with hard objects now...

XD Yup...

Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:04 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I don't think you can get them after you have sold the orbs.. I am throwing rocks at you through the cyber world. However I think that your psyduck golduck thing is awesome :)

Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:42 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Thebluepik1 wrote:
I recently got Giratina in Platinum (on Halloween :3) and I was wondering...

Is it possible to get Dialga and Palkia after you sell their respective orbs? I was desperate for money, and I was stupid and sold them. And now I can't encounter them on the top of Coronet.

You may pelt me with hard objects now...

"Throws rocks at you"
Nope, you can't get them back.

Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:49 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

:cry: I KNEW I WOULD GET THINGS THROWN AT ME!

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

I want my Dialga! And Palkia!

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY...

XD Yup...

Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:13 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

have you got dialga and palkia in your pokedex if so you might be able to find them in the gts. if it's still up. I can't check because my internet protection thing is wpa.

Black Friend Code: used in trades gmt - 06:00 central time us
Chris 1935 9949 5758
3ds Friend code:
3695-0533-8271 this one has reached 100 friends if you want a safari from me use the 2nd friend code.
2nd 3ds friend code: 1821-9478-7101
Black2 Friend Code: Chris 0519 5118 7320

Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:36 pm
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I don't have very good Wi-Fi connection at my house... We don't have our own Wi-Fi and we usually use the connection from across the street. And considering my DS doesn't have good Wi-Fi range...
:frustrated:
But anyway, YES, they are in my Pokédex.

Edit: I just caught Palkia in my Pearl. I can just transfer it. 8-)

XD Yup...

Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:49 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

were can i find rockclimb?

Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:56 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

cat-scat wrote:
were can i find rockclimb?

On your point to Snowpoint city, you can see a house in the huge area covered in blizzard. It's just behind the house.

Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:01 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Post Re:
Peanut-Lover wrote:
Where are the move tutors? And no, I don't mean the remember-er in pastoria.

I mean the elemental hyper beams and draco meteor ones.

Also, here's an idea - edit your posts once the question has been answered with the correct answer, while leaving the old questions.

Edit:

Draco Meteor is indeed on Route 210 (north of Solaceon Town), past the large swath of grass. Use cut on the bush, go up, the stairs, hang a right, go down the rock climb, walk about 3 squares, Paris shuttle use rock climb to go up, fight the dragon tamer (with the gible), and the lady is in the house in the upper right. She can be used as often as you like. Oh, before going down the ledge, there's a nugget right in the little square area - take the stairs.

Elemental Hyper Beams: Route 228 in the Sandstorm Area - not up tot hat yet, so I can't confirm

Hello, great idea, I agree with you :)

Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 1875 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75